Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,559 members, 7,816,357 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:09 AM

So Hard To Female Software Programmers - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / So Hard To Female Software Programmers (2825 Views)

Why Is Python Programming So Hard To Understand / Junior Developer Internship So Hard To Find / Top 10 Richest Software Programmers In The World (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

So Hard To Female Software Programmers by codewithfemi: 9:35am On Aug 17, 2022
It is very difficult to find Female Software Engineers. You like to know why? Watch this interview and subscribe to my Youtube channel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SV-EUgzEvmo&t=9s
Re: So Hard To Female Software Programmers by airsaylongcome: 9:43am On Aug 17, 2022
It's not hard. There are loads of them. And very competent. But the misogyny in the field has compelled them to camouflage. Loads of them on online forums disguise as male so they don't get discriminated against

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: So Hard To Female Software Programmers by codewithfemi: 10:33am On Aug 17, 2022
airsaylongcome:
It's not hard. There are loads of them. And very competent. But the misogyny in the field has compelled them to camouflage. Loads of them on online forums disguise as male so they don't get discriminated against

That's so sad. They need to come out in their true identity and take their rightful place in tech. The imbalance is causing a lot of issues and killing valuable talents.
Re: So Hard To Female Software Programmers by airsaylongcome: 10:42am On Aug 17, 2022
codewithfemi:

That's so sad. They need to come out in their true identity and take their rightful place in tech. The imbalance is causing a lot of issues and killing valuable talents.

Come out in their true identity and get roasted? Even here in Nairaland I know how many threads I've been on were females in tech are denigrated. A lot of the guys hint that it's their feminity that got them their tech jobs. That's euphemism for sleeping around. Until the male folks learn to accept that females in tech (whether programming or otherwise) are equally as competent as males, the females will continue to disguise and leave us males to have our testosterone fuelled arguments

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: So Hard To Female Software Programmers by Nobody: 10:50am On Aug 17, 2022
airsaylongcome:

Hmmm... wonder the planet you're in.

I've never seen a Tech sis discrimated against.

People usually praise them for their efforts no matter how little...

At second part...

You're really in another planet bro lol...

Female devs disguising as males?

As how ? and for where lol ?

11 Likes

Re: So Hard To Female Software Programmers by codewithfemi: 11:00am On Aug 17, 2022
airsaylongcome:

Come out in their true identity and get roasted? Even here in Nairaland I know how many threads I've been on were females in tech are denigrated. A lot of the guys hint that it's their feminity that got them their tech jobs. That's euphemism for sleeping around. Until the male folks learn to accept that females in tech (whether programming or otherwise) are equally as competent as males, the females will continue to disguise and leave us males to have our testosterone fuelled arguments

I am a male tech professional and I accept females in tech as my equal and I do believe there are other males out there that are like me. We just have to speak up, defend and encourage more females in tech spaces.
Re: So Hard To Female Software Programmers by codewithfemi: 11:16am On Aug 17, 2022
GREATIGBOMAN:

At second part...

I have been away from Nigeria for 11years now and I was wondering if it's gotten that bad in Nigeria based on @airsaylongcome comments. lool thanks for your comment. So you agree with me that it's hard to find female software engineers?

2 Likes

Re: So Hard To Female Software Programmers by airsaylongcome: 11:21am On Aug 17, 2022
codewithfemi:

I am a male tech professional and I accept females in tech as my equal and I do believe there are other males out there that are like me. We just have to speak up, defend and encourage more females in tech spaces.

I can post loads of messages on NL here that brazenly suggest that females in tech in Naija only got in based on their feminity

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: So Hard To Female Software Programmers by Nobody: 11:22am On Aug 17, 2022
codewithfemi:

I have been away from Nigeria for 11years now and I was wondering if it's gotten that bad in Nigeria based on @airsaylongcome comments. lool thanks for your comment. So you agree with me that it's hard to find female software engineers?

It's not hard.

Spend more time on Twitter and follow many developers.

You'd see them pop on your timeline as suggestion

1 Like

Re: So Hard To Female Software Programmers by Fourpockets: 11:27am On Aug 17, 2022
airsaylongcome:

Misogyny ? Really undecided

2 Likes

Re: So Hard To Female Software Programmers by Fourpockets: 11:29am On Aug 17, 2022
GREATIGBOMAN:

At second part...

I was shocked, there are a lot of female tech influencers on twitter, where did he get that idea from ?
Re: So Hard To Female Software Programmers by Nobody: 12:06pm On Aug 17, 2022
Fourpockets:

I was shocked, there are a lot of female tech influencers on twitter, where did he get that idea from ?

Confused myself.

He said he's not in Nigeria... maybe that's why

2 Likes

Re: So Hard To Female Software Programmers by codewithfemi: 12:51pm On Aug 17, 2022
GREATIGBOMAN:

Confused myself.

It's so hard to find Female Software engineers in South Africa where I am
Re: So Hard To Female Software Programmers by Nobody: 1:02pm On Aug 17, 2022
codewithfemi:

South Africans are known to be lazy.... maybe that's why lol
Re: So Hard To Female Software Programmers by Deicide: 1:45pm On Aug 17, 2022
airsaylongcome:
Which misogyny? Please stop talking out of your ass

4 Likes

Re: So Hard To Female Software Programmers by airsaylongcome: 1:53pm On Aug 17, 2022
Deicide:
Which misogyny? Please stop talking out of your ass

So a lot of people seem agitated about my use of the word "misogyny". The below outlines my use of the word.

I have seen to many threads were males whine that ladies in tech (in Nigeria at least) got their roles because they are females and not necessarily because they were competent. I have read loads of comments here were people moan about female-focused boot camps and the so-called advantages females get as regards empowering them.

Bratislava, please do you remember the thread(s) that were "trending" on this programming section were prominent monikers were suggesting that females in tech get preferential treatment because they were female

4 Likes

Re: So Hard To Female Software Programmers by airsaylongcome: 1:55pm On Aug 17, 2022
GREATIGBOMAN:

Confused myself.

I'm not sure I have ever insinuated that I don't live and work in Nigeria. Unless I am misunderstanding who this post I quoted is aimed at.

1 Like

Re: So Hard To Female Software Programmers by Nobody: 1:58pm On Aug 17, 2022
airsaylongcome:

I'm not sure I have ever insinuated that I don't live and work in Nigeria. Unless I am misunderstanding who this post I quoted is aimed at.

It was for the op

1 Like

Re: So Hard To Female Software Programmers by airsaylongcome: 1:59pm On Aug 17, 2022
GREATIGBOMAN:

It was for the op

Okay. Understood
Re: So Hard To Female Software Programmers by Fourpockets: 2:53pm On Aug 17, 2022
airsaylongcome:

So a lot of people seem agitated about my use of the word "misogyny". The below outlines my use of the word.

I have seen to many threads were makes whine that ladies in tech (in Nigeria at least) got their roles because they are females and not necessarily because they were competent. I have read loads of comments here were people moan about female-focused boot camps and the so-called advantages females get as regards empowering them.

Bratislava, please do you remember the thread(s) that were "trending" on this programming section were prominent monikers were suggesting that females in tech get preferential treatment because they were female

Please stop misleading people, there are a lot of Nigerian female tech influencers I follow on Twitter, I don't know where you got your source from

And as for female only bootcamps
I think that's stupid cos isn't that discrimination first of all

8 Likes

Re: So Hard To Female Software Programmers by BRATISLAVA: 3:43pm On Aug 17, 2022
airsaylongcome:

grin

If I didn't see that, I would be pretending.

There's a long way to go in the tech community when it comes to the superiority complexes of tech bros and the usual knuckle dragging. All the testosterone is enough to keep many females out of it. The fact that these bros only know what they think—and only want to believe that the thing they're thinking is always and only right—is repelling and unenlightened.

Civilization and development go beyond knowing how to code, yet being deeply backward in thought and sentiment.

2 Likes

Re: So Hard To Female Software Programmers by tensazangetsu20(m): 3:55pm On Aug 17, 2022
airsaylongcome:
It's not hard. There are loads of them. And very competent. But the misogyny in the field has compelled them to camouflage. [b]Loads of them on online forums disguise as male so they don't get discriminated agains[/b]t

This life is crazy o and me I always identify as a woman whenever I apply to jobs so I can get invited for an interview. grin grin

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: So Hard To Female Software Programmers by BRATISLAVA: 3:56pm On Aug 17, 2022
airsaylongcome:

I have seen to many threads were makes whine that ladies in tech (in Nigeria at least) got their roles because they are females and not necessarily because they were competent. I have read loads of comments here were people moan about female-focused boot camps and the so-called advantages females get as regards empowering them.

I remember those threads, especially that catalyst thread. The one in which the bias against women in tech was pathetic. The one in which none of my questions were answered—instead I was given the usual dose of "I can't come down to your level, are you a tech bro? Well, I don't have answers to your question, so I'm going to pretend you don't exist and continue to propagate baseless assumptions because that's what we want to chest bump on" from people who seemed so aggrieved that women should be given a chance as much as quota system black male immigrants in foreign countries.

They were asked for how it was preferential treatment and kept coming up with misogyny instead.

The good news is that those fringe views—from people who actually post woman abusing drivel on other threads (I decided to see if they were being impartial and alas they tend towards the worst spectrum of misogyny)—those fringe views can't stop the alleged "preferential treatment" of females.

2 Likes

Re: So Hard To Female Software Programmers by Maxxim: 4:21pm On Aug 17, 2022
Op brought vawulence to this section.

I haven't seen anyone looking down on women in tech since I commenced some months back, I followed a lot of em on twitter including beginners like me, even on tiktok too. They are showed nothing else but love.

I think there's an increase in guys in programming cos most choose this path to escape from poverty compared to ladies who came from the average income house hold where they're been taken care of.

1 Like

Re: So Hard To Female Software Programmers by LikeAking: 4:29pm On Aug 17, 2022
I tire for dis thread.
Re: So Hard To Female Software Programmers by Agbebakun22: 4:46pm On Aug 17, 2022
codewithfemi:

they have but dunno about Nigeria cux mostly my tutors in ALX SE Program are female
Re: So Hard To Female Software Programmers by Agbebakun22: 4:53pm On Aug 17, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

This life is crazy o and me I always identify as a woman whenever I apply to jobs so I can get invited for an interview. grin grin
I have been tryin to quote u on one 17yrs front end lad thread. Pls as a newbie like me i haven't learn enough on this coding thing but can i go into DSA first without having knowledge in any lang yet. Your reply will be highly appreciated. Tho i'm currently enrolled on ALX SE Program. Thanks
Re: So Hard To Female Software Programmers by tensazangetsu20(m): 4:55pm On Aug 17, 2022
Agbebakun22:
I have been tryin to quote u on one 17yrs front end lad thread. Pls as a newbie like me i haven't learn enough on this coding thing but can i go into DSA first without having knowledge in any lang yet. Your reply will be highly appreciated. Tho i'm currently enrolled on ALX SE Program. Thanks
How would you implement the data structures without knowing a programming language
Re: So Hard To Female Software Programmers by Agbebakun22: 5:02pm On Aug 17, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

How would you implement the data structures without knowing a programming language
wow same reply i got from various google search. Thanks but quick question to ask. What language will u recommend for a newbie? Tho i'm currently learning C cux it will be needed for the ALX program but it seems hard but i grasp more quick on learning python but if i may ask which one u think will be great for newbie or should i just focus on CS fundamental courses first. Thanks for ur first reply.
Re: So Hard To Female Software Programmers by tensazangetsu20(m): 5:10pm On Aug 17, 2022
Agbebakun22:
wow same reply i got from various google search. Thanks but quick question to ask. What language will u recommend for a newbie? Tho i'm currently learning C cux it will be needed for the ALX program but it seems hard but i grasp more quick on learning python but if i may ask which one u think will be great for newbie or should i just focus on CS fundamental courses first. Thanks for ur first reply.

Any language is okay. They are all the same once you can learn one well

1 Like

Re: So Hard To Female Software Programmers by Agbebakun22: 5:21pm On Aug 17, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

Any language is okay. They are all the same once you can learn one well
Thank you for your invaluable support. I really appreciate your time.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Html/css/javascript Tic-tac-toe Project / I Need A Good Software Developer / Hints Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.