Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,901 members, 7,814,048 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:30 AM

My Stolen Phone Has Been Located In Cotonou - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / My Stolen Phone Has Been Located In Cotonou (25211 Views)

My Stolen Phone Of 2 Years Was Found In Niger Republic / My Windows Phone Has Ended Support For Whatsapp / World’s First Foldable Phone Has Been Launched. Checkout Specs, PICS And Video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Stolen Phone Has Been Located In Cotonou by Orenike: 6:38pm On Aug 17, 2022
My stolen redmi note 9s has been located in cotonou thanks to my xiaomi account which tracked the phone...I also was able to lock the phone so the phone is basically useless..

However, I don't know if it's possible to get my phone cry because na this phone I dey take learn online skills before it was stolen cry...

FYI, the phone was stolen at Tafawa balewa Square, Lagos, Nigeria.

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Stolen Phone Has Been Located In Cotonou by Chnbanc: 6:40pm On Aug 17, 2022
This your phone don Waka.
Wakanow.com

90 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Stolen Phone Has Been Located In Cotonou by Orenike: 6:42pm On Aug 17, 2022
cry cry yes ooo...
Chnbanc:
This your phone don Waka
Re: My Stolen Phone Has Been Located In Cotonou by Chaos14: 6:43pm On Aug 17, 2022
Thats how a british woman found her iphone in ghana from new-york

146 Likes 6 Shares

Re: My Stolen Phone Has Been Located In Cotonou by meobizy(f): 6:43pm On Aug 17, 2022
Phone don travel pass OP. Lol.

179 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Stolen Phone Has Been Located In Cotonou by Orenike: 6:57pm On Aug 17, 2022
I swear ooo, I have never gone out of Nigeria..
meobizy:
Phone don travel pass OP. Lol.

65 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Stolen Phone Has Been Located In Cotonou by Orenike: 6:57pm On Aug 17, 2022
cry
Chaos14:
Thats how a british woman found her iphone in ghana from new-york

1 Like

Re: My Stolen Phone Has Been Located In Cotonou by Nobody: 7:01pm On Aug 17, 2022
grin this one week me oh

4 Likes 5 Shares

Re: My Stolen Phone Has Been Located In Cotonou by Orenike: 7:19pm On Aug 17, 2022
cry
Scamupdates:
grin this one week me oh
Re: My Stolen Phone Has Been Located In Cotonou by excanny: 8:00pm On Aug 17, 2022
Write a message on it that it was stolen and add your phone number to it. Add kindly return by calling above number.

You can do it on the same xiaomi site where you locked it.

86 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Stolen Phone Has Been Located In Cotonou by Authoreety: 8:03pm On Aug 17, 2022
How wr u able to do that, I man tracking it
Re: My Stolen Phone Has Been Located In Cotonou by excanny: 8:10pm On Aug 17, 2022
Authoreety:

Every modern phone maker has a website where you can perform anti theft actions like locking and tracking your phone.

Apple uses iCloud, Samsung I think findmymobile and also xioami too and the rest.

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Stolen Phone Has Been Located In Cotonou by Joshchi19(m): 8:25pm On Aug 17, 2022
This is interesting..
Re: My Stolen Phone Has Been Located In Cotonou by Orenike: 8:53pm On Aug 17, 2022
I have done it before, thanks..
excanny:
Write a message on it that it was stolen and add your phone number to it. Add kindly return by calling above number.

You can do it on the same xiaomi site where you locked it.

3 Likes

Re: My Stolen Phone Has Been Located In Cotonou by Orenike: 8:54pm On Aug 17, 2022
Through my xiaomi mi account..
Authoreety:

1 Like

Re: My Stolen Phone Has Been Located In Cotonou by Zonefree(m): 9:24pm On Aug 17, 2022
Your phone don first you travel out cheesy

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Stolen Phone Has Been Located In Cotonou by Nobody: 9:26pm On Aug 17, 2022
Mad O grin
Re: My Stolen Phone Has Been Located In Cotonou by Ernesttoby30: 10:03pm On Aug 17, 2022
Orenike:
My stolen redmi note 9s has been located in cotonou thanks to my xiaomi account which tracked the phone...I also was able to lock the phone so the phone is basically useless..

However, I don't know if it's possible to get my phone cry because na this phone I dey take learn online skills before it was stolen cry...

FYI, the phone was stolen at Tafawa balewa Square, Lagos, Nigeria.

They will flash it out. Same thing happened to me when i misplaced my Redmi 8 inside danfo bus in Lagos. I locked it with a written note, including my number.

About a week thereabout, a strange number called and was telling me how he bought my phone in Lafenwa in Abeokuta. But that the phone is locked. I explained everything to him and promised to compensate him if only i can get my phone.

The mumu said no. That he want to return it and get his money back. I asked for the seller contact, he refused. The next day, i received a message that the account has been reset and I can't have access to it any longer. That was how it ended.

116 Likes 8 Shares

Re: My Stolen Phone Has Been Located In Cotonou by Airyprince(m): 10:06pm On Aug 17, 2022
Dem don carry your phone dey go where I no know

3 Likes

Re: My Stolen Phone Has Been Located In Cotonou by RubiesBanking: 10:56pm On Aug 17, 2022
Ernesttoby30:

They will flash it out. Same thing happened to me when i misplaced my Redmi 8 inside danfo bus in Lagos. I locked it with a written note, including my number.

About a week thereabout, a strange number called and was telling me how he bought my phone in Lafenwa in Abeokuta. But that the phone is locked. I explained everything to him and promised to compensate him if only i can get my phone.

The mumu said no. That he want to return it and get his money back. I asked for the seller contact, he refused. The next day, i received a message that the account has been reset and I can't have access to it any longer. That was how it ended.

Did you at anytime unlock the bootloader?
Re: My Stolen Phone Has Been Located In Cotonou by excanny: 11:14pm On Aug 17, 2022
Ernesttoby30:

Was this phone locked with a xioami account?

This is very strange. They shouldn’t be able to flash out the login details on your phone manufacturer’s website.

Did you reveal sensitive info that aided them in doing a password reset on the phone?

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Stolen Phone Has Been Located In Cotonou by Ernesttoby30: 11:20pm On Aug 17, 2022
excanny:

This is very strange. They shouldn’t be able to flash out the login details on your phone manufacturer’s website.

Did you reveal sensitive info that aided them in doing a password reset on the phone?

Seriously i never did. I was even surprised to see that. I was told that Xiaomi security system is not as strong as Iphone.

I still have the phone carton with me up till date

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Stolen Phone Has Been Located In Cotonou by excanny: 11:30pm On Aug 17, 2022
Ernesttoby30:

Seriously i never did. I was even surprised to see that. I was told that Xiaomi security system is not as strong as Iphone.

I still have the phone carton with me up till date

Yes. iPhone security is harder to hack.

But when my Samsung was stolen, the thief flashed it but he was unable to log out of my Samsung account until I locked it eventually with a message that the phone was stolen that whoever finds it should call my number. After 2 days, I got a call that I should look behind my generator that my phone was there.

The phone was stolen when my younger ones placed it on the gen, tho.

When I got the phone, all my pictures were wiped out and the thief’s photos were in the phone, which he was unable to clear the moment I locked the phone from my Samsung account.

So I’m really surprised someone was able to flash out your login details on a xioami account.

76 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Stolen Phone Has Been Located In Cotonou by Ernesttoby30: 11:45pm On Aug 17, 2022
excanny:

But when my Samsung was stolen, the thief flashed it but he was unable to log out of my Samsung account until I locked it eventually with a message that the phone was stolen that whoever finds it should call my number. After 2 days, I got a call that I should look behind my generator that my phone was there.

When I got the phone, all my pictures were wiped out and the thief’s photos were in the phone, which he was unable to clear the moment I locked the phone from my Samsung account.

So I’m really surprised someone was able to flash out your login details on a xioami account.

I guess it's different with xiaomi product. Or maybe they've improved in their security services. Mine happened 2020 though

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Stolen Phone Has Been Located In Cotonou by Olumighty123(m): 12:06am On Aug 18, 2022
excanny:

Pls how do I do this on my galaxy s series?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Stolen Phone Has Been Located In Cotonou by drmuchin: 12:14am On Aug 18, 2022
Ernesttoby30:

FOR REAL?
I THOUGHT IT IS A FOOLPROOF METHOD TO LOCK PHONE
HOW DID THEY HACK IT?
Re: My Stolen Phone Has Been Located In Cotonou by Ernesttoby30: 12:23am On Aug 18, 2022
drmuchin:

FOR REAL?
I THOUGHT IT IS A FOOLPROOF METHOD TO LOCK PHONE
HOW DID THEY HACK IT?

I don't know bro. After receiving the message, i wasn't able to access my account again through my wife Redmi phone as i used to. And nobody has called me it till today about the phone.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Stolen Phone Has Been Located In Cotonou by Nobody: 1:05am On Aug 18, 2022
The phone is an ambition!
Re: My Stolen Phone Has Been Located In Cotonou by techWriter3: 1:12am On Aug 18, 2022
Phone donald travelers pass OP

1 Like

Re: My Stolen Phone Has Been Located In Cotonou by atimadesign(m): 1:17am On Aug 18, 2022
Sounds impressive,I just imagine how these thieves work smartly.. instead of applying the same knowledge to something creative.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Stolen Phone Has Been Located In Cotonou by excanny: 2:05am On Aug 18, 2022
Olumighty123:

Pls how do I do this on my galaxy s series?

https://findmymobile.samsung.com/

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Galaxy S9 Price, Release Date And Specs: Samsung Confirms Mwc Launch For S9, S9+ / What’s So Special About This Infinix Hot 4? / Tecno L7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.