Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,204 members, 7,836,004 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:07 PM

My Stolen Phone Has Been Located In Cotonou - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / My Stolen Phone Has Been Located In Cotonou (25330 Views)

My Stolen Phone Of 2 Years Was Found In Niger Republic / My Windows Phone Has Ended Support For Whatsapp / World’s First Foldable Phone Has Been Launched. Checkout Specs, PICS And Video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Stolen Phone Has Been Located In Cotonou by Orenike: 1:02pm On Aug 18, 2022
Are they reliable? cry
SAMBARRY:
contact the Cotonou police force online

1 Like

Re: My Stolen Phone Has Been Located In Cotonou by enonamso(m): 1:02pm On Aug 18, 2022
excanny:

Every modern phone maker has a website where you can perform anti theft actions like locking and tracking your phone.

Apple uses iCloud, Samsung I think findmymobile and also xioami too and the rest.

What about Tecno
Re: My Stolen Phone Has Been Located In Cotonou by Nobody: 1:03pm On Aug 18, 2022
dontbothermuch:

This is quite strange, my Xiaomi note 7 got lost, I wrote a note & blocked it. 3 years now, it is still blocked & I haven't received such message.

Thats because the phone has been flashed and your account deleted from the phone. Offcourse on the redmi site the message that your phone is blocked will still show, but the fact is that the phone has been repurposed.

2 Likes

Re: My Stolen Phone Has Been Located In Cotonou by Orenike: 1:04pm On Aug 18, 2022
I know right!, they stole the phone from my small bag while I was wearing my small bag ooo, it's like they use juju....wicked people, God will catch them cry
atimadesign:
Sounds impressive,I just imagine how these thieves work smartly.. instead of applying the same knowledge to something creative.

1 Like

Re: My Stolen Phone Has Been Located In Cotonou by Orenike: 1:07pm On Aug 18, 2022
Lol, thieves are smart too cry, he knows that I'll involve the police.
just2endowed:

you shouldnt have locked the phone.....maybe the thief would have come to lagos to settle then u have the chance to catch him
Re: My Stolen Phone Has Been Located In Cotonou by Orenike: 1:08pm On Aug 18, 2022
That's a brilliant idea, thanks boss cheesy
FutureFocus:

Op! Do this , include a reward of 10,000 CFA

Offer to send someone to get it, acknowledge you are aware it was sold by the thief to him or her.
Give the person soft landing
Re: My Stolen Phone Has Been Located In Cotonou by Orenike: 1:10pm On Aug 18, 2022
Abi ooo, Me wey never travel out of naija cry
duduebony:

Your phone don waka go where you never reach. grin grin
Re: My Stolen Phone Has Been Located In Cotonou by Orenike: 1:11pm On Aug 18, 2022
Lol, they can't flash xiaomi if it's locked oo, e no go work..
quentin06:

Lock the phone? They will just flash it and it will become a new phone.
Re: My Stolen Phone Has Been Located In Cotonou by Orenike: 1:13pm On Aug 18, 2022
I don't think tecno has this type of inbuilt technology...
enonamso:

What about Tecno
Re: My Stolen Phone Has Been Located In Cotonou by Nobody: 1:13pm On Aug 18, 2022
Orenike:
Lol, they can't flash xiaomi if it's locked oo, e no go work..

See you , no be code am telling you there are guys who can.
Re: My Stolen Phone Has Been Located In Cotonou by Burgerlomo: 1:34pm On Aug 18, 2022
Your phone don japa

Re: My Stolen Phone Has Been Located In Cotonou by Lovelydaisies: 1:35pm On Aug 18, 2022
Signs of good things to come. grin You will soon travel.
Seriously sha, budget another one. Retrieving this one is unlikely.
Re: My Stolen Phone Has Been Located In Cotonou by AngelicBeing: 1:39pm On Aug 18, 2022
Chaos14:
Thats how a british woman found her iphone in ghana from new-york
Hian shocked
Re: My Stolen Phone Has Been Located In Cotonou by Chaos14: 1:42pm On Aug 18, 2022
AngelicBeing:
Hian shocked
What does that mean
Re: My Stolen Phone Has Been Located In Cotonou by Orenike: 1:42pm On Aug 18, 2022
So you know them angry
quentin06:

See you , no be code am telling you there are guys who can.
Re: My Stolen Phone Has Been Located In Cotonou by Orenike: 1:43pm On Aug 18, 2022
Lol, e go soon reach your turn, enjoy your laugh oo
Burgerlomo:
Your phone don japa

3 Likes

Re: My Stolen Phone Has Been Located In Cotonou by Orenike: 1:44pm On Aug 18, 2022
Amen ooo...thanks and God bless you
Lovelydaisies:
Signs of good things to come. grin You will soon travel.
Seriously sha, budget another one. Retrieving this one is unlikely.

1 Like

Re: My Stolen Phone Has Been Located In Cotonou by seunak2016: 1:47pm On Aug 18, 2022
Orenike:
I swear ooo, I have never gone out of Nigeria..
you sure the phone won't be unlocked again ?
Re: My Stolen Phone Has Been Located In Cotonou by cayorday89(m): 1:48pm On Aug 18, 2022
Orenike:
I swear ooo, I have never gone out of Nigeria..
You forgot the phone was never made in Nigeria or anywhere close to the shores if Africa before you bought it, it's a journeyman and it will remain so.
Re: My Stolen Phone Has Been Located In Cotonou by twosquare(m): 1:50pm On Aug 18, 2022
Leave a lock message with your international phone number. Don't just lock it. That was how I recovered my stolen Xiaomi redmi note 5 phone after a year it was stolen.
Orenike:
My stolen redmi note 9s has been located in cotonou thanks to my xiaomi account which tracked the phone...I also was able to lock the phone so the phone is basically useless..

However, I don't know if it's possible to get my phone cry because na this phone I dey take learn online skills before it was stolen cry...

FYI, the phone was stolen at Tafawa balewa Square, Lagos, Nigeria.
Re: My Stolen Phone Has Been Located In Cotonou by Pandorah(m): 1:51pm On Aug 18, 2022
Ernesttoby30:

Seriously i never did. I was even surprised to see that. I was told that Xiaomi security system is not as strong as Iphone.

I still have the phone carton with me up till date
If your bootloader was locked, then your device is still unlocked. That message does not mean the cloud security has been breached.
Re: My Stolen Phone Has Been Located In Cotonou by Pandorah(m): 1:54pm On Aug 18, 2022
Ernesttoby30:

I guess it's different with xiaomi product. Or maybe they've improved in their security services. Mine happened 2020 though
Xiaomi security is even harder to crack compared to iCloud. Once you lock the device and the person tries to flash it. The moment they connect to the internet, the device will be locked again. I'm a software engineer, so I am confidently telling u this cos I've tried it.
Iphone 11,12,13 cannot be flashed atm too.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Stolen Phone Has Been Located In Cotonou by orikoku: 1:58pm On Aug 18, 2022
Orenike:
My stolen redmi note 9s has been located in cotonou thanks to my xiaomi account which tracked the phone...I also was able to lock the phone so the phone is basically useless..

However, I don't know if it's possible to get my phone cry because na this phone I dey take learn online skills before it was stolen cry...

FYI, the phone was stolen at Tafawa balewa Square, Lagos, Nigeria.
please give me the site for Xiaomi. Thanks
Re: My Stolen Phone Has Been Located In Cotonou by Pandorah(m): 2:00pm On Aug 18, 2022
quentin06:

Lock the phone? They will just flash it and it will become a new phone.
It's nearly impossible to flash a Xiaomi device!
Re: My Stolen Phone Has Been Located In Cotonou by mbasharon(m): 2:03pm On Aug 18, 2022
Orenike:
I don't think tecno has this type of inbuilt technology...

Tecno spark go has it
Re: My Stolen Phone Has Been Located In Cotonou by rimijoshua(m): 2:04pm On Aug 18, 2022
How did you go about it,my phone was stolen at costain here in Lagos...
Re: My Stolen Phone Has Been Located In Cotonou by just2endowed: 3:09pm On Aug 18, 2022
Orenike:
Lol, thieves are smart too cry, he knows that I'll involve the police.

imei cant be wipe...thats where u will get him
Re: My Stolen Phone Has Been Located In Cotonou by Durabest: 3:10pm On Aug 18, 2022
Zonefree:
Your phone don first you travel out cheesy
ahahahahahaha kai the phone don japa
Re: My Stolen Phone Has Been Located In Cotonou by uptownemmygee(m): 3:15pm On Aug 18, 2022
GreyLaw:

Dem fit still break am throway out of anger. Or even sell some chips/parts. Keep your phones safely.

True sha

1 Like

Re: My Stolen Phone Has Been Located In Cotonou by Orenike: 3:20pm On Aug 18, 2022
I have my pvc already, I'm voting for him..
Gohs:
We need to vote Peter Obi for better economy so that we will have fewer phone thieves.

Vote Labour party for presidency — let's reduce joblessness and phone stealing!

1 Like

Re: My Stolen Phone Has Been Located In Cotonou by Orenike: 3:21pm On Aug 18, 2022
Are you using xiaomi or Samsung?
rimijoshua:
How did you go about it,my phone was stolen at costain here in Lagos...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Wiko Slide 2 Review and Thoughts / Evolution Of Telephones In Nigeria (pictures) / Oraimo 27000mah Powerbank Unboxing & Review – Traveler 3 Byte [massive Power]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.