Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,521 members, 7,819,870 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:23 AM

My Stolen Phone Has Been Located In Cotonou - Phones (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / My Stolen Phone Has Been Located In Cotonou (25236 Views)

My Stolen Phone Of 2 Years Was Found In Niger Republic / My Windows Phone Has Ended Support For Whatsapp / World’s First Foldable Phone Has Been Launched. Checkout Specs, PICS And Video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Stolen Phone Has Been Located In Cotonou by Orenike: 3:22pm On Aug 18, 2022
i.mi.com
orikoku:
please give me the site for Xiaomi. Thanks
Re: My Stolen Phone Has Been Located In Cotonou by Orenike: 3:23pm On Aug 18, 2022
I have done it...Thanks..
twosquare:
Leave a lock message with your international phone number. Don't just lock it. That was how I recovered my stolen Xiaomi redmi note 5 phone after a year it was stolen.
Re: My Stolen Phone Has Been Located In Cotonou by Orenike: 3:24pm On Aug 18, 2022
No it won't
seunak2016:
you sure the phone won't be unlocked again ?
Re: My Stolen Phone Has Been Located In Cotonou by Nobody: 3:24pm On Aug 18, 2022
Pandorah:
It's nearly impossible to flash a Xiaomi device!

Ok.
Re: My Stolen Phone Has Been Located In Cotonou by Orenike: 3:26pm On Aug 18, 2022
True oo, I've been telling them but they don't believe me
Pandorah:
It's nearly impossible to flash a Xiaomi device!
Re: My Stolen Phone Has Been Located In Cotonou by Orenike: 3:27pm On Aug 18, 2022
No worry, your turn dey come
Durabest:
ahahahahahaha kai the phone don japa
Re: My Stolen Phone Has Been Located In Cotonou by Orenike: 3:28pm On Aug 18, 2022
What is bootloader abeg?
Pandorah:
If your bootloader was locked, then your device is still unlocked. That message does not mean the cloud security has been breached.
Re: My Stolen Phone Has Been Located In Cotonou by Durabest: 3:35pm On Aug 18, 2022
Orenike:
No worry, your turn dey come
Back to sender.No be turn by turn mata na grace.
Re: My Stolen Phone Has Been Located In Cotonou by Gohs: 4:08pm On Aug 18, 2022
Orenike:
I have my pvc already, I'm voting for him..

Correct guuyy!! grin cheesy
Re: My Stolen Phone Has Been Located In Cotonou by Nobody: 4:39pm On Aug 18, 2022
Cookcounty:
******Weak (quote author=Scamupdates post=115799594]grin this one week me oh
yeah weak / week grin
Re: My Stolen Phone Has Been Located In Cotonou by dele2k4(m): 4:43pm On Aug 18, 2022
Abere Sonu a nfi ogun wa, se ko ti po ju ohun to sonu lo ni, Bros if you can foot the bill for two policemen from here to Cotonou you will get the phone through interpol but only if the user will ask to refund all these expenses and your phone then go ahead...
Re: My Stolen Phone Has Been Located In Cotonou by Blakjewelry(m): 5:01pm On Aug 18, 2022
excanny:

Yes. iPhone security is harder to hack.

But when my Samsung was stolen, the thief flashed it but he was unable to log out of my Samsung account until I locked it eventually with a message that the phone was stolen that whoever finds it should call my number. After 2 days, I got a call that I should look behind my generator that my phone was there.

The phone was stolen when my younger ones placed it on the gen, tho.

When I got the phone, all my pictures were wiped out and the thief’s photos were in the phone, which he was unable to clear the moment I locked the phone from my Samsung account.

So I’m really surprised someone was able to flash out your login details on a xioami account.
There paid tools that can flash any phone though you have to pay. Even iPhone can be done up to x, and I believe before next year ending xr upwards will be hackable.
Re: My Stolen Phone Has Been Located In Cotonou by Obidient4life3: 5:07pm On Aug 18, 2022
Ernesttoby30:

They will flash it out. Same thing happened to me when i misplaced my Redmi 8 inside danfo bus in Lagos. I locked it with a written note, including my number.

About a week thereabout, a strange number called and was telling me how he bought my phone in Lafenwa in Abeokuta. But that the phone is locked. I explained everything to him and promised to compensate him if only i can get my phone.

The mumu said no. That he want to return it and get his money back. I asked for the seller contact, he refused. The next day, i received a message that the account has been reset and I can't have access to it any longer. That was how it ended.

Did you lose the phone with the SIM card connected to the account?
Re: My Stolen Phone Has Been Located In Cotonou by Burgerlomo: 5:07pm On Aug 18, 2022
Orenike:
Lol, e go soon reach your turn, enjoy your laugh oo

Re: My Stolen Phone Has Been Located In Cotonou by whatmoreng: 5:39pm On Aug 18, 2022
excanny:

Every modern phone maker has a website where you can perform anti theft actions like locking and tracking your phone.

Apple uses iCloud, Samsung I think findmymobile and also xioami too and the rest.
Does infinix have?
Re: My Stolen Phone Has Been Located In Cotonou by Wwwq: 5:44pm On Aug 18, 2022
Oh
Re: My Stolen Phone Has Been Located In Cotonou by PurestBoy(m): 7:37pm On Aug 18, 2022
Stephendeals:

I lost my Redmi Note 9 Pro in Ibadan and locked it with a message, it was locked and i traced it to Sabo ibadan, it was there for about a week, then the location changed to Lagos, spent a month there before i got a message that my account have been reset... all the lil info on the mi space was blank...

Sabo Ibadan, if you had reported here I would have helped you called someone there and you'll get your phone.
Re: My Stolen Phone Has Been Located In Cotonou by SAMBARRY: 7:47pm On Aug 18, 2022
Orenike:
Are they reliable? cry
I can't say but you could give it a try
Re: My Stolen Phone Has Been Located In Cotonou by pat077: 8:11pm On Aug 18, 2022
mofadereraira3:
Write a message on it that it was stolen and add your phone number to it. Add kindly return by calling above number.You can do it on the same xiaomi site where you locked it.Write a message on it that it was stolen and add your phone number to it. Add kindly return by calling above number.You can do it on the same xiaomi site where you locked it....
I use xiaomi phone, how can I do this incase my phone get stolen?

1 Like

Re: My Stolen Phone Has Been Located In Cotonou by pat077: 8:13pm On Aug 18, 2022
Orenike:
I don't believe him, as I'm speaking now, my phone is still locked, in fact as the thief is charging my phone, my phone is still giving me update about the percentage of the battery.. it was 2% before, now its 50%..
how are you getting this update
Re: My Stolen Phone Has Been Located In Cotonou by pat077: 8:20pm On Aug 18, 2022
Orenike:
i.mi.com
can I lock mine through the mi app in my phone
Re: My Stolen Phone Has Been Located In Cotonou by Orenike: 8:31pm On Aug 18, 2022
Yes
pat077:
can I lock mine through the mi app in my phone
Re: My Stolen Phone Has Been Located In Cotonou by Orenike: 8:32pm On Aug 18, 2022
Through my mi account..
pat077:
how are you getting this update
Re: My Stolen Phone Has Been Located In Cotonou by Orenike: 8:33pm On Aug 18, 2022
Boss, shey me I get hope cry
PurestBoy:

Sabo Ibadan, if you had reported here I would have helped you called someone there and you'll get your phone.
Re: My Stolen Phone Has Been Located In Cotonou by Orenike: 8:34pm On Aug 18, 2022
Once you have registered your phone number and email on your mi account, it is automatically possible to track your xiaomi phone from anywhere in the world on another phone..
pat077:
I use xiaomi phone, how can I do this incase my phone get stolen?

1 Like

Re: My Stolen Phone Has Been Located In Cotonou by Orenike: 8:36pm On Aug 18, 2022
I don't know, maybe, do your own research but I doubt if the technology is as strong as xiaomi's...
whatmoreng:

Does infinix have?
Re: My Stolen Phone Has Been Located In Cotonou by Orenike: 8:38pm On Aug 18, 2022
The user has not even responded to my messages,and I doubt if he or she will want to return the phone to me cry
dele2k4:
Abere Sonu a nfi ogun wa, se ko ti po ju ohun to sonu lo ni, Bros if you can foot the bill for two policemen from here to Cotonou you will get the phone through interpol but only if the user will ask to refund all these expenses and your phone then go ahead...
Re: My Stolen Phone Has Been Located In Cotonou by Orenike: 8:45pm On Aug 18, 2022
Lol, we go see na...as you dey laugh me so, na so dem go dey laugh you when dem steal your phone, grace no go remember you angry
Durabest:
Back to sender.No be turn by turn mata na grace.
Re: My Stolen Phone Has Been Located In Cotonou by Nonsoco80(m): 8:49pm On Aug 18, 2022
Pandorah:
Xiaomi security is even harder to crack compared to iCloud. Once you lock the device and the person tries to flash it. The moment they connect to the internet, the device will be locked again. I'm a software engineer, so I am confidently telling u this cos I've tried it.
Iphone 11,12,13 cannot be flashed atm too.
you are saying the truth. Some engineer will unlock the phone, but it will automatically lock again when SIM card is inserted and connect to internet. It happens to one of my friend. Redmi note 7 pro. He bought the phone from jiji. Na since that day I started fearing Xiaomi

4 Likes

Re: My Stolen Phone Has Been Located In Cotonou by excanny: 8:57pm On Aug 18, 2022
Stephendeals:

I lost my Redmi Note 9 Pro in Ibadan and locked it with a message, it was locked and i traced it to Sabo ibadan, it was there for about a week, then the location changed to Lagos, spent a month there before i got a message that my account have been reset... all the lil info on the mi space was blank...

I'm really disappointed in Xiaomi. I'll stick to Samsung until their alleged security disappoint, so far with their security i got my lost phone by locking it. The thief returned it to where he stole it.
Re: My Stolen Phone Has Been Located In Cotonou by excanny: 8:59pm On Aug 18, 2022
Stephendeals:

Always indicated in the lock message that the phone was stolen. That way the thief will find it hard to tell people to help him flash it.

2 Likes

Re: My Stolen Phone Has Been Located In Cotonou by Durabest: 9:01pm On Aug 18, 2022
Orenike:
Lol, we go see na...as you dey laugh me so, na so dem go dey laugh you when dem steal your phone, grace no go remember you angry
you go knack girl without money now she siz your fone come here dey liar like sey dem tif am.tak tru make wil contribute for your mistake.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What’s So Special About This Infinix Hot 4? / Tecno L7 / Samsung Galaxy A52 Review: Perfect Affordable Midrange!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.