Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,001 members, 7,835,377 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:26 AM

Opinion: Transforming Abia Into Greatness, Prof Ikonne's Economic Agenda - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Opinion: Transforming Abia Into Greatness, Prof Ikonne's Economic Agenda (434 Views)

Otti Sliding Abia Into Dictatorship – PDP Stalwart, Nwabueze / Atiku Releases Economic Agenda, Vows To Break Govt Monopoly / Prof Ikonne Wins Abia PDP Governorship Ticket (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Opinion: Transforming Abia Into Greatness, Prof Ikonne's Economic Agenda by Naijafrontpage: 9:23am On Aug 18, 2022
"THE ECONOMIC VISION I AM PROPOSING WILL TRANSFORM ABIA INTO GREATNESS, WHERE OUR PEOPLE WILL ENJOY ALL THE BASIC NEEDS, I WILL SECURE THE ENVIRONMENT BY STRENGTHENING OUR INDIGENOUS VIGILANTE AND MAKE FOOD AND HOUSING ABUNDANT, AND THE QUALITY OF EDUCATION AND HEALTHCARE WILL BE GREATLY IMPROVED AND MADE AFFORDABLE FOR ALL"

Credit: Prof. Uche Ikonne

These were the words of Prof Eleazar Uche Ikonne, the PDP Governorship candidate in the 2023 election.

Flipping through the pages of the book hosting the blueprint of Prof. Eleazar Uche Ikonne's vision for Abia state, one's heart will be gladdened and hopes reassured of a brighter and prosperous tomorrow with the visions and proposals of the erudite Professor of Optometry, a renowned administrator and academic of great repute on how to improve and re-engineer the economic potentials of our great state.

His economic reforms, if put to work will transform Abia into a great economy, Abia will be the pride of not just the southeast but the whole nation, Abia will champion regional economic rejuvenation and will become a role model for the entire nation, we will be greatly respected and admired in the comity of states.

We will experience a prosperous, vibrant, and thriving economy, and our production capacity will be greatly improved turning Abia into a prosperous state with a fast-growing industrial base, capable of producing the most basic needs of the people and exporting not just to other states but to some West African nations through a deliberate and realistic economic reform policy that is geared towards assisting industry players with soft loans, creating enabling environment and eliminating double taxation using technology.

Abia will experience a robust economy, where prosperity will be broadly shared by all irrespective of class, clan, or zone, and job creation and employment will be made tops in the order of priority.

There will be a significant and huge investment in infrastructure, SMEs, manufacturing, and agriculture, every LGA,s competitive advantage will be exploited and it's potential optimized to enhance industrial growth and job creation.

Prof. Ikonne is ready, he is the most experienced, he is known for matching words with action, and under his watch, Abia and Abians will prosper.

Uche Ndi Abia Mee, Ala Juo Oyi

Uche Aguoru
Writes From Umuahia.

Re: Opinion: Transforming Abia Into Greatness, Prof Ikonne's Economic Agenda by Nobody: 9:27am On Aug 18, 2022
Not bad.
Re: Opinion: Transforming Abia Into Greatness, Prof Ikonne's Economic Agenda by lonecatt(m): 9:28am On Aug 18, 2022
lol
Re: Opinion: Transforming Abia Into Greatness, Prof Ikonne's Economic Agenda by Bluntguy: 9:34am On Aug 18, 2022
This usurper is going nowhere.
Re: Opinion: Transforming Abia Into Greatness, Prof Ikonne's Economic Agenda by Tunde4nija: 2:41pm On Aug 18, 2022
I was a student in Absu when Prof was our VC, honestly speaking I am glad and happy that men like Prof is showing interest . To me I am sure and certain that Abia State is going to be ranked among the best in Nigeria.
Re: Opinion: Transforming Abia Into Greatness, Prof Ikonne's Economic Agenda by obyrich(m): 3:38pm On Aug 18, 2022
Tunde4nija:
I was a student in Absu when Prof was our VC, honestly speaking I am glad and happy that men like Prof is showing interest . To me I am sure and certain that Abia State is going to be ranked among the best in Nigeria.
Please tell us more about him
Re: Opinion: Transforming Abia Into Greatness, Prof Ikonne's Economic Agenda by kcmichael: 3:53pm On Aug 18, 2022
ndi ara....
Re: Opinion: Transforming Abia Into Greatness, Prof Ikonne's Economic Agenda by mrvitalis(m): 4:00pm On Aug 18, 2022
Tunde4nija:
I'm from IMO but honestly I want the best for abia the state too get potential to waste abeg
Re: Opinion: Transforming Abia Into Greatness, Prof Ikonne's Economic Agenda by Nobody: 4:04pm On Aug 18, 2022
Why didn't prof suggest all these to Ikpeazu?

He is very close to Ikpeazu. Actually Ikpeazu is the one sponsoring his gubernatorial bid as a puppet.

If Ikpeazu is a failure, which majority agrees that he is, then Prof Ikonne would be a colossal failure.

Nothing good can come out of a poisoned brook
Re: Opinion: Transforming Abia Into Greatness, Prof Ikonne's Economic Agenda by Tunde4nija: 4:46pm On Aug 18, 2022
Shayetet13:
Why didn't prof suggest all these to Ikpeazu?

He is very close to Ikpeazu. Actually Ikpeazu is the one sponsoring his gubernatorial bid as a puppet.

If Ikpeazu is a failure, which majority agrees that he is, then Prof Ikonne would be a colossal failure.
Kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

Prof Ikonne can never be a puppet to anybody. My take on his coming out is to give Abia State the much needed value that Abia needs.
I still have good friends in Abia State and we discuss every day on political situation in Abia State. One of them Chima is from Ibeku and he informed me that the reason why some people especially those from Ibeku clan are fighting Prof is because they see him as an upright man who is going to stop the bad leadership oat taking infulence of the Ochendu dynasty.

Nothing good can come out of a poisoned brook
Re: Opinion: Transforming Abia Into Greatness, Prof Ikonne's Economic Agenda by Nobody: 5:13pm On Aug 18, 2022
[quote author=Tunde4nija post=115826693][/quote]

It's obvious that Chima is not telling you the truth.

The Ibeku clan are fighting the governors imposition of his kins man. The governor is Ngwa. Prof Ikonne is also Ngwa.

The Ibeku clan is in Abia central. They themselves don't want it. They actually want it to go to Abia North. Where it all started before coming to Central and to south

Those are not my concern for now. My concern is that Ikpeazu is a failure and if he imposes another person, it would be a disaster.

(1) (Reply)

Facts About 2nd Niger Bridge / Details Of The Meeting Between Tinubu And Wike In London Revealed / Why Ambode Did Not Get A Second Term Ticket – Alake

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.