Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,912 members, 7,821,173 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:17 AM

Femi Gbajabiamila: What Transpired During Obasanjo, Tinubu’s Meeting - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Femi Gbajabiamila: What Transpired During Obasanjo, Tinubu’s Meeting (38904 Views)

Tajudeen Abbas, Benjamin Kalu Visit Obasanjo, Tinubu (Photos) / There Was Never A Time Nigeria Spent $16bn On Our Power Sector During Obasanjo E / Photo Of Buhari, Obasanjo, Tinubu, Osinbajo, El Rufai With Cute Faces (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Femi Gbajabiamila: What Transpired During Obasanjo, Tinubu’s Meeting by ItsTutsi(m): 8:19pm On Aug 18, 2022
Speaker of House of Representatives, Rep.Femi Gbajabiamila, says what transpired during the meeting between former president Olusegun Obasanjo and presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Sen. Bola Tinubu, is assuring of the latter’s victory, come 2023.

Gbajabiamila made the statement on Thursday while speaking at the Surulere Local Government Area (LGA) APC meeting in Surulere, Lagos.

The Speaker, who was present at the closed-door meeting between Obasanjo and Tinubu on Wednesday in Abeokuta, said from what he heard there, Tinubu’s presidency was almost a reality.

He said Obasanjo made encouraging statements about Tinubu’s aspiration and even prayed for the APC presidential candidate.

“When we were going to Obasanjo’s house, we were eight, including Asiwaju Tinubu and me; we didnt want many people to know about the meeting. So, we were to meet Obasanjo and five others from his side.

“But when we eventually got there, we met something pleasantly shocking: a mammoth crowd of our supporters were already at the former president’s house waiting for us.

“So, Obasanjo told Asiwaju Tinubu to pick three people from his side and that he would pick three from his side to meet behind close doors.

“So, I, Chief Osoba and Chief Akande and Asiwaju went from our side. My people, what I heard there, what Obasanjo said, the victory of Asiwaju is assured.

“Obasanjo spoke at length and we were all happy. He embraced our candidate like a brother, gave him a pat on the back, and prayed for him copiously”, he said.

Gbajabiamila said from what analysts and observers had said, the 2023 election was going to be a three-horse race by three main candidates.

He, however, said Sen. Bola Tinubu was the candidate with best record of performance and network.

Gbajabiamila said that he had no doubt Tinubu would win the presidential election.

He urged party faithful at the various wards making up Surulere local government area to work assiduously for the victory of Tinubu and all APC candidates in Surulere in 2023.

“Next year’s election is going to be an important one in our nation, and we all need to make the right decision.

“From all indications, there are three main candidates for the election.We know the records of everyone, we know what they did and what they did not do.

“Two were former governors and we know the one whose records are enduring and we know how the other people performed while in office.

“But one thing is a fact: there is none out of the three candidates that has the records of Tinubu.

“He is the best of them all and I don’t have any doubt in my mind that he would win come 2023”, he said.

Gbajabiamila thanked the people of the local government area for their support for him and for giving the opportunity to serve them.

He said that he considered being elected to serve as an honour, and would continue to redeem his electoral promises to impact lives in the area.

“Everywhere you go in Surulere, it is Gbaja this, Gbaja that. In terms of roads, hospitals, street lights and others, you see our footprints and even fingerprints everywhere........ continue
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/08/what-transpired-during-obasanjo-tinubus-meeting-gbajabiamila/

57 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Femi Gbajabiamila: What Transpired During Obasanjo, Tinubu’s Meeting by Sabonbuharirufa: 8:23pm On Aug 18, 2022
Stop the lies. Nigerians already know the truth. Obasanjo can't support a walking corpse as a Nigerian president. Switch to another strategy. This one has flopped.

340 Likes 30 Shares

Re: Femi Gbajabiamila: What Transpired During Obasanjo, Tinubu’s Meeting by Mynd44: 8:25pm On Aug 18, 2022
Femi has taken over from Aregbesola in the inner circle.

In this life, you come and you go

210 Likes 21 Shares

Re: Femi Gbajabiamila: What Transpired During Obasanjo, Tinubu’s Meeting by tunjijones(m): 8:27pm On Aug 18, 2022
I don't even know who to support in this election.

Tinubu is too old to rule this very complex country and his party even had the audacity to pick a Muslim as a running mate (I know that's the only way they can have a chance). But his past experience and exploits in governance is really speaking for him

For Peter obi, he didn't do much in Anambra (forget all what is supporters are saying online. How wld you return money back to the state account when there are several infrastructures to be built. I think he was clueless on what to use the funds for). But he younger and agile. He is not a saint but he is a lesser thief compared to atiku and tinubu.

For Atiku, I don't even know. He is as much a thief like tinubu but at least he picked a Christian running mate and he has vast experience in governance and has as much international connections as Tinubu.

Kindly advise on who i shd vote for with strong reason. (I have my PVC and I must vote).

FYI, I will not vote a candidate cos of religion or tribe.

101 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Femi Gbajabiamila: What Transpired During Obasanjo, Tinubu’s Meeting by specialmati(m): 8:27pm On Aug 18, 2022
grin grin grin grin no one should allow those old corrupt money bags back in aso rock in 2023. nigeria is a mess by one of them. Don't give them another chance aso rock is not a home for old people

85 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Femi Gbajabiamila: What Transpired During Obasanjo, Tinubu’s Meeting by jaxxy(m): 8:28pm On Aug 18, 2022
it's totally irrelevant. Obasanjo has nit said anything and tinubus urchins are already having another premature frenzy. tinubu urchins Speaking on behalf of baba.

The last thing Obasanjo will do is support Injustice and a desperate one time rival.

Obviously for Obasanjo to say it is Injustice to the south for a Northerner to succeed buhari after 8 years. it is likewise Injustice to Christians and Nigerians at large to have a DOA muslim/muslim ticket.

That is the justice Obasanjo stands for not this charade and incompetent enemies of the people who only care about stealing our patrimony and holding Nigerians to unGodly ransom to satisfy themselves.

Using every Logic possible there is only One Candidate in this race/Elections for a Greater and Better Nigeria and that is Peter Obi/Labour party.

They planned everything to use Obasanjo to catch cruise and claim another fake endorsement.

Godbless a New Nigeria. We Vote Obidatti cool

68 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Femi Gbajabiamila: What Transpired During Obasanjo, Tinubu’s Meeting by Sheuns(m): 8:28pm On Aug 18, 2022
Gbaja admits that this is a 3 horse race. This shows he’s not underestimating anyone, but some supporters are undermining other candidates, calling them twitter candidate. A lesson in life is never to underestimate any opponent in any battle.

99 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Femi Gbajabiamila: What Transpired During Obasanjo, Tinubu’s Meeting by Ahydee777: 8:28pm On Aug 18, 2022
Lamba.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Femi Gbajabiamila: What Transpired During Obasanjo, Tinubu’s Meeting by Runaway: 8:28pm On Aug 18, 2022
Funny county.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Femi Gbajabiamila: What Transpired During Obasanjo, Tinubu’s Meeting by Rebuke: 8:28pm On Aug 18, 2022
APC chai.

Let them keep deceiving themselves sha. Obi is coming 2023 cool

69 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Femi Gbajabiamila: What Transpired During Obasanjo, Tinubu’s Meeting by PHYTECH: 8:28pm On Aug 18, 2022
Ok

All said and Good. I Appeal to all nigerians most especially our hardworking igbo brothers.

sincerely, wherever I see my igbo brothers, I see hardwork and passion for business, and theyre always driven to do the right thing. Reminds me of my secretary, precious. A good and hardworking lady.

But, the Hate of Religious, ethnic and bigotry will take us no where. To remain united as a strong country we need to love eachother beyond ethnicity and religion. As good ad my lovely and beautiful igbo are. The boozing hate is just so bad.

No politician is worth fighting for, we should know this. And not force our opinion and choice of leaders on others, we might be surprised to see otherwise when the leader enters.

May Almighty Allah in his infinite mercy make our country great again and gravy us the best leader.

LOVE you all Naija for life�❤️

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Femi Gbajabiamila: What Transpired During Obasanjo, Tinubu’s Meeting by ugohazyo: 8:28pm On Aug 18, 2022
Very stupid set of people. They will tell u Tinubu transformed Lagos without FG, that Lagos IGF is higher than that of USA, and i ask myself, whats the benefit of that IGF when a common man in Lagos is living a hell of a life ranging from traffic jam, extortion, high cost of living, harassment, some are even living in slum, to mention a few. Yeye unreasonable youths outsmarted by an old desperate man.

67 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Femi Gbajabiamila: What Transpired During Obasanjo, Tinubu’s Meeting by damble: 8:28pm On Aug 18, 2022
Gbaja dey decieve himself

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Femi Gbajabiamila: What Transpired During Obasanjo, Tinubu’s Meeting by KingAzubuike(f): 8:28pm On Aug 18, 2022
Re: Femi Gbajabiamila: What Transpired During Obasanjo, Tinubu’s Meeting by Klington: 8:28pm On Aug 18, 2022
shocked
Re: Femi Gbajabiamila: What Transpired During Obasanjo, Tinubu’s Meeting by mekusmanuel(f): 8:29pm On Aug 18, 2022
All lies

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Femi Gbajabiamila: What Transpired During Obasanjo, Tinubu’s Meeting by OSUigboFlatHead(f): 8:29pm On Aug 18, 2022
Bastard senile senseless old fools

98 Likes 1 Share

Re: Femi Gbajabiamila: What Transpired During Obasanjo, Tinubu’s Meeting by Cholls(m): 8:29pm On Aug 18, 2022
jaxxy:
it's totally irrelevant

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Femi Gbajabiamila: What Transpired During Obasanjo, Tinubu’s Meeting by kennyz247(m): 8:29pm On Aug 18, 2022
who want support baba dead body

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Femi Gbajabiamila: What Transpired During Obasanjo, Tinubu’s Meeting by Obudupikin: 8:29pm On Aug 18, 2022
I do not expect him to say otherwise.

So Kwankwaso no follow for promo grin

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Femi Gbajabiamila: What Transpired During Obasanjo, Tinubu’s Meeting by AcuraZDX: 8:29pm On Aug 18, 2022
Gbaja this Gbaja that.. Typical hyping of a failure

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Femi Gbajabiamila: What Transpired During Obasanjo, Tinubu’s Meeting by kingamaa(m): 8:30pm On Aug 18, 2022
The fact that OBJ can even host BAT is a pointer to Emilokan despite what has happened in the past.

Song don change.

Aso rock no shaking

We move

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Femi Gbajabiamila: What Transpired During Obasanjo, Tinubu’s Meeting by Faber(m): 8:30pm On Aug 18, 2022
grin

I know they will come out and spread lies as usual, lies no dey tire them

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Femi Gbajabiamila: What Transpired During Obasanjo, Tinubu’s Meeting by lexotan(m): 8:30pm On Aug 18, 2022
Hmmm
Re: Femi Gbajabiamila: What Transpired During Obasanjo, Tinubu’s Meeting by Seefinish: 8:30pm On Aug 18, 2022
Liar Muhammad 11

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Femi Gbajabiamila: What Transpired During Obasanjo, Tinubu’s Meeting by LegendHero(m): 8:30pm On Aug 18, 2022
Gbajabiamila now rollin’ with the big men.

For him to be chosen after Baba Akande meant he is slowly placing himself as one of the foremost leaders.

Why did he cut the part where Obasanjo told Asiwaju that “ If you have any assignment for me, give it to me, I'll do it”?

Nice one.
God bless Asiwaju Jagaban.

209 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Femi Gbajabiamila: What Transpired During Obasanjo, Tinubu’s Meeting by mactoni91(m): 8:30pm On Aug 18, 2022
Lol...

Where Peter Obi dn reach since... Na now baba slow motion dey reach.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Femi Gbajabiamila: What Transpired During Obasanjo, Tinubu’s Meeting by Yoruba1stson: 8:30pm On Aug 18, 2022
BAT23 is a done deal

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Femi Gbajabiamila: What Transpired During Obasanjo, Tinubu’s Meeting by Parachoko: 8:31pm On Aug 18, 2022
Asiwaju is a goal

201 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Femi Gbajabiamila: What Transpired During Obasanjo, Tinubu’s Meeting by kenzysmith: 8:31pm On Aug 18, 2022
A
Re: Femi Gbajabiamila: What Transpired During Obasanjo, Tinubu’s Meeting by tete7000(m): 8:31pm On Aug 18, 2022
Na Obasanjo go do all the voting. Sorry Tinubu once called him master rigger, so he expects him to rig the election for him. Àwọn eleribu.

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Buhari/okorocha 2015 Posters Out / AriseTV Town Hall: Fact Checks On Peter Obi's Claims Published / Attacked House Not Mahmood Yakubu's Property - INEC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.