Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,713 members, 7,844,349 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 07:07 PM

The Worst Telecom Networking Firm In Nigeria - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / The Worst Telecom Networking Firm In Nigeria (7945 Views)

See How Much Telecom Tower Operators Spend Daily To Power BTS / Major Oil Firm, MRS, Owes FCMB N6.2bn / How To Setup A Money-Lending Firm In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Worst Telecom Networking Firm In Nigeria by valicious1(m): 7:21am On Aug 08, 2011
MTN is like PDP both are hated by all yet they somehow manage to continually grow massively in supporters and strength.
Re: The Worst Telecom Networking Firm In Nigeria by rman: 7:29am On Aug 08, 2011
MTN is the worst network because they don't give freebies!
HABA people! If that is the defination of worst network then you all don't know what telecomunications is all of about.
The same NCC you all are shouting about knows they have the best network in the country based on QoS(Quality of service) metrics.

The same way we continue to bash  DSTV knowing fully well that they have the best pay tv service in Nigeria with more Nigerian contents.

In a very competitive sector where the power to choose rest solely with the customers, we all think making sentimental statements about one provider will bring them down while they continue  to do the bussines right.

If their competitors do their bussiness right we don't need to open all this thread, they wil naturally be out of bussiness.

We all prefer MTN , what I hear most times when I see all this MTN bashing threads is '' MTN, BRING YOUR PRICE DOWN AND YOU WILL BE CALLED THE BEST NETWORK IN NIGERIA''.

Pricing is all what this basing of MTN is all about not really about service quality. Although, all service providers in the country still have a lot to do about QoS including MTN.

FYI all, you will all soon get your wish. I JUST HOPE WE WILL APPLY THE SAME ZEAL TO PROMOTING MTN WHEN WE GET OUR WISH, the same way we do in bashing them now.
Re: The Worst Telecom Networking Firm In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:37am On Aug 08, 2011
[b]M[/b]obile [b]T[/b]hief of [b]N[/b]igeria
Re: The Worst Telecom Networking Firm In Nigeria by rman: 7:42am On Aug 08, 2011
cyzzy:

mtn should stop livivng in the past. They are not monopoly any more, if they dont wake up soon, they may run out of luck in Nigeria. They are like a giant hole dat sucks up your credit as soon as u make any call. Most people i know use them as answering machine, they started 1minute for every 3 minutes call frm other network, then dumped it, magic number, dumped it. These guys dont even pay their staff as well as other network providers like glo. Shame!!!

You hate MTN so much you even talked about salaries paid to staffs. If you are not employed in the industry then keep shut. Last I checked, MTN still has one of the best if not the best renumeration packages in the industry. Please do a little research before coming on the net to talk about what you don't know
Re: The Worst Telecom Networking Firm In Nigeria by tainot2002(m): 7:52am On Aug 08, 2011
My major concern about them now is that they keep deducting my money unnecessary without calling any number in my contact.I decided not to recharge any longer trying to reach their customer centre is bushiit!
Re: The Worst Telecom Networking Firm In Nigeria by abouzaid: 8:03am On Aug 08, 2011
MTN is almost a monopoly and they will continue to ride us rough as long we are not interested in trying out other networks personally i think we should plan a nation wide switching off of mobile phones for 72hrs to send a message to them
Re: The Worst Telecom Networking Firm In Nigeria by abouzaid: 8:08am On Aug 08, 2011
Calling their customer support is a frustrating exercise, for goodness sake, why wont they employ more people? I personally know guys that would do that job for as little as 20k a month
Re: The Worst Telecom Networking Firm In Nigeria by irekez(m): 8:09am On Aug 08, 2011
For now i prefer etisalat for their magnanimity but they are often without network
Re: The Worst Telecom Networking Firm In Nigeria by Bawss1(m): 8:35am On Aug 08, 2011
rman:

MTN is the worst network because they don't give freebies!
HABA people! If that is the defination of worst network then you all don't know what telecomunications is all of about.
The same NCC you all are shouting about knows they have the best network in the country based on QoS(Quality of service) metrics.

The same way we continue to bash  DSTV knowing fully well that they have the best pay tv service in Nigeria with more Nigerian contents.

In a very competitive sector where the power to choose rest solely with the customers, we all think making sentimental statements about one provider will bring them down while they continue  to do the bussines right.

If their competitors do their bussiness right we don't need to open all this thread, they wil naturally be out of bussiness.

We all prefer MTN , what I hear most times when I see all this MTN bashing threads is '' MTN, BRING YOUR PRICE DOWN AND YOU WILL BE CALLED THE BEST NETWORK IN NIGERIA''.

Pricing is all what this basing of MTN is all about not really about service quality. Although, all service providers in the country still have a lot to do about QoS including MTN.

FYI all, you will all soon get your wish. I JUST HOPE WE WILL APPLY THE SAME ZEAL TO PROMOTING MTN WHEN WE GET OUR WISH, the same way we do in bashing them now.

Couldn't have said it better. All goes to show the level of reasoning many NLanders display these days.
Re: The Worst Telecom Networking Firm In Nigeria by DoubleN(m): 8:40am On Aug 08, 2011
MTN and AIRTEL! Equally useless.
Re: The Worst Telecom Networking Firm In Nigeria by oracular: 8:46am On Aug 08, 2011
mtn
Re: The Worst Telecom Networking Firm In Nigeria by Kechukwu: 9:03am On Aug 08, 2011
I started using my BB and airtel gave 1 month free trial subscription. MTN can never do tht, airtel gives me 20 free sms monthly and MTN gives me notting. I can recharge 100 with my airtel and i will feel free to call any national network for 7mins bt with MTN i can only call MTN numbers for 30/min and other network for 35/min. Use ur tongue count ur teeth.

I only use my MTN number to receive calls and use my airtel and etisalat to make call and enjoy the freedom to do any how. MTN is 10 today jst passed the head office at Golden Plaza ikoyi and no simple reward for their customers.

MTN/DSTV is ripping us off compared to their services in other country.
Re: The Worst Telecom Networking Firm In Nigeria by Boller: 9:16am On Aug 08, 2011
Different people wiv different opinion, if you find MTN good for you continue using it as for me MTN is not customer friendly and that make them worst as mentioned by poster. Some said they are the best on BB as if he has use Glo. I travel wiv my Glo BB am always on. Pole can bear me withness. For now I use Airtel to make call use Glo for BB MTN for those who want call me on MTN.
Re: The Worst Telecom Networking Firm In Nigeria by honeric01(m): 9:18am On Aug 08, 2011
MTN stopped their useless magic number just after one month.

Now i use airtel, i call one number @ 10kobo per second peak period and 1kbobo per second off peak.

I get 60 free sms to and fro this one number

Airtel gives you 100MB for just N75 internet, if you subscribe 10 times, you get 1GB for 10 days for just N900 for 1GB for 10 days, then add another N435 for 300MB for 1 week, you get 17 days internet with 1.3GB internet for just less than 1,400.

Make hay guys, better than wasting your N6,000 on MTN 3GB for 1 month.
Re: The Worst Telecom Networking Firm In Nigeria by Emmy3(m): 9:21am On Aug 08, 2011

In terms of  making calls with less noise, the best to the least are;

Glo
MTN
Airtel
Etisalat

CALL COST-WISE, the best to the least are;

MTN
Etisalat
Glo
Airtel

BROWSING SPEED RATING

Airtel
MTN
Glo
Etisalat

FREEBIES RATING

Etisalat
Glo
Airtel
MTN

CALL-CONNECTING SPEED RATING

MTN
Airtel
Glo
Etisalat
. . . . . .

dispute any rating

MTN is still my Fav
Re: The Worst Telecom Networking Firm In Nigeria by DonJP: 9:26am On Aug 08, 2011
I have taken my time to go through all the posts on this by different Nairalanders on the above issue and I have come to the conclusion that MTN Nigeria Communications Limited is the best network in Nigeria in terms of Network quality, coverage and offers best in class service. However, so many nairalanders have equated these metrix to pricing.

Many of them talk ill about MTN because of their tariff and not necessarily because of their network quality.

Invaribly, what it means is that the other networks, glo, etisalat, airtel do not have what it takes to match MTN in terms of quality of network, coverage and service delivery and have resorted to cheapening their tariff. In real terms, however, you pay more when you compare the down times of the other networks and other hidden charges.

I have decided to stick to MTN because they know what they are doing.
Re: The Worst Telecom Networking Firm In Nigeria by rman: 9:37am On Aug 08, 2011
DonJP:

I have taken my time to go through all the posts on this by different Nairalanders on the above issue and I have come to the conclusion that MTN Nigeria Communications Limited is the best network in Nigeria in terms of Network quality, coverage and offers best in class service. However, so many nairalanders have equated these metrix to pricing.

Many of them talk ill about MTN because of their tariff and not necessarily because of their network quality.

Invaribly, what it means is that the other networks, glo, etisalat, airtel do not have what it takes to match MTN in terms of quality of network, coverage and service delivery and have resorted to cheapening their tariff. In real terms, however, you pay more when you compare the down times of the other networks and other hidden charges.

Intelligent observation that should be simple to arrive at if not for SENTIMENTS that majority of Nigerians are full off
Re: The Worst Telecom Networking Firm In Nigeria by Igosun: 9:56am On Aug 08, 2011
MTN all the way.
Re: The Worst Telecom Networking Firm In Nigeria by Reference(m): 10:06am On Aug 08, 2011
DonJP:

I have taken my time to go through all the posts on this by different Nairalanders on the above issue and I have come to the conclusion that MTN Nigeria Communications Limited is the best network in Nigeria in terms of Network quality, coverage and offers best in class service.  However, so many nairalanders have equated these metrix to pricing.

Invaribly, what it means is that the other networks, glo, etisalat, airtel do not have what it takes to match MTN in terms of quality of network, coverage and service delivery and have resorted to cheapening their tariff.  In real terms, however, you pay more when you compare the down times of the other networks and other hidden charges.

Well if you feel the economic conditions of most Nigerians viz the choice of their platforms is not worth a consideration then you have something big coming your way. China is not gaining ground on the United States for nothing but cheaper delivery of everything even when the quality is sometimes questionable. It is far easier to grow from a poor quality base than to come down in price from a high quality one. Check history my friend. European and American goods were once highly sought after. What has happened to them today.

If MTN does not see the continuous deterioration of the Nigerian economy and the purchasing power of most Nigerians it will very quickly become elitist and go the way of most of such economies whether they are countries, banks, airlines, consumer goods makers et. al. Its only a matter of time. But I'm sure those on their high horses won't see that. Believe me the Airtel/Indian model is a real threat. They've done in the software industry in the States. What is MTN to them.
Re: The Worst Telecom Networking Firm In Nigeria by medjai(m): 10:10am On Aug 08, 2011
MTN are simply useless. Thieving S.O.B's. Their BB service is the worst.
Re: The Worst Telecom Networking Firm In Nigeria by N101: 10:36am On Aug 08, 2011
DonJoey: Airtel was upgrading their system and they even sent a notification message to their subscribers, I believe in time airtel wil improve, They are already giving MTN and others tough competition. Anything airtel starts, MTN wil want to immitate,  Airtel has good customer service and cheap call rates, good internet data bundle plans,

Are we talking about the same Airtel that:

[list]
[li] chopped my credit even though I had a data bundle, then turned around and told me it was my fault claiming I had a BlackBerry and always left it on (I didn't and don't) but didn't refund me even when they acknowledged it was their fault?[/li]

[li]in my neighbourhood ceases to work so you can't make a phone call or get through to anyone on the same network?[/li]

[li]when you call Customer Service about a faulty top-up card they promise to get back to you but don't?[/li]

[li]for about almost a month had a non-functioning Customer Service line, not to mention an email contact address that doesn't work?[/li]

[/list]

Those are just a few. We obviously must be using very different Airtels.
Re: The Worst Telecom Networking Firm In Nigeria by emmatok(m): 10:41am On Aug 08, 2011
I think most peeps commenting here are not living in Nigeria.

How will you say MTN is The Worst Telecom Networking Firm In Nigeria.

When we have the likes of, Multilinks, Starcomm, and other CDMA operators.
Re: The Worst Telecom Networking Firm In Nigeria by DonJP: 11:06am On Aug 08, 2011
Igosun:

MTN all the way.

Can you hear yourself?
Re: The Worst Telecom Networking Firm In Nigeria by harri1: 11:19am On Aug 08, 2011
I strongly agree that mtn is the worst network though everybody with his or own opinion,mtn is really eating us without considering the customers in any way compaired to other networks thing are changing and i expect dey change along too,yes dey are not the only network in nigeria what about the people that are not that boyant they should just quit?what a market strategy,i see they have made alot money and they no longer care about the people they serving and some people are praising them for their higher tarriff becos they have so much money and they don't no what to do with it and all they think of is to trow it off just like dat,we fogottin smething dat we are one nigerians and we have to be sincer to our self, that mtn is too expensive to stay in nigeria ,i think the minister of comminication should to them to order, nd we have to be sincer to our self, that mtn is too expensive to stay in nigeria ,i think the minister of comminication should to them to order,
Re: The Worst Telecom Networking Firm In Nigeria by saintohia: 11:26am On Aug 08, 2011
MTN is the worst telecom network in Nigeria. The most annoying thing is that they've too many ways of cheating Nigerians while our DUMMY NCC sits & watch them rip us off.
Re: The Worst Telecom Networking Firm In Nigeria by Exponental(m): 11:28am On Aug 08, 2011
Mtn ds, mtn dat all cos of freebies, well freebies make sense sha. There tariff also need to be workd upon. I think dy are d worst amongs gsm cos d rate dy lose customers is high cos of frebies n losing a customer is losing 10 as said.
Re: The Worst Telecom Networking Firm In Nigeria by tollu: 11:38am On Aug 08, 2011
Re: The Worst Telecom Networking Firm In Nigeria by kpolli(m): 11:44am On Aug 08, 2011
y use mtn n still complain?
Re: The Worst Telecom Networking Firm In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:56am On Aug 08, 2011
I've been an active subscriber of the mtn monthly data bundle since february dis year. Wen i activated that of this month i got a message from 131 that the next bundle is free. Dunno d meaning of that. Does it mean wen this one expires, i'd get d next bundle free? I've neva known mtn with freebies, and i somehw suspect dis. I saved d message though.
Gotta hv some evidence incase it tutns out 2 be a hoax at d end of this month. Can someone pls validate this? Thanks
Re: The Worst Telecom Networking Firm In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:59am On Aug 08, 2011
I've been an active subscriber of the mtn monthly data bundle since february dis year. Wen i activated that of this month i got a message from 131 that the next bundle is free. Dunno d meaning of that. Does it mean wen this one expires, i'd get d next bundle free? I've neva known mtn with freebies, and i somehw suspect dis. I saved d message though.
Gotta hv some evidence incase it tutns out 2 be a hoax at d end of this month. Can someone pls validate this? Thanks
Re: The Worst Telecom Networking Firm In Nigeria by jokingmary(m): 12:00pm On Aug 08, 2011
MTN and multilinks angry angry angry
Re: The Worst Telecom Networking Firm In Nigeria by daguru(m): 12:09pm On Aug 08, 2011
MTN sucks. Registered my sim last month and got a confirmation of registration sms from them. Discovered this morning that i cant call, recharge, browse or send sms. Their network keeps saying i cant use any of their services until i register my sim. I wish i had the time to go vent at one of their customer service centers.

MTN you better change. Any business model that isn't customer centric is bound to crumble.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Price Action Forex Signals / How do I Start Importing Gold Chain And Selling In Nigeira. / 50 Hole Candle Moulds For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.