Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,803 members, 7,844,608 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 01:13 AM

The Worst Telecom Networking Firm In Nigeria - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / The Worst Telecom Networking Firm In Nigeria (7946 Views)

See How Much Telecom Tower Operators Spend Daily To Power BTS / Major Oil Firm, MRS, Owes FCMB N6.2bn / How To Setup A Money-Lending Firm In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Worst Telecom Networking Firm In Nigeria by nnacent(m): 12:11pm On Aug 08, 2011
some supporters of mtn think that people stick to the network because of the quality of their service. It might interest u to know that the major reason is because they came first and its not easy to change number especially for the elites who have much buisness contacts with their 'old' mtn lines. meanwhile trust me, if they dont change, soon all will shout in unison "To hell with my mtn 'old' number".
Re: The Worst Telecom Networking Firm In Nigeria by rman: 12:16pm On Aug 08, 2011
FOR ALL THE MTN HATERS THAT WANT CHEAPER CALLS, THE NEW RATE IS NOW 17K/S
Re: The Worst Telecom Networking Firm In Nigeria by Emmy3(m): 12:32pm On Aug 08, 2011
Enjoy MTN Xpanded.

register 10 mtn family & friends numbers + 1 other network number and one international number
@ 17k per second
Re: The Worst Telecom Networking Firm In Nigeria by rman: 12:33pm On Aug 08, 2011
rman:

10 naira per minute! Let the price war begin!
Re: The Worst Telecom Networking Firm In Nigeria by murecool(m): 12:42pm On Aug 08, 2011
as for me, all the networks have their advantages and disadvantages. for affordable calls,i use glo. for free browsing both on phone and and c, i use mtn.
Re: The Worst Telecom Networking Firm In Nigeria by NumberOne2(m): 12:51pm On Aug 08, 2011
Its funny that according to NCC, MTN is still the biggest network in Nigeria. The way I see it, a lot of folks aren't happy with MTN but for what ever reason, THEY STILL PATRONIZE THEM. Too much lip service,
If you don't like them, buy a new sim from another network, its about 250 bucks at the most.
Re: The Worst Telecom Networking Firm In Nigeria by Sike(m): 12:58pm On Aug 08, 2011
MTN- Badt Network!
Re: The Worst Telecom Networking Firm In Nigeria by stanlotion(m): 1:12pm On Aug 08, 2011
Mtn family and friends expanded for 17k per sec. for 10 mtn numbers ? Whats d big deal here when i can call all number, all network 4 just 25k per sec on etisalat. Bleep mtn. This is just d begining of ur downfall in naija. When mtn came, there were charging us per minute if not 4 glo dat came to save us. Eno go better 4 mtn. Greed! Greed!! Greed!!!
Re: The Worst Telecom Networking Firm In Nigeria by cj1080(m): 1:13pm On Aug 08, 2011
Ah Mtn bashing, such a good sign that nigerians won't stand for people toying with their intelligence.
I own an mtn sims, its should be some where in house. But i'll only make the effort to look for it when they come up with a tariff plan thats in line with wat glo and airtel are doing.
Annoyingly its seems their promos only carter to their lines.(10 f&f and 1 other network number,lads seriously 1 other network number, how dumb is that.)
Now i won't hate, but i'll say MTN u need to up ur game else ur sims might just turning to answering machine or worst or worst (u've reached to voicemail service of 0803).
P.s why do i get the feeling some in mtn main is using this as a review of the performance or something.(can only hope so)
Re: The Worst Telecom Networking Firm In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:08pm On Aug 08, 2011
Pls can someone explain in details these new plans? Am very interested in the supersaver.
Re: The Worst Telecom Networking Firm In Nigeria by obongtunji: 2:32pm On Aug 08, 2011
Since the day i started using Etisalat, i have never regreted using the network. It connect at one dial, no drop call, free sms, voice clearity, charges the same rate to other netwok, free mms, free 15mb weekly, friendly customer care line, no dubious promo, e.t.ccccccccccccccccc, Mtn everything is zerooooooooooo
Re: The Worst Telecom Networking Firm In Nigeria by Fadipeshet(m): 2:35pm On Aug 08, 2011
MTN .

They have all the benefits of being first, but they are NOT giving back to their subscribers like pioneer should.

This is not to say all the other operators are better of.

GLO is the best because they dymistified what MTN said was not possible at that time(Per second billing).
Re: The Worst Telecom Networking Firm In Nigeria by 2tek: 2:52pm On Aug 08, 2011
we complain abt MTN nd DSTV yet dis guys kip making massive profits nd their subscriber base kip increasing by d day, 0803,0806,0703,0706,0813,0816,0810.each numba range holds 10million subscribers.To me, MTN is like coca cola, it may not b d cheapest but more pple go 4 it. Migrate 2 Talk-on nd make cheaper calls @ 25kobo/sec after d 1st minute @ 50kobo/sec.Their service in my area is SUPERB nd RELIABLE unlike d one offered by zain,i mean econet,sorry it's v-mobile,oh i'm talking abt celtel, pardon me i now remember -airtel.
Re: The Worst Telecom Networking Firm In Nigeria by bossinie: 2:57pm On Aug 08, 2011
rman:

Makes no difference,they are still the worst, [b]M[/b]ental[b] T[/b]orture on [b]N[/b]igerians!
Re: The Worst Telecom Networking Firm In Nigeria by bossinie: 3:07pm On Aug 08, 2011
Em-my:

Enjoy MTN Xpanded.

register 10 mtn family & friends numbers + 1 other network number and one international number
@ 17k per second
I wonder how much you are paid for these ads. hope it is enough to pay your transport around town otherwise i will not be surprised to see you leading a peaceful demonstration against their management over unpaid benefits. wink Better be truthful to your conscience today before carrying placards tomorrow.
Re: The Worst Telecom Networking Firm In Nigeria by dammytex: 3:15pm On Aug 08, 2011
Na wa o. MTN don suffer for here.
In Telecom business, MTN is the best and biggest in Nigeria. They have more sites and coverage than anyone else in Nigeria. They invest much more than their competitors and should in turn generate more profit than others.
They have a strategy not to compromise quality with substandard service while looking for freebies to compensate. That's the same reason many strong brands are still more expensive that their competitors while having the lion share.

So, what happens to winners week-in, week-out on "Who wants to be a millionaire" and other concurrent promos.
What can you also say about Project Fame.
This is how the big players in the industry play games. Trust me, If Airtel has about 40 million subs, they will perform worst in terms of freebies.

Finally, I wonder if you ever realise that the only reason why MTN is like this is because of you and I. We keep buying more and more SIMs, recharge cards, BBs etc. When our cousins come home from abroad, we give them MTN. When we travel to villages, we buy our kinsmen MTN. So, why are we still complaining.

In case you're wondering; I use Glo.
Re: The Worst Telecom Networking Firm In Nigeria by 2tek: 3:22pm On Aug 08, 2011
for those looking 4 free sms/bonus, u can buy their BUNDLE. HAPPY BUNDLE @ #400/30days(send HAPPY to 131),get 1,320 on-net seconds nd 30 sms. FUN BUNDLE @ #1500/30DAYS(send FUN to 131),get 3,200 on-net seconds nd 200 sms. SMART BUNDLE @ #6000/30days(send SMART to 131),get 15,000 national(u can use dis 2 call other networks too) nd 250 national sms(also send sms to other networks too).
Re: The Worst Telecom Networking Firm In Nigeria by eros(m): 4:13pm On Aug 08, 2011
MTN, MTN, MTN.
Re: The Worst Telecom Networking Firm In Nigeria by adeadegoke(m): 4:38pm On Aug 08, 2011
So far so good for blackberry service for Airtel and Mtn is ok, But etisalat is rubbish especially for their blackberry service activation, after loading and sending the text for activation, they will not activate the account even after they have deducted from your account, until like 3days for the service to expire, after that 3 or 2days they will terminate the service, they are just a bunch of rip-offs, angry
Re: The Worst Telecom Networking Firm In Nigeria by sheriffman(m): 5:01pm On Aug 08, 2011
@ Honerico please can u give me the code to migrate to dat 10k package on Airtel?
Re: The Worst Telecom Networking Firm In Nigeria by kholis(m): 5:12pm On Aug 08, 2011
It is very obvious. MTN is like PDP. Nothing good can come out of it.
Re: The Worst Telecom Networking Firm In Nigeria by 2tek: 5:26pm On Aug 08, 2011
While typing, i decided 2 visit MTN website nd just discovered they hv launched new tariff plans. let d prize war continue.laughing in swahili.

The MTN Super Saver plan is a NEW prepaid plan that offers you cheaper calls the longer you talk. Make calls to MTN numbers for as low as 17 kobo per second and other local networks for as low as 25 kobo per second.
You will also enjoy calls at 20 kobo per second to UK landline, China, US and Canada.
No access fees and no hidden charges on this plan.
To join the MTN Super Saver plan, simply send a text with 408 to 131 or dial *408# from your phone.

MTN FunLink Reloaded is a NEW prepaid plan that allows you make calls to MTN numbers for as low as 17 kobo per second while you enjoy freebies such as 40 free SMS to MTN numbers and 3 MB of data every day.

To join the MTN FunLink Reloaded plan, simply send a text with 406 to 131 or dial *406# from your phone.

A daily access fee charge of N25 is charged on this plan. Your daily access fee will be deducted from your account balance at midnight of each new day or whenever you recharge your account during the day. For new customers to the MTN FunLink Reloaded plan, access fee for that day will be charged immediately they join this plan.
Re: The Worst Telecom Networking Firm In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:27pm On Aug 08, 2011
0810,0810,MTN don come again,0810,
We start with 0803,0806,0703,0706,0813,0816,noww nko
na 0810,0810,0810,,,,,,,still counting,,,,
keep complaining, keep recharging, MTN keeps expanding,

I have 2 glo lines, 1 etisalat, 1 airtel(since 2002), I HAVE NEVA USED MTN. I just dont like dem because dey are really riding on our ignorance. they give u the best adverts, i also like their marketing strategy, it really works on our dear ignoramus citizens.
Re: The Worst Telecom Networking Firm In Nigeria by zains: 8:43pm On Aug 08, 2011
MTN. Empty N. Need i say more?
Re: The Worst Telecom Networking Firm In Nigeria by Funkymallam(m): 11:06pm On Aug 08, 2011
I can see some mtn agenrs here, such as rman and 2tek. Tell the people the truth about the family and frnds new tarrifs. The family and frnds reloaded, u r allowed to register 8 mtn numbers to call at 17k/s and 1 oda ntwrk and 1 international number @ 20k/s.
Mtn still sucks
Re: The Worst Telecom Networking Firm In Nigeria by chuxyn: 11:38pm On Aug 08, 2011
every nigerian customer hates MTN, but they can't live because their world already know them with the mtn numbers, so people are stuck in dissatisfaction.
Re: The Worst Telecom Networking Firm In Nigeria by bygtymrdmr: 11:45pm On Aug 08, 2011
mtn worst customer friendly telecomminication company in Nigeria.after all, they've made their gain. angry angry angry
Re: The Worst Telecom Networking Firm In Nigeria by mkmyers45(m): 12:06pm On Aug 09, 2011
if una dey beef MTN leave them and they cant do anything, customer base is their strength but anyway which of the networks is fantast[s][/s]ic gud self
Re: The Worst Telecom Networking Firm In Nigeria by bygtymrdmr: 3:05pm On Aug 09, 2011
@mknyer. its not lik other network services r best, but they r better thn mtn.mtn as pace setter shld by now ought to v reduced their tariff, am sure others ll follow.
Re: The Worst Telecom Networking Firm In Nigeria by Ask4delaw(m): 8:47pm On Aug 09, 2011
the hatred i av for MTN only God can remove it from my heart angry. they are too selfish.for me ETISALAT is my no 1 then Airtel.i only use my mtn to receive calls cuz is my major sim that people know me wit,for calls i use my etisalat kiss in the office mon-fri then use airtel wink weekends
Re: The Worst Telecom Networking Firm In Nigeria by Ask4delaw(m): 8:50pm On Aug 09, 2011
to rman that 17k/s is not to all network read the advert very well
Re: The Worst Telecom Networking Firm In Nigeria by Ask4delaw(m): 8:57pm On Aug 09, 2011
nnacent u ar very very correct

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

50 Hole Candle Moulds For Sale / How do I Start Importing Gold Chain And Selling In Nigeira. / A Simple Step By Step On How To Make Over #10,000 Daily

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.