Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,529 members, 7,826,981 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 02:19 AM

The Worst Telecom Networking Firm In Nigeria - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / The Worst Telecom Networking Firm In Nigeria (7937 Views)

See How Much Telecom Tower Operators Spend Daily To Power BTS / Major Oil Firm, MRS, Owes FCMB N6.2bn / How To Setup A Money-Lending Firm In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Worst Telecom Networking Firm In Nigeria by DieOne(f): 7:05am On Aug 06, 2011
Goodday nairalanders, pls and pls , this is no advert but just opinion poll oriented.
In my view , i think MTN is the worst network in naija right now. You wil agree with me that other networks have ways of appreciating their customers through free sms,free mms, lesser tarrifs, better packages except for MTN. What's your opinion? Which is the worst nd why?
Re: The Worst Telecom Networking Firm In Nigeria by onoerime: 4:20pm On Aug 06, 2011
i support you
Re: The Worst Telecom Networking Firm In Nigeria by tollu: 4:33pm On Aug 06, 2011
All this MTN bashing, Jesus! you guys should give it a rest.
If you aren't satisfied go get on another network, last I checked we have Airtel, Glo & Etisalat not to mention the CDMA's
Re: The Worst Telecom Networking Firm In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:38pm On Aug 06, 2011
abi o.
Re: The Worst Telecom Networking Firm In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:03pm On Aug 07, 2011
MULTILINKS! Anyone? undecided
Re: The Worst Telecom Networking Firm In Nigeria by adexchamp(m): 12:04am On Aug 08, 2011
I had a worst experience from Airtel last 3 weeks and i believe they are the worst in Nigeria
Re: The Worst Telecom Networking Firm In Nigeria by Kslib(m): 12:17am On Aug 08, 2011
mtn~every where u go they do good.apart frm naija i think!
Re: The Worst Telecom Networking Firm In Nigeria by dammytex: 12:21am On Aug 08, 2011
Imagine;
MTN is the worst network because they don't give free sms?
I hail thee
Re: The Worst Telecom Networking Firm In Nigeria by MBG4Real(m): 12:22am On Aug 08, 2011
MTN is the worst I guess. I am yet to understand them. They started the "Magic Number" stuff which was laudable. They scraped it.  They say their tariff is 20k per second from the very first second but that is a lie. It is a generalized statement.  

They have  that only in their family and friends package. Every other package attracts a cut-throat cost. One is N50 per second for the very first second. Why are they deceiving us with 20k per second.

I think MTN is ridding on our intelligence.
Re: The Worst Telecom Networking Firm In Nigeria by DonJoey(m): 12:22am On Aug 08, 2011
adexchamp:

I had a worst experience from Airtel last 3 weeks and i believe they are the worst in Nigeria
Airtel was upgrading their system and they even sent a notification message to their subscribers, I believe in time airtel wil improve, They are already giving MTN and others tough competition. Anything airtel starts, MTN wil want to immitate, Airtel has good customer service and cheap call rates, good internet data bundle plans,
Re: The Worst Telecom Networking Firm In Nigeria by t12tosin: 12:24am On Aug 08, 2011
Do we av an active consumers forum in this country to deal wif these kind of isues? sad sad sad
At present, MTN is just the service provider that extorts its customers, even upon say person dey family and friends, talk less of calling the same network. Then what do we now say when one wants to call another service provider/network?
Re: The Worst Telecom Networking Firm In Nigeria by coolcash4l(m): 12:27am On Aug 08, 2011
MTN no good for nothing, cool browsing = zero, paid browsing = zero, free browsing = 0, every thing, I think we need to push them out and concentrate on our own Globacummmm or Zainab or even Etibaba, for now.

Kslib:

mtn~every where u go they do good.apart frm naija i think!
Re: The Worst Telecom Networking Firm In Nigeria by RickyRoss1(m): 12:27am On Aug 08, 2011
MTN is a big fraud, they just dont give a phuck about their customers, all they want is to make billions of naira in profit every month just like their brother DSTV. All South African companies are the same. I only patronize Nigerian companies, so i stick with GLO, the service is good, at the moment i have thousands of naira worth of free credit on my glo line. I use my Glo to make international calls and extremely cheap rates. when am out of the country for even 9 months when i come back i switch on my Glo sim and it still works, unlike MTN that will disconnect your line if you fail to recharge after 3 months.

By patronizing Nigerian companies I make sure our companies grow bigger, employ more people, expand to other lands. I use Glo insteand of MTN, I use HITV & CTL instead of DSTV, i bank with Zenith instead of Stanbic. Learn to appreciate what you have. I wonder why most people complain about MTN and still use the network? Pls dump your MTN if the network is not good enough for you. HOW CAN YOU USE A NETWORK THAT CANT EVEN GIVE YOU FREE CREDITS, NOT EVEN FREE SMS? I HATE STINGY/GREEDY PEOPLE/COMPANIES
Re: The Worst Telecom Networking Firm In Nigeria by toluxa1(m): 12:42am On Aug 08, 2011
MTN is not only the worst, but the worstest. I cant even figure out one thing dey do right now that beats other telecom guys. I dnt remember the last time I recharged sef. Its GLO and airtel all the way. GLO just launched their 3G in Minna and its really great, while Money Thiefing Network is sooo wack
Re: The Worst Telecom Networking Firm In Nigeria by opeyemiaby: 12:43am On Aug 08, 2011
i know dat some one with a good rigth sense of mind would post here,u are absolutely correct my guy.can u imagine there is simply no benefit for using mtn netwirk at all,their call rate is the worst,no simple free stuf,wat i know is dat very soon God of boko aram will visit them.and this useless dstv can u imagine them too increasing their monthly subscription with nonsense thing they show on tv,i can lie i use mtn myself but that was the greatest mistake av ever made in my life.
Re: The Worst Telecom Networking Firm In Nigeria by t12tosin: 12:44am On Aug 08, 2011
MTN is a big fraud, they just dont give a phuck about their customers, all they want is to make billions of naira in profit every month just like their brother DSTV. All South African companies are the same. I only patronize Nigerian companies, so i stick with GLO, the service is good, at the moment i have thousands of naira worth of free credit on my glo line. I use my Glo to make international calls and extremely cheap rates. when am out of the country for even 9 months when i come back i switch on my Glo sim and it still works, unlike MTN that will disconnect your line if you fail to recharge after 3 months.

By patronizing Nigerian companies I make sure our companies grow bigger, employ more people, expand to other lands. I use Glo insteand of MTN, I use HITV & CTL instead of DSTV, i bank with Zenith instead of Stanbic. Learn to appreciate what you have. I wonder why most people complain about MTN and still use the network? Pls dump your MTN if the network is not good enough for you. HOW CAN YOU USE A NETWORK THAT CANT EVEN GIVE YOU FREE CREDITS, NOT EVEN FREE SMS? I HATE STINGY/GREEDY PEOPLE/COMPANIES
My guy, pls no vex na, eventhough na tru talk u yarn.
Me sef don vow say i no go give any food to my MTN SIM, while my GLO, Etisalat will be feeding fat. tongue tongue tongue
Re: The Worst Telecom Networking Firm In Nigeria by aukasa: 1:12am On Aug 08, 2011
The National communications commission (NCC) should compel these telecom companies to introduce number porting its done in other countries. You can move from one network to another without changing your number. In another word you continue to use the same sim card regardless of this change so you don't need to worry about loosing your contacts due to this change.
Re: The Worst Telecom Networking Firm In Nigeria by femmy2010(m): 1:16am On Aug 08, 2011
No freebies - MTN
Re: The Worst Telecom Networking Firm In Nigeria by bighead1(m): 1:39am On Aug 08, 2011
as far as i am concerned mtn is far far better than the rest in terms of delivery, nut all of these freebies stuffs that u guys are talking about is what i know mtn does not give.,
Re: The Worst Telecom Networking Firm In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:48am On Aug 08, 2011
is it by force to use MTN?
get another sim please.the alternatives are also there.i have 3 sims(Airtel, Etisalat and MTN).i only load my eti sim.i use mtn for free browsing to visit fb, nl, etc tongue
Re: The Worst Telecom Networking Firm In Nigeria by cyzzy: 1:58am On Aug 08, 2011
mtn should stop livivng in the past. They are not monopoly any more, if they dont wake up soon, they may run out of luck in Nigeria. They are like a giant hole dat sucks up ur credit as soon as u make any call. Most people i know use them as answering machine, they started 1minute for every 3 minutes call frm other network, then dumped it, magic number, dumped it. These guys dont even pay their staff as well as other network providers like glo. Shame!!!
Re: The Worst Telecom Networking Firm In Nigeria by AlabaSlim: 2:07am On Aug 08, 2011
@caretommy teach mi how 2 browse free wit d mtn abeg
alabaslim@yahoo.com
tankz
Re: The Worst Telecom Networking Firm In Nigeria by bxg(m): 2:22am On Aug 08, 2011
I still feel mtn has d best blackberry service nd coverage sha undecided undecided might be wrong doe
Re: The Worst Telecom Networking Firm In Nigeria by EvilBrain1(m): 2:29am On Aug 08, 2011
aukasa:

The National communications commission (NCC) should compel these telecom companies to introduce number porting its done in other countries. You can move from one network to another without changing your number. In another word you continue to use the same sim card regardless of this change so you don't need to worry about loosing your contacts due to this change.

Why would the NCC do number portability when they can push their rubbish SIM card registration agneda. Number portability may be useful to the average Nigerian but it doesn't help the big men in Abuja pad their bank accounts so it'll probably never get done.

On the other hand, with SIM card registration, they can both award huge contracts and help uncle GEJ spy on political opponents and the genaral public. 2 birds with one stone.

As far as I'm concerned, all the networks are rubbish for not opposing that fascist bullshiat policy. There's no way I'm giving the PDP my photo, address, phone number and fingerprints. When they block my SIM, I'll just buy another one from the black market.

Fûck the federal government!
Re: The Worst Telecom Networking Firm In Nigeria by Mobinga: 2:45am On Aug 08, 2011
Don't blame MTN, blame the corrupt officials at NCC.
Re: The Worst Telecom Networking Firm In Nigeria by otokx(m): 3:13am On Aug 08, 2011
just subscribed for mobile browsing for a month and its off and on, more off, MTN shame.
Re: The Worst Telecom Networking Firm In Nigeria by VUVUZELA10: 3:49am On Aug 08, 2011
MTN is number one in the show of shame.
Re: The Worst Telecom Networking Firm In Nigeria by lordspiritual(m): 3:51am On Aug 08, 2011
MBG4Real:

They have  that only in their family and friends package. Every other package attracts a cut-throat cost.<b> One is N50 per second</b> for the very first second. Why are they deceiving us with 20k per second.
if that is true then mtn should soon run out of business.
Re: The Worst Telecom Networking Firm In Nigeria by ChScott(m): 3:56am On Aug 08, 2011
Naija network can't provide an efficient blackberry service now. Mtn is the worst
Re: The Worst Telecom Networking Firm In Nigeria by pek(m): 5:30am On Aug 08, 2011
Announcing the winner of the worst network in nigeria: second runner up is MTN. The first runner up is MTN and the winner is MTN.
Re: The Worst Telecom Networking Firm In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:29am On Aug 08, 2011
do you guys know Etisalat sends spam SMS?
i get close to 30 SMS daily advertising the same thing, sender:Etisalat
Re: The Worst Telecom Networking Firm In Nigeria by aieromon(m): 7:06am On Aug 08, 2011
We dislike MTN so much yet the operator keeps recording massive profits and increase in its subscriber base.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

CBN Extends BVN Registration For Armed Forces / NNU Income Program Review From Experience - The Good And Bad / How To Fund Paypal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.