Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,375 members, 7,850,353 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 07:22 PM

Illegal Gathering: Rivers State Seals Hotel, Others, Scores Arrested - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Illegal Gathering: Rivers State Seals Hotel, Others, Scores Arrested (2535 Views)

Scores Arrested In Iran Over Fatal Ukrainian Plane Crash / Noise Pollution: Lagos State Seals 8 Mosques And Churches / Kabaka’s Hotel, Others Will Be Demolished - Obaseki Vows (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Illegal Gathering: Rivers State Seals Hotel, Others, Scores Arrested by Lurdmax10: 1:12pm On Aug 19, 2022
combined team of security operatives during the early hours of Friday sealed a hotel, bar and a filling station in Port Harcourt, while some people, including staff of the facilities were arrested.

The facilities sealed are Preray Hotel at Eagle Island, Priscy’s Bar in Elekahia and Mega Tool Filling Station along Ojoto Street in the Diobu axis, all in the Rivers State capital.

This is coming after days after Governor Nyesom Wike’s state-wide broadcast where he alleged that some politicians were recruiting cultists and ex-convicts to destabilise the state over their 2023 political ambitions.

Though the reason for the action could not be ascertained as of the time of filing this report, but it is alleged to be a clampdown on perceived political opponents.

It was gathered that a team of security operatives, including police tactical units in several patrol van, stormed the facilities in the wee hours of Friday, effected the arrests and sealed the premises

It was gathered that the sealed facilities are owned by loyalists to a former Deputy Speaker of the House of Representatives, Rt. Hon Austin Opara

Opara, a former ally of Wike, is no longer in the latter’s good books for allegedly hobnobbing with the presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party, Atiku Abubakar.

In a statement by Wike’s media aide, Kelvin Ebiri, the governor said the government was aware that owners of hotels and entertainment centres are in the process of giving out their premises to politicians and political parties as a convenient base for the gathering of “political thugs”.

The statement partly read, “Similarly, we will not allow any political party, be it the All Progressives Congress, the Peoples Democratic Party or the Social Democratic Party to threaten the safety and security of lives and property during the campaigns with mayhem, thuggery or violence.

“Accordingly, we have already alerted and set the security agencies on the trail of these misguided politicians and leaders of political parties and stop them in their tracks with the full weight of the law.”

The governor warned that the government will pull down hotels and other entertainment places that are linked with such criminal political activities.

When contacted, the state Commissioner of Police, Friday Eboka, said he was not aware of the incident saying, “I am just getting to my office. I will find out.”

https://punchng.com/illegal-gathering-rivers-seals-hotel-others-scores-arrested/?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook#Echobox=1660909170

1 Share

Re: Illegal Gathering: Rivers State Seals Hotel, Others, Scores Arrested by Nobody: 1:15pm On Aug 19, 2022
Corruption.
Re: Illegal Gathering: Rivers State Seals Hotel, Others, Scores Arrested by Maxymilliano(m): 1:22pm On Aug 19, 2022
How do you define "Illegal gathering" ?

1 Like

Re: Illegal Gathering: Rivers State Seals Hotel, Others, Scores Arrested by DaniDani(m): 1:26pm On Aug 19, 2022
Wike's pattern of political fight is terrible. Always creating enemies here and there. One of the major reason he lost the presidential ticket. He haven't learnt any lesson yet.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Illegal Gathering: Rivers State Seals Hotel, Others, Scores Arrested by Nobody: 1:27pm On Aug 19, 2022
The slayer of IPOB is now calling their gathering illgeal grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Illegal Gathering: Rivers State Seals Hotel, Others, Scores Arrested by Bluntguy: 1:34pm On Aug 19, 2022
Wike has started his clampdown on Atiku supporters in Rivers state. Rivers is becoming OBIdient and YUSful.

4 Likes

Re: Illegal Gathering: Rivers State Seals Hotel, Others, Scores Arrested by yyba: 1:46pm On Aug 19, 2022
grin cheesy
Re: Illegal Gathering: Rivers State Seals Hotel, Others, Scores Arrested by Laggafin: 1:58pm On Aug 19, 2022
Hmmm.. Wike has began to unleash the vawulence he promised.. But he should remember Power is transient.. and he may Suffer the actions of today.. tomorro

2 Likes

Re: Illegal Gathering: Rivers State Seals Hotel, Others, Scores Arrested by ChangetheChange: 1:59pm On Aug 19, 2022
Wike want to fight Amaechi (APC) and Magnus Abbe (SDP) and Atiku loyalists (PDP) in Rivers State at the same time.

Wike u have less than 9 months to handover, thread with caution.

4 Likes

Re: Illegal Gathering: Rivers State Seals Hotel, Others, Scores Arrested by ChangetheChange: 2:04pm On Aug 19, 2022
It was gathered that the sealed facilities are owned by loyalists to a former Deputy Speaker of the House of Representatives, Rt. Hon Austin Opara
Opara, a former ally of Wike, is no longer in the latter’s good books for allegedly hobnobbing with the presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party, Atiku Abubakar.
With these actions by Wike, it is clear to all that Wike doesn't want peace with Atiku, he is just using his unrealistic demands to Atiku as a smokescreen.
He is still hurt by his defeat in the PDP presidential primary.

Re: Illegal Gathering: Rivers State Seals Hotel, Others, Scores Arrested by ChangetheChange: 2:12pm On Aug 19, 2022
Djd
Re: Illegal Gathering: Rivers State Seals Hotel, Others, Scores Arrested by Lurdmax10: 2:31pm On Aug 19, 2022
Illegal gathering

What happened to freedom of association/assemblage or is Wike turning out to be a full blown tyrant ?

1 Like

Re: Illegal Gathering: Rivers State Seals Hotel, Others, Scores Arrested by Willy7(m): 2:50pm On Aug 19, 2022
Wike wouldn't mind returning Rivers State to pre Omehia days as governor. You can't pull down your house thinking that your enemy will be the one affected. Whether Atiku wins or lose, it doesn't really affect him as he has other things to return to. Dubai is still his abode. Wike will be the one to suffer because Rivers politics has always been one of betrayal. The next governor may come after him. He should start mending fences and closing ranks rather than digging more holes.

2 Likes

Re: Illegal Gathering: Rivers State Seals Hotel, Others, Scores Arrested by asanausana91: 3:13pm On Aug 19, 2022
And this is the kind of animal that wanted to be our president?
If Wike get the power of a president many of the opposition will dash out of this country.

2 Likes

Re: Illegal Gathering: Rivers State Seals Hotel, Others, Scores Arrested by jeromestarks: 4:27pm On Aug 19, 2022
Atiku don cast.

2 Likes

Re: Illegal Gathering: Rivers State Seals Hotel, Others, Scores Arrested by Richy4(m): 4:54pm On Aug 19, 2022
If this is the real reason why the place was sealed, then it's Oppression and abuse of power @ it's best..

Was the gathering also scheduled to take place at a petrol station?
It's not that they have even gathered.. just a hearsay..

2 Likes

Re: Illegal Gathering: Rivers State Seals Hotel, Others, Scores Arrested by Kagd10: 4:56pm On Aug 19, 2022
Willy7:
Wike wouldn't mind returning Rivers State to pre Omehia days as governor. You can't pull down your house thinking that your enemy will be the one affected. Whether Atiku wins or lose, it doesn't really affect him as he has other things to return to. Dubai is still his abode. Wike will be the one to suffer because Rivers politics has always been one of betrayal. The next governor may come after him. He should start mending fences and closing ranks rather than digging more holes.

The fact that you champion a Dubai looter shows how inept you're.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Illegal Gathering: Rivers State Seals Hotel, Others, Scores Arrested by Willy7(m): 5:19pm On Aug 19, 2022
Kagd10:

The fact that you champion a Dubai looter shows how inept you're.
hey kiddo, do I know you somewhere or comprehension is your albatross? It will do your childish brain much good if you could go through my post again and this time more slowly. Don't be an e-mumu
BTW, I've never supported Tinubu nor Atiku in any of my post on Nairaland since 2007 I joined ok?

2 Likes

Re: Illegal Gathering: Rivers State Seals Hotel, Others, Scores Arrested by Kagd10: 5:22pm On Aug 19, 2022
Willy7:
hey kiddo, do I know you somewhere or comprehension is your albatross? It will do your childish brain much good if you could go through my post again and this time more slowly. Don't be an e-mumu
BTW, I've never supported Tinubu nor Atiku in any of my post on Nairaland since 2007 I joined ok?

Ain't you supporting him in the post I quoted?

Imagine supporting a Dubai based man who doesn't even know whatt's happening in Nigeriaa while he waits for every election period for another chance to empty Nigeria treasury after looting Nigeria's commonwealth through the privatisation he supervised as a VP.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Illegal Gathering: Rivers State Seals Hotel, Others, Scores Arrested by Doubleoh7: 5:36pm On Aug 19, 2022
Emperor has spoken. Baba na just few months remain, you will step down. Then you'll understand how cold the streets can become. If you're in doubt, ask Obiano, na where he dey handover him wife collect better slap, he handover finish, efcc give am VIP pass. Power is transient, what you do with it will determine if you can walk free in the streets tomorrow or you'll require a full platoon for security

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Illegal Gathering: Rivers State Seals Hotel, Others, Scores Arrested by Willy7(m): 5:48pm On Aug 19, 2022
Kagd10:

Ain't you supporting him in the post I quoted?

Imagine supporting a Dubai based man who doesn't even know whatt's happening in Nigeriaa while he waits for every election period for another chance to empty Nigeria treasury after looting Nigeria's commonwealth through the privatisation he supervised as a VP.
maybe you want me to school you or like sagamite will say then, flog your ignorance into submission. Anyway, let me help you understand. Being a realist does not make one a supporter ok? Now tell me, who will be affected more if Rivers State burns? Atiku or Wike?
On another note, do you think a Tinubu or Obi Presidency will affect Atiku? Go and check about Intels and tell me who and who has it. Also, go and check Peter Obi's congratulatory message to Atiku when he won the primaries. Atiku has made strong friends and allies over the years and no administration will really affect him whether he is in power or not. This is not the same for Wike, he is just taking his first shot at National politics and he has realised that it's not a walkover.
As for Atiku, you don't blame him, you blame Wike for picking quarrel with everyone that would've stood by him to capture the party ticket. He thought that with Rivers money it would be a smooth ride, but then he met a shocker. Wike maybe a loyal party man being that he has not defected to any party since joining PDP, but then it doesn't make him a good politician. Wike's mouth is his greatest undoing. Do you think if the primaries is repeated today Wike will come even 3rd?
Yes,Atiku is a serial defector and not a good party man, but he doesn't vote himself, people do. They voted him in 2019 against the wish of the same Wike, and 2022 again they voted him against the same Wike, what does that tell you? Wike should relax and just finish his tenure on good note and maybe retire from active politics, or he can bid his time at the background like Tinubu waiting for a time to throw in his hat in the ring. I don't support Atiku, but in National politics Atiku no be Wike mate. BTW, why do you think he is taking much time to meet Wike for any reconciliation? My dear, there are Men in politics, there are boys in politics and there are bomboys in politics, Wike is a boy and Atiku is a man in politics. Thanks

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Illegal Gathering: Rivers State Seals Hotel, Others, Scores Arrested by Kagd10: 5:50pm On Aug 19, 2022
Willy7:
maybe you want me to school you or like sagamite will say then, flog your ignorance into submission. Anyway, let me help you understand. Being a realist does not make one a supporter ok? Now tell me, who will be affected more if Rivers State burns? Atiku or Wike?
On another note, do you think a Tinubu or Obi Presidency will affect Atiku? Go and check about Intels and tell me who and who has it. Also, go and check Peter Obi's congratulatory message to Atiku when he won the primaries. Atiku has made strong friends and allies over the years and no administration will really affect him whether he is in power or not. This is not the same for Wike, he is just taking his first shot at National politics and he has realised that it's not a walkover.
As for Atiku, you don't blame him, you blame Wike for picking quarrel with everyone that would've stood by him to capture the party ticket. He thought that with Rivers money it would be a smooth ride, but then he met a shocker. Wike maybe a loyal party man being that he has not defected to any party since joining PDP, but then it doesn't make him a good politician. Wike's mouth is his greatest undoing. Do you think if the primaries is repeated today Wike will come even 3rd?
Yes,Atiku is a serial defector and not a good party man, but he doesn't vote himself, people do. They voted him in 2019 against the wish of the same Wike, and 2022 again they voted him against the same Wike, what does that tell you? Wike should relax and just finish his tenure on good note and maybe retire from active politics, or he can bid his time at the background like Tinubu waiting for a time to throw in his hat in the ring. I don't support Atiku, but in National politics Atiku no be Wike mate. BTW, why do you think he is taking much time to meet Wike for any reconciliation? My dear, there are Men in politics, there are boys in politics and there are bomboys in politics, Wike is a boy and Atiku is a man in politics. Thanks

Preventing Atiku at all cost is the best for Nigeria as a whole. He's looted enough already. All what he looted is enough to improve Nigeria today. We don't need him at the federal again. He's got no achievement to add to that. and He's a chronic kleptomaniac.

2 Likes

Re: Illegal Gathering: Rivers State Seals Hotel, Others, Scores Arrested by f1dark(f): 5:53pm On Aug 19, 2022
What do you mean by illegal gathering.
Re: Illegal Gathering: Rivers State Seals Hotel, Others, Scores Arrested by Willy7(m): 6:04pm On Aug 19, 2022
Kagd10:

Yes, preventing Atiku at all cost is the best for Nigeria as a whole. He's looted enough already. All what he looted is enough to improve Nigeria today. We don't need him at the federal again. He's got no achievement to add to that. and He's a chronic kleptomaniac.
that will be for Nigerians to decide. Personally I wouldn't vote someone that relocates after election seasons nor can't visit the US as it is today without much lobbying and attaching to a diplomats entourage. Secondly, Atiku is a good politician but I don't think he will serve the interest of the common man if elected. Sadly most of our politicians only remember the common man during elections and not in policies. But among the 3 major contenders, Tinubu is the worst. His presidency will favour his cronies and sycophants. The only job that the youths will have will be task force and NURTW. They all run elitist govt.
So it's up to Nigerians to decide and make a statement with their votes this coming election.

2 Likes

Re: Illegal Gathering: Rivers State Seals Hotel, Others, Scores Arrested by Kagd10: 6:39pm On Aug 19, 2022
Willy7:
that will be for Nigerians to decide. Personally I wouldn't vote someone that relocates after election seasons nor can't visit the US as it is today without much lobbying and attaching to a diplomats entourage. Secondly, Atiku is a good politician but I don't think he will serve the interest of the common man if elected. Sadly most of our politicians only remember the common man during elections and not in policies. But among the 3 major contenders, Tinubu is the worst. His presidency will favour his cronies and sycophants. The only job that the youths will have will be task force and NURTW. They all run elitist govt.
So it's up to Nigerians to decide and make a statement with their votes this coming election.

Atiku isn't a good politician. Sink that into your skull. Someone without achievement but with kleptomaniac tendencies who already previously looted Nigeria's commonwealth shouldn't be brought back. Apart from the fact that there's no justification for bringing in another Northerner after an outgoing Northerner, there's no justification for bringing back our previous old looters.

Meanwhile, Tinubu is the best of them all. First, Tinubu didn't rule you or your papa nor has he ever taken any federal post.

Secondly, Tinubu's achievement and legacies in Lagos are unmatched by any of the candidates.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Illegal Gathering: Rivers State Seals Hotel, Others, Scores Arrested by rusher14: 7:24pm On Aug 19, 2022
Willy7:

If Tinubu is the worst, can you explain why Lagos thrives while all of Nigeria is in penury and turmoil?

Noteable mention:

Lagos as the largest economy in West Africa.

3 Likes

Re: Illegal Gathering: Rivers State Seals Hotel, Others, Scores Arrested by SU50: 7:33pm On Aug 19, 2022
Lurdmax10:

https://punchng.com/illegal-gathering-rivers-seals-hotel-others-scores-arrested/?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook#Echobox=1660909170

Wike's downfall has began, does this guy think beyond 'now'?

Man is a big time tyrant, the tables will very soon turn in him.

1 Like

Re: Illegal Gathering: Rivers State Seals Hotel, Others, Scores Arrested by codedguy1(m): 7:44pm On Aug 19, 2022
Bluntguy:
Wike has started his clampdown on Atiku supporters in Rivers state. Rivers is becoming OBIdient and YUSful.

Wike should continue his good works in PDP.

God works in mysterious ways.

3 Likes

Re: Illegal Gathering: Rivers State Seals Hotel, Others, Scores Arrested by Okoroawusa: 7:45pm On Aug 19, 2022
Wike I no support you for this one o!
Re: Illegal Gathering: Rivers State Seals Hotel, Others, Scores Arrested by Willy7(m): 7:53pm On Aug 19, 2022
Kagd10:

Atiku isn't a good politician. Sink that into your skull. Someone without achievement but with kleptomaniac tendencies who already previously looted Nigeria's commonwealth shouldn't be brought back. Apart from the fact that there's no justification for bringing in another Northerner after an outgoing Northerner, there's no justification for bringing back our previous old looters.

Meanwhile, Tinubu is the best of them all. First, Tinubu didn't rule you or your papa nor has he ever taken any federal post.

Secondly, Tinubu's achievement and legacies in Lagos are unmatched by any of the candidates.

If I had known that I was schooling a supporter of someone like Tinubu, I wouldn't be wasting my time all this while,because I don't see any person supporting Tinubu as normal. First, how can you support a man whose history as regards real age, name, primary and secondary schools are all shrouded in secrecy?Secondly, how can any sane person support a man who had bullion vans coming into his house on the eve of an election which he has direct or indirect interest? Which normal person will say Tinubu that says Federal government should print more Naira notes to ameliorate the covid 19 pandemic is a good candidate considering the economic situation of the country? How can anyone with brain support someone that came to the house of a bereaved whose daughter was killed by herdsmen and all he could say was Where are the cows? Who campaigns or votes for a man that boldly told the world that he installed the calamity called Buhari upon the Nation? Who in his right sense will say a man whose economic blueprint is to feed 50 million youths with agbado and cassava if recruited into the army is the best candidate? Which sane person will vote for a candidate that bribed his way into becoming the Presidential aspirant of a party and yet he never had a manifesto but had to inaugurate 40 man committee to come up with a manifesto for him? Are you telling me that you are supporting a man that has past his prime but couldn't contain his greed for power? If this coming elections was to be regional, would you in the sincerity of your heart vote for a Tinubu as the premier? But look at you today shamelessly rubbing him in the faces of sane Nigerians and campaigning for him to be President of a complex and sick Nation as Nigeria. Na God go judge you and your kind.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Illegal Gathering: Rivers State Seals Hotel, Others, Scores Arrested by Kagd10: 7:57pm On Aug 19, 2022
Willy7:
If I had known that I was schooling a supporter of someone like Tinubu, I wouldn't be wasting my time all this while,because I don't see any person supporting Tinubu as normal. First, how can you support a man whose history as regards real age, name, primary and secondary schools are all shrouded in secrecy?Secondly, how can any sane person support a man who had bullion vans coming into his house on the eve of an election which he has direct or indirect interest? Which normal person will say Tinubu that says Federal government should print more Naira notes to ameliorate the covid 19 pandemic? How can anyone with brain support someone that came to the house of a bereaved whose daughter was killed by herdsmen and all he could say was Where are the cows? Who campaigns or votes for a man that boldly told the world that he installed the calamity called Buhari upon the Nation? Who in his right sense will say a man that economic blueprint is to feed 50 million youths with agbado and cassava if recruited into the army is the best candidate? Which sane person will vote for a candidate that bribed his way into becoming the Presidential aspirant of a party and yet he never had a manifesto but had to inaugurate 40 man committee to come up with a manifesto for him? Are you telling me that you are supporting a man that has past his prime but couldn't contain his greed for power? If this coming elections was to be regional, would you in the sincerity of your heart vote for a Tinubu as the premier? But look at you today shamelessly rubbing him in the faces of sane Nigerians and campaigning for him to be President of a complex and sick Nation as Nigeria. Na God go judge you and your kind.

Says the illiterate talking about a first class Bsc graduate like Tinubu who's legacies in Lagos is unmatched. You dey mad? This is Tinubu's result below confirmed by Chicago university. I repeat, Tinubu didn't rule you or your papa. Sink that into your skull.

Tinubu didn't take any federal post compared to Atiku who has no achievement whatsoever but looted Nigeria commonwealth through the privatisation he supervised as a VP. Something that's still affecting Nigeria today but miscreantts like you want the same old looter back. Atiku will only rule you in your village.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Illegal Gathering: Rivers State Seals Hotel, Others, Scores Arrested by Willy7(m): 8:08pm On Aug 19, 2022
Kagd10:

Says the illiterate talking about a first class Bsc graduate like Tinubu who's legacies in Lagos is unmatched. You dey mad? This is Tinubu's result below confirmed by Chicago university. I repeat, Tinubu didn't rule you or your papa. Sink that into your skull.

Tinubu didn't take any federal post compared to Atiku who has no achievement whatsoever but looted Nigeria commonwealth through the privatisation he supervised as a VP. Something that's still affecting Nigeria today but miscreantts like you want the same old looter back. Atiku will only rule you in your village.
a political neophyte like you shouldn't be graced with an attention seeing that you are one of the misguided and criminal elements being recruited to shamelessly come to the media space and spew ignorance. Not only first class. Where is the result he uses to obtain the said first class, abi them no need primary nor secondary school results? He has first class and yet all he could mutter as economic blueprint is Agbado and cassava? Which first class advices govt to print more currency notes to curb inflation or mitigate the effect of pandemic? Perhaps it's Agbado and cassava first class. Continue supporting rubbish, you won't excape its consequences and effects. Lost soul. Don't worry, campaign will soon start, get ready to support your Agbado and cassava first class graduate, ode.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Dele Alake Bombards Seun Okinbaloye with Tinubu's Track Records. / Can Peter Obi Win Any States Outside SE, SS And MB? / If Hypocrisy Were A Person, It Would Be Oshiomhole's Female Lookalike - Omokri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.