Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,637 members, 7,813,106 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:09 AM

ASUU Strike: FG’S Proposal May Lead To Lecturers’ Pay Cut - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU Strike: FG’S Proposal May Lead To Lecturers’ Pay Cut (26807 Views)

ASUU Strike: FG Commences Payment Of Minimum Wage To Lecturers / ASUU Strike: FG Resumes Negotiation Today / ASUU Strike: FG Withdraws `No Work No Pay’ Threat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ASUU Strike: FG’S Proposal May Lead To Lecturers’ Pay Cut by mozona(m): 7:35pm On Aug 21, 2022
More strike.... Useless country.
Re: ASUU Strike: FG’S Proposal May Lead To Lecturers’ Pay Cut by InvertedHammer: 7:35pm On Aug 21, 2022
PresidObi:
The FG wont even care if school is closed indefinitely. This current FG has proven to be anti educational. They would have solved this imbroglio if they wanted to, but with an education minister fighting the institutions like a civil war, let's see how soon school will restart.

Peter Obi will increase the education budget when he has closed all these corrupt loopholes like fuel subsidy and arms racketeering.

Our children will be back to school for the long term.

Vote for Peter Obi and Yusuf Datti Baba Ahmed.
/

But when the children of these politicians graduate from foreign universities, the useless students sitting at home will rush to social media to lavish them with "Congratulations!" grin grin grin

So who is to blame? The oppressors or the ones that voluntarily worship and adore the oppressors?
/

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike: FG’S Proposal May Lead To Lecturers’ Pay Cut by 56shams: 7:35pm On Aug 21, 2022
ASUU don’t have day of calling off this strike.
Re: ASUU Strike: FG’S Proposal May Lead To Lecturers’ Pay Cut by Magnumproperty: 7:36pm On Aug 21, 2022
It is well with Nigeria
Re: ASUU Strike: FG’S Proposal May Lead To Lecturers’ Pay Cut by kushma(m): 7:36pm On Aug 21, 2022
If they do that school fees and others will topple up for sure affecting many students who can’t afford it that’s why they didn’t go for the private schools.
Re: ASUU Strike: FG’S Proposal May Lead To Lecturers’ Pay Cut by enduranceidahosa(m): 7:39pm On Aug 21, 2022
Na wa ooo
Re: ASUU Strike: FG’S Proposal May Lead To Lecturers’ Pay Cut by Zeheduu: 7:42pm On Aug 21, 2022
Hmmm..that's serious
Re: ASUU Strike: FG’S Proposal May Lead To Lecturers’ Pay Cut by TenQ: 7:49pm On Aug 21, 2022
dre11:
Senior profs to earn N9m yearly, junior lecturers get N90,000 monthly

https://punchng.com/ASUU-strike-fgs-proposal-may-lead-to-lecturers-pay-cut/?amp
If the case of ASUU is like this, you wonder what all FG Research Centers and Institutions are facing!
Re: ASUU Strike: FG’S Proposal May Lead To Lecturers’ Pay Cut by Pbava5: 7:57pm On Aug 21, 2022
Yoo

Re: ASUU Strike: FG’S Proposal May Lead To Lecturers’ Pay Cut by Damian10(m): 7:58pm On Aug 21, 2022
It was obvious salaries and personal benefit have always being the elephant in the room for the selfish body called ASUU. destroying and playing the victim. Are you so dump not to be able to realise the fact that incessant strikes ain't helping the system and the students you claim to be fighting for. You claim to be the brain of the nation but too dump to fashion out a better way to get the gov to do the needful for like a zillion years now. F** learned lunatics.

4 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike: FG’S Proposal May Lead To Lecturers’ Pay Cut by Okobola146: 7:59pm On Aug 21, 2022
No wonder Mynd44 resigned few months ago
Re: ASUU Strike: FG’S Proposal May Lead To Lecturers’ Pay Cut by Owopariola001: 7:59pm On Aug 21, 2022
danny086:
Why don't those in government or the senators reduce their take home pay, these guys are just wicked.. pure definition of SELFISHNESS..... Nonsense and Ingredient set of fellow.

If any ASUU member wants to earn money like the politicians, s/he should test his popularity at the poll, or change job to where they can afford him.

Or is it the employee that will dictate the salary to receive from the employer, or will he force the employer to pay him his demands?

If the employer is not ready to pay, leave the job, and go find another job if it's sure for you.

3 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike: FG’S Proposal May Lead To Lecturers’ Pay Cut by fatboyslym007: 8:00pm On Aug 21, 2022
Whoever says ASUU is greedy does not understand the working conditions of lecturers...

Teaching is just a small part of the job... People think lecturers have time on their hands, no they don't!

Their promotion is majorly based on research n community service. Check how much publishing in a journal is worth. Check how long it takes them to prepare for a 2hour lecture... Check the conditions under which some teach and do research and supervise students...

Lecturers deserve better payment...
I support ASUU.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ASUU Strike: FG’S Proposal May Lead To Lecturers’ Pay Cut by backnbeta(f): 8:04pm On Aug 21, 2022
These are the people doing the real academic work; the real lecturers; the real academics! This government of Abokeys for the Abokeys is a shame on everyone who still has any good word for Bubu
Re: ASUU Strike: FG’S Proposal May Lead To Lecturers’ Pay Cut by Owopariola001: 8:05pm On Aug 21, 2022
InvertedHammer:

/

But when the children of these politicians graduate from foreign universities, the useless students sitting at home will rush to social media to lavish them with "Congratulations!" grin grin grin

So who is to blame? The oppressors or the ones that voluntarily worship and adore the oppressors?
/

How about the kids of the ASUU members that finished from private schools in Naija or even abroad?

Not all politicians are in a position to make changes in Education. And being a politician doesn't necessarily mean one cannot fund his children's education abroad or at a private institution in Naija.
Re: ASUU Strike: FG’S Proposal May Lead To Lecturers’ Pay Cut by Owopariola001: 8:06pm On Aug 21, 2022
fatboyslym007:
Whoever says ASUU is greedy does not understand the working conditions of lecturers...

Teaching is just a small part of the job... People think lecturers have time on their hands, no they don't!

Their promotion is majorly based on research n community service. Check how much publishing in a journal is worth. Check how long it takes them to prepare for a 2hour lecture... Check the conditions under which some teach and do research and supervise students...

Lecturers deserve better payment...
I support ASUU.

They should quit and look for other jobs that pay better, or establish businesses like they always preach to the youths.

1 Like

Re: ASUU Strike: FG’S Proposal May Lead To Lecturers’ Pay Cut by toujurs: 8:07pm On Aug 21, 2022
ASUU have suffered
Re: ASUU Strike: FG’S Proposal May Lead To Lecturers’ Pay Cut by jojothaiv(m): 8:10pm On Aug 21, 2022
Summarily, na we dey do ourselves by ourselves.

Most of the comments get as e be sef.
Re: ASUU Strike: FG’S Proposal May Lead To Lecturers’ Pay Cut by Eleyi1: 8:12pm On Aug 21, 2022
firstolalekan:

Dis one wey your girlfriend don get belle... I hope it's not what i am thinking...
I hope you are a responsible person?
For the web design... Are you in lagos?

Lol she no get belle, yeah I’m in Lagos
Re: ASUU Strike: FG’S Proposal May Lead To Lecturers’ Pay Cut by alabo1: 8:14pm On Aug 21, 2022
hedonido:
Nonsense. Nigerian public university lecturers are overrated. I know this because I know this. Bunch of redundant, smug, unnecessarily arrogant idiots. I hate Buhari more than anyone else but you see this ASUU, they are absolute smelly fecal matter.

The way ASUU has held the country to ransom over the years is just a sad comedy. They overrate their importance and think that because one corrupt, depraved animal is a 'Dr' or Professor of shit, then he deserves to earn more than an oil industry executive. We're talking about someone whose actual academic/intellectual/innovative output is almost zero. There's nothing they can teach you now that you wouldn't easily find on Google or YouTube. There's nothing that comes out of their useless 'research'. Give one of them a N1b grant to do research in their field, and watch how they would spend it on the usual Naija levels... Acquiring property, cars, investing in private business, and then forming made man.

The country is just a joke. ASUU my foot.

You are very silly. You don't know what it means to get a PHD that's why. Your language is rude and unbecoming. I don't know the institution you attended but trust me we have some of the best minds in Academia in Africa despite our limitations. Go, your sins are forgiven

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ASUU Strike: FG’S Proposal May Lead To Lecturers’ Pay Cut by Nobody: 8:19pm On Aug 21, 2022
OnionBandit:
use your brain naw..can't you see that the number of years in their tenures are different? Do the maths again and see how your Jonathan has the worst regime if ASUU strike was the basis according to your foolish post
U r a complete animal. May thunder strike to death if you compare Buhari to Jonathan again.

It is obvious students will miss a session. Was session missed during Jonathan ? Fool. And yet the strike is till ongoing

Fool
Re: ASUU Strike: FG’S Proposal May Lead To Lecturers’ Pay Cut by CyberHustle: 8:20pm On Aug 21, 2022
The lecturers are overrated no doubt but when govt is openly wasteful, what do you expect the lecturers to do?
There is fund to be stolen but none to invest in education. I read about UK school heads talking about how fees from Britons need to go from average of 9k pounds to 13k to adjust accordingly or they may keep admitting foreigners who pay 24k average to meet up with financial demand.
Re: ASUU Strike: FG’S Proposal May Lead To Lecturers’ Pay Cut by firstolalekan(m): 8:22pm On Aug 21, 2022
Eleyi1:

Lol she no get belle, yeah I’m in Lagos
Good.
Make we connect whatsapp
Re: ASUU Strike: FG’S Proposal May Lead To Lecturers’ Pay Cut by Hassanmaye(m): 8:27pm On Aug 21, 2022
dre11:
Senior profs to earn N9m yearly, junior lecturers get N90,000 monthly

https://punchng.com/ASUU-strike-fgs-proposal-may-lead-to-lecturers-pay-cut/?amp
Hmmm
Re: ASUU Strike: FG’S Proposal May Lead To Lecturers’ Pay Cut by CyberHustle: 8:28pm On Aug 21, 2022
alabo1:

You are very silly. You don't know what it means to get a PHD that's why. Your language is rude and unbecoming. I don't know the institution you attended but trust me we have some of the best minds in Academia in Africa despite our limitations. Go, your sins are forgiven
we don't have best minds. Your rants won't change that. A lecturer who comes to class and openly talks about A is for God is a useless one. That's what most of them are. Useless lecturers with unreadable handouts that has been photocopied for over a decade. No new innovations in passing across ideas. Most of them cannot use graphics software that will help introduce new illustrations to convey ideas and take so much delight in failing students than imparting knowledge.

4 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike: FG’S Proposal May Lead To Lecturers’ Pay Cut by Olaolex: 8:32pm On Aug 21, 2022
Gastrocnemius:
I'm just fed up with this recurrent strike . If not for COVID-19, I will never experience 2022 strike.
There was strike during covid which lasted 9 month
Re: ASUU Strike: FG’S Proposal May Lead To Lecturers’ Pay Cut by TheboyGhost(m): 8:32pm On Aug 21, 2022
Lol, a lot of people working at the education sector get so under paid which they (workers) vent their frustrating attitudes and envy on rich young students in their school.

You drive a good car to school na problem.
You dress rich and smart, them go say na lie.

Everybody go feel the youths pains las las... We go through a lot to be able to
break through into the rich status unless you got connect or go do crime.

How much are we getting paid when we decide to work?

Some sales girls and boys get a peanut 5000 naira as monthly pay in some places in this country.

We work like calf's while we get fed like chickens.
Re: ASUU Strike: FG’S Proposal May Lead To Lecturers’ Pay Cut by okedoyinolabisi(f): 8:40pm On Aug 21, 2022
Staphylococcus:
University education should just be transparently privatized.

If you want to get the best out of Nigerian universities, it’s certain that the government can NEVER fund it!

High tuition will come with quality education and stiff competition, that will born the unimaginable!

Scenario where Obi Cubana can acquire ESUT, Otedola on UI, Alakija on UNILAG and Dangote on Ife. The competition will be out of this world! Existing private universities will be rendered irrelevant.

But they can use 1.4 billion to cut grasses, and buy vehicles for Nigérien govt?
Re: ASUU Strike: FG’S Proposal May Lead To Lecturers’ Pay Cut by bleskid: 8:41pm On Aug 21, 2022
I no understand ooo olamide na Bado ... abeg come explain it to me
Re: ASUU Strike: FG’S Proposal May Lead To Lecturers’ Pay Cut by OnionBandit(f): 8:42pm On Aug 21, 2022
MyFlair:

U r a complete animal. May thunder strike to death if you compare Buhari to Jonathan again.

It is obvious students will miss a session. Was session missed during Jonathan ? Fool. And yet the strike is till ongoing

Fool
grin grin

Pained m0r0n. This fool doesn't even know whats going on. As an employer, if your employees choose to go on strike for 6months to protest against poor welfare or whatever, and they insist you pay them for the 6 months which they didn't work, would you have paid them because students will miss a session? As an employer, will you let your employees dictate to you how to run your company? You are a complete dunce. Most of you are just plain stewpid

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

15 Horrifying Websites You Should Never Ever Visit. / Sex For Mark: "OAU Female Student Should Stop Playing The Victim" - Man Says / 4 People That Destroyed Nigerian Education.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.