Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,252 members, 7,829,464 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:31 AM

The Consistency Of Nigerian Hip-hop Revivalist, MI Abaga (a.k.a The Guy) - Music/Radio (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / The Consistency Of Nigerian Hip-hop Revivalist, MI Abaga (a.k.a The Guy) (15644 Views)

MI Abaga "The Guy" Album Review - TrendyBeatz / M.I. Abaga – A Study On Self Worth: Yxng Dxnzl (album Download) & Tracklist / (album Download) M.I. Abaga – A Study On Self Worth: Yxng Dxnzl (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Consistency Of Nigerian Hip-hop Revivalist, MI Abaga (a.k.a The Guy) by Dididrumz(m): 8:50am On Aug 23, 2022
nedekid:

Its not to bear big title of eg GM. A company that may currently just appear on paper. Last I heard of choc city was donkey years back.
Or do they have current artists "blowing" we don't know about?

I guess You've not heard A-Q, or even Blaqbonze.

7 Likes

Re: The Consistency Of Nigerian Hip-hop Revivalist, MI Abaga (a.k.a The Guy) by OceanEye: 8:50am On Aug 23, 2022
MI is not just the guy, but my guy.

His raps I love:

1.one naira fit waje
2. Anoti
3. 123 fit naeto c and Dagrin
4. Money slow to enter ( or something)
5. And recently The Guy

7 Likes

Re: The Consistency Of Nigerian Hip-hop Revivalist, MI Abaga (a.k.a The Guy) by Nonexisting: 8:51am On Aug 23, 2022
Westchester:
M.I was a sensation during his time but I think people overates him and hypes him more than his actual capabilities, I rate Olamide and Phyno higher than M.I in the rap game
If you really rate Olamide and Phyno above MI, especially Phyno, then you need to start listening to Oliver De Coque only because you know nothing about rap.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Consistency Of Nigerian Hip-hop Revivalist, MI Abaga (a.k.a The Guy) by Sucre6: 8:52am On Aug 23, 2022
nedekid:

Its not to bear big title of eg GM. A company that may currently just appear on paper. Last I heard of choc city was donkey years back.
Or do they have current artists "blowing" we don't know about?

The person promotion social influence of Chocolate city is doing a real bad work, as it stands now, I don't think I can remember when last they sign a good act that has made broken into the world fame, just like the good old days of Choc boys.

MI the movie the industry has a lot of work to do in my opinion, just like Marvin records

Don JAZZY understand the business so well and that's why they remain relevant even with average artist they have, the only act I respect and enjoy so well in Marvin crew is Johny Drill
The others are just average act, though Marvin has lived it good old times, since the time of d banj and wendy coal era

4 Likes

Re: The Consistency Of Nigerian Hip-hop Revivalist, MI Abaga (a.k.a The Guy) by Treasure17(m): 8:57am On Aug 23, 2022
Great guy. Really love that Human being song.

2 Likes

Re: The Consistency Of Nigerian Hip-hop Revivalist, MI Abaga (a.k.a The Guy) by nedekid: 9:00am On Aug 23, 2022
Dididrumz:

I guess You've not heard A-Q, or even Blaqbonze.
No I have not. Will Google them though.
Re: The Consistency Of Nigerian Hip-hop Revivalist, MI Abaga (a.k.a The Guy) by westernboy(m): 9:04am On Aug 23, 2022
MI all the way..

2 Likes

Re: The Consistency Of Nigerian Hip-hop Revivalist, MI Abaga (a.k.a The Guy) by ukaface(f): 9:05am On Aug 23, 2022
I love MI, and will always do
Just as I love Johnny drille

2 Likes

Re: The Consistency Of Nigerian Hip-hop Revivalist, MI Abaga (a.k.a The Guy) by Ofunaofu: 9:06am On Aug 23, 2022
African Rapper No. 1

M.I microphone magician

2 Likes

Re: The Consistency Of Nigerian Hip-hop Revivalist, MI Abaga (a.k.a The Guy) by Pimine: 9:22am On Aug 23, 2022
Westchester:
M.I was a sensation during his time but I think people overates him and hypes him more than his actual capabilities, I rate Olamide and Phyno higher than M.I in the rap game
You don't know nothing about rap my nigga. Please don't embarrass yourself.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Consistency Of Nigerian Hip-hop Revivalist, MI Abaga (a.k.a The Guy) by Kinzo0917(m): 9:26am On Aug 23, 2022
Spirit247:
Hmm... Did you know that the Reward for Evangelism is first reaped on Earth and then later in Heaven? Do you Know that when you Evangelize and win Souls into Eternal Kingdom of MESSIAH, you are doing yourself far more favour than you are doing for our CREATOR and for Heaven? Evangelism is the most Important and Loving Service that you can give to Humanity.

Using myself as a typical Example: my earthly Father died just before I entered University. Things became so difficult in my 2nd Year in School that it eventually got me to become very paranoid and hard-hearted. While smoking at our usual joint, I told a School gang that I was with that we should go and rob Bank and get rich once and forall. They were too lilly-livered to follow my advice. All they do is only to use guns to terrorize Students in the University.

Few months later after then, Satan eventually arranged it for me to coincidentally enter Vehicle of Armed Robbers that were going for Operation. Actually, a man, a woman and I were searching for Vehicles. We stood by the Road side to get cheap Vehicle in Journey to our Destinations. As a Red Bus pulled over and stopped not far from us, the man and the woman rushed ahead of me trying to enter the Vehicle. As soon as they saw the faces of those in the Vehicle, they scampered backward and hurriedly walked away.

I got there too and saw like 10 guys with very red eyes and all in white attires. I smiled and hopped in immediately. They were shocked, they asked me some questions and I let them know I'm fully in. They hailed me and the Vehicle zoomed off. On the way to the Operation, their Leader suddenly stopped the Bus and said "They said we should not proceed" referring to the Demon Spirits that leads and Protect them. Another said he needs money urgently that they should go. As the argument ensured one suddenly turned back to look at me in far back seat and said "na because of this Strange Guy wey this Operation go backfire!" Suddenly all of them chorused that I should go down.

I started begging them, almost crying in explaining to them that this is the "wonderful Opportunity" which I have been looking for. The one beside me pulled out his gun and say "Get out!" I quickly rushed out of the Vehicle, they then vanished. That was the Day my CREATOR Saved me from becoming an Eternal Outcast from HIS Glorious Kingdom. We are all given that 2nd Chance, HE always stretches HIS Hand out to us by HIS unmerited Saving Grace, that still rejects it gets Eternally doomed and disconnected from HIS that put Breathe of Life into them. However, I was Still so foolish that I started frantically searching for any other Armed Robbery Group to join and also thinking of starting my own Robbery Squard in case I don't find quickly.

Finally, a Deeper Life Brother was alloted same room as me as a new Session soon started in the University. We were 4 roommates. This Brother relentlessly Preached to me that the major Purpose why we Humans are on Earth is to prove that nothing shall ever make us to turn our back against our CREATOR. He said only those that pass this Examination would be rewarded with Immortality from the One and Only SOURCE of Life that has sent HIS Son to show us HIS Faithfulness to those that shall live to Please HIM. Explained the Promised Eternal Life and Deep Love of our CREATOR to me, and I later Accepted MESSIAH as my LORD and OWNER irreversibly.

Imagine if that Deeper Life Brother didn't care since he is going to Heaven already by his Pure and Holy Heaven-compliant Lifestyle. By now, I would Probably have killed so many people, before finally being killed too. Who knows who and who would have fallen Victims to my brutal bullets. Even you reading this might have been 6ft below now as a Victim killed in one of my wickedly orchestrated operations in those days when I thought Life was all about making money at all cost. Don't ever think it was not possible because I and the highly demonic bloodthirsty Robbery Gang that I was also planning to put together would have been killing for fun in all our operations.

I was addicted to listening to Satanic Heavy Metal Rock Music and Violent Raps that Project killing as the best fun, so you can imagine how I metamorphozed from just fantasizibg with massive Daily killings, to actually taking the Practical Steps. I was desperate with a heart thats sees massive killings for money as fun beyond words. All Glory to the CREATOR of Humanity for the Brother who manifested True Love for Humanity by Preaching MESSIAH to me, the Deeper Life Brother indirectly saved the precious Lives that the devil would have taken through me.

If you, you, you and I daily do our own parts in massively winning Muslims into Eternal Kingdom of JESUS, BokoHaram, Jihadists, Religious Bombers and Ritual Killers would soon be a thing of the Past. Evangelizing and Winning Souls is not just for Heaven to Rejoice, it is for your Children and mine to live in a Peaceful World of Love, Calm and Joyful Divine Serenity on Earth.

You just don't know the Heartless unprecedented inhumane Wickedness against Humanity which bloodthirsty Demons are fiercely grooming that your next door Neighbor for! For the sake of your Children and unborn Generation, you better throw aways your Senseless Ego and myopic self-destructive Pride and Preach to him/her/them! Before it becomes too late and you find your self to be the late.

Only myopic selfishness and self-centeredness Prevents most of we Christians from seeing the Bigger Picture. Preaching to those People in Vehicles, in your School, in your Office, in your Compound, etc. would go a long Way in making your World Saner, Peaceful and enjoyable. Your Evangelizing is germane Key to Heaven on Earth.* So, when you and I Evangelize daily, we, our Children and even your unborn Generation Reaps the Reward on Earth, and we still Receive Eternal Life as Reward when we get to the Judgement Throne which every Humanbeing shall surely face.

Let's Pray: I AM THAT I AM, our Eternal Heavenly FATHER, we Pray that YOU Grant us the Heart that shall only find Satisfaction in doing Your Assignment of daily Winning Souls into Your Eternal Kingdom in JESUS' Name!!!!!!!
Source: https://www.nairaland.com/7232368/evangelism-ultimate-love-service-humanity
. Nice. God bless you. Plz pray for me to be like you. Jesus is the only way to heaven

1 Like

Re: The Consistency Of Nigerian Hip-hop Revivalist, MI Abaga (a.k.a The Guy) by wordbank(m): 9:35am On Aug 23, 2022
Jamiubond009:
Overrated.Give me barry lane or show dem camp
Even show dem camp dey dobale

3 Likes

Re: The Consistency Of Nigerian Hip-hop Revivalist, MI Abaga (a.k.a The Guy) by rant19ade: 9:42am On Aug 23, 2022
Crap post, nothing crictical about what he wrote. Just bend around the topic without saying anything.

And some ppl saying Olamide phyno and co better MI just shows how much hip-hop has declined, and the average knowledge of a Nigerian about hip-hop

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Consistency Of Nigerian Hip-hop Revivalist, MI Abaga (a.k.a The Guy) by Dididrumz(m): 9:50am On Aug 23, 2022
nedekid:

No I have not. Will Google them though.

Those guys are good, especially A-Q.

Let me know what You think after You listen to at least one of his songs.

Listen to "distraction" a track in which he (AQ) dissed Vector the Viper.

5 Likes

Re: The Consistency Of Nigerian Hip-hop Revivalist, MI Abaga (a.k.a The Guy) by GUNITGuy: 10:01am On Aug 23, 2022
GUNITGuy:

Thanks for this
Can you be my Christian friend
Re: The Consistency Of Nigerian Hip-hop Revivalist, MI Abaga (a.k.a The Guy) by BeanmanX(m): 10:06am On Aug 23, 2022
Timoleon:
I hope you got paid in full though.
If you don't appreciate the rap prowess and talent of M.I we do,,, it's not everything that is paid,,

3 Likes

Re: The Consistency Of Nigerian Hip-hop Revivalist, MI Abaga (a.k.a The Guy) by BeanmanX(m): 10:13am On Aug 23, 2022
olisaEze:
What M.I aka Mr. Incredible did for the Naija hip hop scene is akin to what Tuface Idibia did for the Nigerian music industry. Dude was like our very own Kanye & T.I with a dash of Jay-Z hot sauce back then! But pls, do not put him on the same level as Mode9! Word play, metaphors, punchlines.... Abeg dem no dey compare sleep & death, biko!! grin
Where Mode9 self dey?,,,,I sure say the guy done japa from Nigeria,, it's been like 15 years I heard from him last,,, cheesy
M.I in my opinion have been more relevant than him for more than 15 years now..

6 Likes

Re: The Consistency Of Nigerian Hip-hop Revivalist, MI Abaga (a.k.a The Guy) by Daddyyin: 10:14am On Aug 23, 2022
Sucre6:

Lols, so Olamide is a rapper, ? grin
Chai u don't know sh!t about the game then.

Top 5 prolific rappers in Nigeria included.

1. Mode 9
2. MI abaga
3. Vector the Viper
4. J.R (underground Rapper)
5. Maybe phyno

Which Phyno? His audience are just Igbo. He’s not among the top. Maybe number of his tribe.
Re: The Consistency Of Nigerian Hip-hop Revivalist, MI Abaga (a.k.a The Guy) by Daddyyin: 10:16am On Aug 23, 2022
DEEBOZZ:
If MI was Born in America he would been consider as one of the greatest lyricist of all time.
He is a good writer and finest rapper of all time

Lamba
Re: The Consistency Of Nigerian Hip-hop Revivalist, MI Abaga (a.k.a The Guy) by micxwell(m): 11:20am On Aug 23, 2022
OceanEye:
MI is not just the guy, but my guy.

His raps I love:

1.one naira fit waje
2. Anoti
3. 123 fit naeto c and Dagrin
4. Money slow to enter ( or something)
5. And recently The Guy
You don't like Safe ft Djinee, Dj Neptune ft Mi (123..) both remix and original

1 Like

Re: The Consistency Of Nigerian Hip-hop Revivalist, MI Abaga (a.k.a The Guy) by Sucre6: 11:24am On Aug 23, 2022
Daddyyin:

Which Phyno? His audience are just Igbo. He’s not among the top. Maybe number of his tribe.

That's why I said maybe
Re: The Consistency Of Nigerian Hip-hop Revivalist, MI Abaga (a.k.a The Guy) by Sucre6: 11:27am On Aug 23, 2022
olisaEze:
What M.I aka Mr. Incredible did for the Naija hip hop scene is akin to what Tuface Idibia did for the Nigerian music industry. Dude was like our very own Kanye & T.I with a dash of Jay-Z hot sauce back then! But pls, do not put him on the same level as Mode9! Word play, metaphors, punchlines.... Abeg dem no dey compare sleep & death, biko!! grin

Mode 9 is a legend, for those that understood the game, in my own opinion, no Nigerian Rap act can be compared to him

5 Likes

Re: The Consistency Of Nigerian Hip-hop Revivalist, MI Abaga (a.k.a The Guy) by 3phase(m): 11:28am On Aug 23, 2022
Miyachi:
I rather think he has lost a lot of relevance. I can still remember how popular he was around the 07-08 era, he was like a rap god.
And he is still the rap god
Re: The Consistency Of Nigerian Hip-hop Revivalist, MI Abaga (a.k.a The Guy) by Impregnable101: 11:32am On Aug 23, 2022
Westchester:
young Man, I've been listening to rap music since the 90's and i can tell you that Mr incredible is the most talented rapper in the history of rap music in Africa.

1 Like

Re: The Consistency Of Nigerian Hip-hop Revivalist, MI Abaga (a.k.a The Guy) by jagorinho: 12:32pm On Aug 23, 2022
Mode 9 is the rap god, M.I is next.

1 Like

Re: The Consistency Of Nigerian Hip-hop Revivalist, MI Abaga (a.k.a The Guy) by OceanEye: 12:43pm On Aug 23, 2022
micxwell:

You don't like Safe ft Djinee, Dj Neptune ft Mi (123..) both remix and original

Sure I like those music also.. It only happened I forgot there title

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Eagle FM Abuja On Fire (Pictures, Video) / Zlatan – 'Yeye Boyfriend' (Video) / Kizz Daniel, Davido - Twe Twe (Official Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.