Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,164,857 members, 7,859,019 topics. Date: Thursday, 13 June 2024 at 06:23 AM

US Governor Declares August 13 As Igbo Day - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / US Governor Declares August 13 As Igbo Day (1407 Views)

Tribunal Sacks Kabir Yusuf As Kano Governor, Declares APC's Gawuna Winner / Number Of Supreme Court Justices Drops To 13 As Abdu Aboki Retires / Wike: We Can’t Accept Expired Rice, Hunger Won’t Kill Us - Governor Tells FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

US Governor Declares August 13 As Igbo Day by Okobola146: 5:49pm On Aug 22, 2022
Governor Tim Walz of Minnesota, United States of America, has proclaimed August 13 of every year to mark Igbo day.

The proclamation of Igbo Day was contained in document signed by the governor and the secretary of State of Minnesota.

The proclamation document of Igbo Day states:

“Whereas The Igbos are one of the major ethnic groups in Nigeria; and

“Whereas there are thousands of Igbo residents in Minnesota, some of whom have lived in the State for more than forty-five years; and

“Whereas in 1985, Igbo Minnesotans formed the non profit organisation Umunne Cultural Association to unite and educate Igbo families and Minnesotans about Igbo culture, art, music and values; and

“Whereas first IgboFest was held in 1994 to celebrate the rich heritage of the Igbos and to educate Minnesotans about Igbo culture, and whereas Igbos in Minnesota have been involved in causes such as education, the arts, volunteering in local local schools and organisations, book drives, COVID-19 vaccination, and cultural perfomamces at local and international festivals, and

“Whereas Igbos in Minnesota are working to ensure the sustainability of Igbo culture by creating cultural awareness for the next generation.

“Now therefore, I Tim Walz, governor of Minnesot, do hereby proclaim August 13, 2022, Igbo Day.”

https://eyewitnessngr.com/us-governor-declares-august-13-as-igbo-day/

3 Likes

Re: US Governor Declares August 13 As Igbo Day by DispatcherLagos: 5:50pm On Aug 22, 2022
I love being igbo.
In my next life, I want to be igbo

9 Likes

Re: US Governor Declares August 13 As Igbo Day by Tunjitos: 5:51pm On Aug 22, 2022
grin
Re: US Governor Declares August 13 As Igbo Day by Ebubu: 5:51pm On Aug 22, 2022
grin

Igbo amaka

Proudly Igbo!

2 Likes

Re: US Governor Declares August 13 As Igbo Day by Racoon(m): 5:51pm On Aug 22, 2022
Ndi Chineke goziri agozi. Ndi ma ihe. Umu Chineke them. Ka Chineke ne egbucham anyi ofoma ofoma. Umu ekwensu gbafuo na side anyi. Igbo kwenu! For the non-igbo speakers, this is how we roll.

7 Likes

Re: US Governor Declares August 13 As Igbo Day by Ebubu: 5:52pm On Aug 22, 2022
Igbos let’s go and develop Minnesota.

1 Like

Re: US Governor Declares August 13 As Igbo Day by obyrich(m): 5:52pm On Aug 22, 2022
Welldone
Re: US Governor Declares August 13 As Igbo Day by mumumugu(m): 6:04pm On Aug 22, 2022
Congratulations
Re: US Governor Declares August 13 As Igbo Day by SmartPolician: 6:06pm On Aug 22, 2022
You have to give it to the West; these guys are very liberal. We often accuse the White man of being a racist forgetting that we are killing ourselves with tribalism here.

If the black man had the opportunity white man had, the white man would still be in slavery today. Nigeria and Africans need to love one another. Loving oneself starts with seeing your fellow countrymen as humans first before their tribe. God bless America!

2 Likes

Re: US Governor Declares August 13 As Igbo Day by GardenOfGod(m): 6:07pm On Aug 22, 2022
A welcome development... Though am not Igbo.
Re: US Governor Declares August 13 As Igbo Day by warripekin(m): 6:09pm On Aug 22, 2022
Igbo people everywhere. Even in the outer space ,so long theirs life there, he must be an igbo man. Fearless people. Igbo amaka

3 Likes

Re: US Governor Declares August 13 As Igbo Day by Okobola146: 6:10pm On Aug 22, 2022
Mynd44 where are you from? Please answer me, there is something I want to tell you
Re: US Governor Declares August 13 As Igbo Day by johnmartus(m): 6:11pm On Aug 22, 2022
This is an achievement too?
Ebubu:
grin

Igbo amaka

Proudly Igbo!
Re: US Governor Declares August 13 As Igbo Day by Qtrpst4: 6:14pm On Aug 22, 2022
You will never see him here because it's about the tribe he loves to hate

Okobola146:
Mynd44 where are you from? Please answer me, there is something I want to tell you

1 Like

Re: US Governor Declares August 13 As Igbo Day by Qtrpst4: 6:14pm On Aug 22, 2022
No it is not, abdulmaruff my fellow yeloba Moslem the ewedu guzzling, headslamming skull miner

johnmartus:
This is an achievement too?

1 Like

Re: US Governor Declares August 13 As Igbo Day by johnmartus(m): 6:16pm On Aug 22, 2022
Do you have shame I doubt that.
Qtrpst4:
No it is not, skull miner

Re: US Governor Declares August 13 As Igbo Day by Qtrpst4: 6:17pm On Aug 22, 2022
If you had shame, you won't be supporting a senile old peeing man to take charge of your destiny because he is from your tribe

johnmartus:
Do you have shame I doubt that.
Re: US Governor Declares August 13 As Igbo Day by Okobola146: 6:29pm On Aug 22, 2022
Qtrpst4:
You will never see him here because it's about the tribe he loves to hate

are you serious? shocked shocked shocked
Re: US Governor Declares August 13 As Igbo Day by Nobody: 6:34pm On Aug 22, 2022
Nigerians hate themselves, fools they are, all of them
Re: US Governor Declares August 13 As Igbo Day by NaijaRoyalty(m): 6:37pm On Aug 22, 2022
I am Yoruba but let me rejoice with my Igbo brothers

4 Likes

Re: US Governor Declares August 13 As Igbo Day by Okobola146: 6:43pm On Aug 22, 2022
NaijaRoyalty:
I am Yoruba but let me rejoice with my Igbo brothers
especially with that your babe Amaka Okoye
Re: US Governor Declares August 13 As Igbo Day by Princessogaraya(f): 6:47pm On Aug 22, 2022
I love been Ada igbo
Re: US Governor Declares August 13 As Igbo Day by Igbodicool(m): 6:58pm On Aug 22, 2022
IGBO to the world!

Because they can't measure up to Igbo, they resort to hating.
Re: US Governor Declares August 13 As Igbo Day by GoooodHardDick: 7:00pm On Aug 22, 2022
Tinubu urchins will soon start wailing. They'll soon call the US governor an ipob.

Tinubu urchins are really senseless I swear.
Re: US Governor Declares August 13 As Igbo Day by Psychokinetic: 7:02pm On Aug 22, 2022
Qtrpst4:
No it is not, abdulmaruff my fellow yeloba Moslem the ewedu guzzling, headslamming skull miner

Lol… Abeg nor dey spoil Naruto Uzumaki for me angry
Re: US Governor Declares August 13 As Igbo Day by Qtrpst4: 7:05pm On Aug 22, 2022
You think sey I dey lie? Ask nah

Okobola146:
are you serious? shocked shocked shocked
Re: US Governor Declares August 13 As Igbo Day by Okobola146: 7:07pm On Aug 22, 2022
Qtrpst4:
You think sey I dey lie? Ask nah

seun must hear this

Re: US Governor Declares August 13 As Igbo Day by Karemarealty288(m): 7:07pm On Aug 22, 2022
Haters.....where act thou...no sleep 2nite

Re: US Governor Declares August 13 As Igbo Day by temitope27(m): 7:15pm On Aug 22, 2022
Ebubu:
grin

Igbo amaka

Proudly Igbo!
u be mumu,I swear

Even there is Wizkid day in a state in usa
Re: US Governor Declares August 13 As Igbo Day by temitope27(m): 7:17pm On Aug 22, 2022
SmartPolician:
You have to give it to the West; these guys are very liberal. We often accuse the White man of being a racist forgetting that we are killing ourselves with tribalism here.

If the black man had the opportunity white man had, the white man would still be in slavery today. Nigeria and Africans need to love one another. Loving oneself starts with seeing your fellow countrymen as humans first before their tribe. God bless America!
they ve done terrible things to us long time ago, so they are trying to correct themselves now
Re: US Governor Declares August 13 As Igbo Day by temitope27(m): 7:18pm On Aug 22, 2022
Okobola146:
what development has it brought to the yeast or to emeka in the village
Re: US Governor Declares August 13 As Igbo Day by SmartPolician: 7:18pm On Aug 22, 2022
temitope27:
they ve done terrible things to us long time ago, so they are trying to correct themselves now

So, what about the ones we are doing to ourselves?

When are we going to correct them?

Perhaps when pigs develop wings and fly?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Reno Omokri: Peter Obi Stooge Owns ANAP That Conducted The Poll / Popular Obi Supporter And Pro Biafra Agitator Suspended On Twitter. (photo) / ‘The Most Greedy People In Nigeria Are Domicile In APC’ – Peter Obi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.