Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,064 members, 7,810,967 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:41 PM

World's Most Powerful Telescope Reveals Incredible New View Of Jupiter (Pics) - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / World's Most Powerful Telescope Reveals Incredible New View Of Jupiter (Pics) (50923 Views)

LATEST:- WhatsApp New View Once Feature Hack (Unlimited Views) / Jupiter And Saturn's Rare Great Conjunction Captured Across The World (Photos) / Venus Jupiter Conjunction 2017: The Planets Will Rise As One On Monday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

World's Most Powerful Telescope Reveals Incredible New View Of Jupiter (Pics) by Nobody: 2:59am On Aug 23, 2022
Even scientists didn't expect Webb telescope images of Jupiter to be this good

The gas giant has 79 moons and is known as the 'king of the planets'.

Rainbow auroras, giant storms and far-off galaxies are all on display in the latest images of Jupiter from NASA's James Webb Space Telescope.

"We hadn't really expected it to be this good, to be honest," said planetary astronomer Imke de Pater, professor emerita at the University of California, Berkeley, in a news release.

De Pater and Thierry Fouchet, a professor at the Paris Observatory, led observations of the largest planet in our solar system using the Webb telescope -- which is itself an international endeavor by NASA with the European Space Agency and Canadian Space Agency, NASA said.

Painting a picture that moves from orange and yellow at Jupiter's poles to blues and purples toward the center, several images from the telescope came together to form an overall composite and give Earth a look at the gas giant.

You can also see faint rings and far off galaxies "photobombing" in the background, according to NASA.

And Jupiter's famous Great Red Spot -- a storm big enough to engulf Earth -- appears white in these images.

"The numerous bright white 'spots' and 'streaks' are likely very high-altitude cloud tops of condensed convective storms," said Heidi Hammel, Webb interdisciplinary scientist for solar system observations and vice president for science at the Association of Universities for Research in Astronomy.

Scientists collaborated with citizen scientist Judy Schmidt to translate data to form the composite images from the telescope, which help give a better look into Jupiter's life, NASA said.

Jupiter is hard to translate into images because of how quickly it rotates, said Schmidt, who's based in Modesto, California.

"This one image sums up the science of our Jupiter system program, which studies the dynamics and chemistry of Jupiter itself, its rings, and its satellite system," Fouchet said.
Source: https://edition.cnn.com/2022/08/22/world/jupiter-images-webb-telescope-nasa-scn/index.html

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: World's Most Powerful Telescope Reveals Incredible New View Of Jupiter (Pics) by Staphylococcus: 3:36am On Aug 23, 2022
Wow!

Beautiful!

The perfection of Gods creations is breathtaking!

OP! Add "Snake" or "Big Brother Nigeria" to topic, it will hit front page.

190 Likes 15 Shares

Re: World's Most Powerful Telescope Reveals Incredible New View Of Jupiter (Pics) by DispatcherLagos: 3:51am On Aug 23, 2022
Is righteousness, Holiness etc now in heaven? I don't see his posts and comments any more

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: World's Most Powerful Telescope Reveals Incredible New View Of Jupiter (Pics) by OSUigboFlatHead(f): 4:18am On Aug 23, 2022
DispatcherLagos:
Is righteousness, Holiness etc now in heaven? I don't see his posts and comments any more
The ignoramus is asleep.

32 Likes 5 Shares

Re: World's Most Powerful Telescope Reveals Incredible New View Of Jupiter (Pics) by beylinko02: 4:43am On Aug 23, 2022
Who says God does not EXIST.

The BABA Himself, the creator of the universe. I Twale you!

Still in doubt? Take off the shades and look around you, you will see the beauty of His splendor.

208 Likes 20 Shares

Re: World's Most Powerful Telescope Reveals Incredible New View Of Jupiter (Pics) by kumulus(m): 5:22am On Aug 23, 2022
What’s happening at the poles?

1 Like

Re: World's Most Powerful Telescope Reveals Incredible New View Of Jupiter (Pics) by internationalman(m): 5:44am On Aug 23, 2022
These white people especially the Americans keep enjoying and exploring God's through their own brilliant man made creation while we in Africa can't even have full dominion over God's creation like he wants.

I don't think God created us equally.

53 Likes 4 Shares

Re: World's Most Powerful Telescope Reveals Incredible New View Of Jupiter (Pics) by tillaman(m): 6:08am On Aug 23, 2022
angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: World's Most Powerful Telescope Reveals Incredible New View Of Jupiter (Pics) by Cozbymaster97(m): 6:26am On Aug 23, 2022
America everywhere
War na them
Science na them
This and that
Okay the last empire continue!

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: World's Most Powerful Telescope Reveals Incredible New View Of Jupiter (Pics) by BeanmanX(m): 6:38am On Aug 23, 2022
internationalman:
These white people especially the Americans keep enjoying and exploring God's through their own brilliant man made creation while we in Africa can't even have full dominion over God's creation like he wants.

I don't think God created us equally.
All what black knows is wickedness,,,very backward race..

69 Likes 5 Shares

Re: World's Most Powerful Telescope Reveals Incredible New View Of Jupiter (Pics) by Evretoi: 7:34am On Aug 23, 2022
It is well.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: World's Most Powerful Telescope Reveals Incredible New View Of Jupiter (Pics) by BigDawsNet: 8:23am On Aug 23, 2022
I believe there is another life form somewher in our universe

They are created I'm Gods image just like us...
I believe they hav discover our planet... but it's billions light year away... so no way to reach ourselves...

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: World's Most Powerful Telescope Reveals Incredible New View Of Jupiter (Pics) by SouthSouth1914: 8:26am On Aug 23, 2022
BigDawsNet:
I believe there is another life form somewher in our universe

They are created I'm Gods image just like us...
I believe they hav discover our planet... but it's billions light year away... so no way to reach ourselves...

Yeah! If you watch HISTORY channel on DSTV you’d understand that there is strong possibility for this! The program “Alien life” is quite expository

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: World's Most Powerful Telescope Reveals Incredible New View Of Jupiter (Pics) by BigDawsNet: 8:32am On Aug 23, 2022
SouthSouth1914:

Yeah! If you watch HISTORY channel on DSTV you’d understand that there is strong possibility for this! The program “Alien life” is quite expository

Not even talking about Aliens... I know they are real.. there are lot of evidence out there...

I believe we have people just like us.. share same similarities like us and are living somewhere now...

God created heaven and earth...

MAY BE our own planet is Earth 13

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: World's Most Powerful Telescope Reveals Incredible New View Of Jupiter (Pics) by LordIsaac(m): 9:00am On Aug 23, 2022
DispatcherLagos:
Let me aid his ministry grin

Wow...this is how amazed we will be when we see what is yet to be seen in heaven. You can't afford to miss it. Give your life to Christ today!

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: World's Most Powerful Telescope Reveals Incredible New View Of Jupiter (Pics) by SouthSouth1914: 9:08am On Aug 23, 2022
BigDawsNet:

Not even talking about Aliens... I know they are real.. there are lot of evidence out there...

I believe we have people just like us.. share same similarities like us and are living somewhere now...

Okay! Here is a little trick-

When George Washington first assumed office, the American template on democracy is built on “Reason” instead of “Religion”. Reason in the sense that all their actions and inactions are not attributed to Religion, this helped them advanced in terms of research and other areas!

In our present day, most scientists especially from overseas do not believe in God or a higher power nor any being. Hence they refer to anything not understandable by science as extraterrestrial or alien beings (Not God Almighty).

Their decisions are based purely on research and data! Not RELIGION or personal feelings etc!

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: World's Most Powerful Telescope Reveals Incredible New View Of Jupiter (Pics) by BigDawsNet: 10:20am On Aug 23, 2022
SouthSouth1914:

Okay! Here is a little trick-

When George Washington first assumed office, the American template on democracy is built on “Reason” instead of “Religion”. Reason in the sense that all their actions and inactions are not attributed to Religion, this helped them advanced in terms of research and other areas!

In our present day, most scientists especially from overseas do not believe in God or a higher power nor any being. Hence they refer to anything not understandable by science as extraterrestrial or alien beings (Not God Almighty).

Their decisions are based purely on research and data! Not RELIGION or personal feelings etc!

It may not be in our millennium but I know if the world still exists... we will connect with the outside world someday

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: World's Most Powerful Telescope Reveals Incredible New View Of Jupiter (Pics) by Oberhiri141(m): 10:43am On Aug 23, 2022
Up till now, i still wonder and ponder what happens when we die. This question keeps hiting my mind every single time

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: World's Most Powerful Telescope Reveals Incredible New View Of Jupiter (Pics) by ZombieBurster: 10:44am On Aug 23, 2022
Choi
Re: World's Most Powerful Telescope Reveals Incredible New View Of Jupiter (Pics) by Englishisamust: 10:51am On Aug 23, 2022
Oberhiri141:
Up till now, i still wonder and ponder what happens when we die. This question keeps hiting my mind every single time

God will create you again. And you will be thrown to Afghanistan

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: World's Most Powerful Telescope Reveals Incredible New View Of Jupiter (Pics) by Idonweak: 10:53am On Aug 23, 2022
BigDawsNet:

angry

Oga ade! Even if they look like us. They're still called aliens. Some many rubbish man dey read on nairaland everyday from semi illiterate people

4 Likes

Re: World's Most Powerful Telescope Reveals Incredible New View Of Jupiter (Pics) by KingMack(m): 11:29am On Aug 23, 2022
DispatcherLagos:

you no go let sleeping dog lie abi undecided

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: World's Most Powerful Telescope Reveals Incredible New View Of Jupiter (Pics) by Righteousness2(m): 1:42pm On Aug 23, 2022
The Scientists are only Privileged to witness a bit of what the ANCIENT of DAYS allows them to see.

The Beauty of Heaven is unexplainable, Undescribeable, Unquantifiable, Unmeasurable and unfathomable.

Eyes have not seen! Ears have not Heard What GOD has in store for us in Heaven .

Brothers and Sisters, whatever will make u Miss Heaven , Destroy it, fling it away , do away it. Nothing on earth compares to what GOD has in store for us over there.
Don't miss Heaven for anything or anyone.

55 Likes 8 Shares

Re: World's Most Powerful Telescope Reveals Incredible New View Of Jupiter (Pics) by Nukilia: 3:14pm On Aug 23, 2022
DispatcherLagos:

I believe he's on a trip to the garden of Eden

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: World's Most Powerful Telescope Reveals Incredible New View Of Jupiter (Pics) by sofeo(m): 3:38pm On Aug 23, 2022
God is Great!

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: World's Most Powerful Telescope Reveals Incredible New View Of Jupiter (Pics) by Zetty177x: 3:38pm On Aug 23, 2022
See Oyibos, exploring everything...they are beyond the stage of one man or tribe holding their resources. They are even looking for another planet to migrate to if possible .. but we are here supporting irrelevanties- Emilokan, atikulated , etc ..while oyibos don leave us behind

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: World's Most Powerful Telescope Reveals Incredible New View Of Jupiter (Pics) by Arinzor: 3:39pm On Aug 23, 2022
Hmmm
Re: World's Most Powerful Telescope Reveals Incredible New View Of Jupiter (Pics) by UselessBuharist: 3:39pm On Aug 23, 2022
Na Oyinbo go touch wetin go ne this world
Re: World's Most Powerful Telescope Reveals Incredible New View Of Jupiter (Pics) by mustbewell: 3:39pm On Aug 23, 2022
Furnished
Re: World's Most Powerful Telescope Reveals Incredible New View Of Jupiter (Pics) by candidbabe(f): 3:39pm On Aug 23, 2022
tongue tongue[img][/img][img][/img]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

‘Next-Generation’ Wearable Tech Turns Your Body Heat Into Electricity (Photos) / African Zoo Parades Donkey As Zebra After Painting It In Black And White Colours / Python Trapped At A Man's Fence In Warri, Delta State. Shocking Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.