Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,246 members, 7,825,942 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 07:03 AM

The Quran Or The Bible,which Is God's Word? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Quran Or The Bible,which Is God's Word? (7390 Views)

Another Error Of Quran Or Muhammed / There Are 3 Kinds Of Heaven As Described In The Bible. Which One Applies To You / Who Was Abraham's Father? Azar (Quran) Or Terah (Bible)? Which Is Right? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Quran Or The Bible,which Is God's Word? by Hassanamed: 10:38am On Oct 18, 2013
The acount of d prophet SWE, in d hadit is corect becos d qu'ran has bin able 2 prov it self as we wul c; Is there any part in bible dat teaches how 2 fight 4 God? No!, which religion is d world scared of? Islam! Prophet muhammed tought us hw to kil our enemy, an we ar very hapy wit our qu'ran.
Re: The Quran Or The Bible,which Is God's Word? by truthman2012(m): 11:11am On Oct 18, 2013
Re: The Quran Or The Bible,which Is God's Word? by truthman2012(m): 11:14am On Oct 18, 2013
Those who believe the quran as the word of God are those who are not spiritually sound and lack the knowledge of how the Devil operates. One could have a degree in religious education but yet lack the knowledge of the true identity of Satan.

The manner the quran was revealed was inconsistent with how God do speak to His prophets:

Nuumber 1

Narrated 'Aisha:
The commencement of the Divine Inspiration to Allah's Apostle was in the form of good righteous (true) dreams in his sleep. He never had a dream but that it came true like bright day light. He used to go in seclusion (the cave of) Hira where he used to worship(Allah Alone) continuously for many (days) nights. He used to take with him the journey food for that (stay) and then come back to (his wife) Khadija to take his food like-wise again for another period to stay, till suddenly the Truth descended upon him while he was in the cave of Hira. The angel came to him in it and asked him to read. The Prophet replied, "I do not know how to read." (The Prophet added), "The angel caught me (FORCEFULLY) AND PRESSED ME SO HARD THAT I COULD NOT BEAR IT ANY MORE. He then released me and again asked me to read, and I replied, "I do not know how to read," WHEREUPON HE CAUGHT ME AGAIN AND PRESSED ME THE SECOND TIME TILL I COULD NOT BEAR IT ANYMORE. [/b]He then released me and asked me again to read, but again I replied, "I do not know how to read (or, what shall I read?)." THEREUPON HE CAUGHT ME FOR THE THIRD TIME AND PRESSED ME and then released me and said, "Read: In the Name of your Lord, Who has created (all that exists). Has created man from a clot. Read and Your Lord is Most Generous...up to..... ..that which he knew not." (96.15). [b]Sahih Bukhari Volume 9, Book 87, Number 111.

We can see that Gabriel tortured Muhammad thrice for his inability to do what he was incapable of doing. The true God will never torture any of His prophets to be sent good tidings as it happened to Muhammad.

Number 2.

Muhammad's manner of receiving the quranic revelations shows it could not be from the true God:

Narrated 'Aisha: (the mother of the faithful believers)
Al-Harith bin Hisham asked Allah's Apostle "O Allah's Apostle! How is the Divine Inspiration revealed to you?" Allah's Apostle replied, "Sometimes it is (revealed) like the ringing of a bell, this form of Inspiration is the hardest of all and then this state passes ' off after I have grasped what is inspired. Sometimes the Angel comes in the form of a man and talks to me and I grasp whatever he says." 'Aisha added: Verily I saw the Prophet being inspired Divinely on a very cold day and noticed the Sweat dropping from his forehead (as the Inspiration was over). Sahih Al-Bukhari: Volume 1, Book 1, Number 2:

There is no hard way of receiving God's true revelations.

Narrated Said bin Jubair:
Ibn 'Abbas in the explanation of the Statement of Allah. 'Move not your tongue concerning (the Quran) to make haste therewith." (75.16) Said "Allah's Apostle used to bear the revelation with great trouble and used to move his lips (quickly) with the Inspiration." Ibn 'Abbas moved his lips saying, "I am moving my lips in front of you as Allah's Apostle used to move his." Said moved his lips saying: "I am moving my lips, as I saw Ibn 'Abbas moving his." Ibn 'Abbas added, "So Allah revealed 'Move not your tongue concerning (the Qur'an) to make haste therewith. It is for us to collect it and to give you (O Muhammad) the ability to recite it (the Qur'an) (75.16-17) which means that Allah will make him (the Prophet ) remember the portion of the Qur'an which was revealed at that time by heart and recite it. The Statement of Allah: And 'When we have recited it to you (O Muhammad through Gabriel) then you follow its (Qur'an) recital' (75.18) means 'listen to it and be silent.' Then it is for Us (Allah) to make It clear to you' (75.19) means 'Then it is (for Allah) to make you recite it (and its meaning will be clear by itself through your tongue). Afterwards, Allah's Apostle used to listen to Gabriel whenever he came and after his departure he used to recite it as Gabriel had recited it." Sahih Al-Bukhari: Volume 1, Book 1, Number 4:

None of God's true prophets was receiving revelations with GREAT TROUBLE.

Narrated Safwan bin Ya'la bin Umaiya from his father who said:
"A man came to the Prophet while he was at Ji'rana. The man was wearing a cloak which had traces of Khaluq or Sufra (a kind of perfume). The man asked (the Prophet), 'What do you order me to perform in my 'Umra?' So, Allah inspired the Prophet divinely and he was screened by a place of cloth. I wished to see the Prophet being divinely inspired. 'Umar said to me, 'Come! Will you be pleased to look at the Prophet while Allah is inspiring him?' I replied in the affirmative. 'Umar lifted one corner of the cloth and I looked at the Prophet who was snoring. (The sub-narrator thought that he said: The snoring was like that of a camel). When that state was over, the Prophet asked, "Where is the questioner who asked about 'Umra? Put off your cloak and wash away the traces of Khaluq from your body and clean the Sufra (yellow color) and perform in your Umra what you perform in your Hajj (i.e. the Tawaf round the Ka'ba and the Sa'i between Safa and Marwa). " Sahih Al-Bukhari: Volume 3, Book 27, Number 17

God's prophets didn't deep sleep ands snore like camel to receive God's revelations.

Narrated Jabir bin 'Abdullah:
When the Ka'ba was rebuilt, the Prophet and 'Abbas went to carry stones. 'Abbas said to the Prophet "(Take off and) put your waist sheet over your neck so that the stones may not hurt you." (But as soon as he took off his waist sheet) he fell unconscious on the ground with both his eyes towards the sky. When he came to his senses, he said, "My waist sheet! My waist sheet!" Then he tied his waist sheet (round his waist). Sahih Al-Bukhari: Volume 5, Book 58, Number 170:

God does not speak to His prophets when they were unconscious. They hear God's words live and declare it to the people.

In conclusion, going by the way the quran was revealed and the worship of allah the same way pagans were doing before islam, it is evidently clear that quran is not the word of the true God.
Re: The Quran Or The Bible,which Is God's Word? by joezakdeen(m): 3:58am On Jul 11, 2014
Answer: The question of which
(if any) religious text is the true
word of God is of utmost
importance. To avoid circular
reasoning, the first question we
must ask is: how would we
know if God communicated in
the first place? Well, God would
have to communicate in a
manner that people could
understand, but that also means
that people could make up their
own messages and simply claim
that they came from God. So, it
seems reasonable to think that if
God wanted to authenticate His
communication He would have to
verify it in a manner that could
not be duplicated by mere
humans - in other words, by
miracles. This narrows the field
considerably.
Beyond the evidence for the
Bible's correctness (manuscript
evidence) and its historicity
(archeological evidence), the
most important evidence is that
of its inspiration. The real
determination of the Bible's claim
to absolute inspired truth is in its
supernatural evidence, including
prophecy. God used prophets to
speak and write down His Word
and God uses miracles like
fulfilled prophecy to authenticate
His messengers. For example, in
Genesis 12:7, God promises that
the land of Israel was to be for
Abraham and his descendants. In
1948 Israel was returned back to
the Jewish people for the second
time in history. This may not
seem so astonishing until you
realize that no nation in the
history of the world has been
scattered from its homeland and
returned! Israel has done it
twice. The book of Daniel
predicts with accuracy the
coming of the four great
kingdoms from Babylon, to
Medo-Persia, to Greece, to Rome
centuries before some of those
kingdoms came on the scene (a
time span of over 1,000 years!)
with details concerning how they
would rule and be broken. This
includes the reigns of Alexander
the Great and Antiochus
Epiphanies.
In Ezekiel 26 we can see in
astonishing detail how the city of
Tyre was to be destroyed, how it
would be torn down, and how
its debris would be thrown into
the sea. When Alexander the
Great marched on that area, he
encountered a group of people
holed up in a tower on an island
off the coast near there. He could
not cross the sea, so he could not
fight those in the tower. Rather
than wait them out, the proud
conqueror had his army throw
stones into the sea to build a
land bridge to the tower. It
worked. His army crossed the sea
and overthrew the occupants of
the stronghold. But where did he
get so much stone? The rocks
that were used for the land
bridge were the leftover rubble
from the city of Tyre . . . its stones
cast into the sea!
There are so many prophecies
concerning Christ (over 270!)
that it would take more than a
few screens worth of space to
list them all. Further, Jesus would
have had no control over many
of them such as His birthplace or
time of birth. Second, the odds of
one man accidentally fulfilling
even 16 of these are 1 in 10^45.
How many is that? For
comparison, there are less than
10^82 atoms in the entire
universe! And Jesus, who
affirmed the Bible as the Word of
God, proved His reliability and
deity by His resurrection (an
historical fact not easily ignored).
Now consider the Quran - its
author, Muhammad, performed
no miracles to back up his
message (even when he was
asked to by his followers - Sura
17:91-95; 29:47-51). Only in
much later tradition (the Hadith)
do any alleged miracles even
show up and these are all quite
fanciful (like Muhammad cutting
the moon in half) and have zero
reliable testimony to back them
up. Further, the Quran makes
clear historical errors. Muslims
believe the Bible is inspired but
with some errors from editing
(Sura 2:136 as well as Suras 13,
16, 17, 20, 21, 23, 25). The
question they cannot adequately
answer is: "When was the Bible
corrupted?" If they say before
600 A.D. then how can the Quran
admonish believers to read it? If
they claim it was after 600 A.D.,
then they have jumped out of the
frying pan and into the fire, for
we have absolutely no doubt as
to the accuracy of biblical
manuscripts from at least the 3rd
century forward. Even if
Christianity were false, the Quran
still has an insurmountable
problem because it makes
judgments against Christians for
believing things that they do not
(nor have they ever) believed. For
example, the Quran teaches that
Christians believe the Trinity is
the Father, the Mother (Mary),
and the Son (Sura 5:73-75, 116),
and the Quran also teaches that
Christians believe that God had
sex with Mary to have a son
(Suras 2:116; 6:100-101; 10:68;
16:57; 19:35; 23:91;
37:149-151; 43:16-19). If the
Quran is really from God, then it
should at least be able to
accurately report what Christians
believe.
Joseph Smith, the author of the
Book of Mormon, tried to do
some miracles such as prophecy
(a test for a true prophet in
Deuteronomy 18:21-22) but
failed several times. He foretold
of Christ's second coming in
History of the Church (HC) 2:382.
Joseph Smith preached that the
coming of the Lord would be in
56 years (about 1891). The
second coming did not occur in
1891, and the Mormon Church
does not claim that it did. Nor
has it occurred since. He also
prophesied that several cities
would be destroyed in Doctrine
and Covenants (D&C) 84:114-115.
New York, Albany and Boston
were to be destroyed if they
rejected the gospel according to
Smith. Joseph Smith himself went
to New York, Albany, and Boston
and preached there. These cities
did not accept his gospel, yet
they have not been destroyed.
Another famous false prophecy
of Joseph Smith was his "END OF
ALL NATIONS" in D&C 87
concerning the rebellion of South
Carolina in the war between the
states. The South was supposed
to call on Great Britain for aid,
and as a result war would be
poured out upon all nations;
slaves would revolt; the
inhabitants of the earth would
mourn; famine, plague,
earthquake, thunder, lightning,
and a full end of all nations
would result. The South finally
did revolt in 1861, but the slaves
did not rise up, war was not
poured out upon all nations,
there was no worldwide famine,
plague, earthquake, etc., and
there was no resulting "end of all
nations."
The collection of writings that
Protestants call the Apocrypha
(hidden writings), Roman
Catholics call the
deuterocanonical (later or
second canon) books. These
books were written between
300 B.C. and 100 A.D., the
Intertestamental Period between
the inspired writings of God's
Prophets in the Old Testament
and those of the Apostles and
their contemporaries in the New
Testament. These were "infallibly"
accepted into the Bible by the
Roman Catholic Church in 1546
at the Council of Trent. Now the
Apocrypha would be covered
under the evidence for the Bible
if these writings were truly
inspired - but evidence seems to
indicate that they are not. In the
Bible we find prophets of God
whose messages are ratified by
miracles or prophecy that comes
true, and whose message is
immediately accepted by the
people ( Deut 31:26; Josh. 24:26;
1 Samuel 10:25; Daniel 9:2; Col.
4:16; 2 Peter 3:15-16). What we
find in the apocrypha is just the
opposite - no apocryphal book
was written by a prophet. None
of these books were included in
the Hebrew Scriptures. There is
no ratification of the authors of
any apocryphal book. No
apocryphal book is cited as
authoritative by later Biblical
writers. There is no fulfilled
prophecy in any apocryphal
book. Finally, Jesus, who quoted
from every section of Old
Testament Scripture, never once
quoted from the apocrypha.
Neither did any of His disciples.
The Bible so far outshines every
competing source for being
God's revelation that if it is not
God's Word, it would seem
impossible to choose among the
leftovers. If the Bible is not God's
Word, then we have been left
with no clear criteria by which to
know what might be.
Re: The Quran Or The Bible,which Is God's Word? by truthman2012(m): 1:39pm On Jul 11, 2014
I strongly believe the quran cannot be the word of God. It is not a confirmation of the existing revelations before it and infact, it contradicts them.

Besides, it was only Muhammad who claimed he received the revelations without anyone receiving same, and to make matters worse, he had no miracles to prove his claim. So it is lacking evidence.
Re: The Quran Or The Bible,which Is God's Word? by Weah96: 3:18pm On Jul 11, 2014
plappville: The bible is the true and only word of God.
God's commands cannot be changed by any mere man who claime to be a prophet.
No book should be compared to the bible when it comes to Gods word.

So whose words are recorded in the Quran? You mean to tell me that the prophet Mohammed made up the whole story?
Re: The Quran Or The Bible,which Is God's Word? by Unbias: 8:37pm On Jul 11, 2014
Ahmed Deedat, the father of all liars.
Re: The Quran Or The Bible,which Is God's Word? by Unbias: 8:43pm On Jul 11, 2014
The quran is a hodge-podge of the Bible
Re: The Quran Or The Bible,which Is God's Word? by joezakdeen(m): 6:32pm On Jul 17, 2014
do u muslims knw the quran needs prove the bible b4 man can bliv it acordin to the quran? Buh unfortunately dere's non!
Re: The Quran Or The Bible,which Is God's Word? by joezakdeen(m): 6:36pm On Jul 17, 2014
the autenticity of the bible revealed in quran. Hahahaa...."And if thou wert in doubt as to
what We have revealed unto
thee, then ask those who have
been reading the book from
before thee..." (Surah 10, Yunus,
verse 94). God luv u. Neva b blind. Fr the blind can neva lead the blind. They will all fall in a pit as hypocrites.
Re: The Quran Or The Bible,which Is God's Word? by dekung(m): 7:34pm On Jul 17, 2014
It is quite interesting how either side is vehemently arguing that their holy book is the authentic declaration of the creator of the universe. However, one question I would love to ask is this. Who amongst all contributors here was there when the messages were being delivered such that they know without an iota of doubt that these were true words of God?
Lets even assume that the original texts were dictated by the creator (which to me is very unlikely), what is the guarantee that at least one scribe who was asked to rewrite a portion never made any typographical errors?
People just come and make assertions as if the writings were done in their presence.

As far as am concerned both books are religious books with no proof whatsoever but one the latter is a terribly twisted, falsified copy of the former.
Re: The Quran Or The Bible,which Is God's Word? by deezzle(m): 7:51am On Jul 18, 2014
None...both are work of some simpletons...Quran from an unlettered simpleton. Both are inaccurate exaggerations of local events (Noah flood and Egyptian plague) written by people who never knew about dinosaurs, microbiology, genetics and astronomy.

If those are the words of any god, then that god must be an idiot and deserves no worship but utter condemnation.
Re: The Quran Or The Bible,which Is God's Word? by joezakdeen(m): 10:34am On Jul 18, 2014
deezzle: None...both are work of some simpletons...Quran from an unlettered simpleton. Both are inaccurate exaggerations of local events (Noah flood and Egyptian plague) written by people who never knew about dinosaurs, microbiology, genetics and astronomy.

If those are the words of any god, then that god must be an idiot and deserves no worship but utter condemnation.
we hv eva had ur type of
being in d past so no new. D
lives of nebuchardnezzer,
pharoah, amin, major nuhuli
who out of deir smal
knowledge nd wealth tot d
world was for dem. At d end,
som turned into animals nd
thereof. I'm imagining the
type of animal u wil turn wen
the anger of the Almighty
coms on u. Bliv it or not, God
is God nd there's non like Him.
pity urself ccos u hv life dou
buh u wil neva xperience
eternal life if u dont repent
out of ur arogance. God wil
bring u down dat day. Neva
mind cos there wil b indeed
knashing of teeth wid no
rescue. Buh i pray dat God
forgivs u because He is a
merciful God since u r
speaking out of ignorance.
Sory fr dat. God always reveals the truth.
Re: The Quran Or The Bible,which Is God's Word? by MichaelDprince: 12:03pm On Apr 09, 2015
The lord said,''my people are perishing for they lack knowledge''... Hope u all come to d light of your redeemer even JESUS CHRIST for mohammed cannot save himself talkless of u all... JESUS CHRIST d only name whereby man can b save and without him u can neva have d father... Hundreds of errors, contradiction, wrong teachings of quran loaded on my desk...
Re: The Quran Or The Bible,which Is God's Word? by SHARIAREPORTERS: 8:13am On Apr 14, 2015
Lol, laff at d OP ***ness
U compare d Holy BIBLE to ur koran/hadith?
Lol, koran/hadith if filmed will be compared to spartacus and gladiator or betterstill game of throne
A book(koran/hadith) contains soft porn and war stories of a mad man called muhamMAD?
Bro u better wake up

(1) (2) (Reply)

Happy Birthday To A Friend And A Brother - Johnydon22 / No Joke: I Ate Moin Moin With Group Of People In My Sleep / "Would You Dare To Remove A Charm Placed On Your Doorstep?"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.