Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,412 members, 7,836,660 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 11:10 AM

Home Schooling The Way To Go: Private Schools Now Charging Exorbitantly - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Home Schooling The Way To Go: Private Schools Now Charging Exorbitantly (35386 Views)

Don’t Reopen Schools Now - Biodun Ogunyemi, ASUU President Urges FG / Why Lagos Can’t Reopen Schools Now – Sanwo-olu / Don’t Reopen Schools Now, Lagos Parents Tell Govt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Home Schooling The Way To Go: Private Schools Now Charging Exorbitantly by LikeAking: 9:54am On Aug 25, 2022
lereinter:

You are comparing public schs in US and Europe to public schs in nigeria

You are a wicked person

How?

Nigerians just love where they pay more for less. We prefer P schools, that my point.
Re: Home Schooling The Way To Go: Private Schools Now Charging Exorbitantly by RepoMan007: 9:54am On Aug 25, 2022
Onewazobia:

The current ASUU leaders will not be there forever. You can imaging a first class graduate collect 90k as net salary per months when he/she knows better offer is out there outside classroom, if the education sector wants to attract best brains them its budget should be review
the pattern is there in advanced countries also. Industries pay more than schools.
Re: Home Schooling The Way To Go: Private Schools Now Charging Exorbitantly by Softmirror: 9:54am On Aug 25, 2022
AM BEGINNING TO THINK THAT ASIWAJU BOLA AHMED TINUBU MUST HAVE BEEN HOME SCHOOLED.

1 Like

Re: Home Schooling The Way To Go: Private Schools Now Charging Exorbitantly by Plutonium(m): 9:54am On Aug 25, 2022
3 kids should be by mistake. What are you doing with 4 kids? Na asset?

guobe:
3 to 4 kids is not too much.The private schools are ripping off parents because there is no Government in Nigeria.Nobody to regulate them.

1 Like

Re: Home Schooling The Way To Go: Private Schools Now Charging Exorbitantly by SeriouslySense(m): 9:54am On Aug 25, 2022
That's true, although i do remember there was a time one of my parent, created time to teach me, and i will not listen grin grin grin.

But i use to read the books my parent gave me to read, i was just afraid of them so it tends to make me not to listen, but on my own pace, i noticed i read the materials given to me. And it was not like they where not working, they used their time efficiently.

And at home, when i was taught, i listened to any family member that was friendly and was not very pushy. So there are many aspect of homeschooling, like effective time management, working with the personality of that child, creating a comfortable environment for the child, infact the conducts in home schooling also builds confidence and could teach some morals too, like patience, respect, confidence, the spirit of learning, i had fun reading on my own. smiley smiley smiley

Some children have fun by practical applications etc

ireneidiva:

Homeschool your kids because you have no job or hustle that will take you out everyday? Is it these nairalanders that cannot spell or speak properly that will teach their kids? You will still pay heavily for someone good to teach them.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Home Schooling The Way To Go: Private Schools Now Charging Exorbitantly by ibechris(m): 9:55am On Aug 25, 2022
guobe:
ASUU is fighting for their pocket.leave those people out of it.How will you keep students on the street for 5 months

What do u know about ASUU.

It is better to stay mute if u don't know what to say about the strike.

This fight started long ago...read about it before u conclude.

2 Likes

Re: Home Schooling The Way To Go: Private Schools Now Charging Exorbitantly by Secondly: 9:55am On Aug 25, 2022
jkpbestseries:
that is why ASUU is fighting for the survival of the Universities

You really think so?
Re: Home Schooling The Way To Go: Private Schools Now Charging Exorbitantly by lereinter(m): 9:55am On Aug 25, 2022
Onewazobia:

The current ASUU leaders will not be there forever. You can imaging a first class graduate collect 90k as net salary per months when he/she knows better offer is out there outside classroom, if the education sector wants to attract best brains them its budget should be review

Why are you how many places outside university do first class grad collect good money

Let the first class brain go there
Re: Home Schooling The Way To Go: Private Schools Now Charging Exorbitantly by Cmanforall: 9:56am On Aug 25, 2022
guobe:
The price can be regulated.Its just too much.There should be price control.
Lol at price control grin

You think this is petroleum product?
There are private schools that pay 1million and above in Lagos State.
It all depends on the parents to choose which one to send their children to.

Price control can work for government owned schools, not private.

1 Like

Re: Home Schooling The Way To Go: Private Schools Now Charging Exorbitantly by Nobody: 9:56am On Aug 25, 2022
harju007:

The worst part of it is that they only teach pure academy and ignore moral.
Education without moral is Zero

Why are you a parent?
Re: Home Schooling The Way To Go: Private Schools Now Charging Exorbitantly by Countersam(m): 9:57am On Aug 25, 2022
guobe:
3 to 4 kids is not too much.The private schools are ripping off parents because there is no Government in Nigeria.Nobody to regulate them.
the government has not finished regulating theirself..
Re: Home Schooling The Way To Go: Private Schools Now Charging Exorbitantly by Countersam(m): 9:57am On Aug 25, 2022
guobe:
the government that has not finished regulating theirself..
Re: Home Schooling The Way To Go: Private Schools Now Charging Exorbitantly by zikter(m): 9:58am On Aug 25, 2022
guobe:
ASUU is fighting for their pocket.leave those people out of it.How will you keep students on the street for 5 months
ASUU did not keep them on the street, government did. Why are you confused? The reason why the private schools are ripping off parents as you put it is because the public schools are nothing to write home about. And the singular reason is government negligence to public education. the guy you quoted is 100% right. At this rate, in the shortest time, you will come back crying that private universities are ripping up parents. The government universities will become like public primary and secondary schools.

4 Likes

Re: Home Schooling The Way To Go: Private Schools Now Charging Exorbitantly by anonimi: 10:00am On Aug 25, 2022
guobe:
Since Private Schools Are Now Charging Exorbitantly For Schooling The Way To Go

Most private schools are now charging exorbitantly for schooling. You can imagine telling a parent to bring 150,000 naira for just a kid in primary school.

What of parents that have 3 to 4 kids. How will they cope and they are public servants.

The way to go may now be home schooling as most parents have started adopting it.

Why do Africans who went to school and are supposed to be educated, end up being no different from their primitive relatives and friends?
What is stopping us from expecting local and state governments to provide free quality schools like Kings College and Queens College in Lagos, Government College in Ibadan etc?
That is why Tinubu who has failed woefully to at least maintain the standard of Awolowo and Jakande can aspire to be president with his Emilokan south west agenda (swaga) propaganda. 23 years of governance failures and looting fa.

Realdeals:
1. The first governor to present a billion Naira state budget in Nigeria.

2. He phased out the shift system in Lagos schools in three months. He built functional classrooms to absorb those who only attend schools for three hours a day.

3. He opened up what is now known as the Lekki Corridor.

4. He built the biggest Housing estate by a state government at Abesan, along with five other estates.

5. He built LASU, LACOED, LASPOTECH and Technical schools to absorb the products of the free education policy.

6 He built General Hospitals and Health centers in all the five divisions of Lagos. He also upgraded General Hospital Ikeja to the Medical arm of LASU.

7. He created the Agric hub at Oko Oba. He also created similar hubs in Ikorodu, Epe and Badagry.

8. His government’s strict adherence to the party manifesto of Free Education, Free Health care, Rural integration and Housing for all, along with other UPN governors, created the largest pool of human resources in Nigeria.

9. He moved the Lagos State Government Secretariat from PWD to Alausa, which he built from scratch. He also lived in his personal house and drove his personal car throughout his tenure.

Gani Kayode Balogun Jr

https://www.newsheadlines.com.ng/showtime-people/2019/07/24/jakande-90-9-achievements-of-alhaji-lateef-jakande-as-lagos-governor/

MathsChic:
Some days ago, I was at a secondary school in Surulere (across the bridge from the Island) in Lagos for a friend's event where he is educating secondary students about the perils of peer pressure. I honestly wasn't expecting what I saw as the state of this secondary school.
It left me wondering if this was a school or a dump yard. Why in heaven's name are Nigerian leaders looking the other way while the young ones study in this sorry environment?

The attached pictures are what I saw. This is no secondary school. It's a hopeless shanty. I hope this gets to front page and attracts the necessary attention.

1 Like

Re: Home Schooling The Way To Go: Private Schools Now Charging Exorbitantly by guobe: 10:01am On Aug 25, 2022
Plutonium:
3 kids should be by mistake. What are you doing with 4 kids? Na asset?

Two boys two girls kids to me is not too much.That has always been the numbers parents were going for.People now prefer 2 recently but God forbid something happens to one.we don't wish for that but just saying the consequence of having just two.
Re: Home Schooling The Way To Go: Private Schools Now Charging Exorbitantly by YeyeGbami: 10:02am On Aug 25, 2022
guobe:

Are you saying they should continue working without getting paid. What do you say about the government?

1 Like

Re: Home Schooling The Way To Go: Private Schools Now Charging Exorbitantly by SeriouslySense(m): 10:04am On Aug 25, 2022
The topic is home schooling, all these protest does not change primitive governance in Nigeria. grin grin grin

Maybe and just maybe people need to do a lot more by themselves, that time that would have been used in lamenting, would have been used to create the solution. Because we know how to lament, but we take no actions.

anonimi:

Why do Africans who went to school and are supposed to be educated, end up being no different from their primitive relatives and friends?
What is stopping us from expecting local and state governments to provide free quality schools like Kings College and Queens College in Lagos, Government College in Ibadan etc?
That is why Tinubu who has failed woefully to at least maintain the standard of Awolowo and Jakande can aspire to be president with his Emilokan south west agenda (swaga) propaganda. 23 years of governance failures and looting fa.

Re: Home Schooling The Way To Go: Private Schools Now Charging Exorbitantly by anonimi: 10:04am On Aug 25, 2022
guobe:
3 to 4 kids is not too much.The private schools are ripping off parents because there is no Government in Nigeria. Nobody to regulate them.

Why can’t you work on others to regulate the government through your LGA councillor and state lawmaker, as Britons do till date, and as we did in the past

Some 93% of children between the ages of 3 and 18 are in education in state-funded schools without charge (other than for activities such as swimming, cultural visits, theatre visits and field trips for which a voluntary payment can be requested, and limited charges at state-funded boarding schools.

All schools are legally required to have a website where they must publish details of their governance, finance, curriculum intent and staff and pupil protection policies to comply with The School Information (England) (Amendment) Regulations 2012 and 2016. Ofsted monitors these.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Education_in_England

1 Like

Re: Home Schooling The Way To Go: Private Schools Now Charging Exorbitantly by Whobedatte(m): 10:07am On Aug 25, 2022
There is one school at Gowon estate here in Egbeda where a 2 year old school fees alone is almost 100k . School bus and extra school totalling 150k .
Madness

2 Likes

Re: Home Schooling The Way To Go: Private Schools Now Charging Exorbitantly by Duchessree(f): 10:07am On Aug 25, 2022
If you can't afford a good private school, you can as well go for the cheap Akara school where you can pay 5000 a term or as well carry your child to a government school.
Quality Education is not cheap at all.

2 Likes

Re: Home Schooling The Way To Go: Private Schools Now Charging Exorbitantly by anonimi: 10:08am On Aug 25, 2022
SeriouslySense:
The topic is home schooling, all these protest does not change primitive governance in Nigeria. grin grin grin

Maybe and just maybe people need to do a lot more by themselves, that time that would have been used in lamenting, would have been used to create the solution. Because we know how to lament, but we take no actions.

So please what will change our primitive mindset that is reflected in our governments at the local, state and federal levels?
What changed the primitive mindsets of Europeans from their cave dwelling existence to monarchical authoritarianism to democracies that guarantee quality free schools from their taxes and what is collected on their behalf

1 Like

Re: Home Schooling The Way To Go: Private Schools Now Charging Exorbitantly by SeriouslySense(m): 10:09am On Aug 25, 2022
I would hope, we do not make assertion that blocks the possible paths or solutions, who said education has to be expensive.

Maybe, it can be affordable and also highly qualitative.

When we speak negatively then we can also see in that negativity, we cannot se see beyond that box, we place ourselves.

Duchessree:
If you can't afford a good private school, you can as well go for the cheap Akara school where you can pay 5000 a term or as well carry your child to a government school.
Quality Education is not cheap at all.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Home Schooling The Way To Go: Private Schools Now Charging Exorbitantly by guobe: 10:09am On Aug 25, 2022
Whobedatte:
There is one school at Gowon estate here in Egbeda where a 2 year old school fees alone is almost 100k . School bus and extra school totalling 150k .
Madness
total madness for 2 year old.how much is the parent earning.he should kill himself abi or steal

1 Like

Re: Home Schooling The Way To Go: Private Schools Now Charging Exorbitantly by ppogba: 10:09am On Aug 25, 2022
guobe:
Two boys two girls kids to me is not too much.That has always been the numbers parents were going for.People now prefer 2 recently but God forbid something happens to one.we don't wish for that but just saying the consequence of having just two.

If something can happen to one, it can equally happen to the four.

Change the way you think. This way of your thinking is like that of the olden days when people will tell you that they need to have plenty children because " we do not know the one that will take care of us in our old age"

1 Like

Re: Home Schooling The Way To Go: Private Schools Now Charging Exorbitantly by FLYFIRE(m): 10:09am On Aug 25, 2022
guobe:
You mixed things up. In the same breath you say Nigeria has no government & same breath that ASUU, that is fighting for things to go better, is fighting for their pockets. How do we get it right if no one stands up & not just complain as you did with your topic

3 Likes

Re: Home Schooling The Way To Go: Private Schools Now Charging Exorbitantly by Limzy02(m): 10:10am On Aug 25, 2022
Private schools are charging high because they need to pay their teachers and run the school.

Home schooling is good but has a lot of disadvantages.
Re: Home Schooling The Way To Go: Private Schools Now Charging Exorbitantly by David442: 10:10am On Aug 25, 2022
see below

Re: Home Schooling The Way To Go: Private Schools Now Charging Exorbitantly by Proudlyomonna: 10:12am On Aug 25, 2022
jkpbestseries:
that is why ASUU is fighting for the survival of the Universities

grin grin ASUU fighting for which kind yeye survival of Universities undecided
Na play u think se we dey play for here abi angry

1 Share

Re: Home Schooling The Way To Go: Private Schools Now Charging Exorbitantly by guobe: 10:12am On Aug 25, 2022
ppogba:

If something can happen to one, it can equally happen to the four.

Change the way you think. This way of your thinking is like that of the olden days when people will tell you that they need to have plenty children because " we do not know the one that will take care of us in our old age"
we are both saying the same thing.4 kids is still OK just like 2 kids
Re: Home Schooling The Way To Go: Private Schools Now Charging Exorbitantly by Cti28(m): 10:15am On Aug 25, 2022
guobe:
Not their pocket only
Re: Home Schooling The Way To Go: Private Schools Now Charging Exorbitantly by guobe: 10:15am On Aug 25, 2022
FLYFIRE:

You mixed things up. In the same breath you say Nigeria has no government & same breath that ASUU, that is fighting for things to go better, is fighting for their pockets. How do we get it right if no one stands up & not just complain as you did with your topic
ASUU is the worst organisation and dullest worldwide.You are striking against Babagoslow who has few months to go.They will go on national TV and read fake results to install bad Government. You can't be striking for 100 years without solution.you have professors and common loby you can't loby ASUU should be proscribed they are of no use.
Re: Home Schooling The Way To Go: Private Schools Now Charging Exorbitantly by Whobedatte(m): 10:17am On Aug 25, 2022
guobe:
total madness for 2 year old.how much is the parent earning.he should kill himself abi or steal
My brother , I tire ,school go resume now and my daughter school fees must be paid with subsequent one which is January because school resumes first week in January .
So over 300k for a 2 year old . And no be say the teachers dey speak British intonations or school get large sporting facilities sef .

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

For UTME Candidates Who Haven't Been Posted, This Might Give You HOPE!! / Mother, Son And Daughter Convoke Together At University Of Port Harcourt / 12 Things That Happen During Every Maths Exam (when You Don’t Know Maths)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.