Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,308 members, 7,836,347 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:49 AM

Home Schooling The Way To Go: Private Schools Now Charging Exorbitantly - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Home Schooling The Way To Go: Private Schools Now Charging Exorbitantly (35376 Views)

Don’t Reopen Schools Now - Biodun Ogunyemi, ASUU President Urges FG / Why Lagos Can’t Reopen Schools Now – Sanwo-olu / Don’t Reopen Schools Now, Lagos Parents Tell Govt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Home Schooling The Way To Go: Private Schools Now Charging Exorbitantly by hatedisplace: 10:19am On Aug 25, 2022
guobe:
Since Private Schools Are Now Charging Exorbitantly For Schooling The Way To Go

Most private schools are now charging exorbitantly for schooling. You can imagine telling a parent to bring 150,000 naira for just a kid in primary school.

What of parents that have 3 to 4 kids. How will they cope and they are public servants.

The way to go may now be home schooling as most parents have started adopting it.
Home schooling is for the rich. A parent that can't pay school fees can't do home schooling because it is more expensive.

1 Like

Re: Home Schooling The Way To Go: Private Schools Now Charging Exorbitantly by guobe: 10:20am On Aug 25, 2022
Whobedatte:

My brother , I tire ,school go resume now and my daughter school fees must be paid with subsequent one which is January because school resumes first week in January .
So over 300k for a 2 year old . And no be say the teachers dey speak British intonations or school get large sporting facilities sef .
They want Nigerian parents to feel depressed and have BP.GOD will not allow it.What will you tell your wife that you can't pay for just primary school fees it will now make one look like a failed father.

1 Like

Re: Home Schooling The Way To Go: Private Schools Now Charging Exorbitantly by Whobedatte(m): 10:21am On Aug 25, 2022
ppogba:

If something can happen to one, it can equally happen to the four.

Change the way you think. This way of your thinking is like that of the olden days when people will tell you that they need to have plenty children because " we do not know the one that will take care of us in our old age"
People get mind to dey born 4 kids nowadays o, unless I'm a government official where awoof money dey enter on a daily , current economic realities no suppose pass 2 kids if you really want to upgrade from what your parent give you to your kids .
A kilo of Titis fish is N2,200 now
Gas is 10k
Prepaid bill is only 17 units for N1k
Life for naija no easy o shocked

1 Like

Re: Home Schooling The Way To Go: Private Schools Now Charging Exorbitantly by Newyorkitis(m): 10:21am On Aug 25, 2022
LikeAking:

Una go wise up soon.

How many rich people in the US n Europe are sending dia kids to private schools? Talkless of the poor and average over dia?

Why will Nigerians dispose public schools?

Nigerian parents are just working for school owners all in the name of good education.

Hello boss, I feel you are looking at it from one side.
Government are the ones failing to provide the public schools in certain areas which are fast developing.
As the population is increasing and new settlements are springing up, government has to also provide schools, health care centres, police station, etc in such places.

Let me give an example: in Iyana-Iyesi (Ota, Ogun state), we have a fast emerging settlement with close to 100---200 thousand people.
No single police station and the public schools are faraway from the reach of more than half of the population.

Una go wise soon.
Re: Home Schooling The Way To Go: Private Schools Now Charging Exorbitantly by SeriouslySense(m): 10:21am On Aug 25, 2022
I think you asked a wise question, and at this time, i do not have the capacity to answer wisely and satisfactorily, and i think its should be discussed by people and then we can begin to unravel our problems; also we should be truthful. cheesy cheesy

anonimi:

So please what will change our primitive mindset that is reflected in our governments at the local, state and federal levels?
What changed the primitive mindsets of Europeans from their cave dwelling existence to monarchical authoritarianism to democracies that guarantee quality free schools from their taxes and what is collected on their behalf

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Home Schooling The Way To Go: Private Schools Now Charging Exorbitantly by SmartyPants(m): 10:22am On Aug 25, 2022
guobe:
3 to 4 kids is not too much.The private schools are ripping off parents because there is no Government in Nigeria.Nobody to regulate them.

Private schools cannot be regulated in that way. Not when the government has fulfilled its obligation of providing public schools.

Government only regulate essential economic commodities that they cannot provide.

1 Like

Re: Home Schooling The Way To Go: Private Schools Now Charging Exorbitantly by treatise: 10:22am On Aug 25, 2022
guobe:

Most private schools are now charging exorbitantly for schooling. You can imagine telling a parent to bring 150,000 naira for just a kid in primary school.

What of parents that have 3 to 4 kids. How will they cope and they are public servants.

The way to go may now be home schooling as most parents have started adopting it.
Home schooling isn't cheaper either.
Re: Home Schooling The Way To Go: Private Schools Now Charging Exorbitantly by hatedisplace: 10:24am On Aug 25, 2022
Doyou2019:

Just homeschool your elementary school kids or get them a lesson teacher that knows their onions.
Enrol them in a decent Federal Government College for their post primary studies.

Decent federal government college don't exist. Ask the children go school not the parents because parents close their eyes to what is really going on in those "schools".

1 Like

Re: Home Schooling The Way To Go: Private Schools Now Charging Exorbitantly by frankmoney(m): 10:26am On Aug 25, 2022
guobe:
There is no Government in Nigeria just a bunch of people embezzling money to win another election.its a pity.There is price control everywhere and a sensible Government should be able to fix Government schools.I went to Government primary school then and the quality was good unlike now.
price controlling private school is a recipe for disaster . Allow free market .

You should be asking government to bring the government schools up to required standard and making them free or charge a reasonable amount
Re: Home Schooling The Way To Go: Private Schools Now Charging Exorbitantly by Tunjibalogun: 10:28am On Aug 25, 2022
michlins:
omo I attended public school, my kids will probably attend same.

In this Nigeria, university education doesn't guarantee anything. You still need to keep funds for the child after university to help him or her set up for life.

Pure truth. I like practically oriented people like you
Re: Home Schooling The Way To Go: Private Schools Now Charging Exorbitantly by Formation10: 10:30am On Aug 25, 2022
Parents way no get money put ur children for government schools who go know book go know book only waiting go happen b say extract teaching go include God go help the poor's
Re: Home Schooling The Way To Go: Private Schools Now Charging Exorbitantly by SeriouslySense(m): 10:31am On Aug 25, 2022
Wise comment, preparation for Life should start gradually even from childhood, in terms of skills and towards the aspects of self actualization.
michlins:
omo I attended public school, my kids will probably attend same.

In this Nigeria, university education doesn't guarantee anything. You still need to keep funds for the child after university to help him or her set up for life.

Re: Home Schooling The Way To Go: Private Schools Now Charging Exorbitantly by iyaski: 10:31am On Aug 25, 2022
guobe:
ASUU is fighting for their pocket.leave those people out of it.How will you keep students on the street for 5 months

Since you think � they are fighting for. Allow the government privatize universities. You will be the one crying that the poor can't go to university.

1 Like

Re: Home Schooling The Way To Go: Private Schools Now Charging Exorbitantly by mechanics(m): 10:33am On Aug 25, 2022
Public schools are there and they will surely get the best
Re: Home Schooling The Way To Go: Private Schools Now Charging Exorbitantly by LikeAking: 10:34am On Aug 25, 2022
[quote author=Newyorkitis post=116041957][/quote]

Can't u guys collectively build some public schools?

Una go wise soon
Re: Home Schooling The Way To Go: Private Schools Now Charging Exorbitantly by guobe: 10:37am On Aug 25, 2022
KingTehlex:
Alaye make money and stop complaining
even if you have the money what about others that don't have.they should go and die ba.
Re: Home Schooling The Way To Go: Private Schools Now Charging Exorbitantly by easytiger: 10:42am On Aug 25, 2022
Am tired of this country wahala
Re: Home Schooling The Way To Go: Private Schools Now Charging Exorbitantly by Acidosis(m): 10:46am On Aug 25, 2022
N150,000 per child is not too much. That's roughly N50,000 per month to teach your child.

If you cannot afford it, then take your child to a government school.

1 Like

Re: Home Schooling The Way To Go: Private Schools Now Charging Exorbitantly by highbee02: 10:47am On Aug 25, 2022
Re: Home Schooling The Way To Go: Private Schools Now Charging Exorbitantly by RolexOfGeneva(m): 10:48am On Aug 25, 2022
guobe:
3 to 4 kids is not too much.The private schools are ripping off parents because there is no Government in Nigeria.Nobody to regulate them.
In today's economy, 3 to 4 kids is a lot of children. 2 kids maximum.

1 Like

Re: Home Schooling The Way To Go: Private Schools Now Charging Exorbitantly by dollarnaira: 10:48am On Aug 25, 2022
harju007:

The worst part of it is that they only teach pure academy and ignore moral.
Education without moral is Zero

Especially when u can speak English with good phonetic tone, u will be termed a genius while ignoring calculation related subjects.

3 Likes

Re: Home Schooling The Way To Go: Private Schools Now Charging Exorbitantly by guobe: 10:50am On Aug 25, 2022
Acidosis:
N150,000 per child is not too much. That's roughly N50,000 per month to teach your child.

If you cannot afford it, then take your child to a government school.

how much do you earn that 150,000 naira is not too much.Did you pay 150,000 naira in your university let's be sincere

1 Like

Re: Home Schooling The Way To Go: Private Schools Now Charging Exorbitantly by Jokerman(m): 10:50am On Aug 25, 2022
guobe:
but it's no longer affordable to several people

Cut your coat according to your size Oga ....
Re: Home Schooling The Way To Go: Private Schools Now Charging Exorbitantly by guobe: 10:52am On Aug 25, 2022
dollarnaira:

Especially when u can speak English with good phonetic tone, u will be termed a genius while ignoring calculation related subjects.
yes I noticed they concentrate mainly with English.Their Arithmetic is very poor.when I was in primary 4 I passed my common entrance exam to secondary school but these days the reverse is the case.

1 Like

Re: Home Schooling The Way To Go: Private Schools Now Charging Exorbitantly by guobe: 10:53am On Aug 25, 2022
Jokerman:

Cut your coat according to your size Oga ....
oga this is not cutting coat size matter the money is just outrageous.They are not doing well and should be called out.
Re: Home Schooling The Way To Go: Private Schools Now Charging Exorbitantly by TheGift: 10:54am On Aug 25, 2022
guobe:

I have been an advocate of home schooling for years. And not because of cost of school fees.

1 Like

Re: Home Schooling The Way To Go: Private Schools Now Charging Exorbitantly by Jokerman(m): 10:55am On Aug 25, 2022
guobe:
oga this is not cutting coat size matter the money is just outrageous.They are not doing well and should be called out.

So you want teachers to remain at 15k per month salary??
Re: Home Schooling The Way To Go: Private Schools Now Charging Exorbitantly by Nobody: 10:55am On Aug 25, 2022
They charge exorbitantly and teach rubbish, infact some schools have nothing to offer apart from flashy buildings and fashion uniforms.

When it come to hiring qualified teachers they go the cheap route our children are in trouble. lipsrsealed

3 Likes

Re: Home Schooling The Way To Go: Private Schools Now Charging Exorbitantly by Acidosis(m): 10:56am On Aug 25, 2022
guobe:
how much do you earn that 150,000 naira is not too much.Did you pay 150,000 naira in your university let's be sincere

In my university? Private or public?
Re: Home Schooling The Way To Go: Private Schools Now Charging Exorbitantly by StagethemTVee: 10:58am On Aug 25, 2022
Watch this. A short movie that explains whag needs to be done to fix the exploitation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEUnwx096xw
Re: Home Schooling The Way To Go: Private Schools Now Charging Exorbitantly by AlongCamePollie(m): 10:59am On Aug 25, 2022
guobe:
ASUU is fighting for their pocket.leave those people out of it.How will you keep students on the street for 5 months

The ASUU people also have families and children in schools. They have to earn what can pay 150K as school fees for their kids. If you (or your parents, no offence meant, just to help you imagine or visualize the situation better) were ASUU members, I am sure you would understand. Don't be too quick to dismiss the agitations of people who put in the shift in a failing, failed system just because they want a better package to help their families.

1 Like

Re: Home Schooling The Way To Go: Private Schools Now Charging Exorbitantly by guobe: 11:01am On Aug 25, 2022
quentin06:
They charge exorbitantly and teach rubbish, infact some schools have nothing to offer apart from flashy buildings and fashion uniforms.

When it come to hiring qualified teachers they go the cheap route our children are in trouble. lipsrsealed
you just nailed it.They are into razzmatazz. I shake my head when I engage these pupils even those in private universities.Me that is presently working all those mathematical formulas are still in my head but when I ask them they just fumble and say they have forgotten.product rule ,quotient rule ,almighty formula they can't recite.This present generation is just crap.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Fatai, MAPOLY Student Who Washes Cars To Send Himself To School / University Of Maiduguri Students Preparing For Exams (Photo) / For UTME Candidates Who Haven't Been Posted, This Might Give You HOPE!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.