Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,727 members, 7,820,514 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:19 PM

Why Are Nigerians Still Moving To The Uk With Current High Inflation - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Why Are Nigerians Still Moving To The Uk With Current High Inflation (2818 Views)

Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary / Japa Story: The Cost Of Relocating To The UK With Family / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Nigerians Still Moving To The Uk With Current High Inflation by Munamoqel: 8:28pm On Aug 26, 2022
Any time I watch sky new UK citizens are always complaining of cost of living .a woman was even saying she will not pay her Gas bills anymore if their is a futher hike .today the hike happen .so why are Nigeria desperate to enter UK and battle this cost ! a Friend left Germany temporary due to this cost and inflationary pressure .can some explain to me abi sky new is not saying the truth !

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are Nigerians Still Moving To The Uk With Current High Inflation by neonly: 8:30pm On Aug 26, 2022
Guy inflation pass inflation
Iya Charlie na yur mate

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are Nigerians Still Moving To The Uk With Current High Inflation by Munamoqel: 8:34pm On Aug 26, 2022
neonly:
Guy inflation pass inflation
Iya Charlie na yur mate
uk energy cap soar by 80 percent to above 3000 pounds

6 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians Still Moving To The Uk With Current High Inflation by neonly: 8:37pm On Aug 26, 2022
Munamoqel:
uk energy cap soar by 80 percent to above 3000 pounds

No matter how d inflation bi at least they basic amenities that make think and reason like a human being

8 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians Still Moving To The Uk With Current High Inflation by babakb: 8:38pm On Aug 26, 2022
Munamoqel:
Any time I watch sky new UK citizens are always complaining of cost of living .a woman was even saying she will not pay her Gas bills anymore if their is a futher hike .today the hike happen .so why are Nigeria desperate to enter UK and battle this cost ! a Friend left Germany temporary due to this cost and inflationary pressure .can some explain to me abi sky new is not saying the truth !

If Nigerians can endure the Inflation and Insecurity in Nigeria then they can endure any country in the world.

The reason why you hear about UK is because they are transparent, in 2020 a kg of gas was 300 naira in Nigeria, now in 2022 is 800 naira. Which Inflation pass this one

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are Nigerians Still Moving To The Uk With Current High Inflation by MrBrownJay1(m): 8:39pm On Aug 26, 2022
talking about UK inflation to wannabe Nigerian immigrants is like telling a blind man to close his eyes... its pointless!

going abroad is a life dream to many, and they will desire to achieve their dream whether life over the UK is tough or not... thus why some Nigerians are so desperate to leave Nigeria, they will gladly emigrate to Qatar, Afghanistan or even Ukraine.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Nigerians Still Moving To The Uk With Current High Inflation by Munamoqel: 8:42pm On Aug 26, 2022
neonly:

No matter how d inflation bi at least they basic amenities that make think and reason like a human being
I see several white people in food bank and having challenges heating and scared of the winter .heating or food or death !

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Nigerians Still Moving To The Uk With Current High Inflation by Munamoqel: 8:44pm On Aug 26, 2022
MrBrownJay1:
talking about UK inflation to wannabe Nigerian immigrants is like telling a blind man to close his eyes... its pointless!

going abroad is a life dream to many, and they will desire to achieve their dream whether life over the UK is tough or not... thus why some Nigerians are so desperate to leave Nigeria, they will gladly emigrate to Qatar, Afghanistan or even Ukraine.

am just curious ! If UM citizens are complaining of the inflation why would a Nigeria on Budget jump into it even spending several millions to go meet this cost !

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerians Still Moving To The Uk With Current High Inflation by MrBrownJay1(m): 8:49pm On Aug 26, 2022
Munamoqel:
am just curious ! If UM citizens are complaining of the inflation why would a Nigeria on Budget jump into it even spending several millions to go meet this cost !

here is a clue: people are complaining about the harsh situation in Nigeria, yet many foreigners (and Nigerians returnees alike) are gladly relocating to Nigeria. same issue, different country.

as someone just wrote, to many there is a better life in the UK, whether with inflation or even war.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Nigerians Still Moving To The Uk With Current High Inflation by Kenn55: 10:22pm On Aug 26, 2022
Munamoqel:

There are lots of reasons.

Whatever the UK is suffering now is temporary. If there is anything we have learned from the past, it is the fact that the white man has ability to meet their challenges and solve their problems.
The unprecedented inflationary problems as a result of energy crisis will make them even more resilient in the future. I'm sure policy planners in the UK are thinking deep right now.
Now, compare it to Nigeria and African countries that lack the capability to solve even the most basic and simple problems. There have been double digits inflation for years in Nigeria but nobody cares cos we are used to suffering and smiling.
The thinking of most Nigerians still rushing there will likely be that things will stabilize in the next 1 or 2 years and I don't blame them especially considering that Nigeria's problems might be unsolvable.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are Nigerians Still Moving To The Uk With Current High Inflation by Enddy50ty(m): 11:01pm On Aug 26, 2022
U.K. Get hope pass Nigeria despite Nigeria being a Petroleum and gas exporter,
In the nearest future there's a great probability that the price of gas and costs of living will come crashing down, just like it happened in Germany some years ago.

Then in Germany there were more jobs than people who wanted to work, that's why many people both Europeans and non Europeans trooped to Germany for a better life.
We can at least understand why there's inflation in Europe. (The war in Ukraine)

But here in Nigeria the price of gas has constantly gone up despite Nigeria not being involved in war with any country. Cost of living has constantly been on the rise.

There's a saying in Nigeria that when the price of any goods, services or commodities goes up it never comes down.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Nigerians Still Moving To The Uk With Current High Inflation by Lexusgs430: 5:00am On Aug 27, 2022
It's a personal decision, if you prefer lizard suya or goat meat suya .......... cheesy

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerians Still Moving To The Uk With Current High Inflation by seunoj: 5:30am On Aug 27, 2022
High inflation vs hyper inflation
Choose your fight

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are Nigerians Still Moving To The Uk With Current High Inflation by Munamoqel: 6:58am On Aug 27, 2022
Lexusgs430:
It's a personal decision, if you prefer lizard suya or goat meat suya .......... cheesy
personal decision? or not understanding what they are getting into ? @4000 pounds for energy and 4 million. home will choose between eating or heating ! anit we leaving a problem in Nigeria to go jam another complex one for the Uk .like I saw on sky new the dentist appointment delays a white woman had to remove her teeth herself cos she could not get an appointment for over 2 months and was going mad due to pain . Meanwhile for Nigeria just come hours and 30k surgery over !

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerians Still Moving To The Uk With Current High Inflation by Munamoqel: 7:01am On Aug 27, 2022
seunoj:
High inflation vs hyper inflation
Choose your fight
on sky new a white woman with tooth problem could not have an appointment for 2 months and have to pull her tooth herself while in Nigeria with 50k in a good dental clinic with 3 hours it done !so which is the inflation and hypersonic inflation !in this senerio!

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerians Still Moving To The Uk With Current High Inflation by seunoj: 7:08am On Aug 27, 2022
Munamoqel:
on sky new a white woman with tooth problem could not have an appointment for 2 months and have to pull her tooth herself while in Nigeria with 50k in a good dental clinic with 3 hours it done !so which is the inflation and hypersonic inflation !in this senerio!

Is that the basis of comparing both economies?
Check unemployment rate, check minimum wage etc? You will understand better. Let Nigerians stay in Nigeria and enjoy the environment.
Wetin make una politicians dey run go abroad for healthcare? If you know you know

8 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians Still Moving To The Uk With Current High Inflation by seunoj: 7:10am On Aug 27, 2022
Every economy with its own challenges. Choose the one that suits you.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians Still Moving To The Uk With Current High Inflation by BigDawsNet: 7:12am On Aug 27, 2022
Munamoqel:

Sky is saying the truth and the British citizens are complaining bitterly

You need to understand what we call Third World country citizens...
They hav suffered and lack basic amenities since they were born...

So moving to the UK with high inflation is nothing to them... some people don't even feel the heat until they spend like 5 years living in the UK or any 1st world countries...

As Nigeria worst reach... we still hav lots of western African citizens arriving daily joyfully...
Tho they may be doing cheap jobs... but they really seems happy and achieved...

Average Nigerians won't feel the heat so more people will keep moving to the Uk

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Nigerians Still Moving To The Uk With Current High Inflation by Munamoqel: 7:15am On Aug 27, 2022
seunoj:

Is that the basis of comparing both economies?
Check unemployment rate, check minimum wage etc? You will understand better. Let Nigerians stay in Nigeria and enjoy the environment.
Wetin make una politicians dey run go abroad for healthcare? If you know you know
it am not talking of the rich folk here that can afford it easy ! 4000 pounds electricity and gas bills is Notting to a Najia rich man a year he can spend that in a day without thinking! am talking of the average Joe that resign for work ,sell all his assets ,pay millions in fees just to jump into a place battling a 40 year inflation pressure .is like intentional coming into a war zone .

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerians Still Moving To The Uk With Current High Inflation by Munamoqel: 7:19am On Aug 27, 2022
BigDawsNet:

So moving to the UK with high inflation is nothing to them... some people don't even feel the heat until they spend like 5 years living in the UK or any 1st world countries...

As Nigeria worst reach... we still hav lots of western African citizens arriving daily joyfully...

ok better explanation thanks! I don't understand Average Nigeria won't feel the heat ? like he can bypass the energy bill of 4000 pounds ?or can survive the winter without heating ? or can price things like we do in Nigeria more than the Brits?
Re: Why Are Nigerians Still Moving To The Uk With Current High Inflation by Munamoqel: 7:26am On Aug 27, 2022
seunoj:
Every economy with its own challenges. Choose the one that suits you.
better ! Most average uninformed Nigeria assume it a near perfect society without much research! so when spending millions to move I don't expect to start another round of strange problems like fear of winter and no hearing money ! Like in Liverpool where the little girl was killed in her home by a gang start chasing someone .it is due to the design of the houses if na najia style home with fences and Barb wire and compound and gate . he can't just jump into the palour !
Re: Why Are Nigerians Still Moving To The Uk With Current High Inflation by Lexusgs430: 7:26am On Aug 27, 2022
Munamoqel:
personal decision? or not understanding what they are getting into ? @4000 pounds for energy and 4 million. home will choose between eating or heating ! anit we leaving a problem in Nigeria to go jam another complex one for the Uk .like I saw on sky new the dentist appointment delays a white woman had to remove her teeth herself cos she could not get an appointment for over 2 months and was going mad due to pain . Meanwhile for Nigeria just come hours and 30k surgery over !

The UK government would step in, one way or another...... Keep watching sky news for updates...... cheesy

If that lady went private, she would see a dentist, almost immediately........

Your ₦30K surgery in Nigeria, is also going private........ What's the difference........... wink

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Nigerians Still Moving To The Uk With Current High Inflation by Munamoqel: 7:28am On Aug 27, 2022
BigDawsNet:

those Africa coming are from higher inflation and rural area and coming empty handed .but we Nigerian spend millions to come to the uk to jam this inflation!
Re: Why Are Nigerians Still Moving To The Uk With Current High Inflation by Munamoqel: 7:30am On Aug 27, 2022
Lexusgs430:

The UK government would step in, one way or another...... Keep watching sky news for updates...... cheesy

If that lady went private, she would see a dentist, almost immediately........

Your ₦30K surgery in Nigeria, is also going private........ What's the difference........... wink
so the oyinbo woman no get money for private ? to stay 2 months and finally remove the tooth her self ?

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerians Still Moving To The Uk With Current High Inflation by seunoj: 7:35am On Aug 27, 2022
Munamoqel:
better ! Most average uninformed Nigeria assume it a near perfect society without much research! so when spending millions to move I don't expect to start another round of strange problems like fear of winter and no hearing money ! Like in Liverpool where the little girl was killed in her home by a gang start chasing someone .it is due to the design of the houses if na najia style home with fences and Barb wire and compound and gate . he can't just jump into the palour !
I see u pick irrelevant things as a basis for comparism. No need to engage in this argument. Only pple that have moved can tell whether it’s worth it or not.
Have you moved? R you considering moving? Better to ask the people directly.

8 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians Still Moving To The Uk With Current High Inflation by Samajogs: 8:00am On Aug 27, 2022
We are on ground ZERO here.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Still Moving To The Uk With Current High Inflation by BigDawsNet: 8:23am On Aug 27, 2022
Munamoqel:
those Africa coming are from higher inflation and rural area and coming empty handed .but we Nigerian spend millions to come to the uk to jam this inflation!

You are right...

But don't forget hundreds of thousands Nigeria Borrow a loan to relocate to the UK

Whilw some had to sell off their inheritances
Re: Why Are Nigerians Still Moving To The Uk With Current High Inflation by BigDawsNet: 8:37am On Aug 27, 2022
Munamoqel:
ok better explanation thanks! I don't understand Average Nigeria won't feel the heat ? like he can bypass the energy bill of 4000 pounds ?or can survive the winter without heating ? or can price things like we do in Nigeria more than the Brits?

When I tell you they won't feel that heat...doesn't means its gonna be easy... but I can ssure you they will be glad paying for it..

My mini apartment in carlifonia cost me $965/m that's around 645k in naira black market... while I was in Nigeria... I dint even imagine payiing up to that monthly just to hav a roof grin.. but Thank God foreverything...

I know lot of people here in the States paying rent as low as $2,300 monthly... they are Nigerian and they are not from abacha's family.. this are the people that's was earning just 50k back in Nigeria...

So when you get here as a foreigner from a third world countries.. you will definitely do well in any circumstances if u not lazy...

And countries like UK and US Canada others... find solutions to economy problems... unlike Nigeria where prices of commodities doesn't come down Ever!..

And another important point is that...
We Africans work like elephants here abroad...
We know the money is here... and to get it... we hav to work our ass...

The code here is... the more your work, the more you earn...

So if energy bills is going 4k...
Nigerians will pay and British gov will also find a long lasting solution... so it's not permanent

22 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians Still Moving To The Uk With Current High Inflation by Lexusgs430: 8:57am On Aug 27, 2022
Munamoqel:
so the oyinbo woman no get money for private ? to stay 2 months and finally remove the tooth her self ?

Not all òyìnbó's get money ........ Many of them live below the poverty line .......... cheesy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Nigerians Still Moving To The Uk With Current High Inflation by Munamoqel: 9:05am On Aug 27, 2022
BigDawsNet:

When I tell you they won't feel that heat...doesn't means its gonna be easy... but I can ssure you they will be glad paying for it..

My mini apartment in carlifonia cost me $965/m that's around 645k in naira black market... while I was in Nigeria... I dint even imagine payiing up to that monthly just to hav a roof grin.. but Thank God foreverything...

I know lot of people here in the States paying rent as low as $2,300 monthly... they are Nigerian and they are not from abacha's family.. this are the people that's was earning just 50k back in Nigeria...

So when you get here as a foreigner from a third world countries.. you will definitely do well in any circumstances if u not lazy...

And countries like UK and US Canada others... find solutions to economy problems... unlike Nigeria where prices of commodities doesn't come down Ever!..

And another important point is that...
We Africans work like elephants here abroad...
We know the money is here... and to get it... we hav to work our ass...

The code here is... the more your work, the more you earn...

So if energy bills is going 4k...
Nigerians will pay and British gov will also find a long lasting solution... so it's not permanent
it now clear thanks a lot ! there is work to fight the inflation and cost unlike najia where work opportunities are limited so there are no tool to fight the inflation!

6 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians Still Moving To The Uk With Current High Inflation by Munamoqel: 9:06am On Aug 27, 2022
BigDawsNet:

You are right...

But don't forget hundreds of thousands Nigeria Borrow a loan to relocate to the UK

Whilw some had to sell off their inheritances

I think it investment and would pay back in the near term!
Re: Why Are Nigerians Still Moving To The Uk With Current High Inflation by BigDawsNet: 9:24am On Aug 27, 2022
Munamoqel:
I think it investment and would pay back in the near term!

Obviously they will pay back

(1) (2) (Reply)

Invitation Letter To The Us / I'm Hiv Positive, Can I Immigrate To Canada? / Pictures From Agodi Zoological And Recreation Garden

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.