Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,567 members, 7,850,939 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 11:10 AM

What Does The Bible Say About Makeup And The Use Of Jewelry - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Does The Bible Say About Makeup And The Use Of Jewelry (18902 Views)

What Does The Bible Say About Makeup And The Use Of Jewelry 2 / What The Bible Says About Makeup / How Do I Restart My Battle Over The Use Of Prostitutes After Series Of Relapse? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Does The Bible Say About Makeup And The Use Of Jewelry by Bugatti411(m): 8:01am On Sep 12, 2022
Righteousness2:
In the Bible, the person who was used to describe Harlotry, painting and all that was Jezebel. And every bible student knows her story and her end.

There are Bible passages that admonished on the danger of painting and all that.
[/b]

Also in Genesis 35: 2-6 , all those things Were called Strange gods. And we saw the result they had after they removed them. The Bible said " The terror of GOD were upon the those that saw them.
[b]

Also if you remember the account of the "Golden calf" that Aaron carved for the Isrealites which brought Judgement on them, it was the same earrings and all that were used to make it.

If you are a student of the Bible, you will have seen that whenever GOD ALMIGHTY was angry with the Isrealites, the First thing He says to Moses is to tell them to remove all those things before HE consumes them.
Exodus 33:5-6

1 Peter 3:3-4 and 1 Timothy 2:9 Admonishes on the adorning that is required for Believers.

A whole lot of those things today are made in the marine and satanic world with humans pounded and all sorts.

Believe it or not, Many ladies wearing all these attachments on their heads are carrying snakes in their heads. Many are carrying a whole lot problems. Those things are one of the major Point of contact to acquire spiritual wife and husband.

Pray and ask GOD to open your eyes to see what those things are. If the Lord shows you, you will nearly cut off your head.

Many of those paintings and all that are major cause of the problems of many today.
Many do not even need prayers or fastings. All they need is to take off those things, burn them , destroy them and Genuiely Surrender to JESUS. They will see instant changes in their lives.
I wonder why some people always quote the Bible to shoot their own idealogy. No where in the Bible says clearly that thou say not use or make up...
God gave us the ability to choose but not to put all your mind in those things. Do things in a moderate way. To much of it and when you love and give it much of your time and your creator become sin.
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Makeup And The Use Of Jewelry by Celyndavis(f): 11:07am On Sep 12, 2022
Don't let us forget who the real opposition is ...THE DEVIL
Don't let us fight amongst each other
Imagine christians trying to prove a point from the word of the lord and use foul languages on each other ...

Let's us lean not to our own understanding in everything ...
Imagine twisting the word of the lord to back up your own invented points ..

No one is perfect
By but we have been made righteousness of God in Christ who is righteous
We are children of God as long as we follow Christ
Our standing in Christ is secured

We stand in the presence of God as though we have never done wrong
According to Galatians 3: 13 .. God has redeemed us from every curse of the law

This post will get same reaction if the topic of wearing trousers is brought up..
Know your standing in Christ ....

Same skirt you are kneen on wearing can be used to seduce(very short ones /long with slits )
Same jewelry can be used to seduce
Same jewelry can be used to make your self feel beautiful and attracted to your husband
The heart is truly what matters and intention of which you are doing something ...

You might not still understand o
I pray God will open out heart to receive from him
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Makeup And The Use Of Jewelry by almarthins(m): 11:10am On Sep 12, 2022
Favorolasupo:
Did God give them body cream,Underwear,wristwatch..U are senseless..U need to read your Bible from A-Z abeg stop preaching nonsense here

Most always make a point by insulting the person who you re debating?

If you don't like my opinion or idea about things blank my comment by not quoting me.

I read my Bible a-z. When you dress like a LovePeddler, you re address as a LovePeddler. People re nakedly dressed to churches today but we can't tell them because we want to keep them in the fold. There are things happening in the churches today that used to be associated with certain cultures which is not Christlike by any means. Let me not even talk about the street where there is little or no sanctity which we conveniently hide behind modernity.

You mentioned underwear, wrist watch, body cream. The only thing that is relatively new in your list is wrist watch. Pomade or body cream and underwear not a latest invention, they had been in existence before recording began. Are all this things you listed totally bad? No. Though people now used them for different purposes which sometimes are bad eg body cream for bleaching etc.

I am not pushing my opinion down your throat, you are free to accept whatever you believe. After all, we free moral agent.

1 Like

Re: What Does The Bible Say About Makeup And The Use Of Jewelry by Nobody: 11:45am On Sep 12, 2022
almarthins:

If you don't like my opinion or idea about things blank my comment by not quoting me.

I read my Bible a-z. When you dress like a LovePeddler, you re address as a LovePeddler. People re nakedly dressed to churches today but we can't tell them because we want to keep them in the fold. There are things happening in the churches today that used to be associated with certain cultures which is not Christlike by any means. Let me not even talk about the street where there is little or no sanctity which we conveniently hide behind modernity.

You mentioned underwear, wrist watch, body cream. The only thing that is relatively new in your list is wrist watch. Pomade or body cream and underwear not a latest invention, they had been in existence before recording began. Are all this things you listed totally bad? No. Though people now used them for different purposes which sometimes are bad eg body cream for bleaching etc.

I am not pushing my opinion down your throat, you are free to accept whatever you believe. After all, we free moral agent.

The only advice i have for you is to read and most importantly "understand" your Bible from A-Z once again or you change from king James version to New English version
Just try it first..you will see that your life and your mindset will change except you are just dumb,,you dont know what you are talking about..trust me
Adios!
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Makeup And The Use Of Jewelry by almarthins(m): 3:58pm On Sep 12, 2022
Favorolasupo:
The only advice i have for you is to read and most importantly "understand" your Bible from A-Z once again or you change from king James version to New English version
Just try it first..you will see that your life and your mindset will change except you are just dumb,,you dont know what you are talking about..trust me
Adios!

Revised standard Bible had eroded some core messages of the real Bible. Something fishy about it
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Makeup And The Use Of Jewelry by Kobojunkie: 6:48pm On Sep 12, 2022
almarthins:
even clothed Adam and Eve to cover their unclothedness. Did he give them extra hair, eye lashes, extra finger nail, etc?
But God gave them clothing, an extra coverage beyond the human skin, so surely God would not mind men going the extra mile in providing for themselves that which they desire, in addition of course to that which He began. smiley
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Makeup And The Use Of Jewelry by Kobojunkie: 6:53pm On Sep 12, 2022
almarthins:

1. If you don't like my opinion or idea about things blank my comment by not quoting me. I read my Bible a-z. When you dress like a LovePeddler, you re address as a LovePeddler. People re nakedly dressed to churches today but we can't tell them because we want to keep them in the fold. There are things happening in the churches today that used to be associated with certain cultures which is not Christlike by any means. Let me not even talk about the street where there is little or no sanctity which we conveniently hide behind modernity.

2. You mentioned underwear, wrist watch, body cream. The only thing that is relatively new in your list is wrist watch. Pomade or body cream and underwear not a latest invention, they had been in existence before recording began. Are all this things you listed totally bad? No. Though people now used them for different purposes which sometimes are bad eg body cream for bleaching etc.

1. I am glad you at least concede to these being born of opinions and not God's Truth. There is nothing Christ-like about your churches let alone what goes on in them since Jesus Christ never commanded them nor did He ask His followers to convene in the way your churches do. So what you have are simply of the enterprises of men and not of God. undecided

2. So what you are trying to insinuate is that God is for old inventions but not the latest? Your folks never cease to amaze with your logic. undecided
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Makeup And The Use Of Jewelry by almarthins(m): 9:15pm On Sep 12, 2022
Kobojunkie:
1. I am glad you at least concede to these being born of opinions and not God's Truth. There is nothing Christ-like about your churches let alone what goes on in them since Jesus Christ never commanded them nor did He ask His followers to convene in the way your churches do. So what you have are simply of the enterprises of men and not of God. undecided

2. So what you are trying to insinuate is that God is for old inventions but not the latest? Your folks never cease to amaze with your logic. undecided

Junkie again. Ur argument no dey end
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Makeup And The Use Of Jewelry by inosend: 9:29pm On Sep 12, 2022
OBALOLA55:
SO GOD NOR ANNOINT MOSES HE NOR ORDAIN AM undecided
The crux of the matter here is the type of anointing. God ordained Jesus to save mankind (see Luke 4:18, Acts 4:27, 10:38) whereas Moses was anointed for ministering for God to the people of Israel.
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Makeup And The Use Of Jewelry by Kobojunkie: 9:37pm On Sep 12, 2022
almarthins:

Junkie again. Ur argument no dey end
Meaning you know all you spewed was bullsheet to begin with. undecided
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Makeup And The Use Of Jewelry by OBALOLA55(m): 12:17am On Sep 13, 2022
inosend:
The crux of the matter here is the type of anointing. God ordained Jesus to save mankind (see Luke 4:18, Acts 4:27, 10:38) whereas Moses was anointed for ministering for God to the people of Israel.
REALLY undecided
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Makeup And The Use Of Jewelry by MaxInDHouse(m): 3:39am On Sep 13, 2022
bukky1994:
impressive! why are you not a pastor?
I am serving as a minister among God's people: JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES!

VenumX:

Is that what they teach you in your church? That women are worthless without men? That a madam dresses to impress her houseboy?
The woman was created because of man! 1Corinthians 11:8 compare to 1Timothy 2:11-15
VenumX:

What has jewelries got to do with submissiveness?
The jewelries are made of costly pearls so the one putting it on commands respect from onlookers and admirers, but if she's a faithful woman no matter how costly her jewelries and adornment she will always bow to her own husband even if he's not gorgeously dressed! Titus 2:5

VenumX:

Who brought submissiveness into this when there are gazillions of single females and even males who wear jewelries?
Of course single females out there may look as if they're not ready to submit to any man but don't be deceived by their looks each woman has a taste and they fall flat for the man of their choice even if he's not as rich as they're.
Do not think they don't have any man in their heart it's just that when the man they're eyeing refuse to approach them they'll settle for the one that comes forward but even after they've gotten married to their second choice they're still available anyday anytime for their first choice that's why most women cheat on their husbands.
So do not be deceived when you love somebody someone somewhere also loves you dearly but in most cases many don't know! smiley
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Makeup And The Use Of Jewelry by VenumX: 4:36pm On Sep 13, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

I am serving as a minister among God's people: JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES!

The woman was created because of man! 1Corinthians 11:8 compare to 1Timothy 2:11-15

The jewelries are made of costly pearls so the one putting it on commands respect from onlookers and admirers, but if she's a faithful woman no matter how costly her jewelries and adornment she will always bow to her own husband even if he's not gorgeously dressed! Titus 2:5

Of course single females out there may look as if they're not ready to submit to any man but don't be deceived by their looks each woman has a taste and they fall flat for the man of their choice even if he's not as rich as they're.
Do not think they don't have any man in their heart it's just that when the man they're eyeing refuse to approach them they'll settle for the one that comes forward but even after they've gotten married to their second choice they're still available anyday anytime for their first choice that's why most women cheat on their husbands.
So do not be deceived when you love somebody someone somewhere also loves you dearly but in most cases many don't know! smiley

'Woman is worthless without a man'
'Woman bow to her husband'

You should have remained in Islam rather than carry your misogynistic ideologies to that place and twist the scriptures to suit your personal faulty and questionable thoughts.

I ask you again, is that what they teach you in that church?

1 Like

Re: What Does The Bible Say About Makeup And The Use Of Jewelry by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:54pm On Sep 13, 2022
VenumX:

'Woman is worthless without a man'
'Woman bow to her husband'
You should have remained in Islam rather than carry your misogynistic ideologies to that place and twist the scriptures to suit your personal faulty and questionable thoughts.
I ask you again, is that what they teach you in that church?

You already have the scriptures so argue with it i'm not interested in human philosophy! wink
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Makeup And The Use Of Jewelry by VenumX: 6:49pm On Sep 13, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

You already have the scriptures so argue with it i'm not interested in human philosophy! wink

What an Antichrist.

You can't even answer the question. You are not interested in human philosophy yet you are teaching yours. Something that Christ never uttered...not even God himself.

Call any human worthless again and see where you will end up.

Boko harram cameleon.

1 Like

Re: What Does The Bible Say About Makeup And The Use Of Jewelry by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:07pm On Sep 13, 2022
bukky1994:
impressive! why are you not a pastor?

That's what a lady typed after reading the same comment you're complaining about so her response has judged you already! wink

VenumX:

What an Antichrist.
You can't even answer the question. You are not interested in human philosophy yet you are teaching yours. Something that Christ never uttered...not even God himself.
Call any human worthless again and see where you will end up.
Boko harram cameleon.
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Makeup And The Use Of Jewelry by VenumX: 7:09pm On Sep 13, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

That's what a lady typed after reading the same comment you're complaining about so her response has judged you already! wink

Oh, she is now your God to judge for you.

Why not tell her to join your church and hear what she will say since you have used her as a yardstick to know if you reason normally or not?

Antichrist.

1 Like

Re: What Does The Bible Say About Makeup And The Use Of Jewelry by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:20pm On Sep 13, 2022
VenumX:

Oh, she is now your God to judge for you.
Why not tell her to join your church and hear what she will say since you have used her as a yardstick to know if you reason normally or not? Antichrist.

I quoted God's word and she bowed not to me but to the authority i quoted: Bible!

So her attitude has judged you that a woman can hear the truth and submit to God's will if you're not ready! wink

1 Like

Re: What Does The Bible Say About Makeup And The Use Of Jewelry by VenumX: 7:23pm On Sep 13, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

I quoted God's word and she bowed not to me but to the authority i quoted: Bible!

So her attitude has judged you that a woman can hear the truth and submit to God's will if you're not ready! wink

She bowed to your twisted interpretation and you feel flattered. All of a sudden, a female's remarks mean so much to you...someone you haven't met...someone you call worthless without a man. Your delusion and hypocrisy is epic.

Go raising your hand in your church and spilling the garbage you just spewed here and see if you would be looked at as a normal human being.

Antichrist. grin

1 Like

Re: What Does The Bible Say About Makeup And The Use Of Jewelry by VenumX: 7:27pm On Sep 13, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

submit to God's will

If you had submitted to God's will, you will not be teaching what is inspired by demons.

Antichrist.

1 Like

Re: What Does The Bible Say About Makeup And The Use Of Jewelry by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:29pm On Sep 13, 2022
VenumX:

She bowed to your twisted interpretation and you feel flattered. All of a sudden, a female's remarks mean so much to you...someone you haven't met...someone you call worthless without a man. Your delusion and hypocrisy is epic. Go raising your hand in your church and spilling the garbage you just spewed here and see if you would be looked at as a normal human being. Antichrist. grin

Your type condemned Jesus for speaking the truth {John 10:20} so who am i? Matthew 10:25 wink

1 Like

Re: What Does The Bible Say About Makeup And The Use Of Jewelry by VenumX: 7:31pm On Sep 13, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Your type condemned Jesus for speaking the truth {John 10:20} so who am i? Matthew 10:25 wink

But you are an islamist. You haven't even accepted Jesus nor have you embraced his teachings. Did Jesus call Lazarus sisters who were his friends worthless?

Your words are demon inspired that is why you are an Antichrist. cheesy

1 Like

Re: What Does The Bible Say About Makeup And The Use Of Jewelry by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:58pm On Sep 13, 2022
VenumX:

But you are an islamist. You haven't even accepted Jesus nor have you embraced his teachings. Did Jesus call Lazarus sisters who were his friends worthless?
Your words are demon inspired that is why you are an Antichrist. cheesy

Jesus had several siblings but only the names of males were recorded {Matthew 13:55} under the inspiration of God's Holy Spirit directed by no other person but Jesus himself! John 16:12-13

So the female are WORTHLESS without the males God created female humans to support the male, so in the absence of males there's no need for females! 1Corinthians 11:8 wink

1 Like

Re: What Does The Bible Say About Makeup And The Use Of Jewelry by VenumX: 8:03pm On Sep 13, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Jesus had several siblings but only the names of males were recorded {Matthew 13:55} under the inspiration of God's Holy Spirit directed by no other person but Jesus himself! John 16:12-13

So the female are WORTHLESS without the males God created female humans to support the male, so in the absence of males there's no need for females! 1Corinthians 11:8 wink

Garbage he can't even say in his church. grin

Clearly not acknowledging all the females noted in the Bible for their noble works and deeds which had nothing to do with the word man.

You are just an islamist hiding under the umbrella of christiandom but you are too daft to know it. grin grin

Antichrist

1 Like

Re: What Does The Bible Say About Makeup And The Use Of Jewelry by VenumX: 8:10pm On Sep 13, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

I feel flattered because a female I never met just told me to open my own church after calling her worthless. grin It's a sign I am preaching the truth. grin

No brain at all.

Re: What Does The Bible Say About Makeup And The Use Of Jewelry by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:11pm On Sep 13, 2022
VenumX:

Garbage he can't even say in his church. grin
Clearly not acknowledging all the females noted in the Bible for their noble works and deeds which had nothing to do with the word man. You are just an islamist hiding under the umbrella of christiandom but you are too daft to know it. grin grin Antichrist

Antichrist quoting God's word while you're just arguing blindly, shey!

I know your problem, it's the sharp sword of the spirit that's worrying the demon in you! Hebrews 4:12 cheesy

1 Like

Re: What Does The Bible Say About Makeup And The Use Of Jewelry by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:13pm On Sep 13, 2022
VenumX:

No brain at all.
Na so them talk about Jesus! John 10:20

1 Like

Re: What Does The Bible Say About Makeup And The Use Of Jewelry by VenumX: 8:14pm On Sep 13, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Antichrist quoting God's word while you're just arguing blindly, shey!

I know your problem, it's the sharp sword of the spirit that's worrying the demon in you! Hebrews 4:12 cheesy

Even demons preach with the Bible. If you were smart, you would know that and not make a fool of your self displaying your church banner and preaching demon inspired teachings with scriptures as back up.

You are a worker of lawlessness...An antichrist. grin

1 Like

Re: What Does The Bible Say About Makeup And The Use Of Jewelry by VenumX: 8:15pm On Sep 13, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Na so them talk about Jesus! John 10:20

But you don't believe in Jesus Christ.

1 Like

Re: What Does The Bible Say About Makeup And The Use Of Jewelry by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:19pm On Sep 13, 2022
VenumX:

But you don't believe in Jesus Christ.

But quoting Jesus! cheesy

1 Like

Re: What Does The Bible Say About Makeup And The Use Of Jewelry by VenumX: 8:22pm On Sep 13, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

But quoting Jesus! cheesy

Be smart. People blaspheme in the name of Jesus. Those are the people he boldly said he will condemn. You are one of them.

Antichrist worker of lawlessness. grin

1 Like

Re: What Does The Bible Say About Makeup And The Use Of Jewelry by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:28pm On Sep 13, 2022
VenumX:

Be smart. People blaspheme in the name of Jesus. Those are the people he boldly said he will condemn. You are one of them.
Antichrist worker of lawlessness. grin

Lawlessness quoting Jesus while you are just mentioning his name without quoting him! Matthew 7:21-23 cheesy

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Mountain Of Fire Bans Members And Visitors From Indecent Dressing / A Muslim Man In Egypt Killed His Wife Because She Was Reading The Bible / A Discussion Thread For Johnydon22 And I

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.