Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,962 members, 7,848,902 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 11:46 AM

ASUU To Continue Strike, Fails To Ease Tension - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU To Continue Strike, Fails To Ease Tension (25656 Views)

Uk Universities Continue Strike As More Universities Join (photos) / ASUU Branches Vote To Continue Strike / ASUU Strike Update: BUK Kano, UI, ABSU, ATBU Others Voted To Continue Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ASUU To Continue Strike, Fails To Ease Tension by JJuanMiguel: 12:38pm On Aug 29, 2022
MrLearned:

Who are using students as labourers FG or the incompetent over-lorded lecturers?

The books the students are mandated and head-bent by the lecturers to buy whose pulse does enter into...

the list is many...

Even the said lecturers teach more than two to three private universities and less regard the place government posted them, but at the end of it all FG still pays them!

Most of those fish farms you mentioned are owned by various lecturers even rearing of cows..., these are facts not coined up stories...

In my School Lecturers sends students to their various farms to work there terming it to be their project work, at the end of the day the said lecturer will still demand for extra cash from the innocent students...

Dear friend, most Nigerian lecturers are poisonous and wicked in nature...

ASUU is well know notorious thief!!!
They never do anything tangible for the school even after all said and done

Mr Learned
I'm talking about the lecturers
Schools generate millions weekly from Bakery, table water production, printing press etc.
They also sell a lot of imported hybrid seeds bought with government funds to local farmers.
The rent they collect from the commercial structures in the school environment is still there.

1 Like

Re: ASUU To Continue Strike, Fails To Ease Tension by Nobody: 12:47pm On Aug 29, 2022
JJuanMiguel:

I'm talking about the lecturers
Schools generate millions weekly from Bakery, table water production, printing press etc.
They also sell a lot of imported hybrid seeds bought with government funds to local farmers.
The rent they collect from the commercial structures in the school environment is still there.

I'm just concurring to what you said earlier.

It's so pathetic that we have thieves in disguise (ASUU), but majority are blinded by APC lead Government Sentiments!

One of my friend was just on the prink of clearing his papers, six months in muds and his is still in school, someone who would have been in booth camp of NYSC by now angry

the earlier we realize ASUU as a good for nothing thieving professors the better for us

Mr Learned

2 Likes

Re: ASUU To Continue Strike, Fails To Ease Tension by Nobody: 12:50pm On Aug 29, 2022
JJuanMiguel:

If strike is the solution, then why are things getting worse despite the annual strikes?
ASUU can move from strike to coma, nothing will change as long as we don't have good leaders.

ASUU is just full of QUACK professors...

gullible and head-bent scavenging professors, holding students at ransom angry

Mr Learned
Re: ASUU To Continue Strike, Fails To Ease Tension by Timekeeper452: 12:57pm On Aug 29, 2022
JJuanMiguel:
It doesn't matter.
Whatever they decide, they will be on the losing side together with the students for the first time.

Having read that FG gave them a take it or leave it offer in the last meeting, if they choose to continue with the strike, then they won't be called to any meeting anytime soon, and will continue to live without salaries as a lot of people continue to move on and forget about them.

Some state universities are just waiting for ASUU to declare indefinite strike, so they can pull out of the strike.
the same states that all agreed on the continuation of the strike? Lol
Re: ASUU To Continue Strike, Fails To Ease Tension by okechuks22: 1:00pm On Aug 29, 2022
mannobi:
It is now clear that ASUU is on another mission. The FG should desist from further negotiations with them. A few set of people holding our students to ransom because of their personal interest. All state universities must pull out of ASUU because ASUU leadership do not respect them.
u must be a stupid fellow have u ask ur self why ur federal government can not implement the agreement they have since with Assu
Re: ASUU To Continue Strike, Fails To Ease Tension by Es350: 1:02pm On Aug 29, 2022
This is embarrassing. Even beyond embarrassing.

To the students who still believe the lie from ASUU that "we're fighting for you and the coming generation" can y'all see that these selfish pricks called ASUU are simply fighting for their selfish interests?

Meanwhile Adamu is chilling in far away abroad while the students are left to bear the brunt of this useless strike.

2 Likes

Re: ASUU To Continue Strike, Fails To Ease Tension by Gabbriell: 1:17pm On Aug 29, 2022
GoAndVerify:

You are right.

Not all lecturers are in support of the strike.

In fact, my very close friend, a Graduate Assistant who is also running her Masters is so angry right now because the strike has stopped her from getting ahead in her career.

But the truth is that ASUU should have read the handwriting on the wall a long time ago and see that this government is not the best government to drag their issues with.

There is a point you reach in a fight whereby even the people you are fighting for will abandon you.

ASUU is almost at the point now.

ASUU is fighting for it members. That's their primary goal. U pple always get it confused.

Students should hold their students union (NANS) not ASUU. NANS are responsible for fighting for students.

But YEYE students will say ASUU and FG are corrupt. What about your own student union? Have they even gone on protest against what FG and ASUU are doing to their members (students).

U cannot fight for yourselves, don't drag ASUU to fight for you. You are not their priority....every union priority is it's members (first) before any other.

I don't pity Nigerian students. I only Pity traders, and towns that depends on university operations to survive. They are the real innocent victims here. Students, ASUU and FG can go f** themselves.
Re: ASUU To Continue Strike, Fails To Ease Tension by Gabbriell: 1:23pm On Aug 29, 2022
EIeyigidgan:
you're thinking is so wack.

He has a good idea but presented it in a bad way.

U don't need to scam your parents. You can simply ask them for support in starting a business or source for fund elsewhere.

It's true that after graduation, jobs are scarce...but you can decide to be the employer and not the employee. That is what he is trying to say

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ASUU To Continue Strike, Fails To Ease Tension by Elsueno: 1:26pm On Aug 29, 2022
grin Whatever, they should never resume sef
Re: ASUU To Continue Strike, Fails To Ease Tension by Elsueno: 1:30pm On Aug 29, 2022
kingi777:
ASUU should pursue their demand to the end. Do you know what it takes to do research..buy reagents, publish papers at the end of the day, you get employed as a lecturer and they start paying you with less that 130,000 as a PhD holder. Demoralising those in academia. A lecturer after suffering to develop himself to get higher qualifications cannot rent a descent house, buy a good car or even wear good clothes. The truth is that if the wrong is not corrected now, in the near future, nobody will like to be a lecturer in a public university.

It has always being about money 4 ASUU, nothing like betterment of education...U guys are behaving like d evil village witches & wizards destroying d educational system & future of youths in dis country...I pray d govt totally ignores u guys
Re: ASUU To Continue Strike, Fails To Ease Tension by UrProguy: 1:34pm On Aug 29, 2022
oyeb15:
The money u students are using to pay school fees why cant u collect everything at once from your parents and use it to start a business.

At the end of d day ,u start carrying files,CV looking for job and one illiterate will employ u as secretary on 30k.
You are right, Thank God I have started business after getting assistance from https://projectpro.com.ng, business all the way, and I am glad I entered business
Re: ASUU To Continue Strike, Fails To Ease Tension by kingi777: 1:36pm On Aug 29, 2022
EIeyigidgan:
which phd lecturer dem dey pay 130,000?
You no go shut up
A PhD holder who gets a lecturing job starts from lecturer II and his take home pay is less than NGN130,000. My lecturer friends used tell me how they are grossly underpaid but I thought it was a lie until I saw their payslip. These lecturers work round the clock, 24/7 and even weekends. Earnestly they deserve encouragement by being paid well. I think joblessness is pushing people into lecturing if not, the work na suffer head.
Re: ASUU To Continue Strike, Fails To Ease Tension by Doorlarss(m): 2:00pm On Aug 29, 2022
This ASUU Na scam, after season 1 to 6 now their up to s7, last last na pick 6 general market & countinue....

This news must be in crime sctn
Re: ASUU To Continue Strike, Fails To Ease Tension by aniefiokfred: 2:25pm On Aug 29, 2022
Alphastudent:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/08/ASUU-to-continue-strike-fails-to-ease-tension/
This is not a surprise.
My concern is that ASUU should never allow this struggle to be fruitless at the end.

Let settle this ONCE and for all
Re: ASUU To Continue Strike, Fails To Ease Tension by BeanmanX(m): 2:35pm On Aug 29, 2022
EIeyigidgan:
armed robber i hear say you no pass jamb this year?
mariahangel this guy trolling you here is a jambite.
ignore the useless troll
Chaos14,,, Bigcowhornn,,, Messi1 come see ur criminal friend and scammer,,,he say I be jambite,,Lolx...
When I finish school back then u still dey piss for body,,,bloody scammer like u... cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ASUU To Continue Strike, Fails To Ease Tension by backnbeta(f): 2:36pm On Aug 29, 2022
JJuanMiguel:

What's the purpose of the strike? And is it working?
Those are the questions you should ask yourself before you say the strike is necessary.
ASUU is fighting for the future of Nigerian education, not only for better remuneration. Yes, the strike is necessary but it's not working because unfortunately, ASUU is dealing with the most insensitive government in the history of Nigeria; a government that doesn't care about public opinion!

This is a government that will rather employ spin doctors to destroy ASUU's image as being the one that is insensitive to the plight of Nigeria students and their parents, rather than take responsibility! Yes, I stand with ASUU! I'm just considering what students are going through. I know a student who is very suicidal because she couldn't process her transcripts for international admission; so many cases of depression!
Re: ASUU To Continue Strike, Fails To Ease Tension by Chaos14: 2:42pm On Aug 29, 2022
EIeyigidgan:
my friend keep your mouth shut
Idiot na here you de no de insult people wey pass you in brain and sense
Re: ASUU To Continue Strike, Fails To Ease Tension by Favvybillionz(m): 2:48pm On Aug 29, 2022
Emperordynasty:
This news should be in the crime section
See as i de laugh like say i no well grin grin
Re: ASUU To Continue Strike, Fails To Ease Tension by shakdav(m): 3:44pm On Aug 29, 2022
FreeSpirited:
The funny gist is that many of those foolish students whose future is being mortaged and crippled, are still supporting APC and Tinubu for next election
Una go sit home tire
Is Apc the issue of ASUU, let me ask u
Re: ASUU To Continue Strike, Fails To Ease Tension by Stargurl20(f): 3:46pm On Aug 29, 2022
backnbeta:

ASUU is fighting for the future of Nigerian education, not only for better remuneration. Yes, the strike is necessary but it's not working because unfortunately, ASUU is dealing with the most insensitive government in the history of Nigeria; a government that doesn't care about public opinion!

This is a government that will rather employ spin doctors to destroy ASUU's image as being the one that is insensitive to the plight of Nigeria students and their parents, rather than take responsibility! Yes, I stand with ASUU! I'm just considering what students are going through. I know a student who is very suicidal because she couldn't process her transcripts for international admission; so many cases of depression!
Heartbreaking
Re: ASUU To Continue Strike, Fails To Ease Tension by adiori0303: 4:20pm On Aug 29, 2022
Impossible for federal government to ban ASUU as its an affiliate to NLC.
NLC has a political party which serves as opppsition to the ruling part.
Its such a pity undecided undecided
Re: ASUU To Continue Strike, Fails To Ease Tension by GoAndVerify: 5:21pm On Aug 29, 2022
Stargurl20:
I'm one of those who is no longer crazy about ASUU strike any longer

Sorry, ma

backnbeta:

So much sense.
Re: ASUU To Continue Strike, Fails To Ease Tension by JJuanMiguel: 5:32pm On Aug 29, 2022
backnbeta:

If you admit that the strike is not working, why carry on with it?
Re: ASUU To Continue Strike, Fails To Ease Tension by JJuanMiguel: 5:37pm On Aug 29, 2022
Timekeeper452:
the same states that all agreed on the continuation of the strike? Lol

Just watch on from this week, state universities lecturers are just hiding under ASUU to stay at home cos of laziness.

Re: ASUU To Continue Strike, Fails To Ease Tension by Timekeeper452: 6:04pm On Aug 29, 2022
JJuanMiguel:

Just watch on from this week, state universities lecturers are just hiding under ASUU to stay at home cos of laziness.
let’s watch then.
Re: ASUU To Continue Strike, Fails To Ease Tension by Akorlism(m): 7:19pm On Aug 29, 2022
ASUU please help students future please
Re: ASUU To Continue Strike, Fails To Ease Tension by Honlucas: 7:38pm On Aug 29, 2022
anything can still happen...
if you notice ASUU is yet to pass memo regarding this because FG is in touch with them to end this strike this week
Re: ASUU To Continue Strike, Fails To Ease Tension by JJuanMiguel: 8:51pm On Aug 29, 2022
Honlucas:
anything can still happen...
if you notice ASUU is yet to pass memo regarding this because FG is in touch with them to end this strike this week
Where did you get this one from?
Even Adamu has left the country.
FG already gave ASUU a take it or leave it offer, so FG have nothing to do with them again for now. The bitter pill for ASUU here is their witheld salaries FG don't want to pay this time around.
Even some state universities that voted for indefinite strike are now calling for resumption.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

OAU Students Locked Down INEC Offices In Ife And Disrupts Training(PHOTOS) / 3 University Of Uyo Students Killed By Police / Nairaland Interschool Debate:: FUNAAB VS IBADAN POLY. WINNER: IBADAN POLY.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.