Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,265 members, 7,818,903 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:43 AM

Labour Party Not Third Force, Says SDP Chieftain, Obi’s Ally Disagrees - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Labour Party Not Third Force, Says SDP Chieftain, Obi’s Ally Disagrees (358 Views)

Is Rotimi Amaechi Now A Peter Obi Ally? (pictures) / Obi's Ally, Oseloka Obaze Resigns From PDP / Oshiomhole Chairs APC NWC Meeting, Says Party Not Divided (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Labour Party Not Third Force, Says SDP Chieftain, Obi’s Ally Disagrees by adeeyarhabdulla: 1:47pm On Aug 29, 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHiwrlkn1So

A chieftain of the Social Democratic Party, Rotimi Johnson, says his party is Nigeria’s third force though the Labour Party (LP) is gathering momentum.

Johnson’s statement was, however, immediately dismissed by Labour Party’s Deputy National Secretary, Kennedy Ahanotu, who said opposition parties will be shocked by the results of the 2023 elections.

Both stalwarts spoke on Monday as guests on Channels Television’s breakfast show, Sunrise Daily.

“SDP is a third force. Labour Party because of Peter Obi is beginning to gather momentum but I don’t know how far they can go with that but if you are talking about a political party with structure all over Nigeria, that is the SDP,” said Johnson, the acting Publicity Secretary of SDP in Oyo State and a 2023 House of Representatives candidate of the party also from Oyo.

Responding immediately to the comment, Obi’s ally, Ahanotu said, “2023 election is going to shock a lot of people because the BVAS (Bimodal Voter Accreditation System) and the electronic transmission of results have made it difficult for anybody to rig elections…2023 election is credibility election.”

According to the result portal of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) for the 2019 presidential election, the SDP candidate in the election, Donald Duke, scored 34,746 whilst Labour Party candidate, Mohammed Zaki polled 5,074.

On the other hand, Nigeria’s dominant parties – the All Progressives Congress (APC) and the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) had their votes in millions in the last general elections that witnessed 73 presidential candidates.

For instance, APC’s Muhammadu Buhari polled 15,191,847 to defeat his closest rival and PDP candidate, Atiku Abubakar who scored 11,262,978.

Whilst Atiku again secured PDP presidential ticket for the 2023 elections, former Lagos State governor, Bola Tinubu, clinched the APC ticket. Similarly, the Labour Party fielded ex-governor of Anambra State, Peter Obi, as its presidential flagbearer whilst the SDP presented Adewole Adebayo as its candidate.

Asked why the SDP and other political parties yet to harvest votes in millions bother to field presidential candidates, Johnson said, “I’ve failed exams before and I didn’t stop or say I will not attempt again. It’s the Nigerian project and we can’t afford to leave it to them. We have discovered that the APC and the PDP have been doing leadership or rulership exchange programme…there is a need for a third force or even a fourth force; we need to contend and rescue Nigeria from these people – we can’t fold our arms.

“SDP is better positioned in terms of what we are bringing to the table and the candidate leading us to the election as the captain. I believe we are better positioned to rescue Nigeria.

“I’ve had the opportunity to listen to Peter Obi many times; he is a man that is marketing himself, not even the Labour Party. He is talking about character; he is talking about integrity; Yes, I agree with him on those points but I don’t believe that the party as an organ is well-positioned to rescue this country because it is not a one-man show; you need a formidable team to work with you.

“Yes, as much as I like him (Obi) because he is talking about solutions the same way my candidate is talking about solutions, it goes beyond a one-man show and that is why Nigerians must look beyond the noise and focus on character.”

Commenting, the Labour Party’s Deputy National Secretary said, “I don’t agree with him and I don’t understand what he means by Labour Party being all about noise. For the first time in the history of Nigeria, the young generation wants to participate in the governance process and this has been lacking.

“About my candidate and about structure, Labour Party has national officers, state officers, local government officers, ward officers, and even polling unit officers.”

Ahanotu said Obi has the credibility, the antecedent, and the character to make Nigeria work by cutting off the cost of governance, and needless presidential trips, amongst others for prudent use of resources

5 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Labour Party Not Third Force, Says SDP Chieftain, Obi’s Ally Disagrees by marenalexander7: 1:48pm On Aug 29, 2022
When We Revealed Or Published The Characteristics Behind The Success Of Dr Peter Obi As A Successful Entrepreneurs And Management In Our Society !
-Creativity
-Optimistic
-Professionalism
-Risk Taking
-Passion
-Planning
-Knowledge
-Social Skills
-Vision
Lastly, Dr Peter Obi's Open Mindedness Towards Helping And Teaching Nigerians How To Succeed In Life Has Made Him The Most Competent Candidate To Delivered Nigeria From The Economic Crisis, Inflation And Hardship In Our Country Nigeria ��

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Labour Party Not Third Force, Says SDP Chieftain, Obi’s Ally Disagrees by danjumaisah: 1:49pm On Aug 29, 2022
The Peter Obi Labour party is NOT the 3rd force. It is the FIRST force and will win the 2023 presidential elections

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Labour Party Not Third Force, Says SDP Chieftain, Obi’s Ally Disagrees by Nobody: 1:49pm On Aug 29, 2022
Good

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Labour Party Not Third Force, Says SDP Chieftain, Obi’s Ally Disagrees by dangerousd071: 1:49pm On Aug 29, 2022
Please who know the name of SDP presidential candidate name because me I don't know o���

Even as we speak PDP and APC candidate can't get such support PRTER OBI is getting abroad even if they decided to pay the crowd

You may call it social media noise but the same thing happened in 2015 when majority were shouting SAI BABA, SAI BUHARI, same way we are shouting Peter Obi now

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Labour Party Not Third Force, Says SDP Chieftain, Obi’s Ally Disagrees by carochristoper: 1:50pm On Aug 29, 2022
I Pledge to Nigeria My Country,
to be OBIdient, loyal and Yusuful,
To vote-out ATIKU, KWANKWASO, and TINUBU, with my PVC,
To be Gentle and Loyal on Election Day,
To Vote PETER OBI with All My Strength, To say NO to Vote buying and protect my vote, And Uphold No Violence & Trouble, So Help Me God. Amen....

We move for a better Nigeria.

Let's go there ✌��

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Labour Party Not Third Force, Says SDP Chieftain, Obi’s Ally Disagrees by bewla(m): 2:00pm On Aug 29, 2022
We no this

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Labour Party Not Third Force, Says SDP Chieftain, Obi’s Ally Disagrees by Penguin2: 2:17pm On Aug 29, 2022
The truth of the matter is that in the coming election, APC is actually the third force grin

LP and PDP are the front runners.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Fear Anyone Supporting Tinubu For President / FG To Suspend Abuja-Kaduna-Kano Road Peoject, Kano Rail, Nigeria-Morroco Gas Pr / BREAKING: FG Suspends Proposed Telecoms Tax

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.