Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,253 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:34 AM

Kanuri People - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Kanuri People (8693 Views)

Kanuri Speakers / Hausa, Fulani, Kanuri Of The Sudan / Looking At Marriages In Kanuri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kanuri People by mmb(m): 10:23am On Aug 17, 2007
what do you know about the kanuris that live in north eastern nigeria
Re: Kanuri People by chilla(f): 3:12pm On Aug 24, 2007
Kanuris are highly respected people in Northern Nigeria. They are people that value very well their culture. Their ladies are excellent when it comes to caring for their men n cooking as well. They are usually called the Calabar gals of Northern Nigeria.

One difference they make is their pride that makes them 2 be despised by other Northeners, while it cld be so easy for a Hausa man 2 walk up2 his Neighbour n ask for somethn he doesnt have, a Kanuri man rather prefers to sweat n work as low as cutting grasses n selln them. To him the word beg is out of his dictionary. Am not sayn thy dnt beg, point of correction, they do, but 2 a great minimum.
Re: Kanuri People by kanurisud: 7:57pm On Apr 28, 2009
no more information
I am a kanuri , but I know vri little infrmtion about their tradtions and customs
Re: Kanuri People by temi4rea(f): 1:42pm On Apr 29, 2009
kanuri sud:

no more information
I am a kanuri , but I know vri little infrmtion about their tradtions and customs

Really!

I knw they dress like Indians.
Re: Kanuri People by ifyalways(f): 8:57pm On Apr 29, 2009
They make very good Fura d'Nunu and Burukutu.Plus,their women are good with herbs smiley
Re: Kanuri People by kanurisud: 10:13pm On Apr 29, 2009
I knw they dress like Indians

both men and women dress like Indains?
do not they have special dress for special occasions?
Re: Kanuri People by temi4rea(f): 9:26am On Apr 30, 2009
@Kanuri

The women most often dress that way,

Yea they are pretth good wth herbs,

Kanuri women have a great shape unlike the indians.
Re: Kanuri People by Jummy4real(f): 3:32pm On Sep 21, 2011
Dear Nairalanders,

My daughter is to wear Kanuri cultural attire on their cultural day

Could you please post the pics of Kanuri mode of dressing or describe it?

Thanking you in advance.

(1) (Reply)

Why Is Bleaching Considered Especially Bad? / Would You Obey Tradition And Allow Your Wife Appear Like This On Your TM Day 18+ / Good Old Days Or Modern Age Which Do You Prefer ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.