Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,253 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:30 AM

Best European Country - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Best European Country (46986 Views)

Best European Country To Live In. / Best European Country To Live And Obtain Resident Permit On Time / Atleast Nigeria Is Visa Free To One Strong European Country; Andorra (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Best European Country by topeajis(m): 6:29pm On Feb 22, 2013
dotcom_na_me_na_me:

Very good question for the right move.

Firstly get yourself familiar with the german jobs search site here http://www.arbeitsagentur.de/

Earning money alongside studying is a way of life for many students in Germany. The latest social survey carried out by the Deutsche Studentenwerke shows that in total around two thirds of all students go to work.
For international students in particular a side job is an important means of subsistence.

If you work too much and not in line with your qualifications, you lengthen the time of study. You should only use lecture-free time for going to work.

The job market for students is getting more and more difficult; jobs are becoming increasingly rarer.

As of August 2012 international students who do not come from the EU or EEA are allowed to work 120 full or 240 half days in a year. To do this they do not need authorisation from the Employment Agency, i.e. the German authorities.
International students who do not come from the EU cannot go self employed or work freelance!

If you want to work more than 120 full or 240 half days you need the approval of the Employment Agency and the Aliens Department. Whether you receive the approval depends on the situation of the job market in your place of study.

In regions with high unemployment you will have little chance of working more than 90 days.
One exception, however, is the occupation of academic or student assistant. As long as your studies are not impaired by it, this work can be carried out for an unlimited period of time. The Aliens Department must still be informed if you wish to work as an academic or student assistant!

If you do not come from the EU or the EEA and have a work placement in Germany it counts as normal work - even if the placement is unpaid! Every day of your work experience will be subtracted from your 120 days.

For example, if you have already worked 120 days you must get authorisation from the Aliens Department and the Federal Employment Agency to be able to do a work placement.

The only exceptions are work placements that are a compulsory part of your studies.

In Germany different places offer side jobs for students. Most regional employment agencies have job opportunities for students. In large university cities, such as Berlin, the Studentenwerk or the students themselves run job agencies.

Often jobs are advertised on the notice boards at the universities. Most university websites and Studentenwerke have a job market on their website. What is more, all regional or local newspapers have an appointments section where vacant positions are advertised.

During the term holidays special rules apply for students.
Jobs taken on during the term holidays are subject to income tax but normally students get back the taxes they have paid at the end of the year via the income tax return.

If the job is carried out only during lecture-free time students do not have to pay any health insurance contributions, even if they work more than 20 hours a week.

During term holidays the obligation to pay contributions towards the state pension may not be applicable: this applies if the employment is limited to a maximum of 2 months or 50 working days per year.

I hope this help?

Thanks yu very much
Re: Best European Country by topeajis(m): 6:29pm On Feb 22, 2013
dotcom_na_me_na_me:

Very good question for the right move.

Firstly get yourself familiar with the german jobs search site here http://www.arbeitsagentur.de/

Earning money alongside studying is a way of life for many students in Germany. The latest social survey carried out by the Deutsche Studentenwerke shows that in total around two thirds of all students go to work.
For international students in particular a side job is an important means of subsistence.

If you work too much and not in line with your qualifications, you lengthen the time of study. You should only use lecture-free time for going to work.

The job market for students is getting more and more difficult; jobs are becoming increasingly rarer.

As of August 2012 international students who do not come from the EU or EEA are allowed to work 120 full or 240 half days in a year. To do this they do not need authorisation from the Employment Agency, i.e. the German authorities.
International students who do not come from the EU cannot go self employed or work freelance!

If you want to work more than 120 full or 240 half days you need the approval of the Employment Agency and the Aliens Department. Whether you receive the approval depends on the situation of the job market in your place of study.

In regions with high unemployment you will have little chance of working more than 90 days.
One exception, however, is the occupation of academic or student assistant. As long as your studies are not impaired by it, this work can be carried out for an unlimited period of time. The Aliens Department must still be informed if you wish to work as an academic or student assistant!

If you do not come from the EU or the EEA and have a work placement in Germany it counts as normal work - even if the placement is unpaid! Every day of your work experience will be subtracted from your 120 days.

For example, if you have already worked 120 days you must get authorisation from the Aliens Department and the Federal Employment Agency to be able to do a work placement.

The only exceptions are work placements that are a compulsory part of your studies.

In Germany different places offer side jobs for students. Most regional employment agencies have job opportunities for students. In large university cities, such as Berlin, the Studentenwerk or the students themselves run job agencies.

Often jobs are advertised on the notice boards at the universities. Most university websites and Studentenwerke have a job market on their website. What is more, all regional or local newspapers have an appointments section where vacant positions are advertised.

During the term holidays special rules apply for students.
Jobs taken on during the term holidays are subject to income tax but normally students get back the taxes they have paid at the end of the year via the income tax return.

If the job is carried out only during lecture-free time students do not have to pay any health insurance contributions, even if they work more than 20 hours a week.

During term holidays the obligation to pay contributions towards the state pension may not be applicable: this applies if the employment is limited to a maximum of 2 months or 50 working days per year.

I hope this help?

Thanks yu very much
Re: Best European Country by sunnyd4u: 10:13am On Feb 24, 2013
@dotcom_na_me_na_me i really appreciate your kind gesture bro the visa i have is greece employment for two years, is it possible for me to see someone that i can use his paper to work
Re: Best European Country by dotcomnamename: 11:10am On Feb 24, 2013
sunnyd4u: @dotcom_na_me_na_me i really appreciate your kind gesture bro the visa i have is greece employment for two years, is it possible for me to see someone that i can use his paper to work

Greek Work Permit or u mean a Schengen study or visit visa issued by the Greek Embassy?

And secondly, why must you use someone else paper to work? If you try it u will spend the rest of your visa validity in prison. Get the right visa to travel.
Re: Best European Country by Adedayo516(m): 12:33am On Feb 26, 2013
Ok......seriously, reading this things give me a lot of headache.....Laws, rules, laws.... I just want to study there and reading through some of the comments on this forum(and other forums) about germany gives me a lot of headache

I need to be clear on some issues which includes:
>What percentage of assurance do I have that I would get a student visa(I don't have a lot of money, and the little I have,am not ready to waste!)?
>Am I assured of finding anything to do ASAP(It doesn't matter what type of job, have been hustling all my life, so am built to survive hard times) so as to cater for my needs?
>Would I be able to survive without a knowledge of the german language?!
>What cities do u suggets for someone with a low budget?
>Then lastly, I don't have €8000 for a blocked account(visibly now), I need a sponsor!(Am being honest)

Am just being Optimistic, looking ahead for the BEST future for my self which I believe I can get in Europe with little or no tuition fee(just the right frame of mind).

#Skill:
I play basketball and am 6ft 3inch tall(kidda too tall☺)
I use to sow(clothes). With a little bit of tutoring, I would be back on track

Thanks to all those that would reply to this post(from a really aspiring young Nigerian)
Re: Best European Country by Adedayo516(m): 9:04pm On Mar 01, 2013
Adedayo516: Ok......seriously, reading this things give me a lot of headache.....Laws, rules, laws.... I just want to study there and reading through some of the comments on this forum(and other forums) about germany gives me a lot of headache

>What percentage of assurance do I have that I would get a student visa(I don't have a lot of money, and the little I have,am not ready to waste!)?
>Am I assured of finding anything to do ASAP(It doesn't matter what type of job, have been hustling all my life, so am built to survive hard times) so as to cater for my needs?
>Then lastly, I don't have €8000 for a blocked account(visibly now), I need a sponsor!(Am being honest)

Am just being Optimistic, looking ahead for the BEST future for my self which I believe I can get in Europe with little or no tuition fee(just the right frame of mind).

#Skill:

Thanks to all those that would reply to this post(from a really aspiring young Nigerian)

Let someone please answer me.....please,please,please I need answers
Re: Best European Country by Nobody: 10:54pm On Mar 01, 2013
Adedayo516: Ok......seriously, reading this things give me a lot of headache.....Laws, rules, laws.... I just want to study there and reading through some of the comments on this forum(and other forums) about germany gives me a lot of headache

#Skill:

I don't understand your issues...
If you must go to Germany with study visa, there are conditions that must be meant and they are:
Find a school
Apply to the school
Get your block account 8000+euro ready...
Learn their language for easy communication.
In terms of part time job, there are opportunity in any of the followings:
hotel
hospital
mercedes benz company
production
packaging
Germany need man power
Re: Best European Country by Nobody: 9:43pm On Jun 09, 2013
[/font]Please is it possible to go to Germany as a visitor and register for school there[font=Lucida Sans Unicode]
Re: Best European Country by Nobody: 2:50pm On Jun 10, 2013
[size=30pt]ENGLAND[/size] grin grin
Re: Best European Country by Nobody: 3:05pm On Jun 10, 2013
adaobi123: [size=30pt]ENGLAND[/size] grin grin
Not 4 all d coal in Newcastle, [size=30pt]]Russia all d way[/size][
Re: Best European Country by Nobody: 3:07pm On Jun 10, 2013
ighoosagie:
Not 4 all d coal in Newcastle, [size=30pt]]Russia all d way[/size][

that racist place undecided

3 Likes

Re: Best European Country by Nobody: 3:09pm On Jun 10, 2013
Germany
Re: Best European Country by Nobody: 3:17pm On Jun 10, 2013
adaobi123:

that racist place undecided
That was then, grin embarassed
They re d higest oil producing nation in d world.
They supply d whole European communities with oil.
I luv oil money
Re: Best European Country by Nobody: 3:18pm On Jun 10, 2013
ighoosagie:
That was then, grin embarassed
They re d higest oil producing nation in d world.
They supply d whole European communities with oil.
I luv oil money

lol

Its too cold there
angry tongue
Re: Best European Country by Nobody: 3:30pm On Jun 10, 2013
adaobi123:

lol

Its too cold there
angry tongue
Others sees it as opportunity undecided cry tongue lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Best European Country by Nobody: 3:36pm On Jun 10, 2013
ighoosagie:
Others sees it as opportunity undecided cry tongue lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

have you been ?
Re: Best European Country by Nobody: 3:50pm On Jun 10, 2013
adaobi123:

have you been ?
Not yet, but I wish 2 tour on all d then USSR
Re: Best European Country by Nobody: 3:59pm On Jun 10, 2013
ighoosagie:
Not yet, but I wish 2 tour on all d then USSR

Have fun cheesy
Re: Best European Country by Nobody: 4:03pm On Jun 10, 2013
adaobi123:

Have fun cheesy
We could see d world 2geda, hope u don't mind?
Re: Best European Country by Nobody: 4:04pm On Jun 10, 2013
ighoosagie:
We could see d world 2geda, hope u don't mind?

cheesy

Nope, I would like to see the world
Re: Best European Country by Nobody: 4:19pm On Jun 10, 2013
adaobi123:

cheesy

Nope, I would like to see the world
In that case i need 2 take my kin men 2 see ya fada ASAP
Re: Best European Country by Nobody: 4:21pm On Jun 10, 2013
ighoosagie:
In that case in need 2 take my kin men 2 see ya fada ASAP

grin

Wait a couple of years first
Re: Best European Country by Nobody: 4:25pm On Jun 10, 2013
adaobi123:

grin

Wait a couple of years first
I'm sorry I don't believe in d future.
Now is d hour
Re: Best European Country by Nobody: 4:27pm On Jun 10, 2013
ighoosagie:
I'm sorry I don't believe in d future.
Now is d hour

have some patience grin
Re: Best European Country by Nobody: 4:50pm On Jun 10, 2013
adaobi123:

have some patience grin
Read noba 18 of d link below,
https://www.nairaland.com/1264572/20-tasks-father-should-neverRead noba
Re: Best European Country by Nobody: 10:28pm On Jun 10, 2013
Someone should please answer to my question help needed
ik.swiss:
[/font]Please is it possible to go to Germany as a visitor and register for school there[font=Lucida Sans Unicode]
Re: Best European Country by Nobody: 10:31pm On Jun 10, 2013
ik.swiss:
Someone should please answer to my question help needed

I dont think so, I think you need to get admission first and then apply for a student visa.
Re: Best European Country by Nobody: 6:18pm On Jun 18, 2013
PLEASE WHAT OF FINLAND ?
Re: Best European Country by assefa: 6:53am On Jun 19, 2013
I am asse from ethiopia & I like travel to europ for getting marrege from europian women

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Adatan, Abeokuta Flooded, People Dead, Car Swallowed, Chinese Company Blamed / Lagos - Ikorodu Road In 1947 / Abraham Airaodion Honoured In Dubai For Returning N12M Forgotten In His Taxi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.