Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,383 members, 7,829,996 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:41 PM

Lecturers Will Never Tell You This In The University - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Lecturers Will Never Tell You This In The University (34590 Views)

Concerns About Ai Portrait Generation: Things They'll Never Tell You About / What No Employer Will Tell You. I Learned This The Hard Way / UNILORIN Recruitment | The University Of Ilorin – August 2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lecturers Will Never Tell You This In The University by mespusinglez(m): 8:36am On Aug 31, 2022
WAHALA
Re: Lecturers Will Never Tell You This In The University by Emnyte(m): 9:28am On Aug 31, 2022
Stop wasting your hard earned money on any course that is above $10. If you want a FREE access to this course HOW TO MAKE YOUR FIRST $1000 ONLINE. DM me on08107805460
Re: Lecturers Will Never Tell You This In The University by Le2money(m): 9:29am On Aug 31, 2022
stevnwigw1:
LECTURERS WILL NEVER TELL YOU THIS IN THE UNIVERSITY ����

If you are invited for a job interview, at the entrance of the gate or within the Organization's premises:

1. Politely greet everybody. I have seen MDs and Managers disguised and standing at the gate to observe interviewees.

2. Do not go inside and start charging your phone or begin to look for where to charge your phone.

3. Do not go inside and begin to chat with your phone or make unnecessary calls. Put the phone inside your bag. They could be monitoring you through the camera.

4. Avoid too much talk with fellow interviewees. Don't go there and begin to argue about the government of the day, escalated food prices, and even lack of employment opportunities. Just be calm and positive.

5. Don't start praying and speaking in tongues to demonstrate your religiosity and closeness to God. Pray at home before going.

6. If they offer you Tea or food, Please reject it politely and thank them. You can take it after the interview. If you take that Tea or food, you are out.

7. Don't chew gum, biscuit, or anything. Go with a book and be reading it.

8. Never criticize your previous employer.

9. If you see somebody you know in the Organization, either as a staff or a fellow interviewee, greet him officially. Avoid creating an impression that you know him.

10. Do not appear too Poor, helpless, and inferior before the interviewer. Forget about Nigeria's problems, your personal and family problems. Focus on the job.

11. After the interview, put up a smiling face, thank them and leave.

In most cases, interviewers assess and score interviewees by the factors above and not necessarily by the answers they provide on paper. They'll train you eventually to do the job if they employ you.
Re: Lecturers Will Never Tell You This In The University by Angelfrost(m): 9:33am On Aug 31, 2022
Great thread... This is just common sense tbh!

Thing is... How can the lecturers tell them these things when most of the lecturers don't know these?!!

A lot of these things regarding simple courtesy ought to be ingrained from birth! Some of us started learning most of these things before gaining admission into University.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lecturers Will Never Tell You This In The University by eedimo(m): 9:34am On Aug 31, 2022
stevnwigw1:

If you are invited for a job interview, at the entrance of the gate or within the Organization's premises:

1. Politely greet everybody. I have seen MDs and Managers disguised and standing at the gate to observe interviewees.

2. Do not go inside and start charging your phone or begin to look for where to charge your phone.

3. Do not go inside and begin to chat with your phone or make unnecessary calls. Put the phone inside your bag. They could be monitoring you through the camera.

4. Avoid too much talk with fellow interviewees. Don't go there and begin to argue about the government of the day, escalated food prices, and even lack of employment opportunities. Just be calm and positive.

5. Don't start praying and speaking in tongues to demonstrate your religiosity and closeness to God. Pray at home before going.

6. If they offer you Tea or food, Please reject it politely and thank them. You can take it after the interview. If you take that Tea or food, you are out.

9. If you see somebody you know in the Organization, either as a staff or a fellow interviewee, greet him officially. Avoid creating an impression that you know him.

10. Do not appear too Poor, helpless, and inferior before the interviewer. Forget about Nigeria's problems, your personal and family problems. Focus on the job.

In most cases, interviewers assess and score interviewees by the factors above and not necessarily by the answers they provide on paper. They'll train you eventually to do the job if they employ you.
Totally true.
Being invited by a company to assess job seekers in the past, i can say you have done a good research.

1 Like

Re: Lecturers Will Never Tell You This In The University by SmartPolician: 9:36am On Aug 31, 2022
Too many rules and regulations because there are no jobs in Nigeria. In the United States, they beg Caucasians to come and work

Until you are able to create your own job and break off the shackles of your employer, you will remain their slave in Nigeria.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lecturers Will Never Tell You This In The University by Lamasta(m): 9:36am On Aug 31, 2022
This advice is just a normal protocol observation for job seekers going for interviews it does not necessarily qualify you to get the job.....

1 Like

Re: Lecturers Will Never Tell You This In The University by Slymontee: 9:37am On Aug 31, 2022
stevnwigw1:

All these for a job of how much?

3 Likes

Re: Lecturers Will Never Tell You This In The University by Lannister360: 9:40am On Aug 31, 2022
stevnwigw1:

All these sound like eye service and slave mentality, if them offer me tea make I nor drink, make i nor press my phone. Company when nor employ you because you de press phone or drink tea na bad company, e mean say na very loyal slave when go de do yes sir all the time them de find, and slave mentality company nor de usually pay well, multinational companies can never use the criteria you stated above.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lecturers Will Never Tell You This In The University by Sukkyy2010: 9:41am On Aug 31, 2022
Strictly applied to job seeker and upcoming employee. I hate job tho angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lecturers Will Never Tell You This In The University by irunoko(m): 9:42am On Aug 31, 2022
Roger3D:
Excellent advice. I can't see anything you've said that's not at least partially correct
so what's the work of your parents? Is the lecturer going to teach you basic social etiquette and norms that your mom or dad should be teaching you? Lecturers aren't your parents.

1 Like

Re: Lecturers Will Never Tell You This In The University by irunoko(m): 9:42am On Aug 31, 2022
Roger3D:
Excellent advice. I can't see anything you've said that's not at least partially correct
so what's the work of your parents? Is the lecturer going to teach you basic social etiquette and norms that your mom or dad should be teaching you? Lecturers aren't your parents. lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Lecturers Will Never Tell You This In The University by benjanny(m): 9:43am On Aug 31, 2022
you don't need to be told
Re: Lecturers Will Never Tell You This In The University by TUTU147: 9:45am On Aug 31, 2022
Job when be your own na your own

1 Like

Re: Lecturers Will Never Tell You This In The University by benjanny(m): 9:47am On Aug 31, 2022
Noted
Re: Lecturers Will Never Tell You This In The University by OvaSabi1(f): 9:50am On Aug 31, 2022
Low self esteem due to bad labor market policies. If you are traveling outside Nigeria, you will need to change your mindset against some of these attitudes to interviews. A job candidate who keeps to themselves and refuses to mix freely with the other candidates is seen as a red flag in developed labor markets.

If they offer you tea over there, you’re supposed to say, yes please thank you. You are allowed to have a quiet chat with the other candidates. This is old school interview tactics driven by scarcity mentality. Gen Z are changing the way things are done.

So you mean you would go to an interview with an eccentric tech cofounder and he will offer you tea and you will refuse it? It’s like you think that this one is a civil service or old Bank of the North interview. Abi you are confusing this with meeting your in laws.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lecturers Will Never Tell You This In The University by judedwriter(m): 9:51am On Aug 31, 2022
Long story.... undecided

Getting a good job in Nigeria is based on

70% who you know

20% your qualifications

10% favour

100% God's miracle

1 Like

Re: Lecturers Will Never Tell You This In The University by womenareapezz: 9:51am On Aug 31, 2022
All this is just rubbish undecided
I have seen a prostitutie got work just because she has slept with the MD.

I have seen a woman who knows nothing about the work got an appointment because she knows one or two politicians

I have seen someone got an appointment because that person knows one or two persons.

I have seen someone got an appointment because his name is Muhammad, adbul, Musa, abubaka whereby your name is tobi, chukuemeka, Femi, they won't even answer you undecided

Forget all this rubbish stuff in Nigeria! Even if you play polite or do all those rubbish list, your name still won't be on there list.

Nigeria is a mess up country, just by knowing one person who knows another persons that know one other persons, you will get the job without any protocol.

Nepotism is eating this country undecided

Only in Africa interviewers or employer claiming Demi god angry

Those rubbish you mentioned isn't applicable on the shores of abroad because them mostly use your social interaction with people and how you handle stuff socially. Those companies won't want a psychopath in there mist! Hence mostly on your social skills.

I remembered when I was interviewed by one company abroad! During the interview they were checking my social handle and got surprised that I wasn't the interactive person on social media and got fewer friends! undecided
This got them scared hence switch to asking some psychological questions undecided
It takes alot of intellectual engagement to Clarify somt stuff and make them at ease before I got the job. Even when I got the job I was still under surveillance for months undecided

Nigeria is a mess up third world country hence playing Demi god to oppressed people angry

4 Likes

Re: Lecturers Will Never Tell You This In The University by backnbeta(f): 9:52am On Aug 31, 2022
Faber:

Don't say Catholic Church, even if you're a Catholic..many pentecostal churches hate Catholic Church and Catholics, but even if the manger or those employing you are Catholics, they will still hire you as Catholics no too dey discriminate against other churches.

You have shown so much discrimination in one post! "Many pentecostal churches hate Catholics but Catholics will hire just anyone" you say? I'm not going to debate your lies with you; just, know that discrimination is hate, and there is no place for it in the workplace. Strive to be a person who promotes diversity and commits to sustaining an inclusive culture. I truly hope the average Catholic doesn't share your mindset undecided

2 Likes

Re: Lecturers Will Never Tell You This In The University by emmyluizzz: 9:53am On Aug 31, 2022
lie lie..if they offer me food I must chop am

PS..the last interview I went to I was offered food I ate it and I got the job

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lecturers Will Never Tell You This In The University by OvaSabi1(f): 9:53am On Aug 31, 2022
Lannister360:

All these sound like eye service and slave mentality, if them offer me tea make I nor drink, make i nor press my phone. Company when nor employ you because you de press phone or drink tea na bad company, e mean say na very loyal slave when go de do yes sir all the time them de find, and slave mentality company nor de usually pay well, multinational companies can never use the criteria you stated above.

Leave them with their scarcity mentality driven interview tips. If you try these abroad you may be rejected due to being antisocial. This is why many of us struggle to get jobs and stay back abroad. There’s something called “bad fit”. If you are seeking to work at retail banking or sales, you will be observed in an environment on how you interact with other candidates.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lecturers Will Never Tell You This In The University by Tajbol4splend(m): 9:58am On Aug 31, 2022
On top 30k job

6 Likes

Re: Lecturers Will Never Tell You This In The University by izombie(m): 10:00am On Aug 31, 2022
Those saying it's not for everybody should take am easy o. Op never said it's for everybody but it's for someone.

2 Likes

Re: Lecturers Will Never Tell You This In The University by NJV: 10:03am On Aug 31, 2022
@OP I like your sense of humor

1 Like

Re: Lecturers Will Never Tell You This In The University by brandsoncharlie: 10:07am On Aug 31, 2022
stevnwigw1:

There are courses in university nowadays that tailor students employability skills or set skills for a job don’t know if they do such course in Nigeria universities.
Re: Lecturers Will Never Tell You This In The University by PARADIZEPRIEST: 10:08am On Aug 31, 2022
ALL LAZY YOUTHS OF TODAY ARE GUILTY OF ALL THESE. sad
IT'S JUST SIMPLE MANNERS AND VITAL HABITS YOU GROW WITH FROM A GOODHOME. angry

1 Like

Re: Lecturers Will Never Tell You This In The University by Bonab: 10:10am On Aug 31, 2022
You forgot to remind them not to breath because they are facing the judgment day. When you are too cautious, you appear boring and less confident.

Be the best version of yourself with confidence. If you're good they'll take you. Period.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lecturers Will Never Tell You This In The University by Stargurl20(f): 10:12am On Aug 31, 2022
Great.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Fbnquest Merchant Bank 2018 Graduate Trainee Programme / Recruitment At Chrisland University Ogun State / Ministry Of Interior Is Accepting CVs Online (graduates And Experienced)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.