Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,944 members, 7,817,771 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:15 PM

Makarfi To Peter Obi & Kwankwaso: Return To PDP, Swallow Your Personal Ambition - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Makarfi To Peter Obi & Kwankwaso: Return To PDP, Swallow Your Personal Ambition (24457 Views)

Abure To Ajaero: NLC Does Not Own LP, You Have A Personal Ambition In 2027 / Adedayo Adeyeye: Atiku Placing Personal Ambition Above National Interest / Amaechi: My Presidential Aspiration Not A Personal Ambition + Why I'm Contesting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Makarfi To Peter Obi & Kwankwaso: Return To PDP, Swallow Your Personal Ambition by isahrabson: 12:06pm On Aug 30, 2022
A former Governor of Kaduna State, Ahmed Makarfi, has asked Labour Party’s presidential candidate, Peter Obi; and his New Nigeria Peoples Party’s counterpart, Rabiu Kwankwaso to swallow their personal ambition and return to the Peoples Democratic Party just as the Senator representing Kano Central, Ibrahim Shekarau, left the New Nigeria Peoples Party and rejoined the Peoples Democratic Party.

Makarfi, a former PDP chairman, was a guest on Channels Television’s breakfast show, Sunrise Daily, where he made this remark on Tuesday.

According to the 66-year-old statesman, there are only two parties in Nigeria – the PDP and the All Progressives Congress.

He also said frustrated youths are using Obi, a former Anambra State governor, as a symbol, adding that youths should not make decisions on the presidential candidate to vote for in anger. Obi had left the PDP in May and emerged as the Labour Party’s presidential candidate.

Channels Television had reported that Shekarau, also a former Kano governor, from 2003 to 2011, dumped the NNPP after a rift with the party’s presidential candidate, Rabiu Kwankwaso. Shekarau was received in the PDP on Monday by the party’s chairman, Iyorchia Ayu; its flagbearer, Atiku Abubakar; amongst other PDP heavyweights in the north.

Speaking on the development during the programme on Tuesday, Makarfi said Shekarau’s move to the PDP was based on conviction and not personal ambition, noting that the new defector has abandoned his senatorial ambition for 2023 in the NNPP.

Shekarau had in May left the APC after a fallout with Governor Abdullahi Ganduje. Shekarau joined the NNPP but barely three months later, he dumped the NNPP for the PDP. The founding member of the APC in 2013 was also a PDP member in 2014.

He said, “Nigerian politics is a bit funny especially politics of the opposition. Before APC captured power, the opposition came together but unfortunately, we have a situation in Nigeria where the opposition wakes up and everyone tries to capture power.

“I want to make a plea to other opposition parties that let them think about Nigeria first and what is good for Nigeria; let us do what APC did – come together, talk amongst ourselves and arrive at something that all of us will agree to and bring positive change to this country.

Peter Obi, personally, he respects me, I respect him. Kwankwaso still is my friend, I respect him but the issue is that we should all swallow personal ambition for the sake of this country and bring positive change by changing the government that is in power today.

“About the fears of the youths, I am not blaming them but when you are frustrated when you are angry, you may take a decision that will worsen your situation.

“I call on other opposition parties to actually come together, especially Peter Obi, I know he respects our presidential candidate (Atiku) a lot and many of us. PDP will be home to him, PDP will be home to his supporters, and Kwankwaso, we all started PDP together, let us come back home and do the needful for the sake of this country.”

https://www.channelstv.com/2022/08/30/shekarau-swallow-personal-ambition-return-to-pdp-makarfi-tells-peter-obi/amp/

8 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Makarfi To Peter Obi & Kwankwaso: Return To PDP, Swallow Your Personal Ambition by rayoshiny: 12:07pm On Aug 30, 2022
grin

13 Likes

Re: Makarfi To Peter Obi & Kwankwaso: Return To PDP, Swallow Your Personal Ambition by Authority1o1(m): 12:07pm On Aug 30, 2022
Okay...

I recently saw a caricature of the frontline contenders in the forthcoming election, and in it, Wike was depicted as an attention-grabbing damsel who these aspirants all want.

I think Obi more perfectly deserves a similitude of such a caricature.

In it, he should be shown as a liitle, 'structureless' boy who continues to quake the structures of establshed parties, and who suddenly became the name in the mouths of every person, both of the opposition and otherwise.

All I'm saying is that Obi is as much a citizen of Nigeria as these disgustingly entitled Northerners who think Igbos must always 'support' and deputize them.

201 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Makarfi To Peter Obi & Kwankwaso: Return To PDP, Swallow Your Personal Ambition by loosecanon50(m): 12:07pm On Aug 30, 2022
Short joke: Joke

Long joke: Jooooookkkkkkkeeeeee.

This is a long joke grin. The joke of the century

For more jokes, text 'jokes' to 419

251 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Makarfi To Peter Obi & Kwankwaso: Return To PDP, Swallow Your Personal Ambition by Nobody: 12:08pm On Aug 30, 2022
Never.

27 Likes

Re: Makarfi To Peter Obi & Kwankwaso: Return To PDP, Swallow Your Personal Ambition by johnmartus(m): 12:09pm On Aug 30, 2022
Peter obi shouldn't hesitate to heed to this calling.

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Makarfi To Peter Obi & Kwankwaso: Return To PDP, Swallow Your Personal Ambition by SmartPolician: 12:09pm On Aug 30, 2022
He's a joker.

Obi should stay in Labour Party and build it.

The good thing is that it has nationwide reach.

Going back to APC or PDP goes against everything he stands for.

201 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Makarfi To Peter Obi & Kwankwaso: Return To PDP, Swallow Your Personal Ambition by slivertongue: 12:09pm On Aug 30, 2022
Why beg them i thought they are dispensable and of no impact.

108 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Makarfi To Peter Obi & Kwankwaso: Return To PDP, Swallow Your Personal Ambition by Opintiwa: 12:10pm On Aug 30, 2022
The APC urchins are not the ones fighting and shouting ipob up and down.

It is the PDP erats especially the ones in the East .

Wanting Peter to come back so backlash can reduce.

But I tell you , that ship has sailed, you all neglected him in PDP.

Good riddance

nlfpmod ginger the swagger

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Makarfi To Peter Obi & Kwankwaso: Return To PDP, Swallow Your Personal Ambition by Risentouch(m): 12:10pm On Aug 30, 2022
Op you should have created this thread on the crime section.

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: Makarfi To Peter Obi & Kwankwaso: Return To PDP, Swallow Your Personal Ambition by warripekin(m): 12:11pm On Aug 30, 2022
Jokers every where. Pdp died the day Mikano usurped the presidential ticket. We can't continue patronizing failure. Obidient all the way.

125 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Makarfi To Peter Obi & Kwankwaso: Return To PDP, Swallow Your Personal Ambition by loosecanon50(m): 12:11pm On Aug 30, 2022
Risentouch:
Op you should have created this thread on the crime section.

This vawulence is undiluted grin grin

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: Makarfi To Peter Obi & Kwankwaso: Return To PDP, Swallow Your Personal Ambition by Moh247: 12:12pm On Aug 30, 2022
cool

E don red for PDP...

No more SouthEast vote

245 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Makarfi To Peter Obi & Kwankwaso: Return To PDP, Swallow Your Personal Ambition by Softmirror: 12:13pm On Aug 30, 2022
grin

EVEN IF HE DOES, PDP WILL STILL LOSE!

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Makarfi To Peter Obi & Kwankwaso: Return To PDP, Swallow Your Personal Ambition by alizma: 12:13pm On Aug 30, 2022
They already know the direction of things. It will take a "merger" to defeat that strategist called emilokan, ignore that man at your own risk.

36 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Makarfi To Peter Obi & Kwankwaso: Return To PDP, Swallow Your Personal Ambition by Svoboda(m): 12:13pm On Aug 30, 2022
Makarfi understands fully that Pdp has been split in 3, and this makes it easier for the apc in 2023 to win bearing in mind the apc defeated a united pdp in 2019. In other words, obi is hurting atiku more, likewise kwankwaso, which is all music to Tinubus ears.

30 Likes

Re: Makarfi To Peter Obi & Kwankwaso: Return To PDP, Swallow Your Personal Ambition by Risentouch(m): 12:30pm On Aug 30, 2022
Svoboda:
Makarfi understands fully that Pdp has been split in 3, and this makes it easier for the apc in 2023 to win bearing in mind the apc defeated a united pdp in 2019. In other words, obi is hurting atiku more, likewise kwankwaso, which is all music to Tinubus ears.

But Obi is not hurting Tinubu in SW?
Please tell us another lie, we have heard this before.

52 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Makarfi To Peter Obi & Kwankwaso: Return To PDP, Swallow Your Personal Ambition by Svoboda(m): 12:43pm On Aug 30, 2022
Risentouch:

But Obi is not hurting Tinubu in SW?
Please tell us another lie, we have heard this before.

Peter obi is tapping his support from fragmentally loose elements on the margins in the SW and from the core of the pdp support. The Apc support is hardly untouched. You think Markarfi is a fool to make such an appeal?

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Makarfi To Peter Obi & Kwankwaso: Return To PDP, Swallow Your Personal Ambition by sukar886: 12:56pm On Aug 30, 2022
Markafi you are indeed mad

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Makarfi To Peter Obi & Kwankwaso: Return To PDP, Swallow Your Personal Ambition by Nobody: 1:05pm On Aug 30, 2022
Svoboda:

Wrong analysis... An outright PDP/APC contest might/would have been a lot easier for the APC.. its easier knocking Atiku with the 16yrs Fulani rule/Northern rule, he and Tinubu are equal on corruption and Age, same old wine e.t.c... Peter Obi was the game change, he is that proverbial bone in the throat..

65 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Makarfi To Peter Obi & Kwankwaso: Return To PDP, Swallow Your Personal Ambition by Nobody: 1:09pm On Aug 30, 2022
Rightful thing to do.
Obidient matters

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Makarfi To Peter Obi & Kwankwaso: Return To PDP, Swallow Your Personal Ambition by DrAkpamudehe: 1:27pm On Aug 30, 2022
SmartPolician:
He's a joker.

Obi should stay in Labour Party and build it.

The good thing is that it has nationwide reach.

Going back to APC or PDP goes against everything he stands for.

Is it obi the Wanderer that couldn't stay in APGA to build it nationally that U r asking to build Labor party after he loses next year?
I don't know the brand of weed you children smoke these days

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Makarfi To Peter Obi & Kwankwaso: Return To PDP, Swallow Your Personal Ambition by Nobody: 1:29pm On Aug 30, 2022
Weed smoker grin

3 Likes

Re: Makarfi To Peter Obi & Kwankwaso: Return To PDP, Swallow Your Personal Ambition by ruggedtimi(m): 1:39pm On Aug 30, 2022
isahrabson:
Return to PDP, swallow your personal ambition – Makarfi begs Peter Obi, Kwankwaso

August 30, 2022

Former Governor of Kaduna State, Ahmed Makarfi, has urged the presidential candidates of Labour Party, LP, Peter Obi, and his New Nigeria Peoples Party, NNPP, counterpart, Rabiu Kwankwaso to return to the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP.

Makarfi said Obi and Kwankwaso should swallow their personal ambitions and return to the PDP.

The former PDP National Chairman disclosed this on Channels Television’s breakfast show, Sunrise Daily.

Makarfi urged aggrieved PDP members to unite and discuss their differences in the country’s interest.

According to Makarfi: “Peter Obi respects me; I respect him. Kwankwaso still is my friend, I respect him, but the issue is that we should all swallow personal ambition for the sake of this country and bring positive change by changing the government that is in power today.

“I call on other opposition parties to actually come together, especially Peter Obi.

“PDP will be home to him, PDP will be home to his supporters, and Kwankwaso, we all started PDP together; let us come back home and do the needful for the sake of this country.”
atiku is public ambition grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Makarfi To Peter Obi & Kwankwaso: Return To PDP, Swallow Your Personal Ambition by Laggafin: 2:44pm On Aug 30, 2022
This one with rabbit teeth should shut de f** k up

1 Like

Re: Makarfi To Peter Obi & Kwankwaso: Return To PDP, Swallow Your Personal Ambition by Flora2Sweet: 2:46pm On Aug 30, 2022
Return where

Keep Dreaming

2 Likes

Re: Makarfi To Peter Obi & Kwankwaso: Return To PDP, Swallow Your Personal Ambition by FreeStuffsNG: 2:47pm On Aug 30, 2022
Just ignore them all and vote for Asiwaju Tinubu

206 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Makarfi To Peter Obi & Kwankwaso: Return To PDP, Swallow Your Personal Ambition by Mstick: 2:55pm On Aug 30, 2022
First they ignore you, then they mock you, and then you win.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpCmupmBBeY

10 Likes

Re: Makarfi To Peter Obi & Kwankwaso: Return To PDP, Swallow Your Personal Ambition by PapaHadum: 3:19pm On Aug 30, 2022
Svoboda:
Only numb and silly vessels will vote APC amidst pain and suffering brought upon Nigeria by this failed party.
https://www.nairaland.com/7307687/rice-exportation-apc-campaign-chip.wotowoto

10 Likes

Re: Makarfi To Peter Obi & Kwankwaso: Return To PDP, Swallow Your Personal Ambition by colorsofrainbow: 3:22pm On Aug 30, 2022
johnmartus:
Peter obi shouldn't hesitate to heed to this calling.

So agbado dogs are really scared of Obi winning? grin grin

Markafi named both Obi and Kwankwaso but NO,na only Obi who torments agbado dogs that they could see

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Makarfi To Peter Obi & Kwankwaso: Return To PDP, Swallow Your Personal Ambition by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 3:29pm On Aug 30, 2022
Svoboda:

Peter obi is tapping his support from fragmentally loose elements on the margins in the SW and from the core of the pdp support. The Apc support is hardly untouched. You think Markarfi is a fool to make such an appeal?
Story, SW votes alone can't make Tinubu win.Kwankwanso is splitting Buhari and Apc votes in Kano and Nw.Bad news for Tinubu

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Pictures: nollywood actor Mike Ezuruonye White Wedding / Guinness World Record: Twitter User Teases Atiku Abubakar For Hailing Hilda Baci / Photo: Obasanjo Graduates From National Open University Of Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.