Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,517 members, 7,861,496 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 01:16 PM

Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them - Car Talk (112) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them (106995 Views)

Wrong Overtaking: Who Is At Fault? / REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech / Let's Troubleshoot This Car Fault. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) ... (133) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Adekush001: 1:59pm On Jan 05
Lolz no be with anybody ohh, na self accident
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Dozieson(m): 3:53pm On Jan 05
johnson4nosa:
Happy new to all NL please what could be wrong with my Lexus Rx300, it usually takes time before it accelerate after a long press of tettle there by dragging the motor back meanwhile I have changed the fuel pump still remain the same

Scan
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 4:43pm On Jan 05
johnson4nosa:
Happy new to all NL please what could be wrong with my Lexus Rx300, it usually takes time before it accelerate after a long press of tettle there by dragging the motor back meanwhile I have changed the fuel pump still remain the same

You should scan that car.
It will be beneficial if you check ATF level and filter while at it.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Akinfrank: 8:50pm On Jan 05
Happy new year fellow Nigerians and nairalanders, I'm still on my car's issue, I appreciate everyone who has commented, i met a mechanic who told me my car engine didn't jump timing, and advised to find a good electrician, my right wheel speed sensor was fixed, the wire was damaged, the abs light went out and my speedometer is now working, I don't know if this right wheel speed sensor and non functional speedometer was responsible for my random engine cut outs which I had before.
The issue I have left is with the hard starting, it will not start in the mornings, I called my mechanic he came and took out the vacuum hose connected to the throttle body, the he added a little fuel on the throttle body and told me to start the car, and the car started once, he then told me to consult an electrician.
The electrician I consulted first told me to get a new fuel pump, but I told him I had bought a new one in the past, then he said to change the whole fuel pump assembly, I believe nothing is wrong with my fuel pump assembly, and I don't really trust all these quick judgment without a definitive test.
After the car has been started by throwing some fuel into the throttle body in the morning, it starts up again itself but it cranks for a long time, so the hard starting still persists, it never starts itself in the mornings without adding fuel on the throttle body, I need your always valuable suggestions, I have to add that when this car is started it now makes an usual exhaust sound like a backfire, I've been told my exhaust pipe leaks but I'm certain that's not the case because this funny sound came with this hard starting, thanks for your replies.
Akinfrank:
I have the 2009 V6 3.3l Hyundai sonata and it has been making a rattling sound for about 3 seconds at first start up only, some say it's the timing chain/tensioner, last week it would drive smooth and cut out and sometimes refuse to restart until a few minutes have passed, took it to get checked and it had code for crankshaft position sensor, had that replaced with a new one (not a Hyundai made as the Hyundai office in Lagos said they didn't have it, a friend bought it for me at ladipo) replaced but the problem still persisted.
Took it back again and it had code for camshaft position sensor, had those replaced ( also new) and the random engine cutouts stopped but the car started shaking if on Drive and not moving, and it also didn't respond quickly when the accelerator pedal was depressed, it'd increase rpm but not increase speed accordingly/respond fast enough, the running was rough and this was new.
Took it back again and it was showing P0335, the mech said it has probably jumped timing( at this point the mechanic was already getting frustrated), drove it back home and parked it, and it won't restart, cranks but will not start, do you think it's the timing chain? If it is, can you recommend a good brand and where to buy? I need to fix the car and I don't know what mechanic or electrician to trust anymore, these sensors and other things I bought which appeared to be guesses from technicians I visited already cost me over 120k, I've been to three mechanics/rewire, the first mechanic Even had me buy a new fuel pump.
I need your advice on what to do and maybe a recommendation about a good mechanic/rewire based in Akure
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Balistic4: 7:38pm On Jan 06
Is there any place in abuja where they do muffler delete?
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 9:54pm On Jan 06
Balistic4:
Is there any place in abuja where they do muffler delete?

I highly doubt this, it's done the local way, removal of exhaust silencer.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Balistic4: 5:07am On Jan 07
kingreign:

I highly doubt this, it's done the local way, removal of exhaust silencer.
Hmmmm not bad, still qualifies, just that I will need a good straight pipe
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Abbeyismo(m): 7:41am On Jan 07
Misfire can actually cause this,but still need to be scan and diagnose to know what wrong exactly.
08139539942 u can drop a msg if intrested.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Abbeyismo(m): 7:57am On Jan 07
Olusanya827:
I'm driving Corolla spot 2012 a
And the AC has issued I took it to where they fill gas ...I filled gas and it's was working perfectly not up to 2 weeks the gas has finished....please recommend good AC work shop for.me I stay at ikeja lagos

08139539942 my workshop around ogba call or whatapp sir i can get it fix for you.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Abbeyismo(m): 7:58am On Jan 07
johnson4nosa:

Misfire can actually cause this,but still need to be scan and diagnose to know what wrong exactly.
08139539942 u can drop a msg if intrested.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by ibinaboonline: 1:12pm On Jan 07
Please, how much for Honda Crosstour brake fluid flush?
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 2:29pm On Jan 07
ibinaboonline:
Please, how much for Honda Crosstour brake fluid flush?

Where is the car Location?
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by ibinaboonline: 3:00pm On Jan 07
Lagos.
kingreign:

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Abdul111: 4:07pm On Jan 07
kingreign:

Boss I have an Honda civic 2006 hybrid, and I donโ€™t know why the battery light is on and isnโ€™t going off, any thoughts or suggestions on this? ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿป๐Ÿ™๐Ÿป
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Abdul111: 4:07pm On Jan 07
ibinaboonline:
Lagos.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 4:19pm On Jan 07
Abdul111:
Boss I have an Honda civic 2006 hybrid, and I donโ€™t know why the battery light is on and isnโ€™t going off, any thoughts or suggestions on this? ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿป๐Ÿ™๐Ÿป

Snap picture of the cluster with the battery light showing.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 4:20pm On Jan 07
ibinaboonline:
Lagos.

You should have a technician do it for you starting from the rear right, then rear left, front right and finally front left wheel.

Ensure you use a very high quality brake fluid.

2 Likes

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Angrigowt: 5:15pm On Jan 07
Dont snap nothing. The battery light is on cos your alternator is dead and the cut out is bad. Simple. Replace alternator or let rewire who are deadbeat kazeems scatter your hybrid wiring system for u
kingreign:

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 6:42pm On Jan 07
Angrigowt:
Dont snap nothing. The battery light is on cos your alternator is dead and the cut out is bad. Simple. Replace alternator or let rewire who are deadbeat kazeems scatter your hybrid wiring system for u

Stop being silly dude. That car has two battery systems,one is the conventional 12v car battery the other is rhe hybrid, and both has warning lights, he did not state which is illuminated.

Las Las you too like palava

1 Like

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by PawsitiveBro(m): 8:59pm On Jan 07
Meanwhile, I sell all kinds of new tyres for wholesale and retail prices.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Abdul111: 10:42pm On Jan 07
kingreign:

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 1:21am On Jan 08
[quote author=Abdul111 post=127830430][/quote]

Get a competent electrican to check that battery warning light. Check if belt is on the alternator pulley, check the charge state of the alternator, check if it's a fuse or relay or the alternator itself that's causing such malfunction light to come on.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Mootae: 11:56am On Jan 08
Possible causes : Hybrid battery problems, Loose or corroded connections, Charging system issues, Faulty 12V battery.
Suggestions : Safety first, Visual inspection, Check other lights, Error codes, Seek professional help on requestmechanic.com if you are in Lagos by clicking the
"Click To Request Now" button. Also put in your email on the "Join the Waitlist" bar and click "Join The Waitlist" to download our apps on the app store or play store. I hope this helps smiley

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Requestmechanic: 12:09pm On Jan 08
kingreign:

If you're in Lagos contact roadside assistant by going to www.requestmechanic.com click the red circle "click on Request Now" button to get immediate assistance . Also enter your email to join the waitlist bar and click on join the the Wait list.

A lit battery light in your 2006 Honda Civic Hybrid can indicate several different issues, depending on other symptoms and how the light is behaving. Here's what I can suggest to help troubleshoot:

**First, clarify the light**:

* **Is it the regular battery light (looks like a car battery) or the IMA light (green wrench logo)?** The IMA light specifically denotes issues with the Integrated Motor Assist system, including the hybrid battery.
* **Is the light on constantly, blinking, or dimming?** Different behaviors can point to different causes.

**Based on the type and behavior of the light, here are some possible explanations:**

**Regular battery light**:

* **Constant light:** This could indicate a faulty 12-volt battery, alternator, or charging system.
* **Dimming light:** This could be a sign of a loose or corroded battery terminal.

**IMA light**:

* **Constant light:** This suggests a problem with the hybrid battery itself, its sensors, or the IMA system components.
* **Blinking light:** This often indicates a temporary issue like low battery voltage or excessive heat.

**Next steps**:

* **If the light is the regular battery light:**
* **Check the 12-volt battery terminals for corrosion or looseness.** Tighten them if necessary.
* **Get the battery tested at an auto parts store or mechanic.** It may need replacement.
* **If the battery is good, have the alternator and charging system checked by a mechanic.**
* **If the light is the IMA light:**
* **Read the owner's manual for specific instructions on what to do when the IMA light comes on.**
* **Avoid putting excessive strain on the hybrid system**, such as heavy acceleration or uphill driving.
* **Have the car diagnosed by a qualified mechanic, preferably one with experience in hybrid vehicles.** They can read diagnostic trouble codes and pinpoint the issue with the IMA system.

**Important Note:** Ignoring a lit battery or IMA light can lead to further damage to the hybrid system and other components. It's important to address the issue as soon as possible.

I hope this information helps you narrow down the cause of the battery light in your Honda Civic Hybrid!

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by jceesquare(m): 4:13am On Jan 09
Akinfrank:
Happy new year fellow Nigerians and nairalanders, I'm still on my car's issue, I appreciate everyone who has commented, i met a mechanic who told me my car engine didn't jump timing, and advised to find a good electrician, my right wheel speed sensor was fixed, the wire was damaged, the abs light went out and my speedometer is now working, I don't know if this right wheel speed sensor and non functional speedometer was responsible for my random engine cut outs which I had before.
The issue I have left is with the hard starting, it will not start in the mornings, I called my mechanic he came and took out the vacuum hose connected to the throttle body, the he added a little fuel on the throttle body and told me to start the car, and the car started once, he then told me to consult an electrician.
The electrician I consulted first told me to get a new fuel pump, but I told him I had bought a new one in the past, then he said to change the whole fuel pump assembly, I believe nothing is wrong with my fuel pump assembly, and I don't really trust all these quick judgment without a definitive test.
After the car has been started by throwing some fuel into the throttle body in the morning, it starts up again itself but it cranks for a long time, so the hard starting still persists, it never starts itself in the mornings without adding fuel on the throttle body, I need your always valuable suggestions, I have to add that when this car is started it now makes an usual exhaust sound like a backfire, I've been told my exhaust pipe leaks but I'm certain that's not the case because this funny sound came with this hard starting, thanks for your replies.
I believe you were advised to check the timing chain tensioner for the early morning rattling and not the timing itself.
For the late starting issue, your rewire might be right. If the fuel line does not hold pressure when parked overnight, you'll have delayed starting issues and would have to change your complete fuel pump assembly.
Is yours a GDI engine?
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Requestmechanic: 1:31pm On Jan 09
Akinfrank:
If you're in Lagos contact roadside assistant by going to www.requestmechanic.com click the red circle "click on Request Now" button to get immediate assistance . Also enter your email to join the waitlist bar by clicking on join the the Wait list.

I understand how frustrating this car situation must be for you, with the hard starting, inconsistent mechanics' advice, and new exhaust sound. Based on what you've described, here are some suggestions and thoughts:

Hard Starting:

Fuel System: While you believe the fuel pump is fine, it's important to investigate further. It could be a failing fuel pressure regulator, clogged fuel filter, or faulty fuel injectors. A fuel pressure test would be helpful to diagnose if the pump is delivering adequate pressure.
Ignition System: Faulty spark plugs, ignition coils, or even a weak battery can cause hard starting. Consider checking these components and their condition.
Air Intake System: A dirty air filter or faulty Mass Airflow (MAF) sensor can affect the air-fuel mixture and lead to starting issues. Cleaning the air filter and checking the MAF sensor are simple troubleshooting steps.
Temperature Sensor: A faulty coolant temperature sensor can send incorrect information to the Engine Control Unit (ECU), leading to improper fuel mixture and starting problems.
Backfire and Exhaust Sound:

Fuel Issues: A rich fuel mixture (too much fuel) can cause unburned fuel to combust in the exhaust system, resulting in backfires and unusual sounds. This could be related to fuel pressure issues, faulty injectors, or sensor problems.
Ignition Timing: Incorrect ignition timing can cause premature or delayed combustion, leading to backfires and exhaust popping.
Exhaust System Leaks: While you're confident there's no leak, it's still possible for cracks or loose connections to impact the exhaust flow and contribute to the unusual sound.

I do hope you put in your mail on our waitlist, thank you

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 1:41pm On Jan 09
Requestmechanic:

If you're in Lagos contact roadside assistant by going to www.requestmechanic.com click the red circle "click on Request Now" button to get immediate assistance . Also enter your email to join the waitlist bar by clicking on join the the Wait list.

I understand how frustrating this car situation must be for you, with the hard starting, inconsistent mechanics' advice, and new exhaust sound. Based on what you've described, here are some suggestions and thoughts:

Hard Starting:

Fuel System: While you believe the fuel pump is fine, it's important to investigate further. It could be a failing fuel pressure regulator, clogged fuel filter, or faulty fuel injectors. A fuel pressure test would be helpful to diagnose if the pump is delivering adequate pressure.
Ignition System: Faulty spark plugs, ignition coils, or even a weak battery can cause hard starting. Consider checking these components and their condition.
Air Intake System: A dirty air filter or faulty Mass Airflow (MAF) sensor can affect the air-fuel mixture and lead to starting issues. Cleaning the air filter and checking the MAF sensor are simple troubleshooting steps.
Temperature Sensor: A faulty coolant temperature sensor can send incorrect information to the Engine Control Unit (ECU), leading to improper fuel mixture and starting problems.
Backfire and Exhaust Sound:

Fuel Issues: A rich fuel mixture (too much fuel) can cause unburned fuel to combust in the exhaust system, resulting in backfires and unusual sounds. This could be related to fuel pressure issues, faulty injectors, or sensor problems.
Ignition Timing: Incorrect ignition timing can cause premature or delayed combustion, leading to backfires and exhaust popping.
Exhaust System Leaks: While you're confident there's no leak, it's still possible for cracks or loose connections to impact the exhaust flow and contribute to the unusual sound.

I do hope you put in your mail on our waitlist, thank you
Stop spamming this thread pls.

3 Likes

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Abdul111: 11:59pm On Jan 09
kingreign:

Get a competent electrican to check that battery warning light. Check if belt is on the alternator pulley, check the charge state of the alternator, check if it's a fuse or relay or the alternator itself that's causing such malfunction light to come on.
please boss do you know of any in Abuja?
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 1:34am On Jan 10
Abdul111:
please boss do you know of any in Abuja?

DM 07034581213
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by lovinhubby2wife(m): 8:55am On Jan 10
Hello everyone, you guys are amazing here.
Please my Nissan Altima 2002 is throwing this code:

P0745
Raw code: 0745
ECU: 10
Transmission fluid pressure (TFP) solenoid - circuit malfunction
Pressure Control Solenoid Malfunction

The reason why I scanned it was because it jerks each time I engage the gear from park to drive to reverse, the car jerks slightly. Also when I step on the theto the car revs then jerks before engaging. It's quite annoying.

I got the car recently by the way. Everything else works great.

I took it to a mechanic here in Benin and they said I should get a new gear box which will cost me over 150k. They said they don't recommend working on the transmission.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by MrReeseG(m): 11:21am On Jan 10
[quote author=Abdul111 post=127830430][/quote]
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by MrReeseG(m): 11:22am On Jan 10
Abdul111:

I've been here before

Your hybrid battery is definitely bad. DO NOT attempt repair on the battery no matter how juicy the offer. just replace it.

It happened to me once while driving to work in October. All the lights just came on at once and after a while the engine went off. I'll pop the bonnet and remove the negative on the 12v battery, count to 10, put it back and start the car. It solved it, all my codes would clear and that was another couple hours driving without problem.

The day the thing change am for me, na for front of Zenith Bank on Odeku. NOTHING I did worked, it was banks closing time so people were driving out. It just died at the entryway. No Kazeem I called understood what was wrong, the hybrid guy that fixes for me stays around Ipaja. Na towing van I use carry go house that day.

(1) (2) (3) ... (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) ... (133) (Reply)

Automatic Transmission And Gear Repairs In Nigeria / Meet Nigerians Who Own Bugatti Veyron Car(Photos) / Ayo Fayose's New Official Ride (PHOTOS) 1957 Mercedes Benz 220S Sedan

Viewing this topic: kingreign(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.