Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,576 members, 7,843,803 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 11:17 AM

Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them - Car Talk (45) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them (102754 Views)

Wrong Overtaking: Who Is At Fault? / REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech / Let's Troubleshoot This Car Fault. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) ... (131) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 10:19pm On Mar 08, 2023
justdollars:
Hello gurus. Pls what do I do? My Honda Accord DC 07 hesitates and the rpm lowers almost to zero anytime I put on my AC. I can only use the AC when am on motion. Once I brake to climb either a bump or hill, it's very difficult.

Pls how do I correct dis?
What do you/your technician do that caused this to happen?
Have a competent technician physically check the car. I can’t advise you to do anything unless it’s checked by a good technician.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by justdollars: 11:26pm On Mar 08, 2023
Thanks Kingreign, I didn't tamper with anything. If the AC is not on, the car drives smoothly. But as soon as I switch on the AC, it's as if the car is carrying a very heavy load. Acceleration isn't fast and climbing hill or bump with the AC turned on becomes a challenge.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by 9icetoo(m): 7:34am On Mar 09, 2023
Nemesisobaara:

Thank you Kingreign. I refused taking the vehicle to him, even after he called me severally to bring the vehicle to his workshop. Meanwhile, I noticed something today when driving on the highway today. If I accelerate constantly, before the speedometer gets to 40, the car vibrates and then becomes smooth again, it also happens before it reaches 60. It's like a vibration that you will think the road is rough, then it becomes smooth again until its above to reach the next point. I think this vibration happens when the vehicle is about to change from one gear to the other. What could be the cause please?
1. Scan.
2. Inspect inner cup of shaft for wear. If cv boot is torn, then, the cup or the spicer bearing is worn. Replace as a unit. Ensure it is done in a clean place and no impurity is introduced into your transmission during that activity.

1 Like

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Nemesisobaara: 9:01am On Mar 09, 2023
9icetoo:

1. Scan.
2. Inspect inner cup of shaft for wear. If cv boot is torn, then, the cup or the spicer bearing is worn. Replace as a unit. Ensure it is done in a clean place and no impurity is introduced into your transmission during that activity.
Thank you Sir. I will have the vehicle scanned today.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Nemesisobaara: 9:02am On Mar 09, 2023
kingreign:

Scan that car, post codes here

Thank you King. I will scan the vehicle today. Meanwhile, I really need a good gear mechanic to drain out and replace my gear oil.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by hoyinmide(m): 8:22pm On Mar 09, 2023
Hello house

A HONDA ACCORD 09 JERKING AFTER FIRST TURTLE.. it jerks..
scanned already there is no fault.

What can be the cause please??
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 8:55pm On Mar 09, 2023
Nemesisobaara:

Thank you King. I will scan the vehicle today. Meanwhile, I really need a good gear mechanic to drain out and replace my gear oil.

Your location is?
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 8:56pm On Mar 09, 2023
hoyinmide:
Hello house

A HONDA ACCORD 09 JERKING AFTER FIRST TURTLE.. it jerks..
scanned already there is no fault.

What can be the cause please??
I don’t know what the cause may be because I have not diagnosed or test driven the car.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kunkelhanspeter(m): 10:03pm On Mar 09, 2023
What is the meaning of this
Distance to empty?
Avalon 2014

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by apokan200(m): 10:04pm On Mar 09, 2023
I have done all that I even changed the front right hand wheel sensor and still my abs and check engine light has been on since then I don't know what is going on but these I they code I got during scanning can please help me look at this from here

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by jceesquare(m): 10:19pm On Mar 09, 2023
apokan200:
I have done all that I even changed the front right hand wheel sensor and still my abs and check engine light has been on since then I don't know what is going on but these I they code I got during scanning can please help me look at this from here
There are lots of codes here. Which of them do you need help on?
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by apokan200(m): 10:31pm On Mar 09, 2023
The abs, check engine and smart key please
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by apokan200(m): 10:45pm On Mar 09, 2023
The abs, check engine and the smart key
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 10:56pm On Mar 09, 2023
kunkelhanspeter:
What is the meaning of this
Distance to empty?
Avalon 2014

That’s the approximate range your car’s fuel can take you bearing in mind a lot of factors such as driving style, speed, etc

1 Like

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by dougejac(m): 11:05pm On Mar 09, 2023
Hi,
I drive an 05 Camry.
Recently, I started hearing a humming sound while in motion, that gets louder as I pick up pace.
I thought my hub bearings were bad and changed the hub on both sides but the sound still persists.
Nobody has been able to tell me exactly what the problem is.
Any thoughts?
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 11:26pm On Mar 09, 2023
dougejac:
Hi,
I drive an 05 Camry.
Recently, I started hearing a humming sound while in motion, that gets louder as I pick up pace.
I thought my hub bearings were bad and changed the hub on both sides but the sound still persists.
Nobody has been able to tell me exactly what the problem is.
Any thoughts?

Is the noise from the front or rear?
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Cryomancer: 7:08am On Mar 10, 2023
kingreign:

If the battery is weak it will discharge overtime. If the alternator is trickle charging, when you stop driving, overtime, the battery charge will deplete. If there are any breaches or leak of power supply, it can deplete battery charge too.
So, have a competent electrician check the cause of the battery drain.

Please Boss I'm presently experiencing same issues of draining battery on a newly acquired car.

I suspect the battery is weak and doesn't hold charge due to long parking of the car before i bought it, but i can't tell from just looking at it. Can you please give me tips on how to know if the battery is weak because I'm already planning on buying a new one today.

Thanks
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 8:57am On Mar 10, 2023
Cryomancer:

Please Boss I'm presently experiencing same issues of draining battery on a newly acquired car.

I suspect the battery is weak and doesn't hold charge due to long parking of the car before i bought it, but i can't tell from just looking at it. Can you please give me tips on how to know if the battery is weak because I'm already planning on buying a new one today.

Thanks

Looks alone can’t tell if a battery is weak or not.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Thurmieee: 9:38am On Mar 10, 2023
Guys please this car is Toyota Matrix 2010. It stalls when climbing up or when it's slow. The car vibrates all round ,it feels heavy to drive, the smoke is smelling fuel, it kills coil.

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by dougejac(m): 10:40am On Mar 10, 2023
kingreign:

Is the noise from the front or rear?
It is from the front. Louder on the Driver's side
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 10:42am On Mar 10, 2023
dougejac:

It is from the front. Louder on the Driver's side

Did you replace complete hub or you pressed the bearing?

If you’ve done these and all the hubs are confirmed to be okay, check if your tyres are noisy and also check your transmission.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 10:42am On Mar 10, 2023
Thurmieee:
Guys please this car is Toyota Matrix 2010. It stalls when climbing up or when it's slow. The car vibrates all round ,it feels heavy to drive, the smoke is smelling fuel, it kills coil.

Fix the misfire in Cylinder 1 and replace the MAF
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Cryomancer: 11:28am On Mar 10, 2023
kingreign:

Looks alone can’t tell if a battery is weak or not.

Alright then, I'll just get a new replacement and see how everything goes.

Meanwhile i saw something like water/oil around one of the terminals and it was much.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by dougejac(m): 11:55am On Mar 10, 2023
kingreign:

Did you replace complete hub or you pressed the bearing?

If you’ve done these and all the hubs are confirmed to be okay, check if your tyres are noisy and also check your transmission.
I changed the complete hub.
I suspect the transmission too. Probably the axle or differential.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 1:24pm On Mar 10, 2023
dougejac:

I changed the complete hub.
I suspect the transmission too. Probably the axle or differential.

Most likely transmission. However I stand corrected. Have it checked by a competent technician to be sure of what you’re doing.

1 Like

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by apokan200(m): 9:05pm On Mar 10, 2023
jceesquare:

There are lots of codes here. Which of them do you need help on?

Smart key, abs and check engine
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by apokan200(m): 9:07pm On Mar 10, 2023
kingreign:

Most likely transmission. However I stand corrected. Have it checked by a competent technician to be sure of what you’re doing.

I have changed the transmission oil still all same just dont understand and even the check engine sensor is up
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by apokan200(m): 10:37pm On Mar 10, 2023
Please bosses here I do hear this weird sound whenever I am in reverse,like there is a stiffness on my front right-hand wheel and I don't understand and sometimes like sounds of 2 metals touching each other my car is camry 2013 model and second my coolant water dey dry off maybe after like 3 weeks and is this normal because no Traces of outside wastage like draining
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by jeff1607(m): 7:04am On Mar 11, 2023
Anyone selling seatbelts here?
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 7:19am On Mar 11, 2023
apokan200:
Please bosses here I do hear this weird sound whenever I am in reverse,like there is a stiffness on my front right-hand wheel and I don't understand and sometimes like sounds of 2 metals touching each other my car is camry 2013 model and second my coolant water dey dry off maybe after like 3 weeks and is this normal because no Traces of outside wastage like draining

Check your brake caliper and pads for the noise, as for the coolant drying of, have someone who’s competent to check it.

If you are in Abuja, feel free to contact me to check it for you.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 7:20am On Mar 11, 2023
jeff1607:
Anyone selling seatbelts here?
I get seatbelt for 1987 carina ii
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by jeff1607(m): 8:19am On Mar 11, 2023
kingreign:

I get seatbelt for 1987 carina ii

Can I pls have ur contact

(1) (2) (3) ... (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) ... (131) (Reply)

Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? / What Are The Functions Of The 'd', 'd3', 'd2' And 'd1' Of Automatic Cars / A Lady Drove This Killer Machine Today And Got Everyone Talking (Pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.