Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,049 members, 7,814,602 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:55 PM

Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them - Car Talk (49) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them (98040 Views)

Wrong Overtaking: Who Is At Fault? / REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech / Let's Troubleshoot This Car Fault. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) ... (129) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 6:07pm On Mar 25, 2023
formaxy:
Hello, I use a Hyundai Elantra 2014. ABS light keeps coming on. How do I fix this?

Are you in Abuja?
If yes, call me07034581213.
If no, contact a competent technician to check, scan and fix the car.

2 Likes

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 12:10am On Mar 26, 2023
SBLamorde:
Good day...am using Toyota Avensis 2008 lift back. For the past 2wks, I've been battling with throttle failure....it Fails/ picks at intervals...from Gombe, what'd way out pls.

I don’t know what’s the way out as you haven’t told us anything about the result of your diagnosis.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 12:14am On Mar 26, 2023
BoboKush:
My corolla 2006 check engine came up
Scanned result show this

What do u suggest

Replacing the torque converter lockup solenoid
Replacing the TCC solenoid
Repairing damaged wiring to TCC solenoid
Replacing the valve body
Replacing the TCM
Repairing damaged wiring to the transmission wiring harness
Replacing ECT sensor
In some cases, the transmission itself will need to be replaced

Source: youcanic.com
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by apokan200(m): 2:29am On Mar 26, 2023
kingreign:

Snap it let me see.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by cluewebhost(m): 7:19am On Mar 26, 2023
I have this stubborn check Engine light and the mechanics in PH haven't been able to sort it.
Volvo xc90 3.2l engine

P0057 - H02S Heater Control Circuit Low Bank 2 Sensor 2
P0003 - Fuel Volume Regulator Control Circuit Low
P0190 - Fuel Rail Pressure Sensor A circuit

The last time I put it on it also showed me cylinder 1 and 6 misfire.

I've parked the car since as I don't like driving with Check Engine.
Previous things were easy fixes but the mechanic I used to work with hasn't been reachable for months now.

cc @valarinz
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 7:25am On Mar 26, 2023
cluewebhost:
I have this stubborn check Engine light and the mechanics in PH haven't been able to sort it.
Volvo xc90 3.2l engine

P0057 - H02S Heater Control Circuit Low Bank 2 Sensor 2
P0003 - Fuel Volume Regulator Control Circuit Low
P0190 - Fuel Rail Pressure Sensor A circuit

The last time I put it on it also showed me cylinder 1 and 6 misfire.

I've parked the car since as I don't like driving with Check Engine.
Previous things were easy fixes but the mechanic I used to work with hasn't been reachable for months now.

cc @valarinz

P0003 and P0190 can trigger misfires. However, check your plugs, injectors, coils, also check your wiring and electrical system too. I know someone who may be of assistance in PH. Contact me 07034581213
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by cluewebhost(m): 8:09am On Mar 26, 2023
kingreign:

P0003 and P0190 can trigger misfires. However, check your plugs, injectors, coils, also check your wiring and electrical system too. I know someone who may be of assistance in PH. Contact me 07034581213

Awesome would message you!
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Estimable(m): 10:49am On Mar 26, 2023
My toyota Camry year 2000 recently started doing hard starting every morning.. Once it starts it goes normal for the day till the next morning.
Pls what could be the cause and remedy..
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 11:18am On Mar 26, 2023
Estimable:
My toyota Camry year 2000 recently started doing hard starting every morning.. Once it starts it goes normal for the day till the next morning.
Pls what could be the cause and remedy..

Check your fuel pump ASSY. The fuel pressure regulator may be faulty,
Check your ECT sensor, it may be faulty and causing hard start, also check your throttle body, it may be having issue.
Lastly check your ECU.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by BoboKush(m): 5:02pm On Mar 26, 2023
kingreign:

Replacing the torque converter lockup solenoid
Replacing the TCC solenoid
Repairing damaged wiring to TCC solenoid
Replacing the valve body
Replacing the TCM
Repairing damaged wiring to the transmission wiring harness
Replacing ECT sensor
In some cases, the transmission itself will need to be replaced

Source: youcanic.com
Eweeeeeeeeeee cry grin

1 Like

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 5:19pm On Mar 26, 2023
BoboKush:

Eweeeeeeeeeee cry grin

How the motor Dey do?
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Originakalokalo(m): 9:33pm On Mar 26, 2023
Hello house.

Thanks to the OP and everyone that has contributed to the thread.

Honda Accord 2007 set a P0171 error code.

I have done a little research and found that:

1. MAF sensor could be faulty

2. Oxygen sensor

3. Exhaust leaks

4. Vacuum leaks

5. Fuel pump

6. Fuel filter

7. Injectors

8. Bad PCM.

I have tried to check the engine and there was no loose hose r something.

How can I narrow down the fault without throwing parts using scarce resources?

Thank you all for your anticipated responses.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 10:02pm On Mar 26, 2023
Originakalokalo:
Hello house.

Thanks to the OP and everyone that has contributed to the thread.

Honda Accord 2007 set a P0171 error code.

I have done a little research and found that:

1. MAF sensor could be faulty

2. Oxygen sensor

3. Exhaust leaks

4. Vacuum leaks

5. Fuel pump

6. Fuel filter

7. Injectors

8. Bad PCM.

I have tried to check the engine and there was no loose hose r something.

How can I narrow down the fault without throwing parts using scarce resources?

Thank you all for your anticipated responses.

Run a live data diagnosis on the Barometer, IAT sensors, O2 sensors and AF sensors on idle. You may also run a fuel pressure test. Pls check if the air cleaner element and fuel filter are dirty or clogged.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by BoboKush(m): 11:50pm On Mar 26, 2023
kingreign:

How the motor Dey do?

Working well tho sometimes he no dey quick pick
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 2:21am On Mar 27, 2023
BoboKush:

Working well tho sometimes he no dey quick pick

Is the ATF burnt and smelling?
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by BoboKush(m): 6:30am On Mar 27, 2023
kingreign:

Is the ATF burnt and smelling?

Nah.... But dirty smal
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 6:57am On Mar 27, 2023
BoboKush:

Nah.... But dirty smal

Take out battery,remove transmission wiring socket check pins for corrosion clean with petrol and a brush, allow to dry, socket it back and install battery. Test drive car.

1 Like

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by jceesquare(m): 7:56am On Mar 27, 2023
Tobia:

I am looking for Mitsubishi Outlander expert mechanic for my 2003 model. I will appreciate every help I could get. My location is Lagos. Tha ks
what issues are you having with the car?
You can make your complains here for remote diagnosis or call 07089030689 for physical diagnosis within Lagos.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by jceesquare(m): 8:02am On Mar 27, 2023
Thewaterboy07:
My car wasn’t working fine so I went to my mechanic to check. He said it’s airflow meter we went to buy new one and fix it’s still give the same issue is there any good mechanic you can recommend me to in lekki phase 1.
What's the car brand and year?
Also what issues are you having with the car?
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Originakalokalo(m): 8:25am On Mar 27, 2023
kingreign:

Run a live data diagnosis on the Barometer, IAT sensors, O2 sensors and AF sensors on idle. You may also run a fuel pressure test. Pls check if the air cleaner element and fuel filter are dirty or clogged.

Thank you for your response.

1 Like

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by jojomario(m): 4:16pm On Mar 27, 2023
Good evening house. I just scanned my car and the code reads P0016. What is the next move?
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by jceesquare(m): 7:40pm On Mar 27, 2023
jojomario:
Good evening house. I just scanned my car and the code reads P0016. What is the next move?
What's your repair history?
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by BoboKush(m): 7:55pm On Mar 27, 2023
kingreign:

Take out battery,remove transmission wiring socket check pins for corrosion clean with petrol and a brush, allow to dry, socket it back and install battery. Test drive car.

Okay... Thanks
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 7:57pm On Mar 27, 2023
BoboKush:

Okay... Thanks

Any result you get let me know
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by jojomario(m): 8:28pm On Mar 27, 2023
jceesquare:

What's your repair history?
I have changed the top gasket and oil seals.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by jceesquare(m): 8:54pm On Mar 27, 2023
jojomario:
I have changed the top gasket and oil seals.
Ask your mechanic to check the timing
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by jojomario(m): 9:20pm On Mar 27, 2023
jceesquare:

Ask your mechanic to check the timing
Thank you sir.

1 Like

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by 3kay945(m): 11:06pm On Mar 27, 2023
Hello gurus in the house, thanks for the other day.
I have another issue that has been for a while now.
My RX300 used to wobble while on 60km/hr or more speed.
I have recently changed ball joints, tie rod and low arm bushing as well as alignment yet the problem persist.
I don't think it's the tyres that are faulty.
What could be the cause? Thanks a bunch in advance
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by jceesquare(m): 2:29am On Mar 28, 2023
3kay945:
Hello gurus in the house, thanks for the other day.
I have another issue that has been for a while now.
My RX300 used to wobble while on 60km/hr or more speed.
I have recently changed ball joints, tie rod and low arm bushing as well as alignment yet the problem persist.
I don't think it's the tyres that are faulty.
What could be the cause? Thanks a bunch in advance
You'll need a technician to physically inspect the car
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by BoboKush(m): 4:42am On Mar 28, 2023
kingreign:

Any result you get let me know

Alright boss
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Michael548(m): 10:16am On Mar 28, 2023
You can contact me for your professional car inspection incase you want to buy a car anywhere in the southwest. 08167469103.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Sirchiboy: 12:30pm On Mar 28, 2023
Michael548:
You can contact me for your professional car inspection incase you want to buy a car anywhere in the southwest. 08167469103.
Slip indicator and tyre pressure sign stay on

(1) (2) (3) ... (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) ... (129) (Reply)

List Of 24 Cars You Should Never Buy By Nigerian Twitter User (Photos) / Photos-Official Car Of The Nigerian President / Right Hand Drive (RHD) To Left Hand Drive (LHD) Conversion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.