Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,868 members, 7,813,958 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:46 PM

Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them - Car Talk (90) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them (97989 Views)

Wrong Overtaking: Who Is At Fault? / REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech / Let's Troubleshoot This Car Fault. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) ... (129) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 9:00am On Sep 25, 2023
martins946:
Thank you boss. Pls how much and where can I get the transmission speed sensor pls.

Have you tested it and have you checked the other components I said you should?
Also, where is your location?
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by martins946: 11:14am On Sep 25, 2023
My Location is Ago palace way sir.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 11:51am On Sep 25, 2023
martins946:
My Location is Ago palace way sir.

Okay, i don't know technician there, but your technician should be able to do these tests I asked you of.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by KnackistAboki: 11:45pm On Sep 25, 2023
I use a 2008 camry which I bought some weeks ago, I changed the two back tyres and I notices the shock absorber spring is touching the tires, whats the best way to fix this?

kingreign
Gazzuzz
Lejeun2
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 6:27am On Sep 26, 2023
KnackistAboki:
I use a 2008 camry which I bought some weeks ago, I changed the two back tyres and I notices the shock absorber spring is touching the tires, whats the best way to fix this?

kingreign
Gazzuzz
Lejeun2

What size of tyre did you put in the rear?
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by IAMU: 8:25am On Sep 26, 2023
Please what can cause a rx330 to over heating while fan is working and there is no shortage of water in the radiator
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by KnackistAboki: 8:26am On Sep 26, 2023
kingreign:

What size of tyre did you put in the rear?

235/55 r17
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 9:13am On Sep 26, 2023
KnackistAboki:

235/55 r17
Is your car SE or LE or CE or XLE?
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 9:14am On Sep 26, 2023
IAMU:
Please what can cause a rx330 to over heating while fan is working and there is no shortage of water in the radiator

Anything can cause it. There's a lot of reason why it could exhibit such symptoms. Pls have a competent technician check it.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by KnackistAboki: 10:11am On Sep 26, 2023
kingreign:

Is your car SE or LE or CE or XLE?
LE
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 10:14am On Sep 26, 2023
KnackistAboki:

LE
Check if your tyres are bent or swollen, check if shock tube are bent, if all are in order, replace the tyre with 16" rim which came standard for that car.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by KnackistAboki: 10:31am On Sep 26, 2023
kingreign:
Check if your tyres are bent or swollen, check if shock tube are bent, if all are in order, replace the tyre with 16" rim which came standard for that car.
Alright, I'll check.. thank you.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by dynamicd28(m): 1:47pm On Sep 26, 2023
jceesquare:

It's up to your mechanic to decide which is better

The mechanic checked, He said it's a bad spring on the clutch actuation cable . The cable has to be replaced.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by jceesquare(m): 6:37pm On Sep 26, 2023
dynamicd28:

The mechanic checked, He said it's a bad spring on the clutch actuation cable . The cable has to be replaced.
ok
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Chianya: 2:08pm On Sep 27, 2023
Pls help... my A/C light isn't coming on after pushing the button
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 2:35pm On Sep 27, 2023
Chianya:
Pls help... my A/C light isn't coming on after pushing the button
It's normal with beetle 1968 model

1 Like

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Chianya: 3:58pm On Sep 27, 2023
kingreign:

It's normal with beetle 1968 model

Alright I get the joke. It's a corolla 05 Obama
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 4:19pm On Sep 27, 2023
Chianya:

Alright I get the joke. It's a corolla 05 Obama

Lol.

Check your AC panel, check wiring going to AC panel, check relays and fuses for AC.

1 Like

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Hostermipo(m): 4:42pm On Sep 27, 2023
Good evening House,

Please kindly advise me, I recently changed the COMPLETE ac system on my Toyota camry 2008 to the last hose and pipe, compressor, evaporator everything because all the ac system was completely blocked and burnt.

But the ac only worked for about 1week after changing the whole system and it stopped working, I took it back and black fluid were coming from the entire ac system.

The guy flushed all the again but asked me to change compressor i just bought because the black stuff has affected it.

Please what may have caused the black stuffs and is there any assurance that it won't happen again after buying another compressor?

Thank you
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by fecosequence(m): 5:50pm On Sep 27, 2023
Please I need help.my Honda eod 05 has this blinking D on the dashboard and it doesn't engage.i have tried changing the gear sensor.it stoped but when I drive to some distance it starts again.and stopes when the car cools down.kindly suggest the solution to this.and if you're in owerri,imo state and can fix this please let me know.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 6:18pm On Sep 27, 2023
fecosequence:
Please I need help.my Honda eod 05 has this blinking D on the dashboard and it doesn't engage.i have tried changing the gear sensor.it stoped but when I drive to some distance it starts again.and stopes when the car cools down.kindly suggest the solution to this.and if you're in owerri,imo state and can fix this please let me know.

Replace gearbox.

1 Like

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 6:19pm On Sep 27, 2023
Hostermipo:
Good evening House,

Please kindly advise me, I recently changed the COMPLETE ac system on my Toyota camry 2008 to the last hose and pipe, compressor, evaporator everything because all the ac system was completely blocked and burnt.

But the ac only worked for about 1week after changing the whole system and it stopped working, I took it back and black fluid were coming from the entire ac system.

The guy flushed all the again but asked me to change compressor i just bought because the black stuff has affected it.

Please what may have caused the black stuffs and is there any assurance that it won't happen again after buying another compressor?

Thank you

I'm not an AC expert and can't say what's wrong with it
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Hostermipo(m): 8:46pm On Sep 27, 2023
kingreign:

I'm not an AC expert and can't say what's wrong with it
okay, thank you
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by salvo583: 9:04pm On Sep 27, 2023
Hello, I use a Nissan Altima, recently when the car is revved on idle it hangs for a while in 2000rpms before I drops down. MAF sensor is good and the nozzle injector was also cleaned and it still persists. Now the trottle will be pressed and the car won’t rev at all
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Therockauto(m): 12:38am On Sep 28, 2023
IAMU:

Water pump) the reason why I said this is that if there is no cut in the gasket, there is 3 type of bad gasket related to coolant 1 cut leaking of coolant to compression, this is a situation where your car may not start at all but problem always starting from drinking and shorting too much coolant 2 cut leaking of coolant to oil channel, which is situation where oil and water mixing, 3 cut leaking coolant leak to outside this is situation where you found coolant leaking from the boundary of cylinder head and block engine

For more contact me on WhatsApp 08167071246
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Therockauto(m): 12:42am On Sep 28, 2023
salvo583:
Hello, I use a Nissan Altima, recently when the car is revved on idle it hangs for a while in 2000rpms before I drops down. MAF sensor is good and the nozzle injector was also cleaned and it still persists. Now the throttle will be pressed and the car won’t rev at all

Throttle body or fuse but diagnose first where are you from ?
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Therockauto(m): 12:44am On Sep 28, 2023
Hostermipo:
Good evening House,

Thank you

Black stuff lol,
Did you change the condenser ?
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Hostermipo(m): 7:43am On Sep 28, 2023
Therockauto:

Black stuff lol,
Did you change the condenser ?

Yes, I did o. Change the ENTIRE system .

Thanks
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by jceesquare(m): 4:36pm On Sep 28, 2023
Hostermipo:
Good evening House,

Thank you
Most likely an overheating system, bad or fake gas, or moisture in the system.

1 Like

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by jceesquare(m): 4:38pm On Sep 28, 2023
salvo583:
Hello, I use a Nissan Altima, recently when the car is revved on idle it hangs for a while in 2000rpms before I drops down. MAF sensor is good and the nozzle injector was also cleaned and it still persists. Now the trottle will be pressed and the car won’t rev at all
Scan the car 1st.
I had similar experience recently with a Ford Edge and it was caused by a blocked exhaust system.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by dynamicd28(m): 5:50pm On Sep 28, 2023
I earlier posted this on the "Peugeot cars with attitude section" since 23rd, Its quiet there , hope to get some comments here.

Hello everyone! I have a Peugeot 206 :

* 1.4i 75HP (TU3JP) manual gear box.
*Bought brand new at 109km mileage.
* Has 53,936 km total mileage and 15 years service.
* Used only for light town running.
* Only manufacturer approved oils have been used on it.
* All replacement parts used were genuine, ordered from Peugeot dealers overseas.

I plead guilty of the following Lion abuses :

* Car has been tampered with by numerous Kazeems: "rewire" and mechanic . In the early years, I was using Oluwalogbon Motors on Obafemi Awolowo Way Ikeja, but stopped due to high prices!

*Cooling fan was connected to run direct.

* Oil change was irregular due to low utilisation, but manufacturer recommended Total oil was always used.

* Timing belt cut while I was driving, ( My carelessness) this thread has taught me to replace timing kit every 4 years or 80kkm. The cylinder valves got damaged by the incident, I replaced all 8 valves, but work was done by a kazeem.

* The car once overheated in 2019 , genuine gaskets where installed by a kazeem. I cannot remember if the water pump was changed.

I repent my sins, going forward I will not abuse the lion again. I love the car and Intend to restore it gradually to how it was in 2008, or at least the best it could be at its age. We shall start from under the bonnet, gradually progressing to aesthetics. The progress will be posted here .

This thread has been of tremendous help to me , but more help and input is needed from knowledgeable and experienced persons here.

My lion has the following issues under the bonnet :

ENGINE :

* Exhausts white smoke (burning oil):
I suspect this problem was caused by the quality of work done by the Kazeem who replaced the damaged cylinder valves.

All the Kazeems suggested I buy a tokunbo engine ! I don't want to buy a tokunbo engine because :

* It will come with unknown history.
* It will most likely have a higher mileage than mine.
* This thread has shown me that most tokunbo engines are refurbished Nigeria used.

During the course of my research , I discovered that smoky exhaust fumes may be caused by three things:

* Worn piston rings,
* Leaking valves/seals
* Burnt gaskets.

In order to isolate the cause, one needs to carry out a compression test. I asked around for a place to get the test done in Lagos , but found none! This forced me to buy the compression test kit. I learnt how to conduct the test on YouTube, however because I am not experienced in practice,I sought the help of some Kazeems to disconnect the fuel and ignition, so that I can carry out the test myself, but they all refused.

I contacted PAN in Kaduna and asked them to recommend a mechanic I could use in Lagos. They introduced me to Mr Goke whose workshop is located at a military premises in Yaba. When I went to him, he was also not keen on carrying out the compression test. He used his phone to scan the car and told me there was a problem with two of the cylinders, He further mentioned that the engine sounds okay when revved.His diagnosis was bad piston rings. The following parts will be needed to fix the problem:

1. Piston rings
2. Valve seal
3. Sleeve packing
4. Cylinder head gasket

From the list, He has basically covered all the possible causes of burning oil. What do you guys think? Should I go ahead ? What are the chances of success considering the car's history? What is a reasonable labour cost for this kind of work? Has anyone here used the services of Mr Goke ?

Perusing this thread and one of Ikenna's videos, I have learnt that :

* Cooling system abuse ( which I am guilty of)
* Overheating ( happened in 2019)

Can cause structural damage to cylinders, pistons and connecting rods . Is there a way of testing to determine if mine is damaged?
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by salvo583: 7:33pm On Sep 28, 2023
Therockauto:

Throttle body or fuse but diagnose first where are you from ?

Osun state

(1) (2) (3) ... (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) ... (129) (Reply)

List Of 24 Cars You Should Never Buy By Nigerian Twitter User (Photos) / Photos-Official Car Of The Nigerian President / Right Hand Drive (RHD) To Left Hand Drive (LHD) Conversion

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.