Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,158 members, 7,821,936 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:10 PM

PDP May Opt For Olafeso, Agbaje As Ayu’s Replacement - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP May Opt For Olafeso, Agbaje As Ayu’s Replacement (14028 Views)

Tinubu Appoints Orire Agbaje As Member Of Presidential Committee On Tax / National Chairmanship: PDP Considers South-West For Ayu's Replacement / APC Aspirants May Opt For Consensus As Buhari Meets Osinbajo, Tinubu, Amaechi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

PDP May Opt For Olafeso, Agbaje As Ayu’s Replacement by oshozondii: 1:43pm On Aug 31, 2022
There are indications the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) might succumb to pressure from Rivers State governor, Nyesom Wike, and request the resignation of National Chairman, Dr. Iyorchia Ayu.

Party sources, yesterday, said the National Executive Committee (NEC) and Board of Trustees (BoT) are looking towards the South-West for a replacement.

Sources privy to the conversation between Wike and the presidential candidate of the PDP, Atiku Abubakar, at the London meeting, said Wike’s group insisted Ayu should step down and be replaced by the former National Vice Chairman (South-West), Dr. Eddy Olafeso, or a governorship candidate of the PDP in Lagos State, Mr. Jimi Agbaje.

Also, some BoT members are said to be rooting for the former governor of Ondo State, Dr. Olusegun Mimiko, to replace Ayu.

It was gathered that a group in the party in the South-West is opposed to Mimiko becoming the chairman, because of what they described as his inconsistent membership and ‘nomadic disposition,’ having defected from PDP to Zenith Labour Party (ZLP) where he worked against the party’s interest, only to return a couple of years later.

A source said: “Though both of them are from Ondo State, we will rather prefer Dr. Eddy Olafeso, a one-time commissioner in Ondo State, as the new national chairman, but the Wike group are objecting to it, saying Olafeso was a man Friday of the former national chairman, Prince Uche Secondus, and by extension Atiku Abubakar’s man too.”

Others, however, alluded to Olafeso’s contribution to the success of the party in the South-West in the 2019 elections, which produced Governor Seyi Makinde and several federal lawmakers in the zone, and the spirited fight in 2018 in Osun State, which laid the foundation for the emergence of governor-elect, Senator Ademola Adeleke, recently.

Another source said some loyalists of Wike are proposing Taofeek Arapaja as acting national chairman of PDP. But the names of Agbaje, and Olafeso might be presented to Atiku in the next few weeks, while Olafeso could emerge as the next PDP national chairman before October.

The PDP crisis escalated after Delta State governor, Ifeanyi Okowa, was unveiled as Atiku’s running mate on June 16, especially, since, consequence upon the emergence of the Waziri Adamawa as the party’s presidential candidate, at a period, some leaders wanted the South to produce the president.

Atiku’s emergence in the race, which produced Wike as runner-up, threw the spanner into the wheels of the party, with Wike threatening to leave, while various moves to reconcile all parties have failed.

Atiku had, last Thursday, met with Wike in London, alongside the Governors of Abia, Benue, Adamawa, and Oyo, and other PDP stakeholders, like Donald Duke.

Wike’s insistence on Ayu’s resignation, sources said, would balance the leadership of the party where members from the north zones are holding all top national positions.

ALSO, Wike has tackled the former Governor of Kaduna State, Ahmed Makarfi, urging him to focus on getting PDP to win all elections in Kaduna.

In a statement, Wike’s media aide, Kelvin Ebiri, said his principal made the disclosure at the inauguration of the Ogbum-Nu-Abali sand-filled area and estate layout in Port Harcourt, which was performed by Enugu State governor, Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi.

Wike said: “This morning, I was watching Channels, I saw the former acting national chairman of the party, Makarfi, and he said he is very close to me. I don’t know how close he is to me.

“Somebody, who is close to me, I don’t know when last we spoke. I have never spoken to him for the past five months. So, if you’re close to somebody, politically, there is no way in five months you won’t have spoken to the person, is it not?

“He said, ‘Wike, you’re sabotaging other people.’ I don’t know who says the other people have not. What I want to advise Makarfi is, look, you have a job. Make sure PDP wins in Kaduna State. That is your job; leave Wike alone.

“Take it upon yourself that Kaduna falls to PDP. I don’t want to hear excuses that they rigged election or they didn’t rig election. That is what I’ve told everybody. In Kano, make sure PDP wins. In Niger, make PDP win. In Jigawa, make sure PDP wins. If you win, then see whether PDP wins here or not. It is ‘operation deliver your state’. Don’t use anybody’s state to add up.”

https://guardian.ng/news/pdp-may-opt-for-olafeso-agbaje-as-ayus-replacement/

Re: PDP May Opt For Olafeso, Agbaje As Ayu’s Replacement by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 1:48pm On Aug 31, 2022
matters arising.

2 Likes

Re: PDP May Opt For Olafeso, Agbaje As Ayu’s Replacement by abobote: 1:55pm On Aug 31, 2022
Mimiko or Agbaje are good options

2 Likes

Re: PDP May Opt For Olafeso, Agbaje As Ayu’s Replacement by Asgard73: 1:58pm On Aug 31, 2022
Old news

Ayu is not stepping down

Let the Yoruba media keep selling their noise

Power to the people
North 2023

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP May Opt For Olafeso, Agbaje As Ayu’s Replacement by slivertongue: 1:59pm On Aug 31, 2022
Another permutation.
Re: PDP May Opt For Olafeso, Agbaje As Ayu’s Replacement by MadeInTokyo: 2:08pm On Aug 31, 2022
grin grin grin
PDP... Power
I am Obiediently Atikulated
I am ok with Peter Obi or Atiku
Thunder fire the Alagbado pampers wearing Thief-nubu and his zombies supporters

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PDP May Opt For Olafeso, Agbaje As Ayu’s Replacement by abeyaktech: 2:37pm On Aug 31, 2022
Agbaje will sell PDP to tinubu....

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PDP May Opt For Olafeso, Agbaje As Ayu’s Replacement by inforesource: 2:48pm On Aug 31, 2022
confused! 3 chairmen within one year. This is what happens when some sets of individuals hijack party structure. Never again!!!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP May Opt For Olafeso, Agbaje As Ayu’s Replacement by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 2:48pm On Aug 31, 2022
grin grin grin

PDP should never allow Agbaje become chairman except they want to be totally useless.

6 Likes

Re: PDP May Opt For Olafeso, Agbaje As Ayu’s Replacement by Moh247: 2:50pm On Aug 31, 2022
cool

Wow... So it's suddenly Southwest turn for chairmanship

You will still understand why Jimi Agbaje has lost countless time in Lagos even when he was once a Tinubu boy, even Jandor

11 Likes

Re: PDP May Opt For Olafeso, Agbaje As Ayu’s Replacement by YINKS89(m): 2:50pm On Aug 31, 2022
Unserious party been threatened by an individual
Re: PDP May Opt For Olafeso, Agbaje As Ayu’s Replacement by ecolime(m): 2:50pm On Aug 31, 2022
Any arrangement that makes Tinubu & Kwankwaso struggle for 3rd position is okay by me.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PDP May Opt For Olafeso, Agbaje As Ayu’s Replacement by yinkus6750(m): 2:51pm On Aug 31, 2022
Now they know , the South is only worthy of party chairman
After 8 years northern rule by PMB .
They will surely fail again
Re: PDP May Opt For Olafeso, Agbaje As Ayu’s Replacement by Khaysee: 2:51pm On Aug 31, 2022
The next President Of Nigeria God know already we are all guessing

Check signature
Re: PDP May Opt For Olafeso, Agbaje As Ayu’s Replacement by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 2:51pm On Aug 31, 2022
abobote:

Agbaje should be the last option. He is a mole for Tinubu.
Re: PDP May Opt For Olafeso, Agbaje As Ayu’s Replacement by ogatboy(m): 2:51pm On Aug 31, 2022
It was gathered that a group in the party in the South-West is opposed to Mimiko becoming the chairman, because of what they described as his inconsistent membership and ‘nomadic disposition,’ having defected from PDP to Zenith Labour Party (ZLP) where he worked against the party’s interest, only to return a couple of years later.

Excuse me, did they whole crop of leader, I mean present chairman and even presidential candidate work against the party before? You see Atiku cannot keep his word. He is Buhari 2.0, he will say and do anything to get into power. After, you will see the true colour.

Atiku wants to steal his own national cake.
Re: PDP May Opt For Olafeso, Agbaje As Ayu’s Replacement by Truthisunique2: 2:52pm On Aug 31, 2022
If they must give Yoruba man it should not be a Yoruba Muslim cos their loyalty is to Tinubu first

I watched wike commissioning today, he said if buhari promised to free Election in 2023 that he should know his party APC will not go anywhere in rivers

This is a man Tinubu people are clapping for not knowing he is using them as bargain chip in pdp
Re: PDP May Opt For Olafeso, Agbaje As Ayu’s Replacement by MarveworldG: 2:52pm On Aug 31, 2022
Whatever that would make Nigeria Better

Re: PDP May Opt For Olafeso, Agbaje As Ayu’s Replacement by AsawanaDgreat: 2:53pm On Aug 31, 2022
We are waiting
Re: PDP May Opt For Olafeso, Agbaje As Ayu’s Replacement by sotall(m): 2:53pm On Aug 31, 2022
grin

Agbaje ke grin grin
Re: PDP May Opt For Olafeso, Agbaje As Ayu’s Replacement by slickbak(m): 2:54pm On Aug 31, 2022
cheesy

A lot of court cases loading in pdp.

The talk of Ayu resigning seems like backyard talk with no legality.
Re: PDP May Opt For Olafeso, Agbaje As Ayu’s Replacement by jrusky(m): 2:55pm On Aug 31, 2022
Mr Ayu stop being defiants and stubborn pls step down honourably.
Re: PDP May Opt For Olafeso, Agbaje As Ayu’s Replacement by BIDOO(m): 2:55pm On Aug 31, 2022
abobote:
Do you guys really know the constitutional stance in a case like this? Wike was just being naive for calling for ayu resignation! If he eventually succeed in forcing ayu resignation, the law state that the deputy chairman from North should take over! So what the fuss all about? He cannot achieve his aim by getting a southerner for replacement!
Re: PDP May Opt For Olafeso, Agbaje As Ayu’s Replacement by DeleTaller: 2:56pm On Aug 31, 2022
oshozondii:

https://guardian.ng/news/pdp-may-opt-for-olafeso-agbaje-as-ayus-replacement/

If dem try am... Atiku will not believe wetin go happen..
Re: PDP May Opt For Olafeso, Agbaje As Ayu’s Replacement by Spaxon(f): 2:56pm On Aug 31, 2022
LoL is it the Abaje I know?
Re: PDP May Opt For Olafeso, Agbaje As Ayu’s Replacement by Nobody: 2:56pm On Aug 31, 2022
To loose just dey hungry diz people
Re: PDP May Opt For Olafeso, Agbaje As Ayu’s Replacement by Antoeni(m): 2:56pm On Aug 31, 2022
This very picture Fascinated me because Goodluck Jonathan's Attitude has ignited my humane: to forgive one another.

After executing Jonathan's 'Obituary' in 2012 they still came to his house, he welcomed them and also prevented Tinubu from Falling.

This is Real HUMANITY.

Prepare your PVCs!

ObiDatti2023

5 Likes

Re: PDP May Opt For Olafeso, Agbaje As Ayu’s Replacement by zirotectresore: 3:00pm On Aug 31, 2022

(1) (2) (Reply)

No One Can Stop Me From Securing PDP Ticket: Shaibu / Bayo Ojo Elected 1st Nigerian To Uk Arbitrators’ Institute / Bomb Explosion At Sabon Gari In Kano

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.