Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,474 members, 7,850,635 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 06:30 AM

Will Ijaws Man Ever Rule Delta State As Governor? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Will Ijaws Man Ever Rule Delta State As Governor? (1826 Views)

Tinubu Will Never And Ever Rule Nigeria: Advice From A Nairander / Nobody From The Core North Will Ever Rule Nigeria Again / Breaking: Gombe Beats Kano State, As Unbelievable Crowd Grace Buhari's Rally (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Will Ijaws Man Ever Rule Delta State As Governor? by Nonam: 11:37pm On Sep 04, 2022
That means your popsy is Edo.
OK. I understood.

KanwuliaExtra:

“Ka Anyi Wulia” = Kanwulia

“Let us all Rejoice” - EXTRA.

My mom is Igbo. That is my Igbo name.✅
Re: Will Ijaws Man Ever Rule Delta State As Governor? by Nobody: 2:21pm On Dec 24, 2022
Captain8:
did the man testified to you that he is Ijaw or you are the one declaring for him his ethnicity?

There is no Urhobo in Bayelsa
Ijaw proselytism at its finest. "What is mine is mine and what is yours is open for debate", spoken like a true pirate, your ijo ancestors must be very proud that you are carrying out their tradition of creating chaos everywhere like the pirates they were.

Bayelsa is not entirely ijaw, there are some Edoid people who originate from parts of Bayelsa
Re: Will Ijaws Man Ever Rule Delta State As Governor? by Nobody: 2:31pm On Dec 24, 2022
OfoIgbo:

Dream on..

The Urhobosb and Igboids are the largest ethnic groups in Delta state.

Anioma are not "igboids"

1 Like

Re: Will Ijaws Man Ever Rule Delta State As Governor? by Nobody: 2:33pm On Dec 24, 2022
hammer567:

IN ANOTHER 8 YEARS TIME, IJAW WILL RULE.

URHOBO WONT LET OKOWA HAND TO IJAW NOW.

Ijaw will never rule over Edo state or Delta state.

1 Like

Re: Will Ijaws Man Ever Rule Delta State As Governor? by christistruth01: 2:39pm On Dec 24, 2022
Ebi2233:

We are the Deputy Governor of Rivers and Delta as we speak and the immediate past Deputy of Ondo, as well as the First Lady of Edo.
Apart from Bayelsa that is fully Ijaw.
We will take over Delta for sure.

What do you Mean by Ijaw will take over Delta

Do you plan to evict the other Anioma,Urhobo,Itsekiri,Isoko ?
Re: Will Ijaws Man Ever Rule Delta State As Governor? by Nobody: 2:41pm On Dec 24, 2022
Ebi2233:

We are the Deputy Governor of Rivers and Delta as we speak and the immediate past Deputy of Ondo, as well as the First Lady of Edo.
Since when is "first lady" an official position ?
So sucking the manhood of the governor is now an official government position ?
The only reason some ijo are deputy governors in the south-south is just to calm you guys (ijo pirates), it is a bad idea, you guys have criminality in your DNA.
Re: Will Ijaws Man Ever Rule Delta State As Governor? by Nwaetche(m): 2:43pm On Dec 24, 2022
What are they? Is Anioma Edoid?

Are you not even ashamed of saying this?
Ghostwon82:

Anioma are not "igboids"
Re: Will Ijaws Man Ever Rule Delta State As Governor? by Nobody: 2:44pm On Dec 24, 2022
Nwaetche:
What are they? Is Anioma Edoid?

Are you not even ashamed of saying this?
Anioma is a people of Benin empire, Obaseki is one of the most famous Anioma families of Benin city.
Anioma is not Igbo, even Anioma titles are Edo titles. And Anioma even claim to have migrated from Benin city.
Anioma monarchs have Benin swords and wear Benin attire as well.
Ignorant and dogma driven and intellectually bankrupt Nigerians like you will always talk as if you were an authority on a subject on which you know nothing.
By the way, I'm an Obaseki.

1 Like

Re: Will Ijaws Man Ever Rule Delta State As Governor? by OfoIgbo: 2:56pm On Dec 24, 2022
Ghostwon82:

Anioma are not "igboids"

ANIOMA means GOOD LAND in Igbo.

ANIOMA is a variant of Igboland. Any Anioma person could be easily understood by any Anambra person.

Even the Kwales, which happens to be the most difficult dialect in the Anioma cluster, has much more in common with Anambra Igbo, than it has with Urhobo, Itsekiri, Edo or Ijaw
Re: Will Ijaws Man Ever Rule Delta State As Governor? by Nobody: 2:59pm On Dec 24, 2022
OfoIgbo:

ANIOMA means GOOD LAND in Igbo.

ANIOMA is a variant of Igboland. Any Anioma person could be easily understood by any Anambra person.

Even the Kwales, which happens to be the most difficult dialect in the Anioma cluster, has much more in common with Anambra Igbo, than it has with Urhobo, Itsekiri, Edo or Ijaw
Keep saying complete nonsense. Belgians speak French but they are not French. Different people's can have common features in their languages without being the same people. Also Anioma languages have just as much in common with other Edoid languages.
You guys are always about language similarities and never about actual history.

Basically you guys always say: "my language looks like yours, therefore you are Igbo". Not withstanding that to anybody from Europe, all our languages look similar.

1 Like

Re: Will Ijaws Man Ever Rule Delta State As Governor? by Nwaetche(m): 3:00pm On Dec 24, 2022
I am not here to banter this worn out line with you.

Benin empire is different from Bini people.

The Benin empire was made of many nationalities including the Igbos as has been noted by many historical scholars. Even The Ezechime family and the respected Onitsha ruling Dynasty was once sojourning in the great Benin empire.
Just as you have noted in Anioma, you can also see these in some parts of Anambra.

So having some of the Anioma clans as part of the great Benin empire does not make them Ediod or Bini people. Having some of their traditional statecraft derived from the great Benin empire has nothing to do with their nationality or tribal affiliation.

The Anioma clans are Igbos and Igboids and your wishful thinking or Igbo denial among some few elements in Anioma after the civil war has nothing to do with historical facts.

As a final note please; as our forefathers cooperated with one another and lived in relative peace through time past, let us continue to live in peace and maintain our traditional boundaries as in the years past.
I am done discussing this.

Ghostwon82:

Anioma is a people of Benin empire, Obaseki is one of the most famous Anioma families of Benin city.
Anioma is not Igbo, even Anioma titles are Edo titles. And Anioma even claim to have migrated from Benin city.
Re: Will Ijaws Man Ever Rule Delta State As Governor? by Nobody: 3:05pm On Dec 24, 2022
Nwaetche:

So having some of the Anioma clans as part of the great Benin empire does not make them Ediod or Bini people. Having some of their traditional statecraft derived from the great Benin empire has nothing to do with their nationality or tribal affiliation.

The Anioma clans are Igbos and Igboids and your wishful

1) I claim "Anioma are Edo people of Benin empire", I present evidence to back it.
2) you claim "eventhough your evidence is true, Anioma are not Edo people, they are Igbo"

Insanity defined, you have a dogma and no matter the evidence and logic presented, you will not deviate from your dogma.
Re: Will Ijaws Man Ever Rule Delta State As Governor? by golddust6000(m): 3:05pm On Dec 24, 2022
Ghostwon82:

Keep saying complete nonsense. Belgians speak French but they are not French. Different people's can have common features in their languages without being the same people. Also Anioma languages have just as much in common with other Edoid languages.

Basically you guys always say: "my language looks like yours, therefore we you are Igbo". Not withstanding that to anybody from Europe, all our languages look similar.
Re: Will Ijaws Man Ever Rule Delta State As Governor? by Nwaetche(m): 3:07pm On Dec 24, 2022
Sure, Ijaws are gaining lots of political Power in Delta State.

I thing their time is coming in few years.

Nonam:
As an young man from Delta north, I keep wondering. Will an Ijaw man ever govern Delta State.?
Re: Will Ijaws Man Ever Rule Delta State As Governor? by nextdoor84(m): 3:50pm On Dec 24, 2022
Nwaetche:
Sure, Ijaws are gaining lots of political Power in Delta State.

I thing their time is coming in few years.

Bro please, just ignore the guy writing thrash about Anioma! Do not wrestle with a pig. He said he is an Obaseki? He should go and ask about his family history. What is the meaning of Obaseki?
Re: Will Ijaws Man Ever Rule Delta State As Governor? by Owologbo(m): 3:50pm On Dec 24, 2022
Nonam:
As an young man from Delta north, I keep wondering. Will an Ijaw man ever govern Delta State.?

How's that your problem?
Some people once said a Delta Igbo will never rule Delta State, you are now taking it the ijaws. Hope you are not one of those unstable people that come online to fan disunity?
Is the present deputy governor not from Ijaw?
rubbish.

1 Like

Re: Will Ijaws Man Ever Rule Delta State As Governor? by Nobody: 3:52pm On Dec 24, 2022
I'm not surprised to see someone who calls himself owoigbo use the term "delta-igbo", just keep putting Igbo tags on people to convince them they are Igbo.
Re: Will Ijaws Man Ever Rule Delta State As Governor? by omoharry(f): 3:53pm On Dec 24, 2022
Nonam:
The one wey Una get for Bayelsa be reach una ?
Re: Will Ijaws Man Ever Rule Delta State As Governor? by Nobody: 3:53pm On Dec 24, 2022
Let me go and talk to my algeria-igbo friends now.
Re: Will Ijaws Man Ever Rule Delta State As Governor? by omoharry(f): 3:54pm On Dec 24, 2022
OfoIgbo:

Dream on..

The Urhobosb and Igboids are the largest ethnic groups in Delta state.

you are right .
Re: Will Ijaws Man Ever Rule Delta State As Governor? by Nobody: 3:57pm On Dec 24, 2022
1) there is no such thing as igboids in delta state
2) the Urhobo are the majority in delta state
3) that doesn't even matter because them and the Anioma are from the same Edoid family.
Re: Will Ijaws Man Ever Rule Delta State As Governor? by Nobody: 4:00pm On Dec 24, 2022
nextdoor84:

Bro please, just ignore the guy writing thrash about Anioma! Do not wrestle with a pig. He said he is an Obaseki? He should go and ask about his family history. What is the meaning of Obaseki?

So you had the impression that you knew my family history better than me ?
"What is the meaning of Obaseki?" Are you asking in order to know, or are you trying to make a point ? Be more precise, I certainly do not read people's minds.
Re: Will Ijaws Man Ever Rule Delta State As Governor? by Captain8(m): 6:43pm On Dec 24, 2022
Ghostwon82:

Ijaw proselytism at its finest. "What is mine is mine and what is yours is open for debate", spoken like a true pirate, your ijo ancestors must be very proud that you are carrying out their tradition of creating chaos everywhere like the pirates they were.

Bayelsa is not entirely ijaw, there are some Edoid people who originate from parts of Bayelsa
there is no urhobo or any other ethnicity in bayelsa.. you don't even have respect.
Re: Will Ijaws Man Ever Rule Delta State As Governor? by OfoIgbo: 10:26pm On Dec 24, 2022
Ghostwon82:

Basically you guys always say: "my language looks like yours, therefore you are Igbo". Not withstanding that to anybody from Europe, all our languages look similar.

Let's start by knowing what ANIOMA means in Edo
Re: Will Ijaws Man Ever Rule Delta State As Governor? by Nobody: 10:30pm On Dec 24, 2022
OfoIgbo:

Let's start by knowing what ANIOMA means in Edo

1)Let's start by knowing what Yoruba means in yoruba
2) let's start by knowing what "African" means in any African language
3) let's start by knowing what French means in French language
4) let's start by knowing what Germanic means in German
5) let's start by knowing what Indian means in native Indian language
6) let's start by knowing what anglais means in English.
7) it seems you are not above semi-literate talking points. I blame your teachers and your parents.
Re: Will Ijaws Man Ever Rule Delta State As Governor? by Nobody: 10:44pm On Dec 24, 2022
We can even be more basic than that: what does English mean in English ?
This semi-literate talking point has existed for so long (more than 30 years), yet you guys still haven't figured out that it is logically flawed ... You guys are not very smart.
Re: Will Ijaws Man Ever Rule Delta State As Governor? by OfoIgbo: 5:31am On Dec 25, 2022
Ghostwon82:

7) it seems you are not above semi-literate talking points. I blame your teachers and your parents.

ANIOMA means good land in Igbo. It also means good land to the ANIOMA gentleman that coined that word. His name's Chief Dennis Osadebe.

What does OSADEBE mean in Edo, Ijaw, Urhobo or Itsekiri? Your illiteracy won't help you in this thread
Re: Will Ijaws Man Ever Rule Delta State As Governor? by Nobody: 5:43am On Dec 25, 2022
OfoIgbo:

ANIOMA means good land in Igbo. It also means good land to the ANIOMA gentleman that coined that word. His name's Chief Dennis Osadebe.

What does OSADEBE mean in Edo, Ijaw, Urhobo or Itsekiri? Your illiteracy won't help you in this thread
Anioma means Anioma in Edo language, now what ?
I'm certainly not joining your daft game.
Ghostwon82:

I am not being an illiterate, you are just ignoring logic because it doesn't go your way. The name of a people doesn't generally have a meaning other than the name itself in the people's language. Many times, the names of people come from the way other peoples used to call them: e.g the Vikings, the Germans and the Indians and the Africans and the yoruba. You don't seem able to go beyond semi-literate talking points, that shows your very low level of intelligence, combined with the way you ignore logic if it goes against your interests, it shows you are a fool.
By the way your imagination is so low that you had to take the word illiterate from my comment to insult me with. You couldn't come up with your own insult. Dude, get some education.

An other thing: your language's dictionary is not old at all, therefore you actually have no way of knowing if a word comes from your language or not since there is no etymology for your language. I don't expect you to be smart enough to understand any of what I said here.
Re: Will Ijaws Man Ever Rule Delta State As Governor? by BOLATINUBU01: 7:17am On Dec 25, 2022
Ebi2233:

which deputy governor of ondo State
Re: Will Ijaws Man Ever Rule Delta State As Governor? by OfoIgbo: 4:29pm On Dec 26, 2022

Anioma means Anioma in Edo language, now what ?
I'm certainly not joining your daft game.

I am not being an illiterate, you are just ignoring logic because it doesn't go your way. The name of a people doesn't generally have a meaning other than the name itself in the people's language. Many times, the names of people come from the way other peoples used to call them: e.g the Vikings, the Germans and the Indians and the Africans and the yoruba. You don't seem able to go beyond semi-literate talking points, that shows your very low level of intelligence, combined with the way you ignore logic if it goes against your interests, it shows you are a fool.
By the way your imagination is so low that you had to take the word illiterate from my comment to insult me with. You couldn't come up with your own insult. Dude, get some education.

An other thing: your language's dictionary is not old at all, therefore you actually have no way of knowing if a word comes from your language or not since there is no etymology for your language. I don't expect you to be smart enough to understand any of what I said here.

Explain the fact that an Anioma son was once the secretary general of Ohanaeze Ndigbo in the person of Chief Joe Achuzia.
Also explain the fact that an Anioma son was once the president general of Ohanaeze Ndigbo in the person of Chief Ralph Uwechue.

Especially as one of the major criteria to be a major official of Ohanaeze is that you must be an IGBO PERSON
Re: Will Ijaws Man Ever Rule Delta State As Governor? by ican2020: 4:52pm On Dec 26, 2022
It will happen one day
Re: Will Ijaws Man Ever Rule Delta State As Governor? by stuffs2002: 5:17pm On Dec 26, 2022
Nonam:

Politics is a game of numbers and minority tribes hardly ever gets to be governors.

Same way Peter Obi will not get to president of Nigeria

(1) (2) (Reply)

Igbos Would Be President After Me – Atiku / Throwback - Obi Didn't Arrest Me, Order Came From Abuja - El Rufai Confesses / 2023: Protest Against Using Of BVAS By INEC Hits Ogun,

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.