Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,476 members, 7,850,645 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 06:40 AM

Nigerians Arriving Dubai Are Detained And Their Passports Seized (Video) - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerians Arriving Dubai Are Detained And Their Passports Seized (Video) (31934 Views)

Man Mourns Girlfriend Who Died In An Accident 11 Days After Arriving Nigeria / Drunk Driver Kills Nigerian Man 6 Weeks After Arriving In The US (photos) / What Nigerians Travelling To Dubai Are Going Through At Cotonou Airport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians Arriving Dubai Are Detained And Their Passports Seized (Video) by sukkot: 7:47am On Sep 01, 2022
Simplythebest:
I disagree with u my brother. Visa is issued by immigration and someone can't wake up on day and start stopping people from entering Dubai cus he works with the immigration. Dubai is not Nigeria were everyone can do anything u like or take personal decisions. Anything that concerns visa is from the immigration and pls don't say what ia wrong or try to twist it and make me to believe wrong thing pls i have pass that stage.
am telling you bro, its like the uk, the elites know they need immigrants but the people on the street hate immigrants. so while the govt issues you the visa the guy on the street who works as an immigration officer would look for every way to discredit your entry into the uk. but of course he will be looking for some legal loopholes to do it within the law so he does not get fired. he may say your visa is issued for only 3 months but your ticket is open for a whole year . DENIED ENTRY. so he would always look for every loophole to deny you entry

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Arriving Dubai Are Detained And Their Passports Seized (Video) by greypencils: 7:49am On Sep 01, 2022
nedekid:

They also get intimidated when Nigerians outsmart them and begin to prosper
There in is the erroneous believe that Nigerians are smart. I'd rather say stupid! There is this saying that you fool me once, shame on you, you fool me twice shame on me.
What smartness and prosperity? Nigerians went into Dubai and robbed a money changing office, got some cash, they sell drugs or commit fraud, or do cult runs, is that prosperity or being smart? Go to the United kingdom and try opening a bank account that was easy to do those days, it is almost impossible as a Nigerian. Why, so called smart nigerians, basterdised the system years back. Ofcourse on the short term they made small money, but on the long term destroyed opportunities for other Nigerians!
Most countries now do not want to see Nigerians come and mess up their place as we have done ours. And I see it getting worse.
You can imagine the stupid @bolded. Are you supposed to come into another country to outsmart the owners of that country? You are invited to work, be a honest person and go about your business quietly instead of commiting crimes (outsmarting them). Countries are out to protect their citizens from criminals and those who are out to outsmart them. It is this same mindset Nigerians have when traveling out to other countries, to outsmart others, by trafficking drugs abi? Stupid set of humans.

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigerians Arriving Dubai Are Detained And Their Passports Seized (Video) by NuCypher: 7:50am On Sep 01, 2022
They say they don’t want you in their country. Then leave and go somewhere else. Na by force? Isn’t it your money you are going to spend there?

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Arriving Dubai Are Detained And Their Passports Seized (Video) by Microwhy: 7:51am On Sep 01, 2022
What is this on a cross border journey. Even Dubai always dress to cover but because they wanted a travel destination doesn't mean they're 100% comfortable with all this rubbish.
So annoying prostitutes.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Arriving Dubai Are Detained And Their Passports Seized (Video) by greypencils: 7:54am On Sep 01, 2022
Simplythebest:
See question so if u are the government what do u plan to do with this kind of issue?
See answer! The government won't do jack shit. Let Nigerians be law abiding when they travel to other countries. Is that too much to ask? When they are not, their host country have the fucking right to do any Bleep they want.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerians Arriving Dubai Are Detained And Their Passports Seized (Video) by Simplythebest: 7:55am On Sep 01, 2022
Noooo Dubai visa is issued by the immigration and someone can't wake up a day and stop a particular country from coming in cus he ir work with the immigration without following policy. This is Dubai everything comes to immigration boss. Like if u are owning Dubai maybe 100 dirham as traffic fine do u know that u can't leave the country without paying for it cus at the immigration the will ask to pay for it. Is through immigration that the country is safe so any decision there taken is a rule and order
Cus immigration will protect the image of the country. Do u know how many countries that land in the airport and someone will from someone take personal decisions. I 1000% disagree with u that Dubai immigration person acted personally
sukkot:
am telling you bro, its like the uk, the elites know they need immigrants but the people on the street hate immigrants. so while the govt issues you the visa the guy on the street who works as an immigration officer would look for every way to discredit your entry into the uk. but of course he will be looking for some legal loopholes to do it within the law so he does not get fired. he may say your visa is issued for only 3 months but your ticket is open for a whole year . DENIED ENTRY. so he would always look for every loophole to deny you entry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Arriving Dubai Are Detained And Their Passports Seized (Video) by sukkot: 7:56am On Sep 01, 2022
Simplythebest:
Noooo Dubai visa is issued by the immigration and someone can't wake up a day and stop a particular country from coming in cus he ir work with the immigration without following policy. This is Dubai everything comes to immigration boss. Like if u are owning Dubai maybe 100 dirham as traffic fine do u know that u can't leave the country without paying for it cus at the immigration the will ask to pay for it. Is through immigration that the country is safe so any decision there taken is a rule and order
Cus immigration will protect the image of the country. Do u know how many countries that land in the airport and someone will from someone take personal decisions. I 1000% disagree with u that Dubai immigration person acted personally
well did you watch the video ? thats exactly what is happening grin grin grin grin

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians Arriving Dubai Are Detained And Their Passports Seized (Video) by Simplythebest: 7:57am On Sep 01, 2022
Must everyone believe same way? In Nigeria don't we still have thief. We just need political will is really lacking boss.
greypencils:
See answer! The government won't do jack shit. Let Nigerians be law abiding when they travel to other countries. Is that too much to ask? When they are not, their host country have the fucking right to do any Bleep they want.
Re: Nigerians Arriving Dubai Are Detained And Their Passports Seized (Video) by Berankis: 8:02am On Sep 01, 2022
chatinent:
Country with bad names globally.

There has not been a time Nigeria was good in history. Our past leaders are all acting scents now because of the level Buhari has taken the country to. However, during Obasanjo's time, it was bad too... little wonder African China sang Lead Us Well, and Eedris, Nigeria Jagajaga, and they all came for their heads. Even Fela has been shouting!

Goodluck Ebele was also another failure!

So e don tey dem destiny naija for ruins.

They all know how to better the country but they don't want to...it'll spoil their cash outs!
This is wisdom!
It's has always been bad. Only now it's even "badder". All the past Leaders contributed to this current madness. And we Nigerians too are not helping matters as we are all terrible people and we behave very badly only with an exception of inconsequential few.
It's as if Nigerians had been predestined to suffer!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians Arriving Dubai Are Detained And Their Passports Seized (Video) by owagbeba: 8:03am On Sep 01, 2022
carreport:
Good they shouldn't allow Nigerians in their country.
and Vikings cult groups hope u are seeing the result of your stupidity

The Vikings don in UAE has been in jail for over two months now. They he’d him incommunicado. I hope he had listened to me to quit this childish game but he didn’t. Now wife, kid are in agony.

UAE opened their heart to us in the early 2000; even in 2010 upto 2015...UAE was fair to us. Then the NigeriaN agents started to abuse this openness; bringing in hundreds of youths to seek for job. Many wanted easy money other than the mundane security and cleaning jobs Dubai had to offer. They left job and setup bootleg liquor sales in park and at rented apartment. The ladies started prostitution. Earlier on it was a bit subtle...sitting a bar waiting for hook ups. They got brazen ...catwalking the city center in wide hips.

That not enough, they started to rob exchange centers, shoplift at malls. It was just too much to bear for any country.

ROSCO became so popular in UAE that they started to deny entries to females of certain age from a number of countries.

The same ills done to UAE by Nigerians have been exported to Bahrain and Oman. There are no jobs in this region. The ladies there are running prostitution rings and bootleg beer joints. Some “agbor” boys are gaining notoriety for their Yahoo, sagging pants and rascality in this sleepy hot desert nations. We should expect more bans for Nigerians traveling to the Mideast

I think we really need to look inward and stop this free-for-all-do-as-you-like mentality. That’s the same mentality that make us do “anyhow” here in Nigeria.

We need to fix Nigeria. I bet you, you can never find this level of poverty seen in Nigeria in these nations like Qatar, UAE, Oman.... even ummalquwain the least Emirate in UAE does not have this level of depravity seen in Ejigbo -at the heart of mainland. See photo 3

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigerians Arriving Dubai Are Detained And Their Passports Seized (Video) by greypencils: 8:10am On Sep 01, 2022
Simplythebest:
Must everyone believe same way? In Nigeria don't we still have thief. We just need political will is really lacking boss.
Political will indeed! Dey cap dey go. If Nigerians don't want to have sense, other countries will teach them sense.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians Arriving Dubai Are Detained And Their Passports Seized (Video) by Osanoghodua1: 8:14am On Sep 01, 2022
Nigerians are destroying other nations with cultism and fraud. So the discrimination against them. Let everyone come home to pursue a revolution once and for all at last all nations will start respecting us

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians Arriving Dubai Are Detained And Their Passports Seized (Video) by Crafteck1: 8:17am On Sep 01, 2022

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Arriving Dubai Are Detained And Their Passports Seized (Video) by OnionBandit(f): 8:18am On Sep 01, 2022
thoollz:
No one should cry about the government, I detest this govt as much as majority of Nigerians currently, but let's look inward as a people.

How can you go to another man's country and be causing havoc, chaos and even threatening their citizens and expect the Govt of that country to welcome you with open arms?

I saw a video of the recent happening in dubai and I knew something like this will happen.

NIGERIANS, stop denting our image abroad and coming online to cry when actions taken against you seem hostile. We can do better than this, we can't be barbaric. Most countries already tag Nigerians as criminals.

Drug, prostitution, cultism, fraud in countries that opened their borders to you. Yet you pay them with evil. A country that has more religious worship houses than hospitals, yet filled with criminally minded people.

We blame the Govt, are the Govt not Nigerians?
We need to do better.
God bless you abeg. I was hoping someone would make such reasonable contribution on the first page of the thread and you did.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians Arriving Dubai Are Detained And Their Passports Seized (Video) by OnionBandit(f): 8:22am On Sep 01, 2022
Emily22:
One thing we knows how to say is " I know my rights" .

Your f*ckin right in which country?

Even in Nigeria, Government officials can mess up your rights talkless of Arab countries...

As a Nigerian, you don't have any rights over there. They can mess you up anytime they feel like.

Let's just hope OBI wins and make our nation a proud nation once again.
Your comment was an enjoyable read until I got to the last paragraph. Nonsense! undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Arriving Dubai Are Detained And Their Passports Seized (Video) by Midastorch(m): 8:23am On Sep 01, 2022
Newsmic:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UuXgLs_yXEc

https://twitter.com/dunchichi/status/1564872519819091969?t=7NZcQiPoxzXFio-f2KDxlQ&s=19

Nigerian youths and stupid threats, werey say he go report to United Nations....lmfaooooo...it's their country they can do the Bleep they want....lmfaooooooo

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians Arriving Dubai Are Detained And Their Passports Seized (Video) by Midastorch(m): 8:26am On Sep 01, 2022
thoollz:
No one should cry about the government, I detest this govt as much as majority of Nigerians currently, but let's look inward as a people.

How can you go to another man's country and be causing havoc, chaos and even threatening their citizens and expect the Govt of that country to welcome you with open arms?

I saw a video of the recent happening in dubai and I knew something like this will happen.

NIGERIANS, stop denting our image abroad and coming online to cry when actions taken against you seem hostile. We can do better than this, we can't be barbaric. Most countries already tag Nigerians as criminals.

Drug, prostitution, cultism, fraud in countries that opened their borders to you. Yet you pay them with evil. A country that has more religious worship houses than hospitals, yet filled with criminally minded people.

We blame the Govt, are the Govt not Nigerians?
We need to do better.

God will bless you, may you never know sorrow in this life...you nailed it completely without whitewashing.....

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Arriving Dubai Are Detained And Their Passports Seized (Video) by tamdun: 8:27am On Sep 01, 2022
Imagine if people in dubai, Europe, America etc all ran away from their country, these people fought and developed their country, Shebi Nigeria is a zoo, Una never see anything,

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Arriving Dubai Are Detained And Their Passports Seized (Video) by Edusouls(m): 8:30am On Sep 01, 2022
Let them come back, we wey dey Nigeria never die finish, Abeg vacate all of them, before they damage ur country as they did theirs, lawless and greedy set of people
tamdun:
Imagine if people in dubai, Europe, America etc all ran away from their country, these people fought and developed their country, Shebi Nigeria is a zoo, Una never see anything,

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerians Arriving Dubai Are Detained And Their Passports Seized (Video) by Diligent1(f): 8:34am On Sep 01, 2022
AutoshalomUSA:
Dubai is an ARAB nation , a proud one at that . They understand that young Nigerian men and women come to Dubai to hussle . They also get intimidated when Nigerians outsmart them and begin to prosper , hence they don’t want Nigerians there because it is hard for them to control Nigerians like other African nationals.

They are racist over there , they don’t respect your so-called UN human rights , and ofcourse they don’t care about Nigeria either . Nigerians has over-hyped Dubai so much that it’s not even worth going to anymore .

Travel to Dubai at your own peril or risk !!!!!

quote author=Newsmic post=116243137]

https://twitter.com/dunchichi/status/1564872519819091969?t=7NZcQiPoxzXFio-f2KDxlQ&s=19

We heard that some Nigerians who are cultists are killing one another in Dubai causing havock in the country that is why Dubai is strict on Nigerians.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Arriving Dubai Are Detained And Their Passports Seized (Video) by tamdun: 8:38am On Sep 01, 2022
Kingcalls:
I have always said , the Government is a reflection of the people... Nigerians are not good people... we tend to think that wrong is right .... I have said this b4 , most people in this country dont know when they commit a crime..... yahoo yahoo supporters , money is everything crew , my body my choice crew, Gangster squad... Because Dubai made it easy for us... our mentality is very terrible
Na govt send people go commit crime for abroad?

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians Arriving Dubai Are Detained And Their Passports Seized (Video) by Emperor5(m): 8:39am On Sep 01, 2022
Nigerian deserve whatever they face in other countries, they level of criminality by Nigerian is alarming yet we blame our leaders for everything.
Even animals behave better and well organized in there kingdom than Nigerians.
To get the system working there must be law to cub crime without preference whether elite or common man.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Arriving Dubai Are Detained And Their Passports Seized (Video) by Kingcalls: 8:42am On Sep 01, 2022
tamdun:

Na govt send people go commit crime for abroad?

Smh... English na problem for some people
Re: Nigerians Arriving Dubai Are Detained And Their Passports Seized (Video) by omoyeni37: 8:42am On Sep 01, 2022
owagbeba:

The Vikings don in UAE has been in jail for over two months now. They he’d him incommunicado. I hope he had listened to me to quit this childish game but he didn’t. Now wife, kid are in agony.

UAE opened their heart to us in the early 2000; even in 2010 upto 2015...UAE was fair to us. Then the NigeriaN agents started to abuse this openness; bringing in hundreds of youths to seek for job. Many wanted easy money other than the mundane security and cleaning jobs Dubai had to offer. They left job and setup bootleg liquor sales in park and at rented apartment. The ladies started prostitution. Earlier on it was a bit subtle...sitting a bar waiting for hook ups. They got brazen ...catwalking the city center in wide hips.

That not enough, they started to rob exchange centers, shoplift at malls. It was just too much to bear for any country.

ROSCO became so popular in UAE that they started to deny entries to females of certain age from a number of countries.

The same ills done to UAE by Nigerians have been exported to Bahrain and Oman. There are no jobs in this region. The ladies there are running prostitution rings and bootleg beer joints. Some “agbor” boys are gaining notoriety for their Yahoo, sagging pants and rascality in this sleepy hot desert nations. We should expect more bans for Nigerians traveling to the Mideast

I think we really need to look inward and stop this free-for-all-do-as-you-like mentality. That’s the same mentality that make us do “anyhow” here in Nigeria.

God bless you for this bro
Re: Nigerians Arriving Dubai Are Detained And Their Passports Seized (Video) by porthouse7(f): 8:45am On Sep 01, 2022
Japa people
Re: Nigerians Arriving Dubai Are Detained And Their Passports Seized (Video) by GloriousGbola: 8:46am On Sep 01, 2022
so i was having a convo with my friend who enters dubai on the regular about Nigerians in dubai

you see all the gragra and wahala you go through to get US or UK visa - it means that people going there cannot be anyhow people. you have to jump through too many hoops

but dubai with their visa at point of entry - all sorts of riff raff dey enter

my guy was telling me how at least 10 years ago - he was so ashamed seeing Nigerian ashawos on the streets of Dubai . the rawest of the raw types. and they will of course recognize you and be calling you and asking why you are not answering them. apparently the ashawo thing became so bad that now, no woman under 30 will be let in if she does not have some sort of chaperon or escort that can vouch for her.

same way they went to a night club and it was full of cult boys. imagine travelling out of nigeria to meet riff raff cult boys.

it is a basic life story

IF YOU DO NOT REGULATE YOURSELF, YOU WILL BE REGULATED.

as with everything else , a bunch of uncouth pigs have messed it up for everyone else.

this is the real story of the consequences of our failed system that keeps on churning out uncivilized people with no values beyond a fast buck.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Arriving Dubai Are Detained And Their Passports Seized (Video) by pocohantas(f): 8:48am On Sep 01, 2022
GloriousGbola:
so i was having a convo with my friend about Nigerians in dubai

you see all the gragra and wahala you go through to get Us or UK visa - it means that people gong there cannot be anyhow people

but dubai with their visa at point of entry - all sorts of riff raff dey enter

my guy was telling me how at least 10 years ago - he was so ashamed seeing Nigerian ashawos on the streets of Dubai . the rawest of the raw types. and they will of course recognize you and be calling you and asking why you are not answering them. apparently the ashawo thing became so bad that now, no woman under 30 willbe let in if she does not have some sort of chaperon or escort that can vouch for her.

same way they went to a night club and it was full of cult boys. imagine travelling out of nigeria to meet riff raff cult boys.

it is a basic life story

IF YOU DO NOT REGULATE YOURSELF, YOU WILL BE REGULATED.

True talk!

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Arriving Dubai Are Detained And Their Passports Seized (Video) by mamawa123: 8:52am On Sep 01, 2022
I simply don't know how to respond to this because the way our own people act outside of Nigeria is disgusting. Prostitution, gang-related crimes, and defrauding helpless people of their hard-earned money are all prevalent in our community abroad. This is the result of our bad behaviors, and it is affecting innocent people the most.

This is not surprising at all because some African countries start treating us like shit too.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Arriving Dubai Are Detained And Their Passports Seized (Video) by gare(f): 8:55am On Sep 01, 2022
Newsmic:

This is a one sided story, if you see the lady that had relative was released to go, maybe why the others don't have anybody, known address or hotel reservation, why would they allow them into the country.

Maybe they have decided to start asking questions and checking BTA, how you intend to take care of yourself while in the country, with no proof they send you back.

You leave Nigeria with less than a $100 in your how do you hope to survive ? Because they have thought all these problems.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Arriving Dubai Are Detained And Their Passports Seized (Video) by Solofresh2: 9:02am On Sep 01, 2022
Berankis:

This is wisdom!
It's has always been bad. Only now it's even "badder". All the past Leaders contributed to this current madness. And we Nigerians too are not helping matters as we are all terrible people and we behave very badly only with an exception of inconsequential few.
It's as if Nigerians had been predestined to suffer!
When I told some people that Nigeria is hell on Earth, they keep arguing with me
The economy is the main problem of this country.If the economy is good, crime rate will reduce drastically
Their is no country without crime but it is few.
One thing about life is if you are living in a cycle,it will affect your lifestyle either in a positive or negative

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Arriving Dubai Are Detained And Their Passports Seized (Video) by Everfrank(m): 9:09am On Sep 01, 2022

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Turkish Airlines Suspends Flights To Nigeria Over COVID-19 / 15 Things To Know About The Third-mainland Bridge / Open And Dirty Drainage System In Lagos (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.