Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,449 members, 7,850,569 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 03:47 AM

Self-employed Vs Employee, Which Is Best? - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Self-employed Vs Employee, Which Is Best? (12286 Views)

₦400k Monthly Job In Nigeria Or American Visa, Which Option Is Best? / Don't Bother To Go For Physical Verification If You Are Already Employed. / 5000 Nigerians To Be Employed As TSTV Launches October 1st (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Self-employed Vs Employee, Which Is Best? by Hotfreeze: 5:14pm On Sep 02, 2022
IyaTola:
The bolded is 11plc now

As at when that fool was growing up, it was Mobil.
Re: Self-employed Vs Employee, Which Is Best? by Hotfreeze: 5:15pm On Sep 02, 2022
IyaTola:
Would you like to uave a Solar generator?

Is there a website where one can check it out?
I'm sorry, I don't want to approach directly. This moniker is for nuisance purposes.

1 Like

Re: Self-employed Vs Employee, Which Is Best? by phemmyfour: 5:25pm On Sep 02, 2022
Welkincollege:
SELF-EMPLOYED VS EMPLOYEE

From my point of view, it is better to be self-employed than to be an employee. The advantages of being self employed far outweigh the one of being an employee. Two of the key advantages of being self-employed that I cherish most are:
1. As an entrepreneur, Your business can be inherited while as an employee, your employment can not be inherited.
2. Most employee ( in private sector) are employed by the self-employed folks.

Please share your own view about this subject of discussion in the comments below:
Both comes with its own ups and downs. You can be any of the two and still be frustrated if you don't know what you are doing
Re: Self-employed Vs Employee, Which Is Best? by IyaTola: 5:26pm On Sep 02, 2022
Hotfreeze:

Is there a website where one can check it out?
I'm sorry, I don't want to approach directly. This moniker is for nuisance purposes.
For now, No Sir we are fairly new in Nigeria but we are bluetti is the product name. We are kicking officially next month
Re: Self-employed Vs Employee, Which Is Best? by SALLYBERRY01(m): 5:34pm On Sep 02, 2022
Anyone that works for you.
Re: Self-employed Vs Employee, Which Is Best? by IyaTola: 5:35pm On Sep 02, 2022
Nothing is eay
pocohantas:

After how many years and what business line?
Business is not easy o. None of them is easy.
Re: Self-employed Vs Employee, Which Is Best? by seanwilliam(m): 5:35pm On Sep 02, 2022
Hotfreeze:

Boy, I own several businesses some of which push profits of between 20 to 35 per annum. I have 3 others started within the past 2 years, but I doing better than the initial ones, Yet, I don't look down on those in paid employment.

So, forget your empty cappings, a dozen of you are not worthy enough to tell me about entrepreneurship.
ogbeni, I never looked down on those in paid employment . I’m just telling you that you can make whatever you’re being paid at job from your own business too even more .

If you hit 20-35m profit per annum, why then did you say it’s impossible to make just 2.5m in two weeks?
U no no your onion. I Dey doubt u self
Oga rest abeg !
Re: Self-employed Vs Employee, Which Is Best? by Olam09(m): 5:39pm On Sep 02, 2022
Hotfreeze:

I have gone through your posts and I see that you are a wretched pauper looking for used cylinder to buy and crying because the typewriter you call a laptop was drenched by water. The money I spend on diesel in just one of my outlets will lift you out of squalor. So, just dey your dey.
I don't want to descend on you cos you will hate your existence if I do.

cheesy Anonymous forming rich men on nairaland.. i can see the frustration of what nigeria has done to you in your write up cry
Re: Self-employed Vs Employee, Which Is Best? by Hotfreeze: 5:56pm On Sep 02, 2022
Olam09:

cheesy Anonymous forming rich men on nairaland.. i can see the frustration of what nigeria has done to you in your write up cry

Why did you modify your initial writeup? Ori e baje.
Quote me on a dead thread let me show you that you're a nonentity.
Re: Self-employed Vs Employee, Which Is Best? by doggedfighter(f): 6:04pm On Sep 02, 2022
Men and always measuring their dicks. undecided

A beautiful thread now turned into a thread for for bragging about who's richer than the other.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Self-employed Vs Employee, Which Is Best? by Hotfreeze: 6:05pm On Sep 02, 2022
seanwilliam:
ogbeni, I never looked down on those in paid employment . I’m just telling you that you can make whatever you’re being paid at job from your own business too even more .

If you hit 20-35m profit per annum, why then did you say it’s impossible to make just 2.5m in two weeks?
U no no your onion. I Dey doubt u self
Oga rest abeg !

It is either you don't understand English or you lack comprehension.
I never said it is impossible to make 2.5M per week. I said don't look down on anyone because you make 100k per week. That was why I talked of the person making 2.5M per month.

Whether you think I know my onions or not, I don't care. Your opinions are worthless to me, na my customers be koko

2 Likes

Re: Self-employed Vs Employee, Which Is Best? by Hotfreeze: 6:19pm On Sep 02, 2022
doggedfighter:
Men and always measuring their dicks. undecided
A beautiful thread now turned into a thread for for bragging about who's richer than the other.

You don't understand what is happening. One of these guys talking down on salary earners is actually a thief. He is an fraudster popularly called yahoo boy. His records are all over a particular thread.
Imagine a thief talking down on earning honest pay.
Sometimes, you need to put animals like that in their place so they know the proceeds of crime which they flaunt is nothing in the face of honest sweat.

1 Like

Re: Self-employed Vs Employee, Which Is Best? by doggedfighter(f): 6:43pm On Sep 02, 2022
Hotfreeze:

You don't understand what is happening. One of these guys talking down on salary earners i

s actually a thief. He is an fraudster popularly called yahoo boy. His records are all over a particular thread.
Imagine a thief talking down on earning honest pay.
Sometimes, you need to put animals like that in their place so they know the proceeds of crime which they flaunt is nothing in the face of honest sweat.

I wasn't looking at monikers, I was just reading posts. And I wasn't pleased.

Having observed how he carelessly dropped the 2.5 million bi- weekly earning. I knew he's far from such earning.

Such earning are for people of certain mental capacity.

Maybe he's banking on their once in a blue moon picking from maga.

Hotfreeze, I must say you must learn how to just make your point like a higher person and take a walk.

You went to too far with so many details you were dropping.

Were those really necessary?

Never allow assholes take you down with them to their level.

People may not differentiate or note the difference between you two. grin

I am only speaking from a place of love and respect.

Thanks for your understanding.

2 Likes

Re: Self-employed Vs Employee, Which Is Best? by Kobicove(m): 6:48pm On Sep 02, 2022
Hotfreeze:

As at 2016 when you were looking for a bungalow in Mowe, I was already in real estate selling terraces in Agungi, Osapa and Oniru.
I only use this moniker to look for trouble. Real life, people like you work for my staff. If you want proof, I will show you.
No be mouth, the small change in just 1 of my dorm accounts as at today will lift your family out of poverty.
Entrepreneurship doesn't mean you should look down on those in paid employment. After all, if your father was a Manager in Mobil, you would have had a better childhood than you did.

People are talking, ordinary PWAN marketer is also talking.

Talk is easy!

Please show me proof!

...and at no time did I talk down on salary earners because I was once a salary earner myself so stop putting words in my mouth!
Re: Self-employed Vs Employee, Which Is Best? by Kobicove(m): 6:52pm On Sep 02, 2022
pocohantas:

After how many years and what business line?
Business is not easy o. None of them is easy.

Yes I agree that things are very tough but there are actually people who are still making a lot of money
Re: Self-employed Vs Employee, Which Is Best? by pocohantas(f): 6:53pm On Sep 02, 2022
Kobicove:

Yes I agree that things are very tough but there are actually people who are still making a lot of money

Who are these people making 2.5m biweekly from their businesses.

How old is this business?

What is the line of business?

Some of us want to know, learn and earn same and more. Thank you

3 Likes

Re: Self-employed Vs Employee, Which Is Best? by Hotfreeze: 7:07pm On Sep 02, 2022
doggedfighter:

I wasn't looking at monikers, I was just reading posts. And I wasn't pleased.

Having observed how he carelessly dropped the 2.5 million bi- weekly earning. I knew he's far from such earning.

Such earning are for people of certain mental capacity.

Maybe he's banking on their once in a blue moon picking from maga.

Hotfreeze, I must say you must learn how to just make your point like a higher person and take a walk.

You went to too far with so many details you were dropping.

Were those really necessary?

Never allow assholes take you down with them to their level.

People may not differentiate or note the difference between you two. grin

I am only speaking from a place of love and respect.

Thanks for your understanding.

Thanks, advice taken.

Much appreciated.

1 Like

Re: Self-employed Vs Employee, Which Is Best? by Hotfreeze: 7:08pm On Sep 02, 2022
Kobicove:

People are talking, ordinary PWAN marketer is also talking.

Talk is easy!

Please show me proof!

...and at no time did I talk down on salary earners because I was once a salary earner myself so stop putting words in my mouth!

Okay. I have heard you.
Re: Self-employed Vs Employee, Which Is Best? by bigiyaro(m): 7:18pm On Sep 02, 2022
Your view or preference depends on your personality, just like being satisfied with living a low life, a person with employee mind set can work all his life to help his employer make millions while he is satisfied with the crumbs he and his family gets from the millions. A self employed minded guy, knows that you can never be richer than your employer hence to get the 'real money or wealth' you have to work for yourself. This is why world richest people are business men and women, they essentially work for themselves.
Re: Self-employed Vs Employee, Which Is Best? by Impactech: 7:28pm On Sep 02, 2022
Hotfreeze:

As at 2016 when you were looking for a bungalow in Mowe, I was already in real estate selling terraces in Agungi, Osapa and Oniru.
I only use this moniker to look for trouble. Real life, people like you work for my staff. If you want proof, I will show you.
No be mouth, the small change in just 1 of my dorm accounts as at today will lift your family out of poverty.
Entrepreneurship doesn't mean you should look down on those in paid employment. After all, if your father was a Manager in Mobil, you would have had a better childhood than you did.

Sir/ma, can I work for you... I want to leave trenches
Re: Self-employed Vs Employee, Which Is Best? by SavageBoy: 7:41pm On Sep 02, 2022
TechBaron:
You've never heard of those remote workers earning up to $10,000 every month...

They're still employees.

I believe say you no like entrepreneurship pass them.

There's a type of salary that you'd be offered that would make you forget how to spell entrepreneurship.

Not saying that being self employed doesn't have it's perks though.

One man's meat, could be another man's poison.

You're very correct bro. Imagine say Sundar pichai wan resign as Google CEO. There's a level of success you'll achieve in the corporate world that will make you forget being self-employed.
Re: Self-employed Vs Employee, Which Is Best? by Hotfreeze: 7:42pm On Sep 02, 2022
Impactech:

Sir/ma, can I work for you... I want to leave trenches

I think you're already an employer of Labour. You advertised some roles the other time
Re: Self-employed Vs Employee, Which Is Best? by Acidosis(m): 8:01pm On Sep 02, 2022
TechBaron:
You've never heard of those remote workers earning up to $10,000 every month...

They're still employees.

I believe say you no like entrepreneurship pass them.

Many entrepreneurs are "employees." Most business founders are part of their organizations, earning monthly salaries. Mark Zuckerberg, Tony Elumelu etc. all earn a definite monthly salary as CEOs (the salary is separate from their shares/investment). Necessity Opportunity entrepreneurship is beyond wages and earning.
Re: Self-employed Vs Employee, Which Is Best? by Acidosis(m): 8:07pm On Sep 02, 2022
SavageBoy:

You're very correct bro. Imagine say Sundar pichai wan resign as Google CEO. There's a level of success you'll achieve in the corporate world that will make you forget being self-employed.

He's not just an employee but a major shareholder of the company. You can't rise to that position without being a shareholder/investor. CEO of Google is not something they can give to just anyone. You have to be a major shareholder, one that has something to lose.

1 Like

Re: Self-employed Vs Employee, Which Is Best? by SavageBoy: 8:13pm On Sep 02, 2022
Acidosis:

He's not just an employee but a major shareholder of the company. You can't rise to that position without being a shareholder/investor. CEO of Google is not something they can give to just anyone. You have to be a major shareholder, one that has something to lose.

He's not an investor or whatever. He rose to the top over the years as a google employee. Do your research about him to find out more.
Re: Self-employed Vs Employee, Which Is Best? by Acidosis(m): 8:24pm On Sep 02, 2022
SavageBoy:

He's not an investor or whatever. He rose to the top over the years as a google employee. Do your research about him to find out more.

Of course, he has to rise to the top before getting the job but the position does not come with the typical employee mindset.

When you read stuff like $120 million in stock, what does that tells you?

1 Like

Re: Self-employed Vs Employee, Which Is Best? by labelle123(f): 9:06pm On Sep 02, 2022
In Nigeria, none is even reliable again. Many business I know crumbled under this evil regime and even the employees are not save too
Re: Self-employed Vs Employee, Which Is Best? by cokeryusuf09(m): 9:46pm On Sep 02, 2022
yekete:
For starter, I had been in the two shoe.
But, I tell you.
If the pay of been employed by somebody is good, like over 500k, don't think twice before going for it, especially if it comes with hybrid options.

The seconds option is exactly what I am doing now. Only show up twice in a week (mandatory) at office, and work remotely for the rest of the weekdays.
Some colleagues even comes once a week and work remotely for the rest of weekdays.

No, specific day, just show up on any random day of the weekday.
na it work be dat

Re: Self-employed Vs Employee, Which Is Best? by Gkemz: 11:07pm On Sep 02, 2022
How can you compare a master to a slave.

No matter how much you're earning under a man, you are a slave to him and he can terminate your appointment at will and send you back to the street.

1 Like

Re: Self-employed Vs Employee, Which Is Best? by maik99(m): 12:18am On Sep 03, 2022
IyaTola:
I was out of job because the Singaporean company I was working with was sold to a Nigerian who absorb everyone into his new company except me and Helen (receptionist/cashier) because I used to be a threat to him while working in the dead company as an accountant that I am, doing my job peacefully, yet someone found it threatening, I mean who would be threatened by an accountant if he doesn't have a skeleton in his cupboard (let's just leave that story like that �) so it was a pay back time for him.

Anyways, my Singaporean employer were still paying me (only me) in USD from Singapore even though I was already out of job (I was at home eating, watching movies and applying for jobs seriously, with every breath in me). I remembered that was what made me opened my first USD account then.

During that time I started job hunting and it was the case of applying for anything 'appliable'. I prayed this period like I have never prayed before in my life, because that other man was waiting for my shame (I mean for how long will the Singaporean company continue paying me without working for them?)

But God showed up greatly for me.......

I received a mail from AFDB for a job I applied for with them like 9 months ago.

I applied for the job even when I never knew the Singaporean company will be sold. Google search just brought it my way that day, I applied and completely forgot about it. When I received the test/interview invite , I was like when did I apply for this one again?

Went through all the recruitment process right in my house (via online) and before you say Jack, my employment letter was sitting pretty in my email.

I was like �is this how someone get job in an international organisation, just like that?

In my mind this may be a scam o...let me just go alone first and see what's happening.

Here I am 5 years after, indeed this God is a faithful God.

Thank you Nera Telecommunications Ltd for being a kind employer (they were paying me my full salary until I resigned and wrote to them that I have gotten a new job), that's for about 5 months.

(how this happened is still beyond my comprehension)

If you are reading this, I pray you will experience unusual kindness that surpasses all human understanding and you will NEVER be put to shame. Anyone waiting for your shame will wait in vain and will wait till eternity.If the write up above doesn't inspire you, I don't know what else will kiss

How does one get a job with the AfDB

1 Like

Re: Self-employed Vs Employee, Which Is Best? by Impactech: 12:59am On Sep 03, 2022
Hotfreeze:

I think you're already an employer of Labour. You advertised some roles the other time

Yes, working for the coy on a contract.

I wouldn't mind if I get a better opportunity
Re: Self-employed Vs Employee, Which Is Best? by IyaTola: 6:26am On Sep 03, 2022
Lubrication, diesel and fuel business
pocohantas:

Who are these people making 2.5m biweekly from their businesses.

How old is this business?

What is the line of business?

Some of us want to know, learn and earn same and more. Thank you

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Latest Nigeria Current Affairs Questions And Answers For Job Interviews / How Do I Recover My NIS Recruitment Application Number. / British American Tobacco Nigeria (BATN) Job Recruitment (5 Positions)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.