Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,013 members, 7,825,176 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 08:26 AM

What Do I Do With Dis My Wife - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Do I Do With Dis My Wife (3403 Views)

3 Days After Our Wedding, My Wife Can't Stop Crying / Could My Wife Be Cheating? / Is Dis My Fault Or My Hubby Just Loves To Cheat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Do I Do With Dis My Wife by Ibrotawa: 2:18pm On Aug 17, 2007
I am marrid 4 d past 8ys now .Up till i can not understand my wife. I use to give her 30,000 naira in a month dat is about 300 Usd. But she still complaing. And they are 4 in the house .What do i do. Abi i no try make una tell me oooo, I don tired. Waitin i go do
Re: What Do I Do With Dis My Wife by ssRhino: 3:12pm On Aug 17, 2007
There is need to understand what teh 30K is for, would she have to buy gas into her car, service her car, eat, buy cloth for teh kids and do her hair and still donate at church and look after your mom and dad when they visit?, elaborate more
Re: What Do I Do With Dis My Wife by yewaman1(m): 3:57pm On Aug 17, 2007
kindly explain further
Re: What Do I Do With Dis My Wife by Ibrotawa: 4:03pm On Aug 17, 2007
Thanx. The 30k is just 4 food and gas .And they are just 4 of them in d house.
Re: What Do I Do With Dis My Wife by Ibrotawa: 4:13pm On Aug 17, 2007
I do take care of other things like d car, her hair ,and.My mum. And dady. Still complaing. Do i need 2 ajust or send her away 4 embasement. Waitin make i do.
Re: What Do I Do With Dis My Wife by omoge(f): 4:33pm On Aug 17, 2007
add more wink
Re: What Do I Do With Dis My Wife by mamaput(f): 6:12pm On Aug 17, 2007
You do the shopping for one month and and what she needs to tank. Then you will know if the money is enough or not
Re: What Do I Do With Dis My Wife by omoge(f): 6:22pm On Aug 17, 2007
right there mamaput. as a student, i spend more than that amount in one month for food and things i need for where i live. so that amount for 4 people am sure it too small. things are expensive in nigeria market. unless you want them to eat eba for breakfast, lunch and dinner. so add more.

seat together and calculate how much stuffs needed for the house cost. how much to cook a nice and palatable pot of soup. 30,000 for 4 people is not too much maybe too less. so my brother, take care of your househood and add more. if your wifey is working, you both can discuss how she can add to make up. no too tire oo remember those 5 are your children and wife.
Re: What Do I Do With Dis My Wife by Ibrotawa: 6:47pm On Aug 17, 2007
Omoge: thanx 4 d Advice .I go do as u say. Thank u ooo.Baba God go blss u.
Re: What Do I Do With Dis My Wife by omoge(f): 11:17pm On Aug 17, 2007
well done my brother. na guys like you be guys ojare, keep it up and God bless you wink and your pocket/bank account cheesy
Re: What Do I Do With Dis My Wife by ssRhino: 2:40am On Aug 18, 2007
@ Poster, I will admit that you don try, so many men will even follow dem wives to the market all in da name of not wanting them to spend too much, however, i will advice that you pay attention to the cost of things in nigeria, i will assume that your wife has a cell fone and 6 recharge card alone in a month is 9K, so just sit with her like one sista has said, look into the finance of the home together, and you both could see where and how u cld be able to safe some money,
Also, might help if you give her more sense of belonging, let her know that she is in charge, cos i do so much blv that ladies are more prudent than we guys, they have more sense of money management than we guys does, so pls praise her, and if need be, see through her perspectives,
Good luck
Re: What Do I Do With Dis My Wife by Ibrotawa: 6:51am On Aug 18, 2007
Rhino. Thanx i understand u i will take to ur avice. U and omoge i respect u people .Thanx.
Re: What Do I Do With Dis My Wife by MP007(m): 6:56am On Aug 18, 2007
u dont have a wife,
Re: What Do I Do With Dis My Wife by ufobabe(f): 12:00pm On Aug 18, 2007
u can't be tired of ur wife except u are not legally married 2 her.
u ought 2 be a man in all ways 2 her and ur kids

30,000 is not too much in a month, even if it is just 4 the kitchen.
how much do u earn? pls increase it b4 it will cause trouble

u both can talk things over.
my brothe in Lagos spend nothing less than 15,000 in a week
so u can imagine that

pls ohhhhhhhhhh give her more b4 u start accussing her of adultary
be a man always
Re: What Do I Do With Dis My Wife by Ibrotawa: 2:58pm On Aug 18, 2007
Ufobabe: thanx 4 d Advice. But .Like how much increase do u think.,
Re: What Do I Do With Dis My Wife by omoge(f): 3:13pm On Aug 18, 2007
I don't think anyone can tell you how much to increase, it is hard because it's individual thing. let's say you are living abroad and your wife is in niaja right? if so, 500 dollars a months should be tried.
Re: What Do I Do With Dis My Wife by Ibrotawa: 7:36am On Aug 19, 2007
Omoge. U say 500usd.
Re: What Do I Do With Dis My Wife by omoge(f): 8:49pm On Aug 19, 2007
assuming you are living/based abroad (because you used dollars in your first post). so if you are living oversea, 500 for 3 or 4kids and a wife should be a good starter you know. if one person is spending between 300 to 400 dollars for food and basic necessities a month, then do the math my brother for 5  wink.
Re: What Do I Do With Dis My Wife by SwtNsoFLyy(f): 7:38am On Aug 20, 2007

Sit down with her and have a heart to hear talk about the family income. You must come up with a plan that will get you ahead, and not cause unecessary stress, if you are the bread winner and doing your best to make her happy with your current earnings. From this point forward, you must write down all of your bills, and set a budget for bills, clothing, entertainment, food and tiding, if you contribute to your church.

I dont have this problem, (and need to budget better) because I am the head of my own household, and spend as wisely as I can. As the man of your household, I suggest that you take proper place and bring peace into your home. Many people break up because of money or mis handling of finances, but if you want it to work, you will be able to communicate this to her, and hopefully she is understanding that you are ONLY doing your best. If she can't settle for that, and ifshe is not handicap, then it may be wise for her to bring more money into the household. Two incomes are WAY better than one, and provides so much more than you can alone,

God bless,

peace

Re: What Do I Do With Dis My Wife by Ibrotawa: 2:01pm On Aug 20, 2007
Thanx and a big thanx .
Re: What Do I Do With Dis My Wife by omoge(f): 2:59pm On Aug 20, 2007
if you are living abroad and sending 300 dollars home to your wife and kids for gas, phone, food, clothings etc don't you think (yourself) that it is small? even if she is working. 500 dollars is not too big for your family if you want them to live a better life.
Re: What Do I Do With Dis My Wife by Ibrotawa: 3:15pm On Aug 20, 2007
Omoge: that is why i ask u .Like how much do u think is good. Tell me.
Re: What Do I Do With Dis My Wife by osereka(m): 3:18pm On Aug 20, 2007
Women are like these looters we have in govement,
 THE MORE THEY PACK THE MORE THEY NEED
         the insatiable MODAFOKAS!
Re: What Do I Do With Dis My Wife by omoge(f): 3:25pm On Aug 20, 2007
me i don talk o try between 450-500 dollars and see how it works. maybe it is truly hard for her.
price of things in nig jump up and down. my mom tell me say thing hard o and food dear grin
Re: What Do I Do With Dis My Wife by ufobabe(f): 5:05pm On Aug 20, 2007
I CAN'T TELL U HOW MUCH 2 GIVE 2 UR WIFE.BUT KNOW THAT SOME WOMEN JUST WANT 2 WRECK THEIR HUSBAND'S.

SOME MAY ALSO BE BUILDING HOUSES FOR THEIR MOTHERS OR FOR THEIRSELVES WITHOUT THE NOTICE OF THE HUSBAND ALL IN THE NAME OF 'MY HUSBAND IS NOT GIVING ME ENOUGH MONEY'

CHECK HOW MUCH U RECEIVE IN A MONTH AND BOTH OF U SHOULD AGREE ON IT. WE CANNOT RUN UR HOME 4 U.
BUT I HOPE SHE IS NOT A HOUSE WIFE because , IF SHE DOES THEN U WILL DOUBLE THE AMOUNT.
because SHE DON'T HAVE ANY MEANS OF INCOME APART FROM U.

GOOD LUCK
Re: What Do I Do With Dis My Wife by Ibrotawa: 7:11pm On Aug 20, 2007
Thanx .That is why i am seeking ur advice on wht to do.
Re: What Do I Do With Dis My Wife by Alsutan: 3:02pm On Sep 30, 2007
N u
Re: What Do I Do With Dis My Wife by finekid(m): 9:51pm On Sep 30, 2007
Agree with your wife on how much will be sufficient for the monthly upkeep of the house and other incidental expenses. Give her the money every month, with a free hand to execute the expenditures. Then tell her how much you’ll be giving her every month, for herself. That will be her money, to spend as she pleases, which she doesn’t have to account for. You need to give her[b] her [/b]money, even if she is working or doing some business.
Re: What Do I Do With Dis My Wife by dearfriend: 11:06am On Oct 02, 2007
Her expenses in a month depends on your level, taste and other dependants. Your level may mean that there are things you guys cannot come lower than, so in that case she must meet it with the money, no alternatives. Also Your tase determines the quality of food and what she cooks with the money i.e, sweet food, na money kill am and lastly, if she has to host several visitors in the house before the month ends, there is no way the money can go round.

I used to think 30k was too much for a month until i realised that its difficult to manage because there are certain things i need to buy for the house up keep which are so intangible for the man to note but they cost money.

anyhow, find a way to help her.

1 Like

Re: What Do I Do With Dis My Wife by sexyLeamon(f): 1:07pm On Nov 12, 2008
And they are 4 in the house .What do i do. Abi i no try make una tell me oooo, I don tired. Waitin i go do

oh boy you look for your own trouble four women shocked shocked shocked
Re: What Do I Do With Dis My Wife by MrCrackles(m): 1:16pm On Nov 12, 2008
if she is complaining 30Knaira is not enough, you have two options-

-kick her out
OR
-increase the allowance (even if you have to steal, mug or kill for it!)
Re: What Do I Do With Dis My Wife by SisiJinx: 1:19pm On Nov 12, 2008
Or just allow her to you know. . . GET A JOB!!!!

Sheesh!

(1) (2) (Reply)

From Vivianchinaza's Family / What Was Your Greatest Offense That Resulted To A Serious Beating By Your Parent / Husband Used The Milk From Mammary Gland To Drink Garri- Nursing Mum Cries Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.