Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,177 members, 7,815,129 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:52 AM

Things I Can Do On Android 12, I'm Not Sure iOS can Do It. - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Things I Can Do On Android 12, I'm Not Sure iOS can Do It. (4379 Views)

TECNO Camon 17 Becomes First Mediatek SOC Smartphone To Receive Android 12 Beta / 9 Incredible Useful Things I Didn’t Know Chrome Could Do. / Top 5 Things I Hate About The New Iphone Xr, Xs And Xs Max (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Things I Can Do On Android 12, I'm Not Sure iOS can Do It. by Nobody: 5:19pm On Sep 03, 2022
1) I can respond to any message from any app right from the notification panel, without having to open the app itself. Can you do this on iOS?

2)I can enable focus mode, that allows me to "shut up" all the distracting apps on my phone, this prevents me from being able to open the app, and prevents the app from showing its notifications. Can you do this on iOS?

3)I can minimize an app on the screen. This mean I can be on another app while another app is minimised on the same screen, basically operating two apps at the same time. Can iOS do this?

4)I can enable dark mode and reading mode, which helps to protect my eyes from blue light at night and reduces the strain on my eyes at night, so I don't have any worries viewing my phone at night. Can iOS do this?

5)I can snooze any notification for a given time. As in if I don't want to see a particular notification from an app for some period of time, I can do it. Can iOS do this?

6)My android 12 phone can automatically scan a picture I send on WhatsApp and if a mobile number is in the picture shared, it will let me know if that number is on WhatsApp and if I want to message the number on whatsapp. Very amazing shocked Can iOS do this?

7)I can stream channels from cable TV(like DStv and co) right on my phone, using an app. Although it consumes a lot of data and needs a very steady internet connection to work smoothly. Can this be done on iOS?

coolI can activate SOS(Emergency) on my phone if I'm in trouble. I will just press the power button 5 times and a message and my live location will be sent to the phone number/s of trusted people that I have set.

9)I can do almost anything on my phone, all I need is the app created for such purpose. Can iOS allow installation of apps outside it's app store?

By the way I'm using a redmi note 11 on Android 12.

You can add more things you can do on your Android that you don't think it's possible on iOS.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Things I Can Do On Android 12, I'm Not Sure iOS can Do It. by Hakeem12(m): 5:27pm On Sep 03, 2022
OP, IOS can do all these as well. Thank you. You could argue the split screen feature because not even a lot of iPhone users know about it since apple is tight-lipped about it. But it’s buried deep in settings.

8 Likes

Re: Things I Can Do On Android 12, I'm Not Sure iOS can Do It. by Abfinest007(m): 5:50pm On Sep 03, 2022
Can u copy text from picture with ur Android phone.no so get lost

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Things I Can Do On Android 12, I'm Not Sure iOS can Do It. by Uchiha14: 5:56pm On Sep 03, 2022
Abfinest007:
Yes bro how else will it get the phone number

18 Likes

Re: Things I Can Do On Android 12, I'm Not Sure iOS can Do It. by KingAzubuike(f): 6:18pm On Sep 03, 2022
Hakeem12:
OP, IOS can do all these as well. Thank you. You could argue the split screen feature because not even a lot of iPhone users know about it since apple is tight-lipped about it. But it’s buried deep in settings.
Not buried. Its simply not there. IPhone is thrash. Even camera wise, an iphone flagship aint better than a flagship from oneplus, Google pixel , samsung, huawei and lots more

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Things I Can Do On Android 12, I'm Not Sure iOS can Do It. by Parachoko: 6:55pm On Sep 03, 2022
KingAzubuike:

Not buried. Its simply not there. IPhone is thrash. Even camera wise, an iphone flagship aint better than a flagship from oneplus, Google pixel , samsung, huawei and lots more
iPhone is not trash!

6 Likes

Re: Things I Can Do On Android 12, I'm Not Sure iOS can Do It. by jeromestarks: 7:30pm On Sep 03, 2022
Jackofall:
1) I can respond to any message from any app right from the notification panel, without having to open the app itself. Can you do this on iOS?

2)I can enable focus mode, that allows me to "shut up" all the distracting apps on my phone, this prevents me from being able to open the app, and prevents the app from showing its notifications. Can you do this on iOS?

3)I can minimize an app on the screen. This mean I can be on another app while another app is minimised on the same screen, basically operating two apps at the same time. Can iOS do this?

4)I can enable dark mode and reading mode, which helps to protect my eyes from blue light at night and reduces the strain on my eyes at night, so I don't have any worries viewing my phone at night. Can iOS do this?

5)I can snooze any notification for a given time. As in if I don't want to see a particular notification from an app for some period of time, I can do it. Can iOS do this?

6)My android 12 phone can automatically scan a picture I send on WhatsApp and if a mobile number is in the picture shared, it will let me know if that number is on WhatsApp and if I want to message the number on whatsapp. Very amazing shocked Can iOS do this?

7)I can stream channels from cable TV(like DStv and co) right on my phone, using an app. Although it consumes a lot of data and needs a very steady internet connection to work smoothly. Can this be done on iOS?

coolI can activate SOS(Emergency) on my phone if I'm in trouble. I will just press the power button 5 times and a message and my live location will be sent to the phone number/s of trusted people that I have set.

9)I can do almost anything on my phone, all I need is the app created for such purpose. Can iOS allow installation of apps outside it's app store?

You can add more things you can do on your Android that you don't think it's possible on iOS.
I thought this one have sense o. Simply install the needed app and any smart phone will do these.

4 Likes

Re: Things I Can Do On Android 12, I'm Not Sure iOS can Do It. by lecowas: 7:35pm On Sep 03, 2022
Even though iPhone can easily do most of the things the OP highlighted, but I personally cannot use only an iPhone, I've always had a good Samsung with any iPhone I've bought.

Android gives much more flexibility and ease of operating than IOS. The other day, just to transfer file from office database to my iPhone frustrated my life that I almost cried.

It could have done it with much more wahala but who get time for wahala. Android to the rescue abeg. No time

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Things I Can Do On Android 12, I'm Not Sure iOS can Do It. by zanshi: 8:15pm On Sep 03, 2022
The worst with Iphone is that if you use your Safari browser and got to a site like Tooxclusive and you try to dll a song from a popular artist, it would download but only be sandboxed to your safari browser, it would never appear on your /music folder. That is the main reason i hate that shit called Iphone.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Things I Can Do On Android 12, I'm Not Sure iOS can Do It. by Ay04z(m): 8:16pm On Sep 03, 2022
Okay i use both so everybody should rest next...
Re: Things I Can Do On Android 12, I'm Not Sure iOS can Do It. by seanwilliam(m): 8:39pm On Sep 03, 2022
apart from split screen , I can do all that on iPhone effortlessly

2 Likes

Re: Things I Can Do On Android 12, I'm Not Sure iOS can Do It. by ViVaMadrid: 8:40pm On Sep 03, 2022
zanshi:
The worst with Iphone is that if you use your Safari browser and got to a site like Tooxclusive and you try to dll a song from a popular artist, it would download but only be sandboxed to your safari browser, it would never appear on your /music folder. That is the main reason i hate that shit called Iphone.

Why would you own an iPhone and be downloading popular artists’ songs from Tooxclisive?

12 Likes

Re: Things I Can Do On Android 12, I'm Not Sure iOS can Do It. by Flytime: 8:44pm On Sep 03, 2022
Jackofall:

iOS can literally do everything on this list except split screen and I’m most sure about the scanning on WhatsApp thing but you can literally copy texts from images even on nairaland and it can diffferentiate numbers from alphabets,with iOS 16 you can even copy texts from videos

Focus mode?,there’s literally a dedicated function named that on iOS
Who says you can’t stream on iOS
SOS emergency existed since the time of Symbian phones

I can’t even keep on going,I can clearly see you have no idea about what you’re taking about

3 Likes

Re: Things I Can Do On Android 12, I'm Not Sure iOS can Do It. by Damisic: 9:01pm On Sep 03, 2022
Op the new ios update allow to show the percentage of battery can your android do that grin grin

10 Likes

Re: Things I Can Do On Android 12, I'm Not Sure iOS can Do It. by Daniel058(m): 9:03pm On Sep 03, 2022
Phone war chai grin

Just buy the one you can afford

No go buy phone wen pass ur level because ur friend dey use expensive phone . Who you wan impress?

1 Like

Re: Things I Can Do On Android 12, I'm Not Sure iOS can Do It. by etrange: 9:17pm On Sep 03, 2022
The way y'all argue emotionally about OS and phones still amazes me. Why can't y'all just accept that people's preferences differ? Nawa o

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Things I Can Do On Android 12, I'm Not Sure iOS can Do It. by Uchiha14: 9:23pm On Sep 03, 2022
Damisic:
Op the new ios update allow to show the percentage of battery can your android do that grin grin
are you being sarcastic

4 Likes

Re: Things I Can Do On Android 12, I'm Not Sure iOS can Do It. by Weirdcamila: 9:27pm On Sep 03, 2022
iPhone can do some of the features up there , before you die , try to use an iPhone else you won’t completely Rest In Peace .

1 Like

Re: Things I Can Do On Android 12, I'm Not Sure iOS can Do It. by JerySmalls(m): 9:42pm On Sep 03, 2022
I gave out my iPhone 11pro to my girl and bought a Samsung S10+, best decision till date, not going back to iOS ever again!

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Things I Can Do On Android 12, I'm Not Sure iOS can Do It. by zanshi: 10:44pm On Sep 03, 2022
ViVaMadrid:

Why would you own an iPhone and be downloading popular artists’ songs from Tooxclisive?

And why can't i do that on the phone i bought with my own money.

I never even talk about una ugly notch

14 Likes

Re: Things I Can Do On Android 12, I'm Not Sure iOS can Do It. by faceland: 10:53pm On Sep 03, 2022
Jackofall:

That is one of the reasons why I love iTel. My phone is always in "do not disturb". Not notification directing my life. Love this feature.
Re: Things I Can Do On Android 12, I'm Not Sure iOS can Do It. by KingAzubuike(f): 10:53pm On Sep 03, 2022
zanshi:
Why should someone even use a phone you can't use to download confirm jamz from tooxclusive or mp3juices. grin

8 Likes

Re: Things I Can Do On Android 12, I'm Not Sure iOS can Do It. by faceland: 10:56pm On Sep 03, 2022
Abfinest007:

Of cause with an app (I photograph textbook pages and it converts it to raw plain text)... I can highlight a text and my phone would read it a loud. I can also dictate text to my phone.
Re: Things I Can Do On Android 12, I'm Not Sure iOS can Do It. by Flora2Sweet: 10:56pm On Sep 03, 2022
Broke Ass, why download the song when you can Listen and play it anytime on spotify or AudioMax, u can even download it sef...

I've always loved android phone, never saw a need for an iPhone until, i knew it was something I needed to own for necessity sake...

Android fade's out in month's, it takes years for an iphone to fade out not to talk about the resale value..

Android i got for 110k in January can be sold for 70k with Abeg Oo u cant say the same for an iphone...

Take for instance iphone 6s still sales for 70k

zanshi:

1 Like

Re: Things I Can Do On Android 12, I'm Not Sure iOS can Do It. by SergeantTitus(m): 11:01pm On Sep 03, 2022
I just got the galaxy a13 and I'm loving every bit of it. So many hidden features I had to use YouTube sef .

5 Likes

Re: Things I Can Do On Android 12, I'm Not Sure iOS can Do It. by smithj01: 11:10pm On Sep 03, 2022
faceland:

Of cause with an app (I photograph textbook pages and it converts it to raw plain text)... I can highlight a text and my phone would read it a loud. I can also dictate text to my phone.
the app name please
Re: Things I Can Do On Android 12, I'm Not Sure iOS can Do It. by faceland: 11:15pm On Sep 03, 2022
smithj01:
the app name please

Text Fairy
Re: Things I Can Do On Android 12, I'm Not Sure iOS can Do It. by Damisic: 12:49am On Sep 04, 2022
Uchiha14:
are you being sarcastic
yeah cheesy cheesy
Re: Things I Can Do On Android 12, I'm Not Sure iOS can Do It. by Euphoria212(m): 1:00am On Sep 04, 2022
MIUI is the best I know. Best among androids too that's why you are so fascinated with your redmi note 11. Always keep your phone updated to enjoy it even more.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Telecom Tariffs May Drop By 50 Per Cent / Ten Most Expensive Smartphones You'll Probably Never Buy / 5 Things You Should Know Before Buying Etisalat Blackberry Plan.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.