Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,699 members, 7,840,722 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 01:14 PM

I Thought Honesty And Hardwork Pays? - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / I Thought Honesty And Hardwork Pays? (29711 Views)

Your Thought On Companies Asking For A Collateral/binding Agreement B4 Employmnt / Earn 6k Montly Online, It Is Legit, No Scam, No Registration Fees Just Hardwork. / I Was Scammed For An Fg Job That I Thought I Was Paying For. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Thought Honesty And Hardwork Pays? by coputa(m): 12:34pm On Sep 05, 2022
Chimera30:
Yesterday i quit my job.
I heard stories about how former employees before me, stole from the company. Even the last person i met there stole hundreds of thousands and was sacked 3 weeks after i joined.
I was hardworking , honest, punctual, polite and hands on the best worker.

I was made employee of the month , a month after i joined and guess how much i was given as reward? #250!
Lol
After i requested permission to travel to the East for a close Aunt's burial for a week and 2 days, i was permitted yet Half of my salary for last month was still deducted and that's why i quit.
After the way i served and upheld this company and even worked overtime most times and always get home very late at night.
It is well.. i know God and life has better
plans for me. ASUU strike or not.
Honesty in your workplace is all about carrying out your primary duties assign to your and your pay at the end of the month means you are being appreciated and rewarded.no extras
Re: I Thought Honesty And Hardwork Pays? by iamrealdeji(m): 12:35pm On Sep 05, 2022
God1000:
Not in Nigeria sister, but continue to be good.
Many youths have ruined their mindset and that's why they're so lazy and become poorer
Re: I Thought Honesty And Hardwork Pays? by Brunosamel(m): 12:36pm On Sep 05, 2022
Chimera30:
Yesterday i quit my job.
I heard stories about how former employees before me, stole from the company. Even the last person i met there stole hundreds of thousands and was sacked 3 weeks after i joined.

I was made employee of the month , a month after i joined and guess how much i was given as reward? #250!
Lol
After i requested permission to travel to the East for a close Aunt's burial for a week and 2 days, i was permitted yet Half of my salary for last month was still deducted and that's why i quit.
After the way i served and upheld this company and even worked overtime most times and always get home very late at night.
Hard work pays you're simply in the wrong company
Re: I Thought Honesty And Hardwork Pays? by ChybuzzDD(m): 12:36pm On Sep 05, 2022
floss:
Honesty and hard work are the reasons why some parents are poor.

You can never be honest and hard-working and be superbly rich in this present Nigeria.

Ask our rich pastors and politicians how they made so much money?
Honesty left Nigeria a long time ago

It's surprising to see the kind of criminal mentalities you fools boldly spread here

This explains why many Nigerian youths are rotting in foreign prisons, as well as why many countries no longer want Nigerians within their borders.
''Superbly rich'' kiii you there!
Must you be ''superbly rich''
If you must be, then work for it; don't go about looking for where to steal. Elon Musk, Bill Gates, etc, didn't steal from anyone

5 Likes

Re: I Thought Honesty And Hardwork Pays? by Firstson33(m): 12:37pm On Sep 05, 2022
Amb1045:
you're just like me, I'm a straight forward person, I hate taking things that don't belong to me. My conscience we always judge me when I do. I started studying animal behaviours and compare it to humans. Then I found out the truth. Check lion kids they can't hurt other animals until nature catch up with them they have to eat or feed. They have to do what they have to do to survive. Until you get to that stage where you have to survive. You will understand what life is all about. Keep moving you get there. I remembered before if I have something and someone who needs it ask me of that thing I will gladly give it out. But not now again, I will compare what I have gain from you before I support you with my own things. Eyes dee back now. Most politician has sold their soul like a tiger in the forest that hunt for fun, they steal for fun. Try to awake yourself early. This is a war you have to fight within yourself. Reason why you see most top people support tinubu, they just want to survive. They feel they're closer to success through him than other politician
the kind hunger that’s would come after been honest and truthful , you would be false to believe the wrong way is now the right way now most especially in nigeria.
Re: I Thought Honesty And Hardwork Pays? by iamrealdeji(m): 12:39pm On Sep 05, 2022
fredoooooo:
It does .. just that Nigerians and the Nigeria system see it the other way .. they're hypocrites!!!
And Nigerians become poorer with that mindset. They expect that day their maga would pay them thousands of dollars while some people keep hustling and make money bit by biy till it becomes big money

1 Like

Re: I Thought Honesty And Hardwork Pays? by mmsen: 12:39pm On Sep 05, 2022
God1000:
Not in Nigeria sister, but continue to be good.

Not anywhere. You people need to stop peddling lies aboutwlife outside of Nigeria, especially those of you who don't even have a passport.
Re: I Thought Honesty And Hardwork Pays? by Ofiawelego: 12:40pm On Sep 05, 2022
Keep going, God will surely reward you bro. Don't give up.
Re: I Thought Honesty And Hardwork Pays? by flamingfire24(m): 12:41pm On Sep 05, 2022
It still pays.integrity is life.

1 Like

Re: I Thought Honesty And Hardwork Pays? by preselect(m): 12:47pm On Sep 05, 2022
Chimera30:
Yesterday i quit my job.

Lol

Hardwork and honesty pays. . . . . . . . . . in countries that make sense, just not in Nigeria
Re: I Thought Honesty And Hardwork Pays? by Nobody: 12:49pm On Sep 05, 2022
How long did you work in the company?

You seem to be expecting rewards for being a good employee, but that is what is expected of you. It is part of the requirements of your job to be a good and honest employee.

The company owes you no special treatment, just because you are doing your job well. They do not have to pay you for the days you were off attending a burial even if you are a good employee.

So quitting your job may not have been your wisest decision unless you have a better job offer.

If you stopped feeling entitled and continued being honest and hardworking, eventually you company may start to see your value and you may rise within the company, but you have to be patient and also ensure that your bosses who matter are witnessing your honesty and good work.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Thought Honesty And Hardwork Pays? by iamrealdeji(m): 12:51pm On Sep 05, 2022
floss:
Honesty and hard work are the reasons why some parents are poor.

You can never be honest and hard-working and be superbly rich in this present Nigeria.

Ask our rich pastors and politicians how they made so much money?
Honesty left Nigeria a long time ago
Nigerian youth mentality. Keep thinking you can't make it big in a honest way,keep expecting the day your maga would send you millions while your mates are making daily profits from businesses and buying properties,expanding their businesses. Speak for yourself. Chimera30 don't listen to this person pls. It may take quiet long before you make it in a honest way but many Nigerians are making it big in honest way and have rest of mind. They enjoy their money peacefully the person that commented wants you to end IP like Abba Kyari. He wants you to ruin your family's name. He is obviously a lazy criminal minded person with low self esteem that believes he can never make it in a honest way. If you lead a criminal life or steal money,you may end up in kirikiri maximum prison. If you are ready to make money in a dirty way,its way more difficult because you must assassinate,join occult,kidnap and be extremely wicked,bribe and warm the beds of powerful people if you're a woman,you must be prepared to do everything that God and humanity hates,you must be prepared to use your mother,kids,family members if you're instructed to do so by your occult just to be powerful and evade law against you. Stealing isn't as easy as you think,you may not get away with it,many powerful Billionaires that this person said made their money in a dirty way actually pay their price. Some sleep with their daughters and mother,some sleep with same sex,some use humans for rituals,some eat human flesh,some sacrifice thousands of people by inducing accident spiritually with their trucks or vehicles,those so called pastors he said defraud people don't find it that easy as some bury human heads under their pulpit,some sleep with many actresses(women with big enough fortune/star to become famous actresses),those actors actually snatch those big fortunes by adding it to theirs to be more fortunate. If it was that easy to extort church members,they wouldn't do all these. Deep down,most of these people are not happy but there cant be any opportunity to turn back,so they forge ahead. Did you hear the story of Adedoyin of Ife? Abba Kyari,Evans and the likes. I'm sure they're smarter than the guy that's trying to mislead you but they got caught and are regretting today. God is not stupid,most Nigerian youths remain poor because they're lazy and are looking for that opportunity to make it in a dirty way,they believe God is not powerful and so weak that he can't bless anyone that is hardworking and trying to make money in a honest way. So,going the dishonest way comes with very colossal prices to be paid because you have to forge ahead dirtier and more ruthless so as not to go broke or get caught. With persistence and determination,you will make it big in a honest way without even leaving this country. Don't let anyone mislead you

1 Like

Re: I Thought Honesty And Hardwork Pays? by KINGTELLER: 12:54pm On Sep 05, 2022
arzizhy:

You still dont deserve a full month pay since it's not your annual leave. Businesses are not run on sentiments and emotion. You won't try it with a white person. Remember they pay by the hour.
And please stop making anything special out of how you worked for the company. No one ask you to run it like it's your own. It is expected of you to be diligent and hardworking. I'm sure it's one of the reasons they gave you the job in the first place

The only reasonable post I've read so far. She took a week leave and expected to be paid, who does that? It's either she has paid leave or unpaid leave and I believe the company granted her unpaid leave of absence for that 1 week
Re: I Thought Honesty And Hardwork Pays? by fredoooooo: 12:54pm On Sep 05, 2022
iamrealdeji:
And Nigerians become poorer with that mindset. They expect that day their maga would pay them thousands of dollars while some people keep hustling and make money bit by biy till it becomes big money
A country that majority lives not on reality but prayer and spirituality... wha do you ecxpect

1 Like

Re: I Thought Honesty And Hardwork Pays? by achimendy(m): 12:54pm On Sep 05, 2022
Chimera30:
Yesterday i quit my job.

Lol

No body lied to you dear, honesty is a virtue and is not everybody that has it, so be happy for your virtue. But Very soon you'll get to understand when you start reaping the fruit of all your good deeds in the past.

God is always watching, so keep it up.
Re: I Thought Honesty And Hardwork Pays? by Eagba(m): 12:57pm On Sep 05, 2022
Chimera30:

Honestly, i have had lots of opportunities to steal n not be caught.
But i dont and sometimes i ask myself why even when i really need to.. i still don't.
Self control? I really dunno.
because you know that it will not make you rich. can't you see how all our leaders that stole money are being looked down upon in the western world, they can't never be regarded in the same breath with Lee Kwan yew of Singapore or chairman ma of China, Einstein of science Jackson of pop
Re: I Thought Honesty And Hardwork Pays? by Nobody: 12:58pm On Sep 05, 2022
Amb1045:
you're just like me, I'm a straight forward person, I hate taking things that don't belong to me. My conscience we always judge me when I do. I started studying animal behaviours and compare it to humans. Then I found out the truth. Check lion kids they can't hurt other animals until nature catch up with them they have to eat or feed. They have to do what they have to do to survive. Until you get to that stage where you have to survive. You will understand what life is all about. Keep moving you get there. I remembered before if I have something and someone who needs it ask me of that thing I will gladly give it out. But not now again, I will compare what I have gain from you before I support you with my own things. Eyes dee back now. Most politician has sold their soul like a tiger in the forest that hunt for fun, they steal for fun. Try to awake yourself early. This is a war you have to fight within yourself. Reason why you see most top people support tinubu, they just want to survive. They feel they're closer to success through him than other politician

Lol I gladly Welcome you to the Real World. You are officially now a Realist. Although you still need some things to learn when It comes to Survival Game Hmmm. Adios..
Re: I Thought Honesty And Hardwork Pays? by Sensiblerealist: 12:58pm On Sep 05, 2022
Keep your good good deeds and improve on the ones you need to.
If it's not a structures leave period, taking permission to be away from work for 9 days is too much abeg.
Make we dey learn to do things properly.
They also should have informed you of their course of action if you were going to be away for that long.
All in law, continue the grind and hustle. All will be well

Chimera30:

But i dont and sometimes i ask myself why even when i really need to.. i still don't.

1 Like

Re: I Thought Honesty And Hardwork Pays? by Kelvin2022(m): 1:01pm On Sep 05, 2022
Best comment
Stallionhorse:
If you have an opportunity to steal and not be caught please do it. Fuccck honest and all the crab you just wrote.. Mention one good person thats a billionaire In this country? Even the so called pastors take from the poor to fuel their extravagant life..
Re: I Thought Honesty And Hardwork Pays? by Martartins(m): 1:02pm On Sep 05, 2022
I have only worked under a Nigerian once. I can tell you the experience is something else. I don't wish to do that in my life again!

You go them dey deduct money wey never reach the poor guy or girl trying to make ends meet.
Re: I Thought Honesty And Hardwork Pays? by debbaron2011: 1:03pm On Sep 05, 2022
Do you why honesty pays. It gives you rest of mind. The choice is yours

2 Likes

Re: I Thought Honesty And Hardwork Pays? by Jayrow08: 1:06pm On Sep 05, 2022
Chimera30:
Yesterday i quit my job.

Lol
People can be so wicked! After you took permission they still went ahead and deducted Ur salary, to bad. But still u should'nt have quit Ur job I guess they will be happy now Ur r no longer working with them in so many ways.
As dem deduct Ur money dem know say u go vex and u no go wan work again na d trap wey dem use but u no know. U for vex continue with d work na them go fear say which kind person be dis...

1 Like

Re: I Thought Honesty And Hardwork Pays? by Connected1: 1:09pm On Sep 05, 2022
Chimera30:
Yesterday i quit my job.

Lol
Honesty and Hardwork pays you at Old Age or Probably your Children.

Whatever good deed you do today, do it in favour of your unborn children.

The evil thrives and lives successfully at their youth, but good and meek gains joy at last.

Most of us do good because we respect God and Mother Nature not because we are afraid of doing evil or not good in the craft.

Well, what they did was right if I must be logical and not emotional, what example would you prove to other staffs if you can leave work for 7 days and go unpunished, the management would suffer.

It's same thing everywhere, every wise leader would do same thing even if you were Jesus.

1 Like

Re: I Thought Honesty And Hardwork Pays? by Ojady(m): 1:09pm On Sep 05, 2022
Chimera30:
Yesterday i quit my job.

Lol

It is regretted that the organization you worked for did not have an impressive mode of making long serving employees feel valued. However, going by what transpired and from experience, it is not impossible that your diligence and moral uprightness was making them feel bad such that the whole episode of deducting pay (even after notice of a leave of absence was sought) was aimed at forcing you to leave voluntarily. In this world, sadly, when you're upholding traditionally moral virtues (hard work, honesty, punctuality, contentment, modesty, humility) you will be hated, avoided, by majority, even your own family. Not necessarily for how what you're doing is affecting them but simply because YOU'RE DIFFERENT.
Secondly, honesty and hard work pays, no matter where in the world one is. It reward is not, AT FIRST in monetary or material terms. Its payment is not AT FIRST from external people. It's reward is to you internally. When you're honest and that voice in your head says "you're stupid, can't you do what others did" that tells you, you're being chiseled to affirm/consolidate your values of honesty and honesty. You're being nudged to go beyond outward recognition of your value. If your values are so that others may see and reward you, when they do not or deliberately ignore you, you would end up frustrated.

Quitting was a choice, at least, you can hold your head high and say unlike my predecessors, I STOLE NOTHING, I DID WHAT I WAS EMPLOYED TO DO. - these you can take to your next engagement, speak of confidently and even recommend they contact your previous employer for proof.
One day, you will (if you do not compromise today) have the opportunity to tell others how honesty and hard work paid/made you the man you are. How your perspective about it was initially incorrect and led to frustration. How you hung in there and eventually it did not only build you as a man, it's rewards came externally after its roots were firmly established internally.
All the best for your future endeavours.
Re: I Thought Honesty And Hardwork Pays? by BATified2023: 1:11pm On Sep 05, 2022
Chimera30:

did I request for a paid leave?

U have to understand in administrative line there’s a sharp difference between a paid leave n an unpaid leave

Did u specify in your letter of absence/leave when u submitted?
Re: I Thought Honesty And Hardwork Pays? by Freelane33(m): 1:14pm On Sep 05, 2022
Chimera30:
Yesterday i quit my job.

Lol
Pele . Can you handle a pos shop ?
Are you in Lagos ( island ) .
If yes let me know

1 Like

Re: I Thought Honesty And Hardwork Pays? by 2Radii: 1:16pm On Sep 05, 2022
Tickles001:
You were lied to.
Honesty, hardwork and loyalty pays only when you sell them. Not when you give them.

Are you a chimera?
Hmmmm

Boss pls explain this conc words... Pls
Re: I Thought Honesty And Hardwork Pays? by Honestfrend: 1:17pm On Sep 05, 2022
Please am I seeing #250k or #250?

If na #250.. I wonder how much ur salary is?
Chimera30:
Yesterday i quit my job.

Lol

1 Like

Re: I Thought Honesty And Hardwork Pays? by jericco1(m): 1:19pm On Sep 05, 2022
It pays, you were only in the wrong company.
Re: I Thought Honesty And Hardwork Pays? by Christistruth00: 1:21pm On Sep 05, 2022
Chimera30:
Yesterday i quit my job.

Lol

Have you ever noticed that it is Honest Hard Working Parents that give birth to Honest Hard Working Children

Not everything is about money

1 Like

Re: I Thought Honesty And Hardwork Pays? by Bigfish121(m): 1:23pm On Sep 05, 2022
Thus is exactly what happened to me.people around me want to be entitled to my money.i have decided not to have friends anymore and relocate from where I was.

Spherica177:
I'm very sure you are one of those miscreants condemning Tinubu and projecting Obi as saint to succeed Buhari even though we all know they are all corrupt and after their selfish interest. Why then do you condemn Buhari, Tinubu, Atiku and other politicians since they are all doing what you love without being caught?

I have people who don't know me from Adam on this same platform and they entrust their hard earned money in my possession running in millions without me defaulting or carting away with their money. My very few circle doesn't joke with me. Why? Because i have what MANY Nigerians lack which is HONESTY

Sense of entitlement is another problem amongst Nigerians. Once they have rich friends, family members,acquaintances et al they automatically believe those rich folks owe them. Gosh!! Even the female gender has this bad attitude imbibed in them. They're so entitled and believe a man owe them heaven and earth

I know HONESTY is a scarce resource amongst Nigerians. I never knew it's something Nigerians are proud to portray in the public

If you must know, I'm an average Nigerian just as you are who's seeking for job opportunity (within and outside the shore of Nigeria) my account does not run in six digits, I'm from a humble background.

Despite my predicament and shortcomings, I will never resort to scaming people their hard earned money. Always put yourself in people's shoe before taking a step

There's no justification for crime, that is my mantra
Re: I Thought Honesty And Hardwork Pays? by MartinsD12(m): 1:26pm On Sep 05, 2022
Chimera30:
Yesterday i quit my job.

Lol
LoL grin not in Nigeria, most the companies here will use and dump you , I had same experience while working in a hotel last year I gave them my all , imagine when I got sick they couldn't give me at least one week to treat myself, they kept telling me you know you know the work and we employed new workers if you go now who will teach them the work I said ok I made sure I mentored this new workers for like two to three days , they were still telling me to be patient with them that they will do something about it when they saw I couldn't do any work they said I should go home for that day oo and come back tomorrow na so guy man take one week off , this is a hotel a new one I gave all my best , worked with all honestly never took anyone's money and when groomed new workers free of charge, the way they treated my sickness shock me , after that one week I came they thought I came to work by saying and free to start work but they will not pay me for the day's I didn't come work, I had to resigned immediately the manager was shocked she asked me if am serious I said yes , she now said I should go and bring my resignation letter which I did not until month end I went and collect my half month salary, manager was still thinking I came back until I return properties and uniforms. From that point I decided to have a business of my own , which is what I did I ventured into other side hustles.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

The Nigerian Navy Recruitment Result (NNBTS BATCH 21) / 2015 Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Degree Student Scholarships & IMRD / The Dilemma Of A Family man with mouth to Feed And Unpaid Bills

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.