Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,786 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:21 AM

What Is Your Opinion On Paying Tithe. - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is Your Opinion On Paying Tithe. (2386 Views)

The Olodo Guide To Paying Tithe / Your Motive For Paying Tithe / Paying Tithe To Widows And Orphans (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is Your Opinion On Paying Tithe. by tpia5: 6:26pm On Aug 16, 2011
as long as money is passing through your hands that was given or belongs to you, somebody or something will collect a tithe on it.
Re: What Is Your Opinion On Paying Tithe. by dare2think: 6:36pm On Aug 16, 2011
"Life is the art of being well deceived; and in order that the deception may succeed it must be habitual and uninterrupted"

William Hazlitt
Re: What Is Your Opinion On Paying Tithe. by tpia5: 2:53am On Aug 17, 2011
of course if you see unbiblical doctrines or ungodly practices in your church, use your common sense which God gave you.

eg https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-737438.0.html
Re: What Is Your Opinion On Paying Tithe. by Azibalua(f): 1:09pm On Aug 17, 2011
dare2think:

"Life is the art of being well deceived; and in order that the deception may succeed it must be habitual and uninterrupted"

William Hazlitt

Since when did this compare with gods word
Re: What Is Your Opinion On Paying Tithe. by tpia5: 2:11pm On Aug 17, 2011
They only pull out "deceive" on certain occasions.

The army of scammers, drug pushers and armed robbers, are they not deceiving people or why do we hear nothing about that.
Re: What Is Your Opinion On Paying Tithe. by dare2think: 4:56pm On Aug 17, 2011
tpia@:

They only pull out "deceive" on certain occasions.

The army of scammers, drug pushers and armed robbers, are they not deceiving people or why do we hear nothing about that.

Pls refer to the Crime section. There are lots of stories regarding the people you mentioned there.
Re: What Is Your Opinion On Paying Tithe. by tpia5: 4:57pm On Aug 17, 2011
^^did you post there?

or is here your priority.
Re: What Is Your Opinion On Paying Tithe. by dare2think: 4:57pm On Aug 17, 2011
Azibalua:

Since when did this compare with gods word

What are God's words on the subject matter?
Re: What Is Your Opinion On Paying Tithe. by dare2think: 4:58pm On Aug 17, 2011
@tpia

What are you on about?
Re: What Is Your Opinion On Paying Tithe. by dare2think: 5:11pm On Aug 17, 2011
@ Tpia

I get it. Are you refering to my quote and it's relevance to this section?

If yes,  then I think it's my prerogative to post wherever I feel it's adequate to post regarding the issue being discussed.

I feel I have a right to my opinion as you do also. If I feel people are being "deceived" to pay tithes then the Onus is on people who feel otherwise to prove me wrong.

Tithing has been specified and directed in Deut 14: 22- 29. Anything otherwise and not specifically stated in that same book is farcical to me.

However, I feel it is up to each individual to decide whichever suits them. What I am against is that "dubious" Men are using it as a tool to enrich themselves through constant manipulation of that same book. Hence the reason I quoted that statement with regards to deciet.

Thanks.
Re: What Is Your Opinion On Paying Tithe. by kurus: 12:18am On Aug 18, 2011
Re: What Is Your Opinion On Paying Tithe. by nsodo: 12:24pm On Aug 19, 2011
The bible is clear when it comes to paying tithe and if you do that then you're a free person only if you do it in aright way that is you pay what actually you have to pay. What happens to Gods tithe after paying is noon of you're concern if the posters misuse it the curse is theirs to carry.
Re: What Is Your Opinion On Paying Tithe. by PastorKun(m): 2:55pm On Aug 19, 2011
@nsodo
If the bible is clear on paying tithe how come a false version of tithes is being preached and practised today? You may wish to read deut 14:22-29 to verify how God instructed the Israelites to tithe. That aside tithing as passed away with the old covenant, christians are not bound by these obsolete tithing ordinances. Only ignorant or fraudulent preachers preach mandatory tithing to believers today.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Apologies / When Christian Crusaders Came To Africa... / Pastor Touch Buttocks Of Female Member While Casting Out Demons

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.