Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,115 members, 7,818,327 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:45 PM

Lady Visits Jahovah's Witness Hall, To Ask Why They Stopped Going Door To Door - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Lady Visits Jahovah's Witness Hall, To Ask Why They Stopped Going Door To Door (36914 Views)

New Changes For Jehovah's Witness: Women Can Wear Trousers, Men Must Not Wear.. / Man Writes Church To Ask For Refund Of Offerings He Gave From 1998 To 2017 (Pix) / Why I stopped going to Church. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lady Visits Jahovah's Witness Hall, To Ask Why They Stopped Going Door To Door by tctrills: 11:28pm On Sep 07, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Because we must SEPARATE Jesus' work from our individual business.
Caesar gave a reasonable order after six months of lockdown
"you can start your business"
but regarding what we claim we're doing voluntarily for God Caesar said
"let that wait since God will understand for now"
So what exactly is it that you don't understand in this simple case? cheesy
Actually, there was nothing reasonable about the six months lockdown.
There is no data to show that the lockdowns slowed the spread especially in Africa. But there is enough data to show that the lockdowns increased pain, hunger and suffering. Anyway that's not a religious debate.
Caesar is not stopping anyone from preaching. There is no law in Nigeria against going from door to door.
Again, I know there are countries that Christian preaching is outrightly ban. Do you go the extra mile for Caesar in those countries?
Re: Lady Visits Jahovah's Witness Hall, To Ask Why They Stopped Going Door To Door by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:23am On Sep 08, 2022
Double response to one single post!
Just calm down to think before responding to a JW because our God has taught us to be wise so we will silence you with wisdom! Isaiah 54:17 smiley

tctrills:

Are you saying that in Jesus Christ work we go the extra mile for Caesar but in our own business we don't? If that is your point please point to one scripture that teaches such doctrine. Or is it just your church doctrine?

I quoted Jesus' own words yet you're asking for scriptures abeg the one i quoted is whose word? cheesy

tctrills:

Actually, there was nothing reasonable about the six months lockdown.
There is no data to show that the lockdowns slowed the spread especially in Africa. But there is enough data to show that the lockdowns increased pain, hunger and suffering. Anyway that's not a religious debate.
Caesar is not stopping anyone from preaching. There is no law in Nigeria against going from door to door.
Again, I know there are countries that Christian preaching is outrightly ban. Do you go the extra mile for Caesar in those countries?

When Caesar demands that we stop preaching but allowing other religions then it means it's an outright attack on God's sovereignty in that case we must find ways to preach and teach without calling Caesar's attention. That's what we do in most countries where others are allowed but our preaching is banned! Act 4:18-20; 5:27-29

During COVID-19 Caesar gave a reasonable order to all religionists so we use other means and for your information between 2020-2021 over 117, 000 interested ones were baptized globally showing that we are still working despite Caesar's lockdown!

The only difference is that people aren't seeing our faces in their homes but through phonecalls and the internet we keep on preaching zealously and and industriously teaching globally! 2Timothy 4:1-2 smiley

1 Like

Re: Lady Visits Jahovah's Witness Hall, To Ask Why They Stopped Going Door To Door by tctrills: 7:13am On Sep 08, 2022
MaxInDHouse:
Double response to one single post!
Just calm down to think before responding to a JW because our God has taught us to be wise so we will silence you with wisdom! Isaiah 54:17 smiley

I quoted Jesus' own words yet you're asking for scriptures abeg the one i quoted is whose word? cheesy

When Caesar demands that we stop preaching but allowing other religions then it means it's an outright attack on God's sovereignty in that case we must find ways to preach and teach without calling Caesar's attention. That's what we do in most countries where others are allowed but our preaching is banned! Act 4:18-20; 5:27-29

During COVID-19 Caesar gave a reasonable order to all religionists so we use other means and for your information between 2020-2021 over 117, 000 interested ones were baptized globally showing that we are still working despite Caesar's lockdown!

The only difference is that people aren't seeing our faces in their homes but through phonecalls and the internet we keep on preaching zealously and and industriously teaching globally! 2Timothy 4:1-2 smiley
Oga let's cut this short, just show the scriptures where Jesus taught that you the extra mile is selective.
Again the verses you are quoting are not even attempting the question I asked. My question is, why are you selective in going the extra mile . The verses below do not even mention extra mile. 2 2Tim. 4. [1] I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom; [2] Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.
Re: Lady Visits Jahovah's Witness Hall, To Ask Why They Stopped Going Door To Door by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:13am On Sep 08, 2022
tctrills:

Oga let's cut this short, just show the scriptures where Jesus taught that you the extra mile is selective.
Again the verses you are quoting are not even attempting the question I asked. My question is, why are you selective in going the extra mile . The verses below do not even mention extra mile. 2 2Tim. 4. [1] I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom; [2] Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.

Do you TRUST (BELIEVE) Jesus at all?
Ọmọ you've gotten it! Matthew 5:41 wink

1 Like

Re: Lady Visits Jahovah's Witness Hall, To Ask Why They Stopped Going Door To Door by tctrills: 8:21am On Sep 08, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Do you TRUST (BELIEVE) Jesus at all?
Ọmọ you've gotten it! Matthew 5:41 wink

Matthew 5:41 And whosoever shall compel thee to go a mile, go with him twain.

42 Give to him that asketh thee, and from him that would borrow of thee turn not thou away.

Now my question remains unanswered.
Why have you be selective with this commandment.
You are going the extra mile in.
1. Mask wearing
2. Not preaching from door to door.
But you do not go the extra mile in
1. Remaining on lockdown and closing your businesses.
2. Having church service.
Do you understand my question now
Re: Lady Visits Jahovah's Witness Hall, To Ask Why They Stopped Going Door To Door by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:33am On Sep 08, 2022
tctrills:

42 Give to him that asketh thee, and from him that would borrow of thee turn not thou away.
1. Mask wearing

You're just being heady, we went extra mile for what Jesus commissioned because that's what matters to him and how we handle it of utmost importance.

For your information we resume out church service few months ago after pleasing Caesar with the extra mile and now we're starting the imperson preaching, it's you who doesn't know what is happening, we gave Caesar the extra mile in what Jesus handed over to us as assignment. But as for businesses even Caesar himself will be affected that's why he ordered a stop to the lockdown on that when he didn't do the same with service to our God which has no direct effect on his governance! wink

1 Like

Re: Lady Visits Jahovah's Witness Hall, To Ask Why They Stopped Going Door To Door by tctrills: 8:51am On Sep 08, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

You're just being heady, we went extra mile for what Jesus commissioned because that's what matters to him and how we handle it of utmost importance.

For your information we resume out church service few months ago after pleasing Caesar with the extra mile and now we're starting the imperson preaching, it's you who doesn't know what is happening, we gave Caesar the extra mile in what Jesus handed over to us as assignment. But as for businesses even Caesar himself will be affected that's why he ordered a stop to the lockdown on that when he didn't do the same with service to our God which has no direct effect on his governance! wink
So you saying that your selective extra mile was not to affect Caesar. This is the best answer you have offered so far.
So let's conclude. JW would only be selective with going the extra mile if that would affect Caesar.
Again, thanks for the education about church services. Now I know that you guys went the extra mile on that too. But with mask and door to door preaching you choose to go the extra 4 miles
At least now we understand ourselves better.
Re: Lady Visits Jahovah's Witness Hall, To Ask Why They Stopped Going Door To Door by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:19am On Sep 08, 2022
tctrills:

So you saying that your selective extra mile was not to affect Caesar. This is the best answer you have offered so far.
So let's conclude. JW would only be selective with going the extra mile if that would affect Caesar.
Again, thanks for the education about church services. Now I know that you guys went the extra mile on that too. But with mask and door to door preaching you choose to go the extra 4 miles
At least now we understand ourselves better.

What you should have asked from a sincere heart is how we are able to always apply Jesus' counsel in a practical sense?

Well that's the work of God's Holy Spirit {John 16:12-13} Jesus' speeches among the first century Jews are for two categories of people:
The Jewish community in general and his own disciples!

So Jesus told his disciples that God's Holy Spirit will guide them always when it comes to the practical application of what he taught them so that there will always be peace among them though such peace can't be found in any other organization! John 14:26-27 wink
Re: Lady Visits Jahovah's Witness Hall, To Ask Why They Stopped Going Door To Door by tctrills: 9:32am On Sep 08, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

What you should have asked from a sincere heart is how we are able to always apply Jesus' counsel in a practical sense?

Well that's the work of God's Holy Spirit {John 16:12-13} Jesus' speeches among the first century Jews are for two categories of people:
The Jewish community in general and his own disciples!

So Jesus told his disciples that God's Holy Spirit will guide them always when it comes to the practical application of what he taught them so that there will always be peace among them though such peace can't be found in any other organization! John 14:26-27 wink

It's not wise to pick my questions for me.
When you tell some the questions to ask you, it shows insincerity and a lack of confidence. But then you have made your point clears. JW are selective to going the extra mile when they feel it would affect Caesar. That is your doctrine. The Savoir did not teach that but you are entitled to your beliefs.

2 Likes

Re: Lady Visits Jahovah's Witness Hall, To Ask Why They Stopped Going Door To Door by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:49am On Sep 08, 2022
tctrills:

It's not wise to pick my questions for me.
When you tell some the questions to ask you, it shows insincerity and a lack of confidence. But then you have made your point clears. JW are selective to going the extra mile when they feel it would affect Caesar. That is your doctrine. The Savoir did not teach that but you are entitled to your beliefs.

Now who is insincere here?

I never told you that it's not to affect Caesar rather i'm showing you the practical application of what Jesus taught that none of you can think of. Do you know any church that can figure out what Jesus meant in that verse?

Of course not because you guys will complicate issues among yourselves and end up claiming denominations after failure to agree on what Jesus taught! Luke 11:23

Whether it affects Caesar or not we must obey the authorities as long as they're not telling us to stop doing the will of our God. Act 4:18-20; 5:28-39
If the order is given to all religions and they have something worthwhile to back it up surely we must comply but then there's no law that ever say people should not speak with their neighbours {Galatians 5:22-23} except this case of COVID-19.

Do you now see why we globally complied? wink

1 Like

Re: Lady Visits Jahovah's Witness Hall, To Ask Why They Stopped Going Door To Door by tctrills: 9:57am On Sep 08, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Now who is insincere here?

I never told you that it's not to affect Caesar rather i'm showing you the practical application of what Jesus taught that none of you can think of. Do you know any church that can figure out what Jesus meant in that verse?

Of course not because you guys will complicate issues among yourselves and end up claiming denominations after failure to agree on what Jesus taught! Luke 11:23

Whether it affects Caesar or not we must obey the authorities as long as they're not telling us to stop doing the will of our God. If the order is giving to all religions and they have something worthwhile to back it up surely we must comply but then there's no law that ever say people should not speak with their neighbours {Galatians 5:22-23} except this case of COVID-19.

Do you now see why we globally complied? wink
I ask again sir why did you not go the extra mile with your businesses.
Now let's read the verses you mentioned to see if they relate to the topic
Luke 11:23
He that is not with me is against me: and he that gathereth not with me scattereth.
Galatians 5:22-23
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
Please read the verses you mention before posting.None of them answer your selective extra mile.

2 Likes

Re: Lady Visits Jahovah's Witness Hall, To Ask Why They Stopped Going Door To Door by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:40am On Sep 08, 2022
tctrills:

I ask again sir why did you not go the extra mile with your businesses.
Now let's read the verses you mentioned to see if they relate to the topic
He that is not with me is against me: and he that gathereth not with me scattereth.
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
Please read the verses you mention before posting.None of them answer your selective extra mile.

Applies to your churches that can't come up with the same line of thought yet claiming Christians.

Applies to the work Jesus assigned to his disciples that no human government can put up any meaningful law against.

Do you get it now? smiley

1 Like

Re: Lady Visits Jahovah's Witness Hall, To Ask Why They Stopped Going Door To Door by tctrills: 5:27pm On Sep 08, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Applies to your churches that can't come up with the same line of thought yet claiming Christians.

Applies to the work Jesus assigned to his disciples that no human government can put up any meaningful law against.

Do you get it now? smiley
Well I judge by your interpretation of the scripture. It's you who believe that Christ meant you should continue with government lockdowns even after the government has put an end to it.
It's your personal interpretation to the word of God still you are selective.
Re: Lady Visits Jahovah's Witness Hall, To Ask Why They Stopped Going Door To Door by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:57pm On Sep 08, 2022
tctrills:

Well I judge by your interpretation of the scripture. It's you who believe that Christ meant you should continue with government lockdowns even after the government has put an end to it. It's your PERSONAL interpretation to the word of God still you are selective.

You called what over 8.7 million people agreed upon globally "PERSONAL"?
Thank God i managed to go through school o! smiley

1 Like

Re: Lady Visits Jahovah's Witness Hall, To Ask Why They Stopped Going Door To Door by tctrills: 7:58pm On Sep 08, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

You called what over 8.7 million people agreed upon globally "PERSONAL"?
Thank God i managed to go through school o! smiley
Yes 8.7 million is a small drop in the human population and all 8.7 million of you are wrong. When Jesus Christ taught us to go the extra mile he was not teaching us to continue with a government lockdown even after the government had called it off.
He taught you to go the extra mile in service. When you are compelled to serve on mile, go another mile in service. The law had nothing to do with imposing extra days of lockdown on yourself. 0

2 Likes

Re: Lady Visits Jahovah's Witness Hall, To Ask Why They Stopped Going Door To Door by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:04pm On Sep 08, 2022
tctrills:

Yes 8.7 million is a small drop in the human population and all 8.7 million of you are wrong. When Jesus Christ taught us to go the extra mile he was not teaching us to continue with a government lockdown even after the government had called it off.
He taught you to go the extra mile in service. When you are compelled to serve on mile, go another mile in service. The law had nothing to do with imposing extra days of lockdown on yourself. 0

Please remind me how this is applied in your church practically after all JWs say what they believe and PRACTICED it! smiley

1 Like

Re: Lady Visits Jahovah's Witness Hall, To Ask Why They Stopped Going Door To Door by tctrills: 8:25pm On Sep 08, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Please remind me how this is applied in your church practically after all JWs say what they believe and PRACTICED it! smiley

Do you mean I should tell you how going the extra mile in service to others applies to me? Because I have been trying to go the extra mile in service and billions of Christians have also sought to follow the Saviors teaching. Trust me, much more 8.7 million people engage in the service of their fellow men. 100 of millions of Christians each day show extraordinary service in their places of work and communities.
One of my workers would not go home until all the days task is done even if it is 6 pm.
When I was in school, I had a roommate that took it upon himself to sweep the stairs and corridor of his hostel.
In the US, I have seen churches organize community service to clean up the beach or to feed the homeless.
So bro it applies to the billions of Christians only that they don't interpret it to mean an extended lockdown.

1 Like

Re: Lady Visits Jahovah's Witness Hall, To Ask Why They Stopped Going Door To Door by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:41pm On Sep 08, 2022
tctrills:

Do you mean I should tell you how going the extra mile in service to others applies to me? Because I have been trying to go the extra mile in service and billions of Christians have also sought to follow the Saviors teaching. Trust me, much more 8.7 million people engage in the service of their fellow men. 100 of millions of Christians each day show extraordinary service in their places of work and communities. One of my workers would not go home until all the days task is done even if it is 6 pm. When I was in school, I had a roommate that took it upon himself to sweep the stairs and corridor of his hostel. In the US, I have seen churches organize community service to clean up the beach or to feed the homeless.
So bro it applies to the billions of Christians only that they don't interpret it to mean an extended lockdown.

Ọmọ so you don't have any specific group and how they applied what Jesus taught practically you just want to throw it into the air even Atheists, Agnostics, Buddhists, Hindus, Muslims, Traditionalists all can claim they're applying it individually anyway they choose to!

You're really really funny ọmọ as in are you a comedian?
Jesus Christ counsel his disciples and here you are throwing it out as if it could be applied by all kinds of people then it means all people believe in Jesus shey? cheesy
Re: Lady Visits Jahovah's Witness Hall, To Ask Why They Stopped Going Door To Door by Janosky: 8:52pm On Sep 08, 2022
tctrills:

1. Mask wearing

Question 1 answer: 1 Timothy 5:8.
Did your Bible exonerate Jehovah's servants from paying their bills?
If JWs knock on your door to appeal for financial aid ,in order to go the extra mile you demand, will you respond & help them?
Una go push am to front page topic on NL. grin

Question 2 answer:
JWs went the extra mile to hold our weekly Bible study meetings online.
Hebrews 10:23-25,Every JW made lots of personal sacrifice to participate in our online Bible study program.
But,Christendom's business centers & Pastorpreneurs could not sustain online church services because they recorded financial losses & it was not bringing in the immense profits that accrued from the usual attendance offline.

The Pastorpreneurs went the extra mile to put pressure on the Government to allow them reopen their business centers.
Re: Lady Visits Jahovah's Witness Hall, To Ask Why They Stopped Going Door To Door by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:11pm On Sep 08, 2022
Janosky:

If JWs knock on your door to appeal for financial aid ,in order to go the extra mile you demand, will you respond & help them?
Question 2 answer:
Hebrews 10:23-25,Every JW made lots of personal sacrifice to participate in our online Bible study program.
But,Christendom's business centers & Pastorpreneurs could not sustain online church services because they recorded financial losses & it was not bringing in the immense profits that accrued from the usual attendance offline.
The Pastorpreneurs went the extra mile to put pressure on the Government to allow them reopen their business centers.

The boy wants to lie yet he did it like a child! cheesy

He doesn't want to accept the fact that only a handful few will be in Jesus' spiritual Ark while billions will perish just as it occurred in Noah's days! Luke 17:26-27

He's really bitter that i'm showing him the practical application of what Jesus taught and how only Jehovah's Witnesses are doing it! smiley
Re: Lady Visits Jahovah's Witness Hall, To Ask Why They Stopped Going Door To Door by tctrills: 9:21pm On Sep 08, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Ọmọ so you don't have any specific group and how they applied what Jesus taught practically you just want to throw it into the air even Atheists, Agnostics, Buddhists, Hindus, Muslims, Traditionalists all can claim they're applying it individually anyway they choose to!

You're really really funny ọmọ as in are you a comedian?
Jesus Christ counsel his disciples and here you are throwing it out as if it could be applied by all kinds of people then it means all people believe in Jesus shey? cheesy
Let's make this simple for both of us
While most Christian groups interpret the call to go the extra mile as a call to service, the JW saw it as a church imposed lockdown extension. That's just the difference. And I can't blame you for viewing the Savior's call as a lockdown extension. You guys always want to be different.
Re: Lady Visits Jahovah's Witness Hall, To Ask Why They Stopped Going Door To Door by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:23pm On Sep 08, 2022
tctrills:

Let's make this simple for both of us
While most Christian groups interpret the call to go the extra mile as a call to service, the JW saw it as a church imposed lockdown extension. That's just the difference. And I can't blame you for viewing the Savior's call as a lockdown extension. You guys always want to be different.

I hear you! cheesy

1 Like

Re: Lady Visits Jahovah's Witness Hall, To Ask Why They Stopped Going Door To Door by tctrills: 9:24pm On Sep 08, 2022
Janosky:

Question 2 answer:

I don't understand your question 1. Please as a clear question.
For your question 2. You seem to be angry with Christians seeking freedom to worship.
What you guys don't understand is that most of the freedoms you enjoy today were fought for by faithful Christians.

1 Like

Re: Lady Visits Jahovah's Witness Hall, To Ask Why They Stopped Going Door To Door by tctrills: 9:25pm On Sep 08, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

I hear you! cheesy
perfect, we understand ourselves.
Re: Lady Visits Jahovah's Witness Hall, To Ask Why They Stopped Going Door To Door by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:25pm On Sep 08, 2022
tctrills:
perfect, we understand ourselves.
Gidi gan! cheesy

1 Like

Re: Lady Visits Jahovah's Witness Hall, To Ask Why They Stopped Going Door To Door by tctrills: 9:26pm On Sep 08, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Gidi gan! cheesy
one love
Re: Lady Visits Jahovah's Witness Hall, To Ask Why They Stopped Going Door To Door by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:27pm On Sep 08, 2022
tctrills:
one love
OK nah! grin

1 Like

Re: Lady Visits Jahovah's Witness Hall, To Ask Why They Stopped Going Door To Door by tctrills: 9:31pm On Sep 08, 2022
Janosky:

Question 2 answer:

Some of us believe in our rights to work, freedom to gather and worship and believe that these freedoms are beyond any government. They are God given. It is evil for government to prevent us from worship, work and to convene as we choose.
Re: Lady Visits Jahovah's Witness Hall, To Ask Why They Stopped Going Door To Door by cornelboy(f): 12:10am On Sep 09, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

I hear you! cheesy
This guy no dé understand anything.
Pls what is the verse you're discussing?
Re: Lady Visits Jahovah's Witness Hall, To Ask Why They Stopped Going Door To Door by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:19am On Sep 09, 2022
cornelboy:

This guy no dé understand anything.
Pls what is the verse you're discussing?

Jesus Started with the blessings his disciples will experience {Matthew 5:3-12} then he talked about how his disciples should deal with those in authority there Jesus told them that when the authorities issues an order with a compulsion they should go extra mile in keeping such order! Matthew 5:41

COVID-19 came and throughout the earth the authorities ordered a lockdown which includes worship centers so Jesus' disciples go an extra mile with the order just as Jesus commanded them, the authorities never declared worship centers open with ease it was pressure from religious organizations that compelled them.
So Jesus' true disciples added more time until the authorities are satisfied unlike churches of Christendom threatening the authorities over the lockdown! smiley

1 Like

Re: Lady Visits Jahovah's Witness Hall, To Ask Why They Stopped Going Door To Door by uncleteeh(m): 7:50am On Sep 10, 2022
bamideleoyin:
Is the guy belt and tie for me grin
Hi, how are you?
I'm Tolulope by name.
Saw one post of yours recently, here's my contact, 08108408732, kindly chat me or drop yours too.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Church Members Carry Pastor Up In A Chair While He Preaches / Demonic Convenant Associate With Attachment And Weavon / Dunamis: Miracle Claim Causes Controversy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.