Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,742 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:47 PM

Patience Jonathan Bought Two Oil Vessels For $64 Million - SocietyNowNG - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Patience Jonathan Bought Two Oil Vessels For $64 Million - SocietyNowNG (7504 Views)

Buhari Bows To Pressure, Reverses Ban On 113 Oil Vessels / EFCC Arraigns Two For $64,000 Romance Scam / Stellah Oduah Purchased Two Oil Vessels For Patience Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Patience Jonathan Bought Two Oil Vessels For $64 Million - SocietyNowNG by Gbenge77(m): 11:21am On Aug 10, 2011
Re: Patience Jonathan Bought Two Oil Vessels For $64 Million - SocietyNowNG by apoti(m): 12:21pm On Aug 10, 2011
Patience Jonathan Acquires Two More Oil Vessels For $64 Million.

Nigeria’s first lady, Dame Patience Jonathan is about to get herself listed on the note pad for wealthy Nigerians that are playing big in oil sector.

Information reaching www.societynowng.com has it that Mr. President's wife has just taken delivery of two oils vessels.

The move, according to sources, is to further strengthen her interest in the down stream sector.

Mrs. Jonathan earlier in the year purchased two oil vessels. The arrangement was perfected sometimes last year with wealthy businesswoman and boss of SPG Oil and Gas as a front.

The newly acquired oil ships, sources disclosed, were acquired for a whooping $64 million. Dubbed Jascon 34, the oil liners were delivered a couple of months ago.

Those in the know disclosed Sterling Global Oil Resource Limited, a Chinese company based in Victoria Island, Lagos to be the firm handling the business arrangement for the first lady this time.

All the relevant papers that have to do with its operation were said to have equally been sorted out.

The vessels are expected to commence operation any time from now.

Further finding revealed that the company handling the construction of the oil vessels is equally at the moment wrapping up works on another one for the first lady.

The third vessel is due for delivery in the last quarter of the year, an insider divulged.

Special Adviser to the President on Media, Mr Ima Niboro did not respond when we sought his reaction on the development.

http://societynowng.com/patience-jonathan-acquires-two-more-vessels-for-64-million50.html
Re: Patience Jonathan Bought Two Oil Vessels For $64 Million - SocietyNowNG by baslone: 3:31pm On Aug 10, 2011
Afterall "Office Of the First Lady" has its own budget!

Nice one for a wife of a lecturer that had no shoes! Sky's the limit!

Fresh!!!!  wink
Re: Patience Jonathan Bought Two Oil Vessels For $64 Million - SocietyNowNG by babaowo: 3:34pm On Aug 10, 2011
When the revolution will start in naija??n
Re: Patience Jonathan Bought Two Oil Vessels For $64 Million - SocietyNowNG by aquita(m): 3:34pm On Aug 10, 2011
Only a fool will believe this story.
Re: Patience Jonathan Bought Two Oil Vessels For $64 Million - SocietyNowNG by vabrida: 3:35pm On Aug 10, 2011
sEaSoN 1 grin grin grin grin
Re: Patience Jonathan Bought Two Oil Vessels For $64 Million - SocietyNowNG by chopper(m): 3:42pm On Aug 10, 2011
i am in the system, its really true, we witnessed the launch of the vessel last year.
Re: Patience Jonathan Bought Two Oil Vessels For $64 Million - SocietyNowNG by naijaking1: 3:48pm On Aug 10, 2011
apoti:

Patience Jonathan Acquires Two More Oil Vessels For $64 Million.

Nigeria’s first lady, Dame Patience Jonathan is about to get herself listed on the note pad for wealthy Nigerians that are playing big in oil sector.

Information reaching www.societynowng.com has it that Mr. President's wife has just taken delivery of two oils vessels.

The move, according to sources, is to further strengthen her interest in the down stream sector.

Mrs. Jonathan earlier in the year purchased two oil vessels. The arrangement was perfected sometimes last year with wealthy businesswoman and boss of SPG Oil and Gas as a front.

The newly acquired oil ships, sources disclosed, were acquired for a whooping $64 million. Dubbed Jascon 34, the oil liners were delivered a couple of months ago.

Those in the know disclosed Sterling Global Oil Resource Limited, a Chinese company based in Victoria Island, Lagos to be the firm handling the business arrangement for the first lady this time.

All the relevant papers that have to do with its operation were said to have equally been sorted out.

The vessels are expected to commence operation any time from now.

Further finding revealed that the company handling the construction of the oil vessels is equally at the moment wrapping up works on another one for the first lady.

The third vessel is due for delivery in the last quarter of the year, an insider divulged.

Special Adviser to the President on Media, Mr Ima Niboro did not respond when we sought his reaction on the development.

http://societynowng.com/patience-jonathan-acquires-two-more-vessels-for-64-million50.html

Who is Ima Niboro again? The media adviser of so many months ago? If not for this slip-up, you would have succeeded in confusing us into believing that this is a new story. The story is as old, stale, and a fabrication as they come. Shame on you embarassed
Re: Patience Jonathan Bought Two Oil Vessels For $64 Million - SocietyNowNG by manchy7531: 4:07pm On Aug 10, 2011

I so believe this. Before the election her aid was caught in London for laundering about 64 million pounds, i first read the news on Sahara reporter but i didn't believe it until i saw it on Al Jazeera. It's unfortunate that our country is in a mess and our leaders still take us for granted and by the way,why will the office of the first lady receive its own allocation? this is corruption of the highest order, no wonder OBJ said this administration lack the will to fight corruption because he knows them and they are all into the same deals, by the way i hate Mrs first lady with a passion.she is an example of Nigeria's poor education sector, i wonder what a PHD holder will be doing with such a lady,if not that he got it through the back door too, which has reflected in the way he is handling our economy, SHAME ON PDP AND JONATHAN, EVEN THOUGH HE IS FROM MY STATE, THIS WILL TEACH NIGERIANS TO VOTE FOR COMPETENCE NEXT TIME AND NOT TRIBE,REGION,ZONE,ETHNIC GROUP OR RELIGION,
Re: Patience Jonathan Bought Two Oil Vessels For $64 Million - SocietyNowNG by Beaf: 4:11pm On Aug 10, 2011
manchy7531:

I so believe this. . .

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked No!!! Lol!
Re: Patience Jonathan Bought Two Oil Vessels For $64 Million - SocietyNowNG by jobforme2: 4:17pm On Aug 10, 2011
Ok how long are we going to be like this?
Re: Patience Jonathan Bought Two Oil Vessels For $64 Million - SocietyNowNG by MMM2(m): 4:18pm On Aug 10, 2011
Na small thing
Re: Patience Jonathan Bought Two Oil Vessels For $64 Million - SocietyNowNG by Tyche(m): 4:21pm On Aug 10, 2011
naijaking1:

Who is Ima Niboro again? The media adviser of so many months ago? If not for this slip-up, you would have succeeded in confusing us into believing that this is a new story. The story is as old, stale, and a fabrication as they come. Shame on you embarassed

It's a big shame brother. People are just looking for the slightest opportunity to discredit the presidency instead of praying for him. I wonder where it is leading us to.
Re: Patience Jonathan Bought Two Oil Vessels For $64 Million - SocietyNowNG by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 4:21pm On Aug 10, 2011
At least OBJ and all the Yoruba and Hausa Thieves are not the only one to become billionaires from this Niger Deltans. Let some of their elite also control significant wealth as they share in the diseases of their people polluted by these oil companies.

Wen OBJ, IBB and Buhari, with all the other thieves dat have looted Naija Deltan start to return that which they stole, then Patience will return hers.
Re: Patience Jonathan Bought Two Oil Vessels For $64 Million - SocietyNowNG by catso(m): 4:27pm On Aug 10, 2011
has it now become a crime for someone in d govt to do business?
As long as the money is not stolen from the govt purse.
Re: Patience Jonathan Bought Two Oil Vessels For $64 Million - SocietyNowNG by velo10: 4:31pm On Aug 10, 2011
How come unverified news keep hitting Nairaland's front page?
Re: Patience Jonathan Bought Two Oil Vessels For $64 Million - SocietyNowNG by baslone: 4:32pm On Aug 10, 2011
Bliss4Lyfe:

At least OBJ and all the Yoruba and Hausa Thieves are not the only one to become billionaires from this Niger Deltans.

. . . .and we kept praying for them while they robbed the nation blind!

Tyche:

It's a big shame brother. People are just looking for the slightest opportunity to discredit the presidency instead of praying for him. I wonder where it is leading us to.

Now you are suggesting we make it a cycle by increasing the tempo of the prayers! Bigger shame!
Re: Patience Jonathan Bought Two Oil Vessels For $64 Million - SocietyNowNG by Seun(m): 4:33pm On Aug 10, 2011
velo10:

The news is that SocietyNowNG is claiming that the first lady bought oil vessels.  We need you to help verify it.
Re: Patience Jonathan Bought Two Oil Vessels For $64 Million - SocietyNowNG by Demoore(m): 4:53pm On Aug 10, 2011
She had better make sure she employs Nigerians to sail, maintain and service the ships. That way she can give jobs to teeming unemployed citizens in the Niger Delta area.

I'm against public looting, but its best to deploy the looted funds to the benefit of the common Nigerian man. And in this case, that would mean boosting local content instead of employing foreigners.

word! cool wink
Re: Patience Jonathan Bought Two Oil Vessels For $64 Million - SocietyNowNG by VEGA(m): 5:01pm On Aug 10, 2011
JASCON 34 Certainly not.
Tell us another story.
Much as  I am not a fan of the First Lady or impressed with her husband's [Sorry, Mr.President's] performance since winning the election NL owes readers to crosscheck claims and remove once found wanting.

I suggest you google it and see what you get. I know the vessel with that name plus her unique International number.
Re: Patience Jonathan Bought Two Oil Vessels For $64 Million - SocietyNowNG by dustydee: 5:06pm On Aug 10, 2011
She must be very rich.
Re: Patience Jonathan Bought Two Oil Vessels For $64 Million - SocietyNowNG by Gbenge77(m): 5:18pm On Aug 10, 2011
The first lady's money laundering activities in the past are well documented.
Re: Patience Jonathan Bought Two Oil Vessels For $64 Million - SocietyNowNG by Gbenge77(m): 5:32pm On Aug 10, 2011
velo10:

Isnt that an allegation weighty enough of making the frontpage?
Re: Patience Jonathan Bought Two Oil Vessels For $64 Million - SocietyNowNG by dayokanu(m): 5:42pm On Aug 10, 2011
Fresh air
Re: Patience Jonathan Bought Two Oil Vessels For $64 Million - SocietyNowNG by Kobojunkie: 5:44pm On Aug 10, 2011
velo10:

But if you bothered to read the article, you would see that this is an accusation being leveled, by yet another Nigerian group out there, against the woman . . .  if you have evidence contrary, present it. Or accept, you are probably clueless on the facts of this as many of us are.

I mean it is not like the women does not herself have a track record of being involved in dubious acts before now. She seems to be 'picked on' often.
Re: Patience Jonathan Bought Two Oil Vessels For $64 Million - SocietyNowNG by koladeoye: 5:46pm On Aug 10, 2011
Re: Patience Jonathan Bought Two Oil Vessels For $64 Million - SocietyNowNG
« #14 on: Today at 04:27:27 PM »  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

has it now become a crime for someone in d govt to do business?
As long as the money is not stolen from the govt purse

Even a deaf and dumb, even a blind man knows she could not have gotten that amount of money from anywhere. All of them are thieves
Re: Patience Jonathan Bought Two Oil Vessels For $64 Million - SocietyNowNG by Aderupoko2: 5:59pm On Aug 10, 2011
Lets continue to pray for the people in authority to steal less grin grin grin
Re: Patience Jonathan Bought Two Oil Vessels For $64 Million - SocietyNowNG by cheko(m): 6:40pm On Aug 10, 2011
is dame patience jonathan, A kleptomaniac? Apart from d fact that this story may be untrue, but she is alws been accussed. Seems the husband is a more perefct gentleman. Tho pple may say he is using her, but i dnt think so this woman is just uncontrollable.
god Help us
Re: Patience Jonathan Bought Two Oil Vessels For $64 Million - SocietyNowNG by RickyRoss1(m): 6:50pm On Aug 10, 2011
This news is FAKE. Many fools are busy spreading lies and rumors just to discredit our dear president. If you have evidence that the first lady stole 64 Million US Dollars what stops you from reporting her to EFCC instead of peddling lies on the internet?

The fools spreading these fake news are angry that a true Niger Deltan is ruling Nigeria for the first time. This born to rule mentality in Nigeria MUST stop. We the Nigerian people voted for GEJ and will judge his performance in 4 years time. For now its too early to rush to conclusions. Even if you like make up a story that GEJ has rob a bank, it wont change nothing-Whom God has blessed, no one can curse.

GEJ please do your job well and leave the rest to God. No matter what you do people must talk & criticize. Even if you share one million US dollars to every Nigerian citizen today there are still many people who will complain and criticize you.

GEJ you were born poor and today God has made you president of Nigeria. You must have known before now that most Nigerians are poor, and before you choose to run for the presidency i believe you have plans to tackle our numerous problems. Now is the time to prove yourself. If you do well God will bless you. If you join the rest of them greedy/corrupt leaders then God will judge you. Nigerians are patiently watching/waiting,
Re: Patience Jonathan Bought Two Oil Vessels For $64 Million - SocietyNowNG by tollu: 7:01pm On Aug 10, 2011
64 Million what? How did she get this money?
I have observed that the press doesn't like to name Stella Oduah Ogiemwonyi these days and even when they do, they conveniently leave out the name Ogiemwonyi.

How did she serve as a front for the purchase of the vessels?
This story just brings up more questions than answers. Nigeria, I hail thee.
Re: Patience Jonathan Bought Two Oil Vessels For $64 Million - SocietyNowNG by shegerun: 7:20pm On Aug 10, 2011
"Special Adviser to the President on Media, Mr Ima Niboro did not respond when we sought his reaction on the development" I thought this guy has been replaced by Dr. Reuben Abatti! Yellow journalism at its core.
Re: Patience Jonathan Bought Two Oil Vessels For $64 Million - SocietyNowNG by Kobojunkie: 7:25pm On Aug 10, 2011
To those quick to label those who would rather seek more information in this people, fools, I do remember some of you are the very same who were quick to ACCUSE the former first lady(without evidence) of crime, after crime, against Nigerians, with no solid evidence presented to date. Even after wikileaks revealed the woman did not have as much control over matters as claimed by some of you on here, you continued to accuse the woman of ploitting against the Nigerian populace. It is simply Patience turn at the wheel, so I don't understand the shock.

Please, if you have evidence to show the accusations by this group is false, please reveal so we can all know what you know.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Jonathan Presents 2013 Budget To National Assembly / AN IGBOMAN Becomes First African To Become A Senior Officer In American Army / Biafra like Flag Flying At City Hall Boston USA - Biafra Is A Global Movement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.