Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,147 members, 7,815,017 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:53 AM

What Government Policy Would You Prefer Abolished For Progress Of Nigeria? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Government Policy Would You Prefer Abolished For Progress Of Nigeria? (340 Views)

Goodluck Jonathan In Mali To Check Progress Of Mali's Return To Democracy / National Assembly Members In US To See Progress Of Work On Super Tucano Aircraft / Construction Progress Of 2nd Niger Bridge. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Government Policy Would You Prefer Abolished For Progress Of Nigeria? by Wisefellow(m): 1:36pm On Sep 08, 2022
Why must government insist that no road should be fixed by no other except govt. regardless of bad shape? Why? Selfish interest of few...

Approval should be granted to individuals and organizations willing and able to fix terrible state of our roads.

This divisional policy( federal, state and local government roads) should be abolished for better Nigeria.
Re: What Government Policy Would You Prefer Abolished For Progress Of Nigeria? by Zionmdde: 1:42pm On Sep 08, 2022
Least qualification for voting should be O LEVEL or the equivalent. Enough of illiterates deciding the fate of the country.

1 Like

Re: What Government Policy Would You Prefer Abolished For Progress Of Nigeria? by FirstSon01: 1:44pm On Sep 08, 2022
Import duty.

It harms us badly, and we should remove subsidy and get our refineries working again. That done and we're back in business as Africa's largest economy.

1 Like

Re: What Government Policy Would You Prefer Abolished For Progress Of Nigeria? by baabuska: 1:44pm On Sep 08, 2022
Omoo
Re: What Government Policy Would You Prefer Abolished For Progress Of Nigeria? by FirstSon01: 1:45pm On Sep 08, 2022
Zionmdde:
Least qualification for voting should be O LEVEL or the equivalent. Enough of illiterates deciding the fate of the country.

So the president voted will not affect them abi??

You should have said only PhD holders should vote for president so that only smart people from Ekiti will decide who's president.

Dundee.
Re: What Government Policy Would You Prefer Abolished For Progress Of Nigeria? by Wisefellow(m): 1:47pm On Sep 08, 2022
Zionmdde:

I disagree, strongly, with you on the above!
Re: What Government Policy Would You Prefer Abolished For Progress Of Nigeria? by Zionmdde: 1:49pm On Sep 08, 2022
FirstSon01:

So the president voted will not affect them abi??

You should have said only PhD holders should vote for president so that only smart people from Ekiti will decide who's president.

Dundee.

Why should illiterates be at the forefront of deciding who should preside over the country? How enlightened are they rather than being tossed around by politicians who throw crumbs at them?

Are u scared u and ur colleagues at oluomo and sons company will be disenfranchised?

Mbe

1 Like

Re: What Government Policy Would You Prefer Abolished For Progress Of Nigeria? by Wisefellow(m): 2:00pm On Sep 08, 2022
[quote author=Tb222 post=116469359]Every candidates contesting an election should be subjected to thorough scrutiny and examination by EFCC.

...usually get profiled by ICPC, public ( electorates) and Media houses through debate!
Re: What Government Policy Would You Prefer Abolished For Progress Of Nigeria? by Princess80(f): 2:07pm On Sep 08, 2022
Zionmdde:
Elitism at its finest?

I seriously dont believe someone that claims to be enlightened and educated will make such a comment.

What is your highest level of education sir?

1 Like

Re: What Government Policy Would You Prefer Abolished For Progress Of Nigeria? by Nobody: 2:10pm On Sep 08, 2022
None...
we can now create our own policies ourselves
Re: What Government Policy Would You Prefer Abolished For Progress Of Nigeria? by Zionmdde: 2:12pm On Sep 08, 2022
Princess80:
Elitism at its finest?

I seriously dont believe someone that claims to be enlightened and educated will make such a comment.

What is your highest level of education sir?
WEAC certificate bas nothing to do with elitism. If you cannot work in the civil service without it why should the major population of electorates be allowed to vote without it?. So someone who has refused to get even the most basic enlightenment, get basic knowledge about civic education, government, economics etc decide who leads a country that wants to progress and match up with other countries in development

If only you know how thousands of illiterate voters are assembled and instructed on who to vote. They all March like zombies and cast their votes as they were instructed. With basic education politicians will lose their most precious weapons of oppression

My level of education doesn't matter here, if I don't have a waec cert then let me not be allowed to vote

1 Like

Re: What Government Policy Would You Prefer Abolished For Progress Of Nigeria? by Mrkindness: 2:18pm On Sep 08, 2022
Quoter system.
Re: What Government Policy Would You Prefer Abolished For Progress Of Nigeria? by Princess80(f): 2:19pm On Sep 08, 2022
Zionmdde:

WEAC certificate bas nothing to do with elitism. If you cannot work in the civil service without it why should the major population of electorates be allowed to vote without it?. So someone who has refused to get even the most basic enlightenment, get basic knowledge about civic education, government, economics etc decide who leads a country that wants to progress and match up with other countries in development

If only you know how thousands of illiterate voters are assembled and instructed on who to vote. They all March like zombies and cast their votes as they were instructed. With basic education politicians will lose their most precious weapons of oppression

My level of education doesn't matter here, if I don't have a waec cert then let me not be allowed to vote
hmmm,
I seriously believe school education shouldnt be a criteria for electing a leader.

You could be a college graduate and still be extremely clueless about polics

Denying someone his/her right just because they werent fortunate to go to college is elitism and a very provocative one.

1 Like

Re: What Government Policy Would You Prefer Abolished For Progress Of Nigeria? by Zionmdde: 2:28pm On Sep 08, 2022
Princess80:
hmmm,
I seriously believe school education shouldnt be a criteria for electing a leader.

You could be a college graduate and still be extremely clueless about polics

Denying someone his/her right just because they werent fortunate to go to college is elitism and a very provocative one.

Will you also say denying them government jobs and civil service positions is also denying their rights?
An average college graduate will not easily be manipulated. If u have visited some parts of this country you will understand where I am coming from.

1 Like

Re: What Government Policy Would You Prefer Abolished For Progress Of Nigeria? by Princess80(f): 2:32pm On Sep 08, 2022
Zionmdde:

Will you also say denying them government jobs and civil service positions is also denying their rights?
An average college graduate will not easily be manipulated. If u have visited some parts of this country you will understand where I am coming from.
I am not in Nigeria and i do not have an idea what goes on there but where i stay, the leaders make policies that affects everyone life. Therefore everyone is expected to choose a leader.

You are not different from Idi Amin

1 Like

Re: What Government Policy Would You Prefer Abolished For Progress Of Nigeria? by Zionmdde: 2:50pm On Sep 08, 2022
Princess80:
I am not in Nigeria and i do not have an idea what goes on there but where i stay, the leaders make policies that affects everyone life. Therefore everyone is expected to choose a leader.

[b]You are not different from Idi Amin[\b]

@ bolded I thought we were having an honest conversation. Anyway I will ignore that

What is the illiteracy level in the country where u reside? Since civil service job affects every one's life why won't they allow everyone take part of it?

Peculiar situations call for peculiar measures. People should be encouraged to get at the least the very basic education

1 Like

Re: What Government Policy Would You Prefer Abolished For Progress Of Nigeria? by FirstSon01: 2:51pm On Sep 08, 2022
Zionmdde:

Why should illiterates be at the forefront of deciding who should preside over the country? How enlightened are they rather than being tossed around by politicians who throw crumbs at them?

Are u scared u and ur colleagues at oluomo and sons company will be disenfranchised?

Mbe

Disenfranchisement that early Nationalists fought against, some random mumus want to bring it back.

I'm not uneducated, I come from a "learned" family and do this funny rule won't affect me in any way but I won't allow anyone be disallowed from choosing their leaders who will still rule over them. If they want to vote anyone they have the right to do so as long as they are humans.
Re: What Government Policy Would You Prefer Abolished For Progress Of Nigeria? by Princess80(f): 2:55pm On Sep 08, 2022
Zionmdde:

@ bolded I thought we were having an honest conversation. Anyway I will ignore that

What is the illiteracy level in the country where u reside? Since civil service job affects every one's life why won't they allow everyone take part of it?

Peculiar situations call for peculiar measures. People should be encouraged to get at the least the very basic education
i am in Austin Tx, here we all collectively elect who we wish to elect as our leader.

You dont deny people the right to vote just because they do not have a college degree.
That is pure wickedness

1 Like

Re: What Government Policy Would You Prefer Abolished For Progress Of Nigeria? by Wisefellow(m): 2:58pm On Sep 08, 2022
Attestation letter from a civil servant in level 14 and above before joining public service!
Re: What Government Policy Would You Prefer Abolished For Progress Of Nigeria? by Zionmdde: 3:03pm On Sep 08, 2022
Princess80:
i am in Austin Tx, here we all collectively elect who we wish to elect as our leader.

You dont deny people the right to vote just because they do not have a college degree.
That is pure wickedness
I don't care where u are and I don't care what they do there. If we have been getting it right in electing our leaders u won't be thinking u have made it in life by leaving ur country to live in someone's country as a 2nd class citizen

You are yet to answer my question, is it also pure wickedness to deny people the right to work in civil service because of college degree?

1 Like

Re: What Government Policy Would You Prefer Abolished For Progress Of Nigeria? by Princess80(f): 3:04pm On Sep 08, 2022
Zionmdde:

I don't care where u are and I don't care what they do there. If we have been getting it right in electing our leaders u won't be thinking u have made it in life by leaving ur country to live in someone's country as a 2nd class citizen

You are yet to answer my question, is it also pure wickedness to deny people the right to work in civil service because of college degree?
2nd class? hahaha

I am half Nigerian, half American.

1 Like

Re: What Government Policy Would You Prefer Abolished For Progress Of Nigeria? by Zionmdde: 3:06pm On Sep 08, 2022
FirstSon01:

Disenfranchisement that early Nationalists fought against, some random mumus want to bring it back.

I'm not uneducated, I come from a "learned" family and do this funny rule won't affect me in any way but I won't allow anyone be disallowed from choosing their leaders who will still rule over them. If they want to vote anyone they have the right to do so as long as they are humans.
So withh the victory the nationalist got, where is Nigeria today? What does it take to be in the senate? What does it take to be a lawmaker? How has the decisions made by millions of illiterates who are easily swayed to any direction helped this country?

If a system is not working why not change it. Mr learned family

1 Like

Re: What Government Policy Would You Prefer Abolished For Progress Of Nigeria? by Zionmdde: 3:07pm On Sep 08, 2022
Princess80:
2nd class? hahaha

I am half Nigerian, half American.
U are a 2nd class citizen where u are. Tell that to those who ostracise u because of ur race

1 Like

Re: What Government Policy Would You Prefer Abolished For Progress Of Nigeria? by FirstSon01: 3:08pm On Sep 08, 2022
Zionmdde:

So withh the victory the nationalist got, where is Nigeria today? What does it take to be in the senate? What does it take to be a lawmaker? How has the decisions made by millions of illiterates who are easily swayed to any direction helped this country?

If a system is not working why not change it. Mr learned family

The country was run aground by educated military generals. The last president was a PhD holder, you people voted him out, voted for NEPA bill holder and now want to vote for a third class Dundee.
Re: What Government Policy Would You Prefer Abolished For Progress Of Nigeria? by Princess80(f): 3:08pm On Sep 08, 2022
Zionmdde:

U are a 2nd class citizen where u are. Tell that to those who ostracise u because of ur race
Do have a nice day
Re: What Government Policy Would You Prefer Abolished For Progress Of Nigeria? by Zionmdde: 3:17pm On Sep 08, 2022
Princess80:
Do have a nice day
You too
Re: What Government Policy Would You Prefer Abolished For Progress Of Nigeria? by Zionmdde: 3:20pm On Sep 08, 2022
FirstSon01:

The country was run aground by educated military generals. The last president was a PhD holder, you people voted him out, voted for NEPA bill holder and now want to vote for a third class Dundee.
Do the illiterates in the villages whose representatives have refused to cite good schools in their community know that they are about to vote a Dundee?

Do u think the president has all the powers? What about the house of reps, LGA chairmen, senate, governors etc? Don't they rely on illiterates who they throw crumbs to to vote them?
Re: What Government Policy Would You Prefer Abolished For Progress Of Nigeria? by Wisefellow(m): 3:46pm On Sep 08, 2022
Illiteracy and poverty are tools used by political class in order to keep reigning!

Continuous education and enlightment of electorates is vital towards election of better candidate without disenfranchisement.

I am yet to see a visionary selfless charismatic leader devoid of selfish, ethnic & religion color amongst Nigerian politicians, unfortunately!

(1) (Reply)

470 Million Naira Monthly Security Vote: Peter Obi Needs To Explain What He Did / All Peter Obi Said At Today's LCCI Private Economic Forum In Lagos / Sights And Sounds From Abuja 1million Man March 4 Peter Obi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.