Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,058 members, 7,863,753 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 04:01 AM

My Friend Has Been Scammed - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / My Friend Has Been Scammed (2460 Views)

Have You Ever Been Scammed? Share Your Experience!! / How To Retrieve Your Money After You Have Been Scammed / Iniubong Essien: My Friend And Her Husband Abducted Me, Shared My Nude Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Friend Has Been Scammed by Nobody: 9:44am On Sep 10, 2022
Chidibe212:

Honestly from the way she cried the last I saw her she was pained breastfeeding her baby. She said she have been saving that 180k for months. Imagine sacrificing and denying yourself alot of things but end up being scammed afterwards. It's heartbreaking.

Chaii

1 Like

Re: My Friend Has Been Scammed by Okeydegeneral: 7:05am On Sep 14, 2022
I know this guy very well and he is not a scammer. His shop is at Jabi. Its a shame you had to tell lies. I called him as soon as i saw this and he told me what transpired between you both which he said he told you that the cost of materials are to expensive and requested that he sends the money back to u but you continued with back and forth. He said he has refunded you 160k on the 7th of Sept 2022 and that he will send you the balance. Why publish him as a scammer when you know this is not true. This is pure defamation, i hope he sues you so that if he oays your 20k balance you will see how stupid you are.

1 Like

Re: My Friend Has Been Scammed by TOPCRUISE(m): 8:02am On Sep 14, 2022
Most of them will use borrowed funds to bet
Re: My Friend Has Been Scammed by Carndidlaydee: 8:16am On Sep 14, 2022
Nwatachoba1:

My dear,just forget the money. Police fit collect money from you for this and if u see the guy arrest, I'm not sure u will see 50k from him,na u or police go use una hand release am.. just count ur loss,e son happen. Talk to ur husband to help you out... onye nweanyi gbaa gi ume

She should forget the money undecided
This country is dead and gone
Re: My Friend Has Been Scammed by Nobody: 8:21am On Sep 14, 2022
Carndidlaydee:

She should forget the money undecided
This country is dead and gone

Did u read and assimilate?

Abi hand dey scratch you to
Type
Re: My Friend Has Been Scammed by Nobody: 8:23am On Sep 14, 2022
Okeydegeneral:
I know this guy very well and he is not a scammer. His shop is at Jabi. Its a shame you had to tell lies. I called him as soon as i saw this and he told me what transpired between you both which he said he told you that the cost of materials are to expensive and requested that he sends the money back to u but you continued with back and forth. He said he has refunded you 160k on the 7th of Sept 2022 and that he will send you the balance. Why publish him as a scammer when you know this is not true. This is pure defamation, i hope he sues you so that if he oays your 20k balance you will see how stupid you are.

And most of us don talk bad about the guy

Wey the op

Abeg confirm this and edit your post biko
Re: My Friend Has Been Scammed by Nobody: 8:24am On Sep 14, 2022
Chidibe212:

Dear, the scammer is in Lugbe, Abuja not Lagos. Thanks Alot for your advise though

Confirm if what someone here says about the refund and what transpired
Re: My Friend Has Been Scammed by Carndidlaydee: 8:32am On Sep 14, 2022
Nwatachoba1:

Did u read and assimilate?

Abi hand dey scratch you to
Type

Please tell me what's there to read and assimilate sir undecided

Summary of your post is/was "the money is gone she should move on"

How can you give someone 180 thou' to get a work done for you only for the individual not to deliver And you expect her to count her loss undecided

Is the country not dead and gone undecided

OP send me a pm
When they take him to abacha barracks he'd return every penny back with interest
Re: My Friend Has Been Scammed by Nobody: 9:21am On Sep 14, 2022
Carndidlaydee:

How can you give someone 180 thou' to get a work done for you only for the individual not to deliver And you expect her to count her loss undecided

OP send me a pm
When they take him to abacha barracks he'd return every penny back with interest

If u take him to barracks, and they assault him, he can sue you for it

Be like say u don't know what to do,u can scare a poor man or woman with those things.. in law,nigerian police are not meant to recover debt or money owed btw two people as a result of deals gone bad, highest wey court go do na for them to ask the guy to be paying in bit till e finish... someone came here and claimed that the assumed scammer met the woman for settlement, but he has refunded 160k out of 180k
Re: My Friend Has Been Scammed by Carndidlaydee: 9:58am On Sep 14, 2022
Nwatachoba1:

1. If u take him to barracks, and they assault him, he can sue you for it

2. Be like say u don't know what to do,u can scare a poor man or woman with those things..

3. in law,nigerian police are not meant to recover debt or money owed btw two people as a result of deals gone bad,

4. highest wey court go do na for them to ask the guy to be paying in bit till e finish...

5. someone came here and claimed that the assumed scammer met the woman for settlement, but he has refunded 160k out of 180k

1. This is really funny. He got money to sue but doesn't have to pay back his debt

2. Scared them in what sense undecided but they ain't scared to collected/squander someone else's money. They ain't poor they are just wicked and selfish

3. This Iam not sure of but I'd look into into.

4. Then why not ask her to take the guy to the court rather than telling her to forget the money. Abi you no trust court again

5. Saw the post too. OP should kindly give us update
Re: My Friend Has Been Scammed by tuzeriouz(m): 10:08am On Sep 14, 2022
Okeydegeneral:

anty left the group after seeing this comment.

1 Like

Re: My Friend Has Been Scammed by Nobody: 10:16am On Sep 14, 2022
Carndidlaydee:

1. This is really funny. He got money to sue but doesn't have to pay back his debt

2. Scared them in what sense undecided but they ain't scared to collected/squander someone else's money. They ain't poor they are just wicked and selfish

4. Then why not ask her to take the guy to the court rather than telling her to forget the money. Abi you no trust court again

4.. the money you will spend during this process, will be more than what you are being owed and most cases takes time

1.. you never see people act b4... someone was owing me money, e dey build house o

I use vex go meet am,baba dey shout for me, say i no fit do anything, highest na to carry am go court and he will agreed to be paying 5k monthly cheesy

When lawyer dey tell me cost and the whole thing about the monthly pay... I just comot face dey beg the guy for my money

No jam person wey go owe you, still dey stubborn to pay... e dey waste resources
Re: My Friend Has Been Scammed by Carndidlaydee: 10:53am On Sep 14, 2022
Nwatachoba1:

4.. the money you will spend during this process, will be more than what you are being owed and most cases takes time

1.. you never see people act b4... someone was owing me money, e dey build house o

I use vex go meet am,baba dey shout for me, say i no fit do anything, highest na to carry am go court and he will agreed to be paying 5k monthly cheesy

When lawyer dey tell me cost and the whole thing about the monthly pay... I just comot face dey beg the guy for my money

No jam person wey go owe you, still dey stubborn to pay... e dey waste resources

Sir this your number 4 is making me laugh. In a nutshell when someone owes you. It is best you forget it undecided

Person dey owe you dey build house You confront am him dey shout for your head undecided damboroba

Idont loan money to anybody Irather gift it out cos iknow humans are cruel expecially the M genders

Do you stay in abuja make we go meet that person wey dey owe you. You'd get your money back. That his project will be on hold
Re: My Friend Has Been Scammed by Nobody: 10:59am On Sep 14, 2022
Carndidlaydee:

Sir this your number 4 is making me laugh. In a nutshell when someone owes you. It is best you forget it undecided

Person dey owe you dey build house You confront am him dey shout for your head undecided damboroba

Idont loan money to anybody Irather gift it out cos iknow humans are cruel expecially the M genders

Do you stay in abuja make we go meet that person wey dey owe you. You'd get your money back. That his project will be on hold

There's nothing like forget

U go follow am gently

If u wan use force, no use security forces

Lae no dey recognize spiritual things

So u go enter spiritual

By the time u take the matter go arusi okija

E go confirm

But using security forces, e fit make u spend more than the money plus,u can be jailed if u do am wrongly ( I don't know if u understand law ) and the money will be paid in penny

Wo.. forget jare, seems u don't understand my explanations since
Re: My Friend Has Been Scammed by Carndidlaydee: 11:18am On Sep 14, 2022
Nwatachoba1:

There's nothing like forget

U go follow am gently

If u wan use force, no use security forces

Lae no dey recognize spiritual things

So u go enter spiritual

By the time u take the matter go arusi okija

E go confirm

But using security forces, e fit make u spend more than the money plus,u can be jailed if u do am wrongly ( I don't know if u understand law ) and the money will be paid in penny

Wo.. forget jare, seems u don't understand my explanations since

What is arusi okija undecided

Anyways like you said make we free the matter

Do have a lovely day

1 Like

Re: My Friend Has Been Scammed by imagrg(m): 11:22am On Sep 14, 2022
Preposterous! shocked
Re: My Friend Has Been Scammed by Chidibe212(f): 11:03pm On Sep 21, 2022
Okeydegeneral:

Nigerians, the scammer is using a Moniker as Okeydegeneral with full name OKECHUKWU PETER Ani (Okey for short). You claim you sent 160k out of 180k from 7th of September and till date you have not refunded 20k to complete her money and yet you have money to sue? Continue holding people's money that is not yours. Your time will come for you to answer. Also esnure you have enough money to sue while you are holding the 20k.

Scammer
Re: My Friend Has Been Scammed by Chidibe212(f): 11:09pm On Sep 21, 2022
Carndidlaydee:

OP send me a pm

He should ensure he keeps enough money to sue. The okey guy abi Okeydegeneral is a hardened scammer. His time to answer is coming.
Re: My Friend Has Been Scammed by Chidibe212(f): 11:12pm On Sep 21, 2022
Nwatachoba1:

If u take him to barracks, and they assault him, he can sue you for it

Be like say u don't know what to do,u can scare a poor man or woman with those things.. in law,nigerian police are not meant to recover debt or money owed btw two people as a result of deals gone bad, highest wey court go do na for them to ask the guy to be paying in bit till e finish... someone came here and claimed that the assumed scammer met the woman for settlement, but he has refunded 160k out of 180k

He is not an assumed scammer, he is a hardened scammer. Imagine claiming he paid 160k since 7th September and he still feels comfortable not to pay the woman completely till date. Yet the scammer is thinking of sueing? This is funny. Certain humans are just funny
Re: My Friend Has Been Scammed by Chidibe212(f): 11:18pm On Sep 21, 2022
Carndidlaydee:

Please the scammer @okeydegeneral is harden and have not paid the woman what he owes her till date. If 20k is what he thinks he owes her then why have he not paid?

FYI, he is bent on eating the money. Imagine having money to sue but haven't paid 20k you claim to owe from 7th September till date? The okey guy is a hardened scammer
Re: My Friend Has Been Scammed by Chidibe212(f): 11:25pm On Sep 21, 2022
tuzeriouz:

anty left the group after seeing this comment.

I am here o. I have things I attend to. I am not always on Nairaland though. The okey scammer guy have not paid what he is owing as I type this.

My friend even told me the okey guy told the husband "God punish you"

Imagine owing someone and still telling the person "God punish you"

I just asked my friend to send me a screenshot of the conversation.

The scammer is hardened but his soft time will come soon.

View attachment below

Re: My Friend Has Been Scammed by Nobody: 11:42pm On Sep 21, 2022
Chidibe212:

He is not an assumed scammer, he is a hardened scammer. Imagine claiming he paid 160k since 7th September and he still feels comfortable not to pay the woman completely till date. Yet the scammer is thinking of sueing? This is funny. Certain humans are just funny

Did he pay 160k or not??
Re: My Friend Has Been Scammed by Nobody: 11:47pm On Sep 21, 2022
Chidibe212:

I am here o. I have things I attend to. I am not always on Nairaland though. The okey scammer guy have not paid what he is owing as I type this.

View attachment below

This screenshot is somehow o

U typed all these and sent voice not and he only replied God punish you

Wonderful

At this junction I reserve my comment

Make una go dey settle am by una self make we rest.. take police go arrest am and sort ur differences
Re: My Friend Has Been Scammed by Chidibe212(f): 11:56pm On Sep 21, 2022
Nwatachoba1:

Did he pay 160k or not??

You should be asking if he paid 180k or not. Not 160k
Re: My Friend Has Been Scammed by Chidibe212(f): 11:59pm On Sep 21, 2022
Nwatachoba1:

Wonderful

Make una go dey settle am by una self make we rest.. take police go arrest am and sort ur differences

I told you the guy is a hardened scammer, imagine owing someone and still telling them "God punish you" just as someone here said a baba that is building a house for him told him "You no fit do anything" . These set of people are hardened. The voice note is a conversation my friend said the husband had with someone that knows the scammer. If a voice note can be attached here then I will ask my friend to give it to me tomorrow so as to post it here
Re: My Friend Has Been Scammed by Sandmaiden: 5:17am On Sep 22, 2022
Op not plain. Someone asked if he had paid 160 but op dey talk rubbish. Me see op as a cunning person. If dude owed 180 and he has paid 160. Dude now owes 20k. So op Shay na 20k the weeeed smoking looking welder owe u now?
Re: My Friend Has Been Scammed by Chidibe212(f): 9:32am On Sep 22, 2022
Sandmaiden:
Op not plain. Someone asked if he had paid 160 but op dey talk rubbish. Me see op as a cunning person. If dude owed 180 and he has paid 160. Dude now owes 20k. So op Shay na 20k the weeeed smoking looking welder owe u now?

I am not the victim of a scam but my friend is.

It's obvious 20k the okey scamming welder is owing her from 7th of September till date

The scammer sent 160k instead of 180k that was originally sent to him.

But before he sent the money 160k let me give you Nigerians a full detailed insight of what transpired between my friend and the scammer.
Re: My Friend Has Been Scammed by Chidibe212(f): 10:16am On Sep 22, 2022
*Before transferring the 180k to the scammer on the 31st Aug, the scammer agreed he will do the work for 180k including workmanship after series of negotiation from 220k which he claimed that he has gone to the market to price materials for building the container. After agreement, my friend then transfered 180k to the scammer's zenith account on the 31st August & 1st September respectively as posted on page 1 to pay the scammer completely, the scammer then told my friend he will start the work on Monday, 5th September.

*On Monday 5th sep, the scammer said he went to the market AGAIN & discovered things have gone up and told my friend to send another 20k to make it 200k but my friend and her husband told the guy to send back the 180k which he agreed to send by 4pm on that Monday but failed to do so.

*On the 6th sep, Tuesday the okechukwu Peter ani who scammed my friend told her he will revisit the market again to beat down the price but my friend told him not to worry & send back the 180k but he failed to return the money again on that Tuesday.

*After series of warning against the scammer that the police will arrest him, then on Wednesday 7th sep, he sent 160k via POS & said he was still in POS to send the remaining balance of 20k but failed to do so.

*On the 8th sep, the scammer told someone to call my friend & tell her that he sent N165k with balance remaining 15k (Story number 1 now started coming & changing from the original)

*On the 9th sep, the scammer claimed he did a gate work for one of his customers (story number 2), that once he finishes the painting and deliver the gate to the customer then he will send the balance of 20k but failed to do so till date.

*On the 13th Sep when people he knows started intervening on the matter, the scammer claimed with a different story number 3 that he used my friend's balance of 20k as transport to the market to know prices of materials. A whole 20k as transport to the market? Imagine

*On the 14th of sep (story number 4) the scammer told another intervener with name zubitex to call my friend's husband that he (okey) built a container for my friend and she rejected it, he then hustled for 160k to send to her husband and plans on selling the container to someone else before he balances 20k. PS: one of the interveners confirmed to my friend that he (okey) did not build any container when they visited him about the matter (NB: phone calls were recorded as evidence)

on the 15th Sept a different intervener again said he (okey) told him he used 20k to buy material (story number 5).

So you see how dubious and criminal minded the scammer okechukwu Peter Ani is? It's sickening.
Re: My Friend Has Been Scammed by Chidibe212(f): 10:29am On Sep 22, 2022
Okeydegeneral:

So @okeydegeneral, when the scammer which is YOU pays what he owes completely to his victim please advise him to send to you proof of payment so that you can show Nigerians here as you have done. But before then while the scammer is still with my friend's balance he will answer to the pain he has caused to my friend and her 3months baby.

There are call voice records of the scammer's interveners and screenshots. The scammers time to answer is coming.

There's a saying "Those whom the gods wish to DESTROY they first make mad"

The scammer should continue holding my friend's money.
Re: My Friend Has Been Scammed by tuzeriouz(m): 10:46am On Sep 22, 2022
Chidibe212:

View attachment below

Inukwa? u don see person wey no get work abi? Anyways I had a similar case. I contracted one to construct burglary proof and doors. Rather than using agreed metal dimensions and sizes, he decided to used substandard metals and delivered them to the site and called for his balance. I told him I won't pay until I see them. When I saw them, I only accepted the doors because they were of good quality and rejected the burglary proof which he later returned to his shop. When I noticed he wasn't willing to cooperate and complete his job, I invited the police and he forced to complete the job with standard materials within 2 weeks.

If your story is legit, drag him to the station
Re: My Friend Has Been Scammed by Chidibe212(f): 10:53am On Sep 22, 2022
Nwatachoba1:

Wonderful

I am currently at my friend's place.

Find attachment of screenshots of chats with dates stated in them and many more that are withheld which will be used against him when caught. He is not aware that Nigeria law enforcers have improved in catching criminals & scammers at large.

Re: My Friend Has Been Scammed by Chidibe212(f): 11:11am On Sep 22, 2022
tuzeriouz:

Inukwa? u don see person wey no get work abi? Anyways I had a similar case. I contracted one to construct burglary proof and doors. Rather than using agreed metal dimensions and sizes, he decided to used substandard metals and delivered them to the site and called for his balance. I told him I won't pay until I see them. When I saw them, I only accepted the doors because they were of good quality and rejected the burglary proof which he later returned to his shop. When I noticed he wasn't willing to cooperate and complete his job, I invited the police and he forced to complete the job with standard materials within 2 weeks.

If your story is legit, drag him to the station

Like said on page 1, my friend and husband does not know the scammer's shop (one of the major things I blamed them for but she said the scammer was once her sec sch mate). They spoke through phone calls with regards to the container & transactions

The matter have been reported to not just only the police. When the time is near the scammer will answer to his fraudulent act and he should prepare his documented evidence which he wants to use and sue.

Nigerians should beware of the scammer with name OKECHUKWU PETER ANI that disguises and claims to be a welder

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

White Woman Seen Acting Funny In Lagos With Blood And Scars On Her Body / Marital Infidelity: Husband Stabs Wife To Death, Commits Suicide In Lekki / You Are A Big Fool If You Still Patronized Ashawo "Prostitutes"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.