Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,788 members, 7,817,276 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:17 AM

Pictures Of Bola Tinubu When He Established LASTMA (July 2000) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pictures Of Bola Tinubu When He Established LASTMA (July 2000) (48381 Views)

Tinubu: When Atiku Says "Walahi Talahi", He Means "Na Lie I Lie" (Video) / Tinubu: When I Returned Schools To Missionaries, I Didn't Look At Religion / Tambuwal To Tinubu: When You Were Denied Buhari’s VP, You Tried To Rock The Boat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pictures Of Bola Tinubu When He Established LASTMA (July 2000) by naijapikin2(m): 9:36am On Sep 09, 2022
Lastmessenger2:
they literally saying he was in his 50. Wonders shall never end.
no no no, tinubu is 69 years now so 22 years ago he was just 47 years... A government, and a party whose spokesperson is called lie mohamed what do we expect.
Re: Pictures Of Bola Tinubu When He Established LASTMA (July 2000) by Owaincouncil: 9:37am On Sep 09, 2022
PresidObi:
So, he removed the traffic police and ignored the road safety corps, employed and funded a parallel body with the help of his state legislature and took over the jobs of a federal organisation like the police and the road safety?

This man has never believed in the Nigerian government.

Why didn't he ensure that the police did their work to control traffic?

See the way somebody is reasoning. If that should be, then there won't be need for ipob then

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Bola Tinubu When He Established LASTMA (July 2000) by Lanretoye(m): 9:37am On Sep 09, 2022
PresidObi:
So, he removed the traffic police and ignored the road safety corps, employed and funded a parallel body with the help of his state legislature and took over the jobs of a federal organisation like the police and the road safety?

one day u go get sense,charge your governors too.dont tarnish people's work.you are working too,don't let God tarnish it.

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Bola Tinubu When He Established LASTMA (July 2000) by PresidObi: 9:38am On Sep 09, 2022
daywatcher:

If they are against the constitution why is FG and other states copying them?

Because they have all accepted that the constitution of Nigeria is unworkable. In essence, they are subtly abandoning the same constitution they swore to uphold.
Re: Pictures Of Bola Tinubu When He Established LASTMA (July 2000) by emerged01(m): 9:38am On Sep 09, 2022
PresidObi:

Clearly, that was putting aside the Nigerian constitution which he swore to uphold? The Nigerian police are the constitutional body with the responsibility of directing traffic and punishing offenders. We dont want someone who will work against the constitution because of his personal interests.
Kai! It is a pity you cant see beyond hatred. I know someday you will realise the ignorance you display by posting this comment.

If you can kick against LASTMA you are definitely against Amotekun and ESN.

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Bola Tinubu When He Established LASTMA (July 2000) by adekolaelect(m): 9:39am On Sep 09, 2022
WowSweetGuy:
Ok let ur Tinubu win

Emi lo kan

I go support am now since u think I'm frustrated

Make we all suffer
Allow positivity in your mind set so even if many are surfereing you will be the fly Eagle among their birds .

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Bola Tinubu When He Established LASTMA (July 2000) by PresidObi: 9:40am On Sep 09, 2022
Lanretoye:
one day u go get sense,charge your governors too.dont tarnish people's work.you are working too,don't let God tarnish it.

Sir, don't employ your emotions in constitutional matters. The constitution is made for everyone.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Bola Tinubu When He Established LASTMA (July 2000) by deedo93(m): 9:40am On Sep 09, 2022
PresidObi:

Not really, the problem he had with the FRSC and NPF was the fact that they are not under the direct control of the state governor. Also, the man power of the FRSC and the NPF in the state was not enough to essentially ensure adequate enforcement of traffic rules and thus he came up with a solution..........."employ redundant youth (mostly agberos) to enforce traffic rules in the state and pay them a stipend"

This single act reduced the occurrence of traffic rules violations drastically in the state and reduced unnecessary gridlock the state was plagued with in the past
Re: Pictures Of Bola Tinubu When He Established LASTMA (July 2000) by OyeofIkoTuN(m): 9:41am On Sep 09, 2022
Africana1123:

Oh Yes...

Nice drone shots..

I forgot drones came out 1960...No vex..

See what the igbo journalist and photographer took he came to ibadan slaves..No vex

You can see ilorin migrants arriving after afonja was defeated

Re: Pictures Of Bola Tinubu When He Established LASTMA (July 2000) by PresidObi: 9:42am On Sep 09, 2022
emerged01:

Kai! It is a pity you cant see beyond hatred. I know someday you will realise the ignorance you display by posting this comment.

If you can kick against LASTMA you are definitely against Amotekun and ESN.

I am against any attempt by anyone to subvert the constitution they have sworn to protect, no matter who the person is. If we had LASTMA in the constitution and no central policing, then I will support LASTMA.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Bola Tinubu When He Established LASTMA (July 2000) by Rebelutionary: 9:43am On Sep 09, 2022
PresidObi:

You can't even provide a reasonable argument backed with the constitution.
Sometimes its better to stay silent and be deemed wise...your comment and follow up rebuttal fell shamefully flat on its face! Seumsg asked you to name Peter Obi legacy policies akin to what is stated in this thread (one will suffice) but you decided to resort to empty rhetorics about "constitutionality"! What B.S are you saying?

Advice: For your sanity, sometimes stay off some threads! Have a great day

4 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Bola Tinubu When He Established LASTMA (July 2000) by Komu1048(m): 9:45am On Sep 09, 2022
PresidObi:

Mumu man, if u were in Lagos around 1997 n know what it means to travel from Ipaja to Ikeja. U won't be typing this nonsense. U may hate him to reason best known to u but he did well for Lagosians n we r happy. No state can absorb the heavy inflow of people to Lagos n won't cry. I was in Awka 2007/8 n I know how they jingles on cosmo fm begging Ebonyi people to go back n stop terrorizing anambra people.

Security before was in shambles in Lagos u dare not pass tru Osodi, Agege at night.

Now people are safe, a benue man that just visited not quite long said he doesn't believe he can sleep with his two eyes closed and walk around without fear of being attacked by people.

4 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Bola Tinubu When He Established LASTMA (July 2000) by Solababa91(m): 9:48am On Sep 09, 2022
Give us pictures of when he graduated from Primary and Secondary school. Keyamo said he didn't go to Secondary school but gained admission to University through A' level, while Tinubu himself claimed his house was ransacked and his certificate carted away by the military.

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Bola Tinubu When He Established LASTMA (July 2000) by VULCAN(m): 9:48am On Sep 09, 2022
Lastma has caused so much pain to private car owners.

Extortioners

seunmsg:

Traffic police and road safety corps are still very much available in Lagos. He simply created LASTMA to complement the efforts of these other agencies as they were undermanned.

This was the very first time that na the history of Nigeria that a state government would attempt to create a paramilitary agency at the state level and today, it has become a huge success that other states have copied.

This is the kind of bold, innovative and courageous ideas that Tinubu will bring onboard to solve various problems confronting Nigeria.

He created LASTMA for traffic management, LIRS for revenue generation, LAWMA for waste management, RRS for security management, Office of the public defender for providing free legal services to those who can’t afford it, IPP for improved electricity supply, BRT for mass transportation, free WAEC fees for all public school students etc. All these ideas have now been copied by so many states including FG.

Now tell us just one new idea that Peter Obi introduced as governor of Anambra state that has been copied by FG or any other state in the country.

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Bola Tinubu When He Established LASTMA (July 2000) by Konjiboii: 9:48am On Sep 09, 2022
Why am I not surprised it was BAT that introduce LASTMA this crooks and ruffians on their dirty uniforms.
Re: Pictures Of Bola Tinubu When He Established LASTMA (July 2000) by PresidObi: 9:49am On Sep 09, 2022
deedo93:

Not really, the problem he had with the FRSC and NPF was the fact that they are not under the direct control of the state governor. Also, the man power of the FRSC and the NPF in the state was not enough to essentially ensure adequate enforcement of traffic rules and thus he came up with a solution..........."employ redundant youth (mostly agberos) to enforce traffic rules in the state and pay them a stipend"

This single act reduced the occurrence of traffic rules violations drastically in the state and reduced unnecessary gridlock the state was plagued with in the past

I love the way you put it, and I agree he was trying to solve a problem. But we cannot give him credit when there's the bigger case of subversion of the existing constitution which states clearly who should do what.

I understand the problem of the police and even the FRSC, but allowing each state make laws that suit them without recourse to existing laws will create 3 problems.

The police and FRSC are still arresting traffic offenders in Lagos and elsewhere, the LASTMA are also doing the same job, without collaboration of these bodies, where can we get the records of repeat offenders? Where can we enforce a central traffic directory and uniform punishment of offenders?

Have you seen the serious loopholes created when we decide to abandon the constitution because we are trying to solve a problem? Tinubu shouldn't be praised for creating LASTMA, it increased traffic management issues instead of ending it.

That's my point.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Bola Tinubu When He Established LASTMA (July 2000) by Devil1Messenger: 9:49am On Sep 09, 2022
seunmsg:

Traffic police and road safety corps are still very much available in Lagos. He simply created LASTMA to complement the efforts of these other agencies as they were undermanned.

This was the very first time that na the history of Nigeria that a state government would attempt to create a paramilitary agency at the state level and today, it has become a huge success that other states have copied.

This is the kind of bold, innovative and courageous ideas that Tinubu will bring onboard to solve various problems confronting Nigeria.

He created LASTMA for traffic management, LIRS for revenue generation, LAWMA for waste management, RRS for security management, Office of the public defender for providing free legal services to those who can’t afford it, IPP for improved electricity supply, BRT for mass transportation, free WAEC fees for all public school students etc. All these ideas have now been copied by so many states including FG.

Now tell us just one new idea that Peter Obi introduced as governor of Anambra state that has been copied by FG or any other state in the country.
My friend shut up
You will never see any road safety Corp member on Lagos road
Lastma are touts created to enrich tinubu pocket.
A road safety Corp won't allow u to make traffic blunder and when u did, dey Wont charge u 100k
LASTMA will allow u make the blunder and inbound ur vehicle then bill u 100k to retrieve ur vehicle.

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Bola Tinubu When He Established LASTMA (July 2000) by Fearyourcreator: 9:49am On Sep 09, 2022
WowSweetGuy:
God punish people promoting this greedy old man

E be like we no too get sense for this country o
Which politician is not greedy?
Re: Pictures Of Bola Tinubu When He Established LASTMA (July 2000) by OyeofIkoTuN(m): 9:51am On Sep 09, 2022
Sonyboom765:
Na your Igbo papa n mama God go continue to punish for bearing a retarrded brain cursed Igbo like many of you n your kinsmen.

Here is practical example n antecedent that show what the man can do compared to the Pandora criminal you are here wailing like a lunatic out of tribal bigotry n foolishness

See how it's looks from a minority..

Your igbo papa and mama... ?

You won't understand how special and the value a single igbo life holds....More value than awolowo,IBB and Dan fodio put together...

You can only wail and High BP your self.. You cannot change it
Re: Pictures Of Bola Tinubu When He Established LASTMA (July 2000) by TruthinAction: 9:52am On Sep 09, 2022
wwwihy:
Without LASTMA in Lagos, Traffic will be worst than hell

God Bless Incoming President Bola Tinubu
Tinubu Builds Lagos
His Legacy lives on

No Wailing Wailer should quote me...if not I will slap somebody

What they charge for traffic offense is unreasonable. How can you charge 200,000 naira for traffic offense? It is wickedness.

Is it every car owner that is a millionaire?

Besides, strangers come into Lagos daily and could accidentally follow a wrong lane.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Bola Tinubu When He Established LASTMA (July 2000) by truthfinder319: 9:54am On Sep 09, 2022
Your name shows you are a Biafran IPOB. Lagos, SW including Iragbiji will continue to excel inspite of your bigotry

Naijanascam:
Waoooo.... the Man who made Lagos instead of Iragbiji

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Bola Tinubu When He Established LASTMA (July 2000) by dheilaw1(m): 9:54am On Sep 09, 2022
PresidObi:

must you appear foolish on a public forum like this? Read the nonsense you typed here again..

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Bola Tinubu When He Established LASTMA (July 2000) by 3ple9iner: 9:55am On Sep 09, 2022
PresidObi:

Because they have all accepted that the constitution of Nigeria is unworkable. In essence, they are subtly abandoning the same constitution they swore to uphold.
Same way Obi disrespected the constitution by creating vigilantes.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Bola Tinubu When He Established LASTMA (July 2000) by alamscolo(m): 9:55am On Sep 09, 2022
seunmsg:

And what have they done to improve traffic in Lagos now

Mind you na Lagos I dey so I dey await your response, dem give touts job you dey say compliment. Their own pass agbero own...... Ish.... Overhyped mentality
Re: Pictures Of Bola Tinubu When He Established LASTMA (July 2000) by Andytyx(m): 9:57am On Sep 09, 2022
Naijanascam:
Waoooo.... the Man who made Lagos instead of Iragbiji
you be lucifer yourself walai
Re: Pictures Of Bola Tinubu When He Established LASTMA (July 2000) by truthfinder319: 9:57am On Sep 09, 2022
Leader. He established the first state traffic management agency in Nigeria.

He was 90 years old then according to the children of hate

Africana1123:
FLASHBACK: [15th July 2000]: Governor of Lagos State, Senator Bola Ahmed Tinubu @officialABAT established the Lagos State Traffic Management Authority (LASTMA) to ensure free flow of traffic in the state, enforce traffic rules and a massive employment generation.

#BAT2023

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Bola Tinubu When He Established LASTMA (July 2000) by truthfinder319: 9:58am On Sep 09, 2022
Leader. He established the first state traffic management agency in Nigeria.

He was 90 years old then according to the children of hate
Re: Pictures Of Bola Tinubu When He Established LASTMA (July 2000) by FEGNO: 9:59am On Sep 09, 2022
seunmsg:

I think you are wrong on who first created a body like LASTMA. In 1981 or 83 Jim Nwobodo had created the Road Corps.

4 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Bola Tinubu When He Established LASTMA (July 2000) by Nobody: 10:00am On Sep 09, 2022
and how is Lagos Traffic after all these years of LASTMA? Go and see how mega cities around the world manage traffic and see if you'll still be proud of Lagos.
Indomie children all over the place singing Tinubu built Lagos!

wwwihy:
Without LASTMA in Lagos, Traffic will be worst than hell

God Bless Incoming President Bola Tinubu
Tinubu Builds Lagos
His Legacy lives on

No Wailing Wailer should quote me...if not I will slap somebody

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Bola Tinubu When He Established LASTMA (July 2000) by proff010: 10:00am On Sep 09, 2022
See your reply. You are mumu man.
PresidObi:

Clearly, that was putting aside the Nigerian constitution which he swore to uphold? The Nigerian police are the constitutional body with the responsibility of directing traffic and punishing offenders. We dont want someone who will work against the constitution because of his personal interests.
Re: Pictures Of Bola Tinubu When He Established LASTMA (July 2000) by ipobarecriminals: 10:00am On Sep 09, 2022
grin grin grin shocked grin I doubt you’ll make heaven with Pastor Righteousness2 at the gate sad
Africana1123:
grin

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Bola Tinubu When He Established LASTMA (July 2000) by abokikhalifa: 10:01am On Sep 09, 2022
PresidObi:

He did not stop police from working. Lastma and police are working together. But you've never been to Lagos. You won't know grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Fayose: Humiliation Of Tinubu Is A Humiliation Of The Yoruba Race / FG To Buy Cooking Stoves With N9.2bn / Wike Drops Charges Against Armed-Robbers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.