Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,559 members, 7,812,817 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:51 PM

How I Almost Rejected My Best Worker - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How I Almost Rejected My Best Worker (29844 Views)

How I Rejected N9 Million P.A. FPSO Job / How I Almost Got Scammed Over A Civil Defense Job / Lady Confronts An Able-Bodied Beggar Who Rejected Her N35k Job Offer In Ajah (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

How I Almost Rejected My Best Worker by Deeprooted: 11:49am On Sep 10, 2022
Before the interview, I was discouraged by her appearance.

I had to put a call through to the hiring firm, expressing my disappointment. However,so as not to make her feel bad, I decided to ask her a few questions in relation to the job. To My utmost surprise, she said she had never held the position. This justified by anger.

Long story short, she was hired.

She was taught her role within few days and that's all! She's now the best worker in all ramifications.

Lesson to all employers, do not hire base on experience alone.

509 Likes 36 Shares

Re: How I Almost Rejected My Best Worker by oluhyohmih(m): 12:56pm On Sep 10, 2022
How I wish someone can also see the best in me giving me opportunity to prove myself

196 Likes 16 Shares

Re: How I Almost Rejected My Best Worker by parkervero(m): 1:19pm On Sep 10, 2022
oluhyohmih:
How I wish someone can also see the best in me giving me opportunity to prove myself
Sell yourself, that's the best way employer(s) can see the best in you.

59 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Almost Rejected My Best Worker by Robisky001(m): 2:24pm On Sep 10, 2022
A clear case of don't judge the book by its cover.

Inexperienced job seekers will function optimally if given the right training and enabling environment to strive.

256 Likes 19 Shares

Re: How I Almost Rejected My Best Worker by Karleb(m): 2:32pm On Sep 10, 2022
If you didn't hire her, another person would have done that with a better pay.

Try to increase her salary

259 Likes 14 Shares

Re: How I Almost Rejected My Best Worker by nifemi25(m): 6:55pm On Sep 10, 2022
Definitely another person would have seen the potential in her and employ her if you refused her the position... thank God you followed your instinct...

42 Likes 6 Shares

Re: How I Almost Rejected My Best Worker by CrownOfClay724: 7:03pm On Sep 10, 2022
Glad she thrilled you.

Many people are more capable than they appear to be.

52 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How I Almost Rejected My Best Worker by Lamasta(m): 7:59pm On Sep 10, 2022
Oga raise her pay to justify her hard work for your organization, don't come here and be motivating us for using someone's child....

107 Likes 10 Shares

Re: How I Almost Rejected My Best Worker by GreaterFuture(m): 8:27pm On Sep 10, 2022
Deeprooted:

I had to put a call through to the hiring firm, expressing my disappointment. However,so as not to make her feel bad, I decided to ask her a few questions in relation to the job. To My utmost surprise, she said she had never held the position. This justified by anger.

She was taught her role within few days and that's all! She's now the best worker in all ramifications.

The kind of Job, you no talk...
What led to you employing her, you no talk
Key aspect to the story, which would make the lesson make sense to the readers you didn't mention,
Then you said don't hire based on BLa bla bla...
Lol, Says a whole lot!

79 Likes 5 Shares

Re: How I Almost Rejected My Best Worker by Deeprooted: 8:36pm On Sep 10, 2022
oluhyohmih:

Apply for roles even if you don't meet all the requirements

11 Likes

Re: How I Almost Rejected My Best Worker by Deeprooted: 8:37pm On Sep 10, 2022
CrownOfClay724:
Glad she thrilled you.

Many people are more capable than they appear to be.

I'm telling you

4 Likes

Re: How I Almost Rejected My Best Worker by Deeprooted: 8:41pm On Sep 10, 2022
Lamasta:
Oga raise her pay to justify her hard work for your organization, don't come here and be motivating us for using someone's child....

She was to be paid 56k but she was paid 70k and by October ending, I'm upgrading her to 100k

155 Likes 14 Shares

Re: How I Almost Rejected My Best Worker by Ay04z(m): 9:34pm On Sep 10, 2022
Deeprooted:

She was to be paid 56k but she was paid 70k and by October ending, I'm upgrading her to 100k
gud of u...ur company will continue to go higher.. And more profits boss

146 Likes 11 Shares

Re: How I Almost Rejected My Best Worker by LikeAking: 12:11am On Sep 11, 2022
Deeprooted:

We are in a world wia people judge a book by cover.

U try.

U fit employ me?

Even if you won't pay me.. Let me just ans employed.

Pls!

15 Likes

Re: How I Almost Rejected My Best Worker by We4all: 7:26am On Sep 11, 2022
Deeprooted:

Great! At least her appearance will change.

36 Likes

Re: How I Almost Rejected My Best Worker by Juliearth(f): 7:32am On Sep 11, 2022
Deeprooted:

This was my case prior to being employed.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Almost Rejected My Best Worker by merit455(m): 7:59am On Sep 11, 2022
Deeprooted:

Oga,what's your company name....you might be lying

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Almost Rejected My Best Worker by Lamasta(m): 8:11am On Sep 11, 2022
Deeprooted:

You have done well as that will go a long way in encouraging her to do more for the organization as her input is recognized and rewarded, kudos to you boss.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Almost Rejected My Best Worker by Deeprooted: 9:08am On Sep 11, 2022
merit455:
Oga,what's your company name....you might be lying

We have suffered so much in our country that every little good thing seems too good to be true to us. I understand your standpoint so I don't need you to believe me.

78 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How I Almost Rejected My Best Worker by Learn4future: 10:49am On Sep 11, 2022
While I haven't collected pay for two months ...suffering and smiling..death is actually better
Re: How I Almost Rejected My Best Worker by Leogreat5: 11:30am On Sep 11, 2022
I need a job .I have experience in poultry and crop farming .

1 Like

Re: How I Almost Rejected My Best Worker by datola: 4:15pm On Sep 11, 2022
It's hard to find qualified and trusted employee in the present day Nigeria.

If you find one, appreciate and treat them well.

8 Likes

Re: How I Almost Rejected My Best Worker by oluwaseyi0: 4:15pm On Sep 11, 2022
f
Re: How I Almost Rejected My Best Worker by EngrEgghead: 4:15pm On Sep 11, 2022
A guy came for interview with a bathroom slippers in the telecom firm I worked(I swear this is not a joke). We all laughed, you know the kind of laughter that is laced with anger. To cut the long story short, he was hired and placed under an intense probation. He eventually became an astute fiber engineer in the history of the company. The saying that goes thus " don't judge a book by its cover" is real.

71 Likes 6 Shares

Re: How I Almost Rejected My Best Worker by deltateam: 4:15pm On Sep 11, 2022
Hmm.
Re: How I Almost Rejected My Best Worker by Gbeng30(m): 4:15pm On Sep 11, 2022
Good for you.. Don't judge a book by its cover

3 Likes

Re: How I Almost Rejected My Best Worker by Higgies(m): 4:16pm On Sep 11, 2022
Smile
Re: How I Almost Rejected My Best Worker by nkemoma(m): 4:16pm On Sep 11, 2022
If na man now you for Jail am from Interview..

But because na the gender wey talk to snake and maybe she fine and get asset, you come reason am....

Las las make sure say you de do am well

We no wan come read counter thread here later.

11 Likes

Re: How I Almost Rejected My Best Worker by ShenTeh(m): 4:16pm On Sep 11, 2022
Happens all the time.

Which is the reason that when I coach interviewees, I tell them to lift up their chin because if you are really worth the job and the employer rejects you, it is much more strategic loss to the employer.

Recruitment is actually by far the toughest job of a business owner. Many often realise that just too late in the party.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How I Almost Rejected My Best Worker by Tboymessiah(m): 4:17pm On Sep 11, 2022
NasoLifeBe!!!
Re: How I Almost Rejected My Best Worker by Obyangel: 4:17pm On Sep 11, 2022
Thank God you employed her and her Aura (star) is bright cheesy

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Is This A Scam ?? / Trick To Download Your N-power PPA Letter / Any Advice About Adron Homes And Properties Limited?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.