Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,490 members, 7,954,891 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 11:51 AM

How Do I Treat Navel Pain In My Baby - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do I Treat Navel Pain In My Baby (62327 Views)

Why Men Treat Side-Chicks Better Than Wives / Pain At The Navel 6 Weeks After C-section / Banned From Speaking My Language To My Baby (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Treat Navel Pain In My Baby by bong4(m): 2:02am On Aug 11, 2011
Good Morning All, i have not been able to sleep for some nights now because of my baby's navel which disturbs him from time to time especially at nights. Please if you had similar experience, share how you went about treating him because i do not know and would not want to make a mistake of giving him what may disturb him further. Thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do I Treat Navel Pain In My Baby by talk2me006(m): 6:57am On Aug 11, 2011
Does it just started, is there any small swelling around d navel? If answer is no.it mean it is physiological not yet pathological.just give d baby a spoon of olive oil nd use small to rub d baby navel.he or she suppose to sleep off.
Re: How Do I Treat Navel Pain In My Baby by ng4am(f): 7:09am On Aug 11, 2011
How old is ur baby?
Re: How Do I Treat Navel Pain In My Baby by Nobody: 9:16am On Aug 11, 2011
talk2me006:

Does it just started, is there any small swelling around d navel? If answer is no.it mean it is physiological not yet pathological.just give d baby a spoon of olive oil nd use small to rub d baby navel.he or she suppose to sleep off.

Without knowing the baby's age, that's bad advice. From what's been posted, it sounds like the residue from the umbilical cord is a bit sore. So we're talking quite a new baby. Giving a baby that young olive oil is a no-no. Nothing should be given without the advice of a doctor, babies aren't for trial and error practices, it's not worth the risk.

@ Bong4: Please take your baby to a doctor, preferably the doctor that's been attending him / her since birth, or the one that delivered him / her. They'll be able to advice you on the best course of action.

Best of luck.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Treat Navel Pain In My Baby by bong4(m): 9:31am On Aug 11, 2011
My baby is a month and two 6 (weeks)
Re: How Do I Treat Navel Pain In My Baby by bong4(m): 9:33am On Aug 11, 2011
Thanks Siena for the tip. He stops crying whenever i pick him and support the navel on my body whenever he feels the pain. Though as some people say, it is a phase that will pass away.
Re: How Do I Treat Navel Pain In My Baby by rose75(f): 10:07am On Aug 11, 2011
Going by the baby's age, it's not something you should lose sleep over. It's normal.
When I encountered similar situations with my babies, I was advised to give them NOSPAMIN drops. And it worked.
My sister-in- law used ground bitter kola water for hers.
Goodluck.
Re: How Do I Treat Navel Pain In My Baby by blank(f): 11:50am On Aug 11, 2011
Please, ur baby is still very young. Do not gamble with his life. Take him to a paediatrician. I had a friend that had something similar. We just found out that the baby had an obstructed intestine. Do not waste time. Let the doctor feel u r being too fussy. Its better than being sorry.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Treat Navel Pain In My Baby by tpia5: 1:26pm On Aug 11, 2011
See a doctor.
Re: How Do I Treat Navel Pain In My Baby by kokoye(m): 3:05pm On Aug 11, 2011
Simple.

Give your baby Gripe Water.

That's all. Fast relief
Re: How Do I Treat Navel Pain In My Baby by hazureal(f): 3:38pm On Aug 11, 2011
Pls take ur baby to the hospital and specifically ask to see a Pediatrician. You'll get many advices here, but what worked for others may not work for your baby.
Re: How Do I Treat Navel Pain In My Baby by ronkebp(f): 3:38pm On Aug 11, 2011
awww!!!! congratulations dear, happy for you!!!!! gripe water, is the best,
Re: How Do I Treat Navel Pain In My Baby by ronkebp(f): 3:43pm On Aug 11, 2011
^^^^^ (just to add), you have to be sure he/she is reacting to colic/ gas or reflux, if these are what is causing the discomfort then gripe water is good for him/her, most babies have that discomfort, but if it is really navel pain, then take him to the doctor.
Re: How Do I Treat Navel Pain In My Baby by ifyalways(f): 3:52pm On Aug 11, 2011
blank:

Please, your baby is still very young. Do not gamble with his life. Take him to a paediatrician. I had a friend that had something similar. We just found out that the baby had an obstructed intestine. Do not waste time. Let the doctor feel u r being too fussy. Its better than being sorry.
Best!

@OP,time spent typing this here,refreshing for new responses and replying is more than enough to take your baby to the hospital.
NLD is not a hospital,clinic or baby creche.
Re: How Do I Treat Navel Pain In My Baby by ng4am(f): 4:57pm On Aug 11, 2011
Atleast she can hear 4rm experience mother, cos must dr wil tel u nt to give ur baby anything dat its normal like my dr.
Re: How Do I Treat Navel Pain In My Baby by ng4am(f): 5:30pm On Aug 11, 2011
But i couldnt watch my daughter suffer without helpin her so i use gripe water and worked perfectly. So try it.
Re: How Do I Treat Navel Pain In My Baby by Outstrip(f): 6:15pm On Aug 11, 2011
So it is not navel pain (what ever that is). It is most likely colic since you say it feels better when you put pressure on him abdomen. Gas. Make sure you are burping him correctly. Also I will try to find a picture and post up here to show you how you can hold a colicky child to ease the pressure in their stomach. As everyone has suggested go see a paediatrician

1 Like

Re: How Do I Treat Navel Pain In My Baby by Outstrip(f): 6:18pm On Aug 11, 2011
http://www.baby-medical-questions-and-answers.com/baby-colic.html

scroll all the way down on this page. That hold can help the baby but as much as I would love to reassure you that it will fix it all I cant. Some babies are just colicky and they just have to go through the process. I really hope you and the baby find some relief
Re: How Do I Treat Navel Pain In My Baby by naijainfogalery: 7:49pm On Jan 14, 2015
Gripe Water

Natural Remedy for soothing stomach troubles

Gripe water is a liquid given to infants with colic, gastrointestinal discomfort, teething pain, reflux and other stomach ailments. Adults may also take gripe water for soothing intestinal pains, gas or other stomach ailments.

for Nigerians looking for Gripe Water in the US, you can get your ingredients here -http://www.nigerianfoods.com/products/gripe
Re: How Do I Treat Navel Pain In My Baby by KanwuliaJara: 11:16am On Jan 15, 2015
. . .And you are on NL?
It must be a 'barbie doll' for sure! grin
Mtcheeeeeeeew!
Orisi risi!!!

(1) (Reply)

My Marriage - A Sinking Ship. / My Sister Want To Expose My Secret Life To My Husband / Online Users Criticise Couple's Maternity Shoot (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.