Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,120 members, 7,818,365 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:41 PM

Why Does It Seem Africans Are Ashamed Of London Burning? - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Why Does It Seem Africans Are Ashamed Of London Burning? (1581 Views)

See What South Africans Had To Say Concerning Xenophobia / Gay Africans Are Entitled To Asylum In The EU / Pictures Of London Riot Looters! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Does It Seem Africans Are Ashamed Of London Burning? by MandingoII(m): 6:13am On Aug 11, 2011
Is it because some of them share your skin color?

Is it because you want to live there?

Is it because you detest seeing Blacks protest?

Why are you feeling "some kinda way" it is not even about you!!!!

It IS about FED UP Oppressed & Marginalized people sick and tired of being POWERLESS. So they do what poor oppressed people do. Take it to the streets.
White people been doing it for centuries.
Re: Why Does It Seem Africans Are Ashamed Of London Burning? by Beaf: 8:00am On Aug 11, 2011
What have the protests, looting and burning in the UK got to do with Africa? Or do you think the UK is an African country? Dude, get off your blinking horse.
Re: Why Does It Seem Africans Are Ashamed Of London Burning? by morpheus24: 2:28pm On Aug 11, 2011
MandingoII:

It IS about FED UP Oppressed & Marginalized people sick and tired of being POWERLESS. So they do what poor oppressed people do. Take it to the streets.

Still gunning for the prize for the most s.t.u.p.i.d.e.s.t post on NL huh?
Re: Why Does It Seem Africans Are Ashamed Of London Burning? by MandingoII(m): 4:43pm On Aug 11, 2011
Its clear you two low level baboons didnt read this board. Figures, most africans believe what they are told instead of what is FACT.

blacks in the carribbean and the states are not ashamed of black britons for their behaviour. We undestand whiteys oppression.
Re: Why Does It Seem Africans Are Ashamed Of London Burning? by morpheus24: 4:49pm On Aug 11, 2011
MandingoII:

Its clear you two low level baboons didnt read this board. Figures, most africans believe what they are told instead of what is FACT.

blacks in the carribbean and the states are not ashamed of black britons for their behaviour. We undestand whiteys oppression.

I contend . Still gunning for he s.t.u.p.i.d.e.s.t post on Nairaland.

Stop passing yourself like you got any sense and go play with your guns wil ya.
Re: Why Does It Seem Africans Are Ashamed Of London Burning? by Hertsnite: 7:37pm On Aug 11, 2011
they are african not british.

just read Russia's take on the london riots, they seem to agree with me
Re: Why Does It Seem Africans Are Ashamed Of London Burning? by Hertsnite: 7:38pm On Aug 11, 2011
Re: Why Does It Seem Africans Are Ashamed Of London Burning? by tpia5: 10:48pm On Aug 13, 2011
no idea what the poster is talking about.
Re: Why Does It Seem Africans Are Ashamed Of London Burning? by Beaf: 10:57pm On Aug 13, 2011
MandingoII:

There will always be ignorant people, bruv; so stop being stone-headed and making foolish sweeping statements.
Re: Why Does It Seem Africans Are Ashamed Of London Burning? by ADM1(m): 4:05am On Aug 14, 2011
MandingoII:

Shut up.
Re: Why Does It Seem Africans Are Ashamed Of London Burning? by cap28: 11:15am On Aug 14, 2011
MandingoII:

There is no love lost between me and mandingo but his last statement is totally on point.
This riot is now being labelled a black riot and only faces of black rioters are being plastered all over the newspapers despite the fact that in places like liverpool, birmingham, bristol and salford the majority of the rioters were white.

The british media are also using this riot to stir up racial tensions between blacks and asians and blacks and whites, a lot of the comments im reading on youtube are describing black rioters as animals and scum who shoudl all "go back to africa".

When the students rioted in this country early this year and smashed up shops i dont remember anyone describing them as animals or scum.

the british govt do not want to talk about the root causes of this riot, instead their focus is now on punishing the rioters  they are now talking about using rubber bullets, spraying rioters with water cannons containing dye, taking away their govt subsidised accommodation and social security benefits etc - no talk about addressing inequality, poverty and exclusion which majority of the people rioting are victims of.

the average nigerian has been conditioned to remain docile no matter how badly they are treated by their govt this is why nigerians rather leave the country than fight to change things, therefore the idea of blacks standing up to an oppressive racist system like britain is something most nigerians can't comprehend.

1 Like

Re: Why Does It Seem Africans Are Ashamed Of London Burning? by cap28: 11:26am On Aug 14, 2011
Beaf:

What have the protests, looting and burning in the UK got to do with Africa? Or do you think the UK is an African country? Dude, get off your blinking horse.

blacks in the UK and the blacks in africa are both oppressed by the same capitalist system which keeps them at the bottom of the socio economic ladder. The blacks in the west are slightly better off because there is a social safety net which protects them from starvation and destitution while the blacks in africa are at the mercy of tyrannical western puppets who bend over backwards to serve the interests of western banks and multinational corporations while sentencing their own people to a life of endless poverty.

Both groups are victims of white supremacy, the major difference though, is that the blacks in the western world UNDERSTAND who the enemy is while majority of nigerians stupidly think that their main enemy are their leaders, they are totally ignorant of the fact that those leaders would be virtually powerless without the financial and military aid they receive from the western puppet masters and multinational corporations who keep them in power.
Re: Why Does It Seem Africans Are Ashamed Of London Burning? by MandingoII(m): 3:38pm On Aug 14, 2011
EVERY MINORITY everywhere is suffering by some form of White supremacy. this is a fact. the only thing we can do is DESTROY their materialistic structures, and RIOT RIOT RIOT.

otherwise you become a part of the problem by your complictness, by your selfishness and by your fake individualism, because their will always be black,brown people to look down upon by the evil whiteys, Why?

BECAUSE THEY NEED TO COMPARE THEIR MATERIAL WEALTH AGAINST SOMETHING, AND YOUR BLACK A.S.Z IS THE "OTHER", nevermind that their rich is impoverishing them and keeping them sick & depressed, as long as they are not "you" they will go along with the elites propaganda.
Re: Why Does It Seem Africans Are Ashamed Of London Burning? by TayoD1(m): 6:52pm On Aug 14, 2011
@MandigoII,

EVERY MINORITY everywhere is suffering by some form of White supremacy.
So the suffering of the minority groups in Nigeria is also down to White supremacy?  Minorities of Indian descents in America are a small group and yet have taken over the IT industry.  What happened to White Supremacy in that sense?

this is a fact.  the only thing we can do is DESTROY their materialistic structures, and RIOT RIOT RIOT.
How does destroying what others have add to the value of your own life?  What sort of mentality is this?  Do you think you will be better off today if Bill Gates loses his fortune?
Re: Why Does It Seem Africans Are Ashamed Of London Burning? by Hertsnite: 7:55pm On Aug 14, 2011
seriously cap 28 if you hate whitey so much why did you move to my country?
Re: Why Does It Seem Africans Are Ashamed Of London Burning? by nolongTing: 8:07pm On Aug 14, 2011
Hertsnite:

If you hate Superior Africans so much why did you Father go to Kenya?
Re: Why Does It Seem Africans Are Ashamed Of London Burning? by Hertsnite: 8:13pm On Aug 14, 2011
he was born there, my grandfather was a lieutenant in the colonial police force in Nairobi.
Re: Why Does It Seem Africans Are Ashamed Of London Burning? by nolongTing: 8:41pm On Aug 14, 2011
Hertsnite:

he was born there, my grandfather was a lieutenant in the colonial police force in Nairobi.

You mean the queens forgotten foot soldiers grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Does It Seem Africans Are Ashamed Of London Burning? by cap28: 9:03pm On Aug 14, 2011
Hertsnite:

I was born in the UK but beleive me i despise the place, i would have left this place ages ago but your parasitic leaders have made it unbearable for ordinary people like myself, only the rich and the corrupt live well in africa, still making plans to get the hell out though, i hope you unwanted whites in zimbabwe, kenya and south africa are making similar plans because africa will rise very soon and all you unwanted whites over there will not be welcome in africa at that time

(1) (Reply)

Full Details Of New UK Immigration System And how It Benefits Nigerians / Israel PM Meets Putin At Kremlin For Ukraine Talks / Were African Leaders Humiliated In London?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.