Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,519 members, 7,823,227 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:07 AM

Saying Tinubu Will Starve Off Eastern Ports Is Hogwash - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Saying Tinubu Will Starve Off Eastern Ports Is Hogwash (12451 Views)

Man Dragged Off Flight For Saying Tinubu Must Not Be Sworn In As President / FG To Flag Off Eastern Rail Project On March 9th / Tolu Ogunlesi's Tweets About The Revival Of The Eastern Ports. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Saying Tinubu Will Starve Off Eastern Ports Is Hogwash by Zydote: 7:01am On Sep 13, 2022
I have seen/heard what Peter Obi said and while it is unfortunate, I will focus on the important which is the message he claimed is from a "Tinubu group". This is campaign season, there are lots of nonsense groups flying about and people talking a lot of nonsense.

There are also people who are not affiliated with candidates saying their own and you cannot hold the candidates and/or party responsible for that. But if what they do and say relates to the candidates, you can say they are similar.

On the issue of the eastern port, I can personally say Tinubu has always been a believer in opening the eastern ports for business. And I can prove it.

On June 1 during the campaign for primaries, Tinubu visited Calabar and he promised to dredge the Port there. This is not just hearsay but newspapers reported it (see below)

National leader of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Asiwaju Ahmed Tinubu, has promised Cross River delegates a functional seaport in the state.

He also promised to rehabilitate displaced Bakassi persons.

Tinubu, who was also a two-term former governor of Lagos State, made the promise, yesterday, in Calabar while soliciting support from the delegates ahead of the party presidential primary slated for Monday, June 6.

He said: “Many can promise but only very few can deliver. I am standing before you as a fulfilled man, very confident of myself, I can turn Nigeria around.

“We will rehabilitate those displaced by Bakassi. We will dredge and service the port of Calabar.”

Speaking earlier, his campaign DG, the former Borno State governor, Kashim Shettima and the Governor of Kanu State, Abdullahi Ganduje, urged the delegates to vote for the only man that could deliver Nigeria.

Responding, the state party Chairman, Alphonsus Eba, described Tinubu as the pillar of the party.

He assured the aspirant of the state’s total support.

“We will rehabilitate those displaced by Bakassi. We will dredge and service the port of Calabar.”

Speaking earlier, his campaign DG, the former Borno State governor, Kashim Shettima and the Governor of Kanu State, Abdullahi Ganduje, urged the delegates to vote for the only man that could deliver Nigeria.

Responding, the state party Chairman, Alphonsus Eba, described Tinubu as the pillar of the party.

He assured the aspirant of the state’s total support.
https://guardian.ng/news/tinubu-promises-functional-port-in-cross-river/

Also after he won the primaries, he mentioned it again and this time on video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LmMx7B2ovbE

Listen from 15:50 minutes.

I haven't seen any candidate that has been so upfront about the Calabar port as he has and it is weird to think that some people will claim Tinubu is running a campaign tellig people if Peter Obi wins, the other ports walk be opened and investors want come to Lagos anymore since that is what he himself wants to do!

If we cry, lets also see. This recent diversion by Peter Obi is simply emotional blackmail that was not well thought up and it is sad.

Peter Obi has being accused multiple times of being a trialist and he is leaning in that angle more and more. I don't want to believe he is but some things are beginning to slip out

106 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Saying Tinubu Will Starve Off Eastern Ports Is Hogwash by agadez007(m): 8:01am On Sep 13, 2022
Let me paste these here,I am coming back to take them

60 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Saying Tinubu Will Starve Off Eastern Ports Is Hogwash by WibusJaga: 8:14am On Sep 13, 2022

Abeg leave matter for matthias.
The plain truth is that the bat is far past his prime & is not fit to shoulder the myriad problems of this country.

Here is a bat...
-that is suffering from Parkinsonism & Amnesia.
-that can not hold the mic for 30mins & speak coherently on issues affecting the country.
-that has controversial personality & genealogy.

Infact if they had implemented secret balloting in the primaries & eliminated bribery/buying of delegates, he would NEVER have emerged as winner. The primaries eventually became for the highest bidder with enough dollars to woo delegates.

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saying Tinubu Will Starve Off Eastern Ports Is Hogwash by bestman09(m): 8:14am On Sep 13, 2022
Same issue with different topics. The thing really pain them but no matter what, we will vote wisely in 2023.

33 Likes

Re: Saying Tinubu Will Starve Off Eastern Ports Is Hogwash by soetand: 8:14am On Sep 13, 2022
Make we thrash the statement jare

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Saying Tinubu Will Starve Off Eastern Ports Is Hogwash by Risingblue008(m): 8:14am On Sep 13, 2022
D
Re: Saying Tinubu Will Starve Off Eastern Ports Is Hogwash by Parachoko: 8:14am On Sep 13, 2022

107 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Saying Tinubu Will Starve Off Eastern Ports Is Hogwash by Topmaike007(m): 8:15am On Sep 13, 2022
Ok

1 Like

Re: Saying Tinubu Will Starve Off Eastern Ports Is Hogwash by Kingpele(m): 8:15am On Sep 13, 2022
Foolishness is the problem of most Nigerians..I don't know why, the same man that promise heaven and earth if his party win elections in 2015 with over experienced buharia but look at where we are now..urchins is saying that buba didn't follow his advice...did buba close The BAT mouth from offering solutions through the media or even criticised the government policies he felt was wrong openly, he can't even speak against the killing of his people in owo church..this is the man who will turn around our economy at old age ,when he should be resting his weak bones and body. Secondly the development he keep attributing to himself as if he founded lagos state in 1999 was ridden with corruption which turn him into eternal emperor of lagos, with thousands of touts at his service, we don't want him to elevate it to the national level...a man who is afraid of speaking the truth to his friends at all times is a coward unfit to be rewarded with power...he gave us a failure in 2015 now he want to be in the driving seat unto extinction..God forbid BAT things...#say no to APC say no to Muslim Muslim ticket #####$

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Saying Tinubu Will Starve Off Eastern Ports Is Hogwash by duro4chang(m): 8:15am On Sep 13, 2022
May God bless Shetima and Tinubu

110 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Saying Tinubu Will Starve Off Eastern Ports Is Hogwash by Ebubu: 8:15am On Sep 13, 2022
as if they have done anything they promised in 2015

104 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Saying Tinubu Will Starve Off Eastern Ports Is Hogwash by lightskinnigga: 8:15am On Sep 13, 2022
This one nko?

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Saying Tinubu Will Starve Off Eastern Ports Is Hogwash by nazicartel(m): 8:16am On Sep 13, 2022
Obi coughs, everywhere shivers. The message wasn't from Obi and from that video. He was just discussing with his friends. You think you know pH morethan Obi?. Obi was just reading a fake story to his friends. It's nothing serious. And Yes, Onne port is functional but it's expensive. The most important thing there is that it's functional and Obi knows it's functional. We are always creating very big enmity. We are clearing grounds for Atiku. Next year will surprise the south from the way I'm seeing it. I'm beginning to understand that South isn't politically smart. Nigeria has many groups but from January till December it's Igbo and Yoruba and every Saturday wedding is Ebuka Weds Omotola

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Saying Tinubu Will Starve Off Eastern Ports Is Hogwash by chaddy16: 8:16am On Sep 13, 2022
My primary concern is the bunch of youths shouting OBIdients up and down. Una well done.

AdamuKD:

Go and kill yourself because we will keep shouting it

You will shout OBIdient till you grow old.

19 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Saying Tinubu Will Starve Off Eastern Ports Is Hogwash by Anigreat: 8:17am On Sep 13, 2022
shocked

One of many negative traits possessed by Tinubu urchins is that they're easily brainwashed. Their gullibility is top notch hence you see them campaigning and supporting a man who literally have nothing at all to offer. They're moved by the lying words of the thief, that was how Buhari deceived and they stupidly fall for it.

In 2015, APC made so much promises to Nigerians but today how many of their promised have they kept? Non. And here someone is easily deceived by what a known fraudster like Tinubu is saying.

If you people are føolish, myopic and gullible not everybody are like you fools.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Saying Tinubu Will Starve Off Eastern Ports Is Hogwash by LuxInnovation1: 8:17am On Sep 13, 2022
SaiOba:
Vote APC for a better ASUU strike
Vote APC for more animals to swallow our money
Vote APC for a better insecurity.
Vote APC for a better deappreciation of naira.
Vote APC for a better unending recession.
Vote APC for a better inflation
Vote APC for a better hunger
Vote APC for a better collapse of all our institutions
Vote APC for a better economic failure.
Vote APC for a better dilapidated education
Vote APC for a better unemployment.
Vote APC for a better nepotism.
Vote APC for a better decay infrastructural and social amenities.
Vote APC for a better change to painful chain.
Vote APC for a better continuity of all these vices and evils.

Thank you all
#COPIED

Yes, I keep saying this:

STOP PLEADING WITH PEOPLE TO VOTE FOR COMPETENCE. VOTE FOR FOR WHOEVER, JUST STAY ALIVE. In fullness of time, evil consumes (even) it's own. If you vote out of nepotism/tribalism, (God spare us our lives) don't ever think the incompetence and hardship that comes with wrong leadership will skip you.

12 Likes

Re: Saying Tinubu Will Starve Off Eastern Ports Is Hogwash by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 8:17am On Sep 13, 2022
We can't take any promise from apc again.Nigerians are ready to take back their country.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Saying Tinubu Will Starve Off Eastern Ports Is Hogwash by jyz200(m): 8:17am On Sep 13, 2022
Peter obi bleep up cool
Although he’s still learning politics
Rabiu said a while ago

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Saying Tinubu Will Starve Off Eastern Ports Is Hogwash by BATified2023: 8:17am On Sep 13, 2022
I have said it n I will keep saying it that the ipob candidate have nothing on tinubu except blackmail,character assasination n co

U will see that they hardly talk about tinubu achievements,they dare not compare tinubu achievements with their ipob candidate achievements

The same tactics ipob used that failed is what they are using today,thank God keyamo has bursted their fake assasination ploy to gain sympathy else we will b having another round of madness from them again

Imagine having nothing to campaign with aside insults

This same peter obi sacked igbos not from anambra from civil service

This same peter obi chased northerners away from anambra when he was governor

This same peter obi gave a fellow governor house arrest cos he’s a northerner n today this same Man is telling u he wants to unite Nigerians

I guess d definition of unity is sacking your fellow tribesmen because they aren’t from your state?

I guess the definition of unity is chasing northerners away from your state?

I guess d definition of unity is embarrassing a sitting governor?

Observe d first 2 pictures n u will realise ipob candidate are only ready to get votes by causing divisions,they are reporting the same fake assasination attempt n one mentioned Yoruba men as if they interviewed the attackers n the other mentioned fulanis

Before d election everyone will know d stock ipob is truly made of with taking over peter obi campaign

107 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saying Tinubu Will Starve Off Eastern Ports Is Hogwash by IKBARUTEN11(m): 8:17am On Sep 13, 2022
Tinubu supporters are stupid

Cc: keyamo when he was still thinking tightly

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saying Tinubu Will Starve Off Eastern Ports Is Hogwash by tino22(m): 8:17am On Sep 13, 2022
God forbid Tinubu rules this country after bringing calamity of buhari in government. You want to take over from where he stopped to finish us patapata. Anyways I knew it’s only tribalistic people that will support Agbado master even if they see a picture of him with Pablo Escobar as said by the celestian prophet abi scammer they just released from prison.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Saying Tinubu Will Starve Off Eastern Ports Is Hogwash by christejames(m): 8:17am On Sep 13, 2022
Go and rest...

We all know Tinubu will do worse than that that's why he won't be smelling that seat in Aso Rock

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saying Tinubu Will Starve Off Eastern Ports Is Hogwash by BrickDevo: 8:17am On Sep 13, 2022
There's nothing to read here, just the usual counter statement, don't stress yourself. Peace

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saying Tinubu Will Starve Off Eastern Ports Is Hogwash by Iliveforever(m): 8:18am On Sep 13, 2022
See wetin him ideas they increase poverty, if this man ever enters the sit, omo na full time problem...funny thing be say na yorubas go cry pass

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saying Tinubu Will Starve Off Eastern Ports Is Hogwash by eobianke(m): 8:18am On Sep 13, 2022
This is a mere promise. What actions have been taken by this government to revive the port so far?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saying Tinubu Will Starve Off Eastern Ports Is Hogwash by FreeStuffsNG: 8:19am On Sep 13, 2022
God bless you OP.
The unpatriotic evil politics of lies, envy, ignorance, bitterness, hate and tribal/religious bigotry being peddled by HE Obi himself, his ipob terrorist group supporters/sympathizers and the mushroom ethnic igbo labour party ti lule.
check my signature for free stuffs!

107 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Saying Tinubu Will Starve Off Eastern Ports Is Hogwash by condralbedez: 8:19am On Sep 13, 2022
Tinubu of yester years would have done all those things,but you and I knw that he is just a presidential placeholder for Boko haram God father(Shettima)

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Muhammadu Buhari Phones President Tinubu, Says That He Stands With Him / Dickson Ex-Chief Of Staff Defect From PDP To APC / President Buhari Presides Over Inaugural Meeting Of APC Presidential Campaign

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.