Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,110 members, 7,814,895 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:23 PM

Sam Loco to get State Burial - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Sam Loco to get State Burial (10423 Views)

Funny Picture Of Sam Loco, Makes Us Laugh Even In Death / Breaking News-sam Loco Efe Is Dead Yesterday 6th Aug In His Hotel Room At Owerri / Nollywood Actor,sam Loco Efe Is Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sam Loco to get State Burial by Nobody: 10:12am On Aug 11, 2011
[center][url=http://visionitesmagazine.com/index.php/topic,973.msg1899.html#msg1899]http://visionitesmagazine.com/index.php/topic,973.msg1899.html#msg1899[/url][/center]

[center][img]http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ1gKCSZKInw3OhNDkYjBKiGbHNKcnBDXCWCdop9RT_ntt0lZV8PQ&t=1[/img]
[/center]

The Enugu State governor, Sullivan Chime has promised yesterday, to give the late veteran actor and salient comic character, Sam Loco Efe, a state burial.

Describing his death as a great loss to the entertainment industry, Enugu State and  the country at large, Governor Chime through a statement by his Senior Special Assistant on Media, Afam Okereke, also lamented Sam Loco's exit.

The Enugu Governor also commended on Efe’s participation at the Enugu State chapter of Actor Guild of Nigeria.
Re: Sam Loco to get State Burial by Greenpro: 1:01pm On Aug 11, 2011
Positive development for entertainment industry.
Re: Sam Loco to get State Burial by popoboy(m): 1:17pm On Aug 11, 2011
Good one there, he deserves every bit of it.
Re: Sam Loco to get State Burial by bennie1980(m): 1:18pm On Aug 11, 2011
It does end with state burial. what happens to sam loco's widow and family?
Re: Sam Loco to get State Burial by olawalebabs(m): 1:23pm On Aug 11, 2011
Is a good development.
Re: Sam Loco to get State Burial by kblastic(f): 1:34pm On Aug 11, 2011
this is great.
may his soul rest in perfect peace.
Re: Sam Loco to get State Burial by mallorca(m): 1:34pm On Aug 11, 2011
this man is sick for more than 10 yrs without good treatment, its now you want give him State Burial?
Medicine after death
Re: Sam Loco to get State Burial by Pukkah: 1:38pm On Aug 11, 2011
bennie1980:

This is the problem with the average Nigerian, the focus is on merriment and pomp.
Re: Sam Loco to get State Burial by Pukkah: 1:41pm On Aug 11, 2011
mallorca:

this man is sick for more than 10 yrs without good treatment, its now you want give him State Burial?
Medicine after death

If indeed he was sick for 10 years without good treatment, this brings to mind the terrible habit of those who abandon their old ones only to roll out the drums and start spraying cash in the name of giving them a 'befitting burial'.

Why didn't the same government come to his aid when he was sick? Now that he's dead, they want to 'take care' of the dead body so that they can extract political capital out of it. Nigerians!
Re: Sam Loco to get State Burial by edwinobaje(m): 1:45pm On Aug 11, 2011
Typical Nigerians, there will be state burial them go complain no state burial una go still complain.Go drink cement if u don't want it
Re: Sam Loco to get State Burial by davmor(m): 1:54pm On Aug 11, 2011
To me oo, that is honour to the actor and also a good remark to the family members. I will call on my state governor, Martin Elechi of Ebonyi to do the same. After all Sam Lolo Efe' grew in Abakaliki, so he deserve even much more than what Enugu Govt. can do for him, OR what do you think?
Re: Sam Loco to get State Burial by omaojo1: 2:09pm On Aug 11, 2011
RIP.

I believe the dead should be remembered for what society would miss them for.

At such a level, how many people are depending on you?

how many lives have u touched outside ur immediate lineage?

We have to tackle the challenges we face as a nation solo.

just my thinking
Re: Sam Loco to get State Burial by Princek12(m): 2:24pm On Aug 11, 2011
Instead of spending the money on state burial, why not give his widow and the kids the money. I am sure they will appreciate it more than a state burial.
Re: Sam Loco to get State Burial by Nobody: 2:28pm On Aug 11, 2011
Sam Loco, My favorite Nollywood actor, Rest in the bosom of the lord.
Good one Chime. Let's immortalize this man who had helped many forget
their sorrows and hardships albeit temporarily.
Re: Sam Loco to get State Burial by Donmeca(m): 2:30pm On Aug 11, 2011
bennie1980:

Now what shud d govt do? Bury his widow and family with d dead man. . .give them state-live-burial?

mallorca:

Medicine after death

Sam Loko was sick for more than 10 years and was earning money tru acting b4 and during his sick period! If he cud not treat himself, did he or his family ask for help? D man is dead and people want to blame another for not taking care of him.

Pukkah:

This is the problem with the average Nigerian, the focus is on merriment and pomp.

Pukkah:

If indeed he was sick for 10 years without good treatment, this brings to mind the terrible habit of those who abandon their old ones only to roll out the drums and start spraying cash in the name of giving them a 'befitting burial'.

Why didn't the same government come to his aid when he was sick?  Now that he's dead, they want to 'take care' of the dead body so that they can extract political capital out of it.  Nigerians!

And u must second every silly opinion and even compound it by asking why govt did not "come to his aid when he was sick". Leave your father to the mercy of govt. . .don't take care of him so when he dies u'll bar govt from "extracting political capital out of" his state burial. Nonsense!

RIP dear Sam Loko and God bless Chime for this noble idea. May Sam be immortalised in Enugu pls.
Re: Sam Loco to get State Burial by intrepid: 2:38pm On Aug 11, 2011
may he rest in peace.Amen
Re: Sam Loco to get State Burial by ronkebp(f): 2:53pm On Aug 11, 2011
Ewww!!!! ABASI!! MAY HIS SOUL REST IN PEACE, Amen.
Re: Sam Loco to get State Burial by velo10: 2:55pm On Aug 11, 2011
Great move in honoring a man who left an indelible mark in our country's growing entertainment industry.
Never knew he was that aged, but I would always and forever remember Sam Loco Efe
Re: Sam Loco to get State Burial by andersonlu: 2:57pm On Aug 11, 2011
I could not believe it that nolly wood actor sam loco is dead it came as a shock to me, now that they said they are going to give him a state burial is not bad but his widow and children whom he left behind should not be abandon. I am really going to miss his him in the movie industry, may his gentle soul rest in the bosom of the almighty God.
Re: Sam Loco to get State Burial by bisiaet: 3:01pm On Aug 11, 2011
Why didn't the same government come to his aid when he was sick?  Now that he's dead, they want to 'take care' of the dead body so that they can extract political capital out of it.  Nigerian

Please bro dont join issue here or jump out of the discussion. All that was expected of everyone is to wish him eternal rest and give the govt. the kudos for deciding to give him a state burial.

Please it is natural a man will sick and death in so many case is natural stop blaming govt for not taken care of him because I dont see how govt should be responsible for his sickness or would I say everybody now should be waiting for govt to pay the bill for their sick family? Please, please & please say something else. I beg you.[i][/i]

Rest in PEACE Sam!!!! We will miss you a lot. Adieu
Re: Sam Loco to get State Burial by Pukkah: 3:04pm On Aug 11, 2011
bisiaet:

Please bro dont join issue here or jump out of the discussion. All that was expected of everyone is to wish him eternal rest and give the govt. the kudos for deciding to give him a state burial.

Please it is natural a man will sick and death in so many case is natural stop blaming govt for not taken care of him because[b] I dont see how govt should be responsible for his sickness or would I say everybody now should be waiting for govt to pay the bill for thier sick family?[/b] Please, please & please say something else. I beg you.[i][/i]

Rest in PEACE Sam!!!! We will miss you a lot. Adieu

If government won't be responsible for the sickness of people then they should not be responsible for the burial. Which is more valued - his death or life? Why do governments in many developed countries try to take care of their people, especially seniors above 65?
Re: Sam Loco to get State Burial by kemisuga(f): 3:05pm On Aug 11, 2011
r.i.p
Re: Sam Loco to get State Burial by Pukkah: 3:06pm On Aug 11, 2011
Donmeca:

Now what shud d govt do? Bury his widow and family with d dead man. . .give them state-live-burial?

Sam Loko was sick for more than 10 years and was earning money tru acting b4 and during his sick period! If he cud not treat himself, did he or his family ask for help? D man is dead and people want to blame another for not taking care of him.

And u must second every silly opinion and even compound it by asking why govt did not "come to his aid when he was sick". Leave your father to the mercy of govt. . .don't take care of him so when he dies u'll bar govt from "extracting political capital out of" his state burial. Nonsense!

RIP dear Sam Loko and God bless Chime for this noble idea. May Sam be immortalised in Enugu pls.

The quality of your response has shown the kind of person you are and I shall refrain from joining issues with you or dignifying you with a reply.
Re: Sam Loco to get State Burial by Nobody: 3:19pm On Aug 11, 2011
I thought they said this man didn't die ? WTH? May his soul rest in peace!
Re: Sam Loco to get State Burial by spiro4real(f): 3:29pm On Aug 11, 2011
May his soul rest in the bossom of our Lord till dat resurrection morning where we 'll part no more. Welcome home sir n I wish the family the strength to bear the irreparable loss.
Re: Sam Loco to get State Burial by Excelboi(m): 3:32pm On Aug 11, 2011
May his soul rest in the bossom of the lord. R.I.P, best comedian in the nollywood scene
Re: Sam Loco to get State Burial by ideylaff: 3:33pm On Aug 11, 2011
Can we ALL show some respect on this thread please, also can we exhibit some maturity as well restraint on comments that are not really needed in a situation like this. Thank you. As a mark of respect for Sam.

R.I.P bro,

U came U saw and did your very bit which we will never 4get.

Farewell Sam Loco Efeeimwonkiyeke,
Re: Sam Loco to get State Burial by Donmeca(m): 3:37pm On Aug 11, 2011
Pukkah:

The quality of your response has shown the kind of person you are and I shall refrain from joining issues with you or dignifying you with a reply.

I never xpcted u to join issues with cos u talk crap! ur type blame govt for everything. If it rains, govt; if it shines, govt. How many people have died in Nigeria since last week and for how many has d govt paid their hospital bills?

In your opinion, Enugu State govt shud leave d burial for d family. . .only then will his poor widow and children be taken good care of? Do u know how much of d man's savings d govt will stop d family from spending by undertaking his burial? your reasoning was poor broda. . .don't get me wrong here.
Re: Sam Loco to get State Burial by yeye4live(m): 3:38pm On Aug 11, 2011
i cant still belive ure dead my best friend, rip
Re: Sam Loco to get State Burial by Kx: 3:41pm On Aug 11, 2011
bennie1980:

Other than state burial and immortalising his name, what else should d govt do?

Is it not high time artiste insisted on life insurance/some death benefits even in locations, and engage in investments to cather for loved ones when things like dis happens?
Re: Sam Loco to get State Burial by Donmic1(m): 3:46pm On Aug 11, 2011
dats very nice but dey shld tak care of his wife and children to avoid conflict in d family.
Re: Sam Loco to get State Burial by maddock(m): 3:56pm On Aug 11, 2011
mallorca:

Medicine after death

What a warped way of reasoning. Was Sam Loco a destitute? Did he not made good money from all the films he acted in. Giving him state burial is a commendable step by the Govnor. Nigerians na wah for una God abeg.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Joy Osomiamhe Onumajuru Graduates From The UK University, London / Rachel Bakam Unveiled As Country Director Of UN Ambassador Of SDGS Network / The Amazing Race Australia Application 2015 And Auditions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.