Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,774 members, 7,809,987 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:23 PM

Wendy Shay: Let's Swallow Our Pride And Ask Nigerians To Show Us The Way - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Wendy Shay: Let's Swallow Our Pride And Ask Nigerians To Show Us The Way (30804 Views)

Wendy Shay Wears Curves-Revealing Tight Outfit To Perform On Stage / John Kufuor Looking At Wendy Shay Boobs Got People Talking / Wendy Shay: 'The Rotten Black Buttocks Is Photoshopped' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wendy Shay: Let's Swallow Our Pride And Ask Nigerians To Show Us The Way by Makotu: 1:14am On Sep 14, 2022
Wendy Shay has a message for her colleague musicians and Ghanaian music industry players who have been comparing Ghanaian musicians to Nigerian musicians.

It is argued that Nigerian musicians have found the hack to sell their records globally whilst Ghanaian musicians lag behind. A few days ago, Wendy first said Nigerian artists must be praised for driving attention to Africa through music.

"Ghanaian Artistes Should thank Nigerians Artistes, For bringing the world’s attention to Africa …through Afrobeats. Ghana wake up," she said in a tweet shared two days ago. Her comment has stirred a debate and she has followed it up with another statement today.

Veteran Ghanaian rapper, Tic, disagreed with Wendy when he replied to her tweet. He wrote "who should thank who I think it’s should’ve been the other way rather. If not for our bad Ghanaian PHD syndrome things could’ve been different. Enjoy your music and keep working hard for yourself and country don’t get in the mix of things you don’t know".

Finally responding to Tic and others, Wendy Shay has taking to her Twitter page a few minutes ago, to tell her fellow musicians to be humble and learn from Nigerians.

"Give Nigerian Artistes their flowers 4 bringing the world’s Attention to africa thru Afrobeats N u ppl vex? I will say it again lets swallow our pride, go to dem and ask dem how they did it,they might show us the road. God is using me speak to u,U ppl no wan listen Ghana wake up," she said.

PhCityBreedTV uncovered that The conversation came amidst Sarkodie's comment about Ghanaian radio presenters who are always criticizing Ghanaian musicians for not going international.

According to the rapper, he doesn't understand why radio presenters who have been on the local scene for decades would criticize musicians for not penetrating territories.

“It is easy for somebody to sit on radio and tell you Shatta Wale no do this. You, you dey radio top for Ghana for close to 20 years wey you no fit come enter Choice for here or BBC. I don’t think you have the moral right to talk about artiste wey e dey Ghana wey e no move. Because me I go BBC because it is Komla Dumor wey e make I go,” Sarkodie said.

The comment has since sparked controversy and backlash as some radio presenters say Sarkodie's utterance is disrespectful. Meanwhile, Shatta Wale is rather giving Sarkodie his backing.

https://phcitybreedtv.com.ng/2022/09/lets-swallow-our-pride-and-ask-nigerians-to-show-us-the-way-wendy-shay/

40 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Wendy Shay: Let's Swallow Our Pride And Ask Nigerians To Show Us The Way by Fkmodhi: 2:12am On Sep 14, 2022
Fight go soon start...

76 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Wendy Shay: Let's Swallow Our Pride And Ask Nigerians To Show Us The Way by Kabirudeen25(m): 2:29am On Sep 14, 2022
The other way round as in how? I have never heard any Ghanaian music in my life. That tiktok artist abi wetin b him name no dey hear 'swallow your pride' grin

180 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Wendy Shay: Let's Swallow Our Pride And Ask Nigerians To Show Us The Way by Nukilia: 2:29am On Sep 14, 2022
The lady should run for her life before they finish her like that other lady. Gh people no get joy when it comes to Nigeria matter and music

She should just relocate to Nigeria fast

98 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Wendy Shay: Let's Swallow Our Pride And Ask Nigerians To Show Us The Way by dawnomike(m): 2:53am On Sep 14, 2022
The 1st of her kind in Ghana to voice out the truth and the obvious...

198 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Wendy Shay: Let's Swallow Our Pride And Ask Nigerians To Show Us The Way by 2Radii: 3:27am On Sep 14, 2022
Kabirudeen25:
The other way round as in how? I have never heard any Ghanaian music in my life. That tiktok artist abi wetin b him name no dey hear 'swallow your pride' grin
their voices sef go be like say dem dey fight for studio grin

60 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Wendy Shay: Let's Swallow Our Pride And Ask Nigerians To Show Us The Way by mike8804: 4:02am On Sep 14, 2022
That's the truth! Same thing with Nollywood and Gollywood

110 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Wendy Shay: Let's Swallow Our Pride And Ask Nigerians To Show Us The Way by dazzlingd(m): 4:03am On Sep 14, 2022
There’s no debate about it, Nigeria music remains the best in Africa

180 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Wendy Shay: Let's Swallow Our Pride And Ask Nigerians To Show Us The Way by Ulunne777(f): 4:18am On Sep 14, 2022
Nollywood groomed their movie industry,they'd later turn theres to full nudity and extreme sexuality .But I heard its now comatose.

70 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wendy Shay: Let's Swallow Our Pride And Ask Nigerians To Show Us The Way by oz4real83(m): 4:39am On Sep 14, 2022
Even with our "no electricity, bad economy, bad govt, bad infrastructure, poor education and bla bla bla" status, Ghana and many other countries are still very envious of us and would want to be us, they display this envy through hatred and anger against Nigerians. Just imagine what we will be if we are able to get leadership right in this country embarassed embarassed, even the Ghanaian president will abandon his country, relocate to Nigeria and be governing his people from Nigeria cheesy cheesy grin

197 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Wendy Shay: Let's Swallow Our Pride And Ask Nigerians To Show Us The Way by Nobody: 4:52am On Sep 14, 2022
Ghana always envying and copying Nigeria on everything. Ghanians are attention seekers

62 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wendy Shay: Let's Swallow Our Pride And Ask Nigerians To Show Us The Way by akinmusi(m): 5:51am On Sep 14, 2022
Nigeria precisely at the forefront.

Well those interested in real estate and car dealerships, and earning commissions as side hustle from sales of the same Real Estate and Car deals can get in touch with me.

NB: you must have passion and be committed to online networking and relentless attitude to get the best out of yourself. I will also be available to give tips and guides for working online.

Kindly check my signature.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wendy Shay: Let's Swallow Our Pride And Ask Nigerians To Show Us The Way by everythinggirly(f): 6:58am On Sep 14, 2022
Ghanians no go gree, they're filled with pride, gyakie get sense sha, she dey cooperate well.

65 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Wendy Shay: Let's Swallow Our Pride And Ask Nigerians To Show Us The Way by Gaabasky: 7:05am On Sep 14, 2022
Nothing bad in copy what is functioning irrespective of where it's coming from. I give it to the lady.

45 Likes

Re: Wendy Shay: Let's Swallow Our Pride And Ask Nigerians To Show Us The Way by Rahkman: 7:10am On Sep 14, 2022
The only working thing in this country na entertainment the remaining sectors re in comatose

72 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Wendy Shay: Let's Swallow Our Pride And Ask Nigerians To Show Us The Way by Rahkman: 7:13am On Sep 14, 2022
Ulunne777:
Bollywood groomed their movie industry,they'd later turn theres to full nudity and extreme sexuality .But I heard its now comatose.
the new bollywood is very very big now most of their films are beginning to hit big money in the box offices, after hollywood next is bollywood in terms of money spinning and popularity

10 Likes

Re: Wendy Shay: Let's Swallow Our Pride And Ask Nigerians To Show Us The Way by VeryWickedMan: 7:13am On Sep 14, 2022
Okay. Zazuu show her the way.

34 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Wendy Shay: Let's Swallow Our Pride And Ask Nigerians To Show Us The Way by mrvitalis(m): 7:21am On Sep 14, 2022
Funny thing is Ghana was on it way around 2010 to 2013 when they had their dancehall beats in all Nigerians parties then they had inferiority complex and started to copy Nigeria

For years Nigerians tried to sound like black Americans in music blacky , rugged man , mode 9 , Sasha p , style plus ...but we never made any headway ...till be stock to what we liked and made it popular

Look at south Africa amapiano today ...you can't go to Nigerian night clubs without hearing it

That's how you grow stick to what you enjoy sooner or later people would understand why you enjoy it then join you

85 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Wendy Shay: Let's Swallow Our Pride And Ask Nigerians To Show Us The Way by Okoroawusa: 7:25am On Sep 14, 2022
We have always been a big brother to Ghana since the British gave both countries independence.
I believe what works against Ghana is her population. It's too small. They can't beat Nigeria. It's just impossible.
Most Ghana best actors are those who work in Nigeria or have worked in Nigeria ( Van Vicker, Nadia Buhari, John Dumelo, Majid Michel, Jackie Appiah and so on).
Film in Ghana have Nigerians as producers or executive producers. It's just like Canada and U.S. The Canadian actors and musicians have to go to Hollywood to make it.

Make Dem no vex. No be anybody fault.

112 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Wendy Shay: Let's Swallow Our Pride And Ask Nigerians To Show Us The Way by FreeStuffsNG: 7:28am On Sep 14, 2022
I agree with Sarkodie that Radio broadcasters sitting in one station for 20 years inside Ghana is not promotion.
check my signature for free stuff!

4 Likes

Re: Wendy Shay: Let's Swallow Our Pride And Ask Nigerians To Show Us The Way by hotseat: 7:32am On Sep 14, 2022
The unending rivalry between Nigeria and Ghana dates back down the history lane.

Be it in sports, music, academic, etc, the rivalry is palpable!

However, when it comes to music, Naija is head and shoulders far above Ghana, if truth be told.

Wendy is blatantly true in her assession comparing both countries in the field of music.

Sarkodie and the Shattered, sorry, Shatta Wale are just full of envy and jealousy.

Give honour to whom honour is due!

Naija Musical Artistes: Making Naija Proud Always!

27 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Wendy Shay: Let's Swallow Our Pride And Ask Nigerians To Show Us The Way by Tonypen247(m): 7:56am On Sep 14, 2022
H
Re: Wendy Shay: Let's Swallow Our Pride And Ask Nigerians To Show Us The Way by opalu: 7:56am On Sep 14, 2022
Lol

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Wendy Shay: Let's Swallow Our Pride And Ask Nigerians To Show Us The Way by rusher14: 7:57am On Sep 14, 2022
grin
Re: Wendy Shay: Let's Swallow Our Pride And Ask Nigerians To Show Us The Way by temitope27(m): 7:57am On Sep 14, 2022
She mean this country that's not working grin cheesy cheesy grin

Oh sorry, I don't know she's talking about music

1 Like

Re: Wendy Shay: Let's Swallow Our Pride And Ask Nigerians To Show Us The Way by Winters23: 7:57am On Sep 14, 2022
grin
Re: Wendy Shay: Let's Swallow Our Pride And Ask Nigerians To Show Us The Way by Nobody: 7:58am On Sep 14, 2022
grin I just want to Post the Map of Ghana as a comment grin grin grin

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wendy Shay: Let's Swallow Our Pride And Ask Nigerians To Show Us The Way by Authoreety: 7:59am On Sep 14, 2022
Lol...

Her fellow Ghanaian artists go chop am raw for this statement

Meanwhile the person behind the comment above mine is a thief..
Avoid him o

7 Likes

Re: Wendy Shay: Let's Swallow Our Pride And Ask Nigerians To Show Us The Way by Nobody: 7:59am On Sep 14, 2022
Number one secret is the producers...
U just have to give it to diz guyz....
Even if artist cry to the beat wey dem create, na hit

Anoda secret is the audience, Nigeria being the most populous country in Africa with over 200milli population has a positive effect on the artist coming out of the country.
An artist drop a song today, like millions of nigerian don stream am asap, comments and likes don follow..
Diz days I dey see some white barnies singing naija song on YouTube and tiktok, all na for traffic, make some Dumbos come do awww for their comments section with plenty views and likes wey go in turns make dem more racks...

Well I no fit downplay our own artist, dem dey try but dey can do better...

22 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Timaya Talks About Marriage And Why He Didn't Sign Runtown & Patoranking / Ubi Franklin Son, Jayden As A Medical Doctor / Jennifer Obayuwana's Engagement May Have Crashed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.