Stats: 3,153,618 members, 7,820,192 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:11 AM

Wendy Shay: Let's Swallow Our Pride And Ask Nigerians To Show Us The Way - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Wendy Shay: Let's Swallow Our Pride And Ask Nigerians To Show Us The Way (30822 Views)

Wendy Shay Wears Curves-Revealing Tight Outfit To Perform On Stage / John Kufuor Looking At Wendy Shay Boobs Got People Talking / Wendy Shay: 'The Rotten Black Buttocks Is Photoshopped' (2) (3) (4)

Re: Wendy Shay: Let's Swallow Our Pride And Ask Nigerians To Show Us The Way by Truvelisback(m): 9:48am On Sep 14, 2022
She is rice.
Re: Wendy Shay: Let's Swallow Our Pride And Ask Nigerians To Show Us The Way by Georgejeez: 9:56am On Sep 14, 2022
Truvelisback:
She is rice.
Nah , she is beans

Re: Wendy Shay: Let's Swallow Our Pride And Ask Nigerians To Show Us The Way by TUANKU(m): 9:57am On Sep 14, 2022
BeanmanX:
Oga it's not by any useless Grammy,,, Grammy is overrated abeg,,when it comes to music popularity in the whole Africa,, Nigeria music is number one..
Nigerian music popular pass latino music or rock-n-roll? Individually no Nigerian artiste dead or alive has sold more albums globally than Mariam Makeba for a start, no Nigerian is even in the top 6.
Small boy music is more than just party music.
Re: Wendy Shay: Let's Swallow Our Pride And Ask Nigerians To Show Us The Way by mastermaestro(m): 10:04am On Sep 14, 2022
Ulunne777:
Nollywood groomed their movie industry,they'd later turn theres to full nudity and extreme sexuality .But I heard its now comatose.

I'm fact they messed up and littered their movies with sex scenes. I stopped seeing their movies as a result.
Re: Wendy Shay: Let's Swallow Our Pride And Ask Nigerians To Show Us The Way by BeanmanX(m): 10:06am On Sep 14, 2022
TUANKU:

Nigerian music popular pass latino music or rock-n-roll? Individually no Nigerian artiste dead or alive has sold more albums globally than Mariam Makeba for a start, no Nigerian is even in the top 6.
Small boy music is more than just party music.
Dude we are talking about present not the past,,,infact no musician in Africa have streams than Wizkid,,Burna boy and Davido,,,dead or alive!

Nigeria have taking over the music/entertainment industry in Africa,,,and this will last till the end of the world..

Re: Wendy Shay: Let's Swallow Our Pride And Ask Nigerians To Show Us The Way by bitbillionaire: 10:19am On Sep 14, 2022
These people should leave Ghanaian musicians alone. Is it a must to go international? I have all this type of comparisons. Everybody is doing his best at his level.
Re: Wendy Shay: Let's Swallow Our Pride And Ask Nigerians To Show Us The Way by Gben5: 10:25am On Sep 14, 2022
Fkmodhi:
Fight go soon start...
I tell u grin
Fkmodhi:
Fight go soon start...
I tell u
Re: Wendy Shay: Let's Swallow Our Pride And Ask Nigerians To Show Us The Way by Gben5: 10:27am On Sep 14, 2022
[quote author=Kabirudeen25 post=116643735]The other way round as in how? I have never heard any Ghanaian music in my life. That tiktok artist abi wetin b him name no dey hear 'swallow your pride' grin[/bro go sit down watin be u never hear ghana song before! na talk be dat...
Re: Wendy Shay: Let's Swallow Our Pride And Ask Nigerians To Show Us The Way by Gben5: 10:28am On Sep 14, 2022
[quote author=Gben5 post=116652263][/quote] na because you still small indomie generation....ask ur daddy or ur mum
Re: Wendy Shay: Let's Swallow Our Pride And Ask Nigerians To Show Us The Way by loliapoopy2013(f): 11:13am On Sep 14, 2022
dawnomike:
The 1st of her kind in Ghana to voice out the truth and the obvious...

And it's a very bitter pill for Ghanaians to swallow
Re: Wendy Shay: Let's Swallow Our Pride And Ask Nigerians To Show Us The Way by FavouredNK: 11:21am On Sep 14, 2022
Kabirudeen25:
The other way round as in how? I have never heard any Ghanaian music in my life. That tiktok artist abi wetin b him name no dey hear 'swallow your pride' grin
I dey tell you, he who knows not and knows not that he knows not is a fool forever. But at least someone is telling them the bitter truth.
Re: Wendy Shay: Let's Swallow Our Pride And Ask Nigerians To Show Us The Way by mikeapollo: 11:23am On Sep 14, 2022
mrvitalis:
Funny thing is Ghana was on it way around 2010 to 2013 when they had their dancehall beats in all Nigerians parties then they had inferiority complex and started to copy Nigeria

For years Nigerians tried to sound like black Americans in music blacky , rugged man , mode 9 , Sasha p , style plus ...but we never made any headway ...till be stock to what we liked and made it popular

Look at south Africa amapiano today ...you can't go to Nigerian night clubs without hearing it

That's how you grow stick to what you enjoy sooner or later people would understand why you enjoy it then join you

Big ups to you for your comments.
The truth is, Ghana has had the biggest influence on Nigeria music, right from the days of highlife to the current, so called''Afrobeats''.
Fela Kuti traveled to go and live in Ghana for 2 years so he could join a band called Hedzolleh and learn Afrobeats. He became the most successful because he stuck to it while most others experimented with it.
The biggest Afro band from Africa is a Ghanaian band called Osibiasa.

Most of the sounds, rhythms, melodies and beats/progressions in most of the so-called Afrobeats nowadays are copied from Ghana Highlife, Hiplife, Azonto, Alkaeda etc. They are the originators of putting rap over highlife tunes, which is dominant today in Afrobeats. Many Nigerian musicians have acknowledged that.
But Nigeria has the population numbers and the market which are important for promotion, so we can push our songs farther and in mush bigger . Nigerian musicians also sing in English/pidgin which helps to promote their songs, while Ghanaians sing more in their local dialects.
Re: Wendy Shay: Let's Swallow Our Pride And Ask Nigerians To Show Us The Way by Rebirth212: 11:26am On Sep 14, 2022
VeryWickedMan:
Okay. Zazuu show her the way.

Guy U wan Kee me......... I have been laffin and coughing in room for some minutes now

Guy AswearuGod U funny die

Re: Wendy Shay: Let's Swallow Our Pride And Ask Nigerians To Show Us The Way by HolyMan12: 11:28am On Sep 14, 2022
Rozross:
Ghana always envying and copying Nigeria on everything. Ghanians are attention seekers
I heard your boyfriend now has only one testicle grin
Re: Wendy Shay: Let's Swallow Our Pride And Ask Nigerians To Show Us The Way by usagee36: 11:36am On Sep 14, 2022
It's God blessings that can't be showed. Just like we going to America to ask them how they did good music and movies grin grin Every country with their own talent.

Re: Wendy Shay: Let's Swallow Our Pride And Ask Nigerians To Show Us The Way by ehissi(m): 11:37am On Sep 14, 2022
Na pride wan kill tic tac so! His last big major hit was when he did "fe fe ne fe" with Tony tetuila, now someone is giving you code you don't want to learn!

It's alright.....
Re: Wendy Shay: Let's Swallow Our Pride And Ask Nigerians To Show Us The Way by Babaken(m): 11:41am On Sep 14, 2022
Nukilia:
The lady should run for her life before they finish her like that other lady. Gh people no get joy when it comes to Nigeria matter and music
You mean EBONY.

Re: Wendy Shay: Let's Swallow Our Pride And Ask Nigerians To Show Us The Way by Babaken(m): 11:45am On Sep 14, 2022
Ukwu gi agwu ngbada abiraya ugwo,
If not for bad government who's where's ghana.
Re: Wendy Shay: Let's Swallow Our Pride And Ask Nigerians To Show Us The Way by Nukilia: 12:41pm On Sep 14, 2022
Babaken:
You mean EBONY.

You are correct
Re: Wendy Shay: Let's Swallow Our Pride And Ask Nigerians To Show Us The Way by BJanta: 12:51pm On Sep 14, 2022
2Radii:
their voices sef go be like say dem dey fight for studio grin

I wonder. All I always just hear in Ghanaian music is loud shouts of - ' muah ', ' kuah ' , 'puah' , as if they're using their mouths to blow bangers. Music for village naming ceremonies and festivals.

Re: Wendy Shay: Let's Swallow Our Pride And Ask Nigerians To Show Us The Way by 2Radii: 1:05pm On Sep 14, 2022

When it comes to entertainment pls give it to the Nigerians, na wetin God deposit in us be that grin

BJanta:

I wonder. All I always just hear in Ghanaian music is loud shouts of - ' muah ', ' kuah ' , 'puah' , as if they're using their mouths to blow bangers. Music for village naming ceremonies and festivals.
Re: Wendy Shay: Let's Swallow Our Pride And Ask Nigerians To Show Us The Way by Starzo: 1:08pm On Sep 14, 2022
BJanta:

una too get bad mouth for this country

Re: Wendy Shay: Let's Swallow Our Pride And Ask Nigerians To Show Us The Way by Tegabadguy(m): 1:20pm On Sep 14, 2022
Re: Wendy Shay: Let's Swallow Our Pride And Ask Nigerians To Show Us The Way by CSTRR: 1:34pm On Sep 14, 2022
DonBenny77:

You must have heard "Tic tac from Ghana Tony tetuila from naija" "I'm in love with two women I do know which one to date"
Abi you be indomie generation?
I'm not taking sides though I be PH boy, Ghana sabi the thing too na population we dey use opress them plus that die hard attitude and hunger for more Nigerians naturally have talk about breaking boundaries Nigerians a good at that.
Ghanaians tend to be contented with what they have like they only care about their daily bread they aren't used to competing among themselves.
When I schooled in GH for like 5years naija songs didn't get into my playlist and I was entertained.
In fact it felt like I was really in a different time zone.
I listened to more meaningful music
You are talking nonsense.

Go to ghanaweb and write this BS.

What is the population of Jamaica?

Re: Wendy Shay: Let's Swallow Our Pride And Ask Nigerians To Show Us The Way by Yankee101: 1:34pm On Sep 14, 2022
Even Ghanaian government asks for help from naija, these younger ones never sabi

Re: Wendy Shay: Let's Swallow Our Pride And Ask Nigerians To Show Us The Way by CSTRR: 1:36pm On Sep 14, 2022
goshen26:
It is easy to select 10 good stuff out of 200,000,000 than out of 6,000,000 stuff.

If u don't Gerrit forgerrit
Jamaica says hold my beer.

If you don't have it, you don't have.

Re: Wendy Shay: Let's Swallow Our Pride And Ask Nigerians To Show Us The Way by CSTRR: 1:38pm On Sep 14, 2022
mikeapollo:

Big ups to you for your comments.
The truth is, Ghana has had the biggest influence on Nigeria music, right from the days of highlife to the current, so called''Afrobeats''.
Fela Kuti traveled to go and live in Ghana for 2 years so he could join a band called Hedzolleh and learn Afrobeats. He became the most successful because he stuck to it while most others experimented with it.
The biggest Afro band from Africa is a Ghanaian band called Osibiasa.

Most of the sounds, rhythms, melodies and beats/progressions in most of the so-called Afrobeats nowadays are copied from Ghana Highlife, Hiplife, Azonto, Alkaeda etc. They are the originators of putting rap over highlife tunes, which is dominant today in Afrobeats. Many Nigerian musicians have acknowledged that.
But Nigeria has the population numbers and the market which are important for promotion, so we can push our songs farther and in mush bigger . Nigerian musicians also sing in English/pidgin which helps to promote their songs, while Ghanaians sing more in their local dialects.

What is the population of Jamaica.?

Are they as populous as Ghana?

How many Ghana songs is world class?

You first produce quality, before talking about market ,e.t.c.

Ghana does not have it.

That is the bitter truth.

Re: Wendy Shay: Let's Swallow Our Pride And Ask Nigerians To Show Us The Way by nesphil(m): 1:43pm On Sep 14, 2022
Very tiny Ghana
Himtulie247:
grin I just want to Post the Map of Ghana as a comment grin grin grin
Re: Wendy Shay: Let's Swallow Our Pride And Ask Nigerians To Show Us The Way by nesphil(m): 1:44pm On Sep 14, 2022
Nigeria on the lead...
They better swallow their pride and come learn from their big brothers o
Re: Wendy Shay: Let's Swallow Our Pride And Ask Nigerians To Show Us The Way by etrange: 2:25pm On Sep 14, 2022
They came into Nollywood, learned the skills and went on to establish thier own movie industry. They're also doing good in music. Of course, Nigeria is huge and that means more talents and more output, but I'm proud of of Ghanaian brothers and sisters. They're doing well for a country that size. However, I don't understand this idea of denying the obvious. Nigeria has brought the world's attention to Africa via the entertainment industry. There's no point denying that.
Re: Wendy Shay: Let's Swallow Our Pride And Ask Nigerians To Show Us The Way by etrange: 2:32pm On Sep 14, 2022
Kabirudeen25:
The other way round as in how? I have never heard any Ghanaian music in my life. That tiktok artist abi wetin b him name no dey hear 'swallow your pride' grin

Honestly, I don't engage in such arguments, but that guy must be high. It's not everything we must argue about. Ghanaians are trying, but Nigeria has clearly caught the world's attention and now African music is becoming mainstream. Instead of arguing this, they should join the ride and give honor to whom its due. This is what I like about Western Europe. Africans, on the other hand, are always dragging each other down. After, they'll claim pan-africanism
Re: Wendy Shay: Let's Swallow Our Pride And Ask Nigerians To Show Us The Way by mikeapollo: 2:43pm On Sep 14, 2022
CSTRR:

What is the population of Jamaica.?

Are they as populous as Ghana?

How many Ghana songs is world class?

You first produce quality, before talking about market ,e.t.c.

Ghana does not have it.

That is the bitter truth.

Ghana does not have it but Nigeriacpied their Highlife music. Fela went there to learn Highlife/Afrobeat in the 1960s. Current Nigerian musicians including Mr. Eazi, Wande Coal, PSquare, Wizkid, Davido, Olamide, Smi, Tiwa, Yemi Alade, etc. all have been copying Ghanaian rap, highlife, hiplife and Azonto beats like crazy.

Annie Idibia Stuns For Date Night(photos) / Daddy Freeze Slams Pastor Adeboye Over Aso Ebi & Ungodly Wedding Engagement Ban / Actress Ini Edo Looks Classy In New Photo