Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,789 members, 7,820,769 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:12 PM

Wendy Shay: Let's Swallow Our Pride And Ask Nigerians To Show Us The Way - Celebrities (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Wendy Shay: Let's Swallow Our Pride And Ask Nigerians To Show Us The Way (30828 Views)

Wendy Shay Wears Curves-Revealing Tight Outfit To Perform On Stage / John Kufuor Looking At Wendy Shay Boobs Got People Talking / Wendy Shay: 'The Rotten Black Buttocks Is Photoshopped' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wendy Shay: Let's Swallow Our Pride And Ask Nigerians To Show Us The Way by kelspinall(m): 2:54pm On Sep 14, 2022
she has a point and she made it clear to people's understanding
Re: Wendy Shay: Let's Swallow Our Pride And Ask Nigerians To Show Us The Way by CSTRR: 2:54pm On Sep 14, 2022
mikeapollo:

Ghana does not have it but Nigeriacpied their Highlife music. Fela went there to learn Highlife/Afrobeat in the 1960s. Current Nigerian musicians including Mr. Eazi, Wande Coal, PSquare, Wizkid, Davido, Olamide, Smi, Tiwa, Yemi Alade, etc. all have been copying Ghanaian rap, highlife, hiplife and Azonto beats like crazy.
Now where is Ghana highlife music today?

The Nigerian version is even more popular.

Besides, afrobeat is not highlife.
So what exactly did Ghana do?

Why not play your highlife and let us see if the world will buy it.?

Remember, population is not an excuse.

Jamaica is smaller than Ghana.

4 Likes

Re: Wendy Shay: Let's Swallow Our Pride And Ask Nigerians To Show Us The Way by SlurUsername1: 3:08pm On Sep 14, 2022
mikeapollo:

Ghana does not have it but Nigeriacpied their Highlife music. Fela went there to learn Highlife/Afrobeat in the 1960s. Current Nigerian musicians including Mr. Eazi, Wande Coal, PSquare, Wizkid, Davido, Olamide, Smi, Tiwa, Yemi Alade, etc. all have been copying Ghanaian rap, highlife, hiplife and Azonto beats like crazy.
What is your evidence that fela went to Ghana to learn Afrobeat?
Whom did he learn it from and which artists where into afrobeats before he started?

2 Likes

Re: Wendy Shay: Let's Swallow Our Pride And Ask Nigerians To Show Us The Way by brandsoncharlie: 3:22pm On Sep 14, 2022
SmartPolician:
What do Nigerians sing?

Nigerian music lacks quality content.

I think what is working for Nigeria is that we sing in English, social media and our massive population.

For instance, when you have tens of thousands of Nigerians liking and sharing Wizkid song, social media platforms or other online forums will put it in the face of everyone. Those people won't have any other choice than to listen to it or watch it.

The only thing I like about our music is the use of rhymes - that is very commendable.

If this country finally splits, Nigerian music is likely to lose its relevance.
Who told you Nigeria music lack quality content, check the relevance before and now.

1 Like

Re: Wendy Shay: Let's Swallow Our Pride And Ask Nigerians To Show Us The Way by wildkat: 4:13pm On Sep 14, 2022
Fkmodhi:
Fight go soon start...

Aswear.... the stage has been set for another Ghana vs Naija e-war
Re: Wendy Shay: Let's Swallow Our Pride And Ask Nigerians To Show Us The Way by wildkat: 4:16pm On Sep 14, 2022
Rozross:
Ghana always envying and copying Nigeria on everything. Ghanians are attention seekers

Yeah attention seekers just like u hairy balled she male
Re: Wendy Shay: Let's Swallow Our Pride And Ask Nigerians To Show Us The Way by Wwwq: 5:29pm On Sep 14, 2022
Really
Re: Wendy Shay: Let's Swallow Our Pride And Ask Nigerians To Show Us The Way by olowofariwo(m): 8:34pm On Sep 14, 2022
The first time I heard Uyo Meyo, played on radio a de be like who sing this song? From which African country? as I finally discover it was from Nigeria artist from ekiti state, I was extremely happy so te I cried, cry of joy
Re: Wendy Shay: Let's Swallow Our Pride And Ask Nigerians To Show Us The Way by Ogaonos: 8:54pm On Sep 14, 2022
Ulunne777:
Nollywood groomed their movie industry,they'd later turn theres to full nudity and extreme sexuality .But I heard its now comatose.
they even spoil our nollywood.their d reason nollywood started glorifying slay queens/ run girl movies when our directors thought their nudity Nd sex scenes go fetch moni.this move is what kill d artistry of nollywood
Re: Wendy Shay: Let's Swallow Our Pride And Ask Nigerians To Show Us The Way by Ogaonos: 9:02pm On Sep 14, 2022
mrvitalis:
Funny thing is Ghana was on it way around 2010 to 2013 when they had their dancehall beats in all Nigerians parties then they had inferiority complex and started to copy Nigeria

For years Nigerians tried to sound like black Americans in music blacky , rugged man , mode 9 , Sasha p , style plus ...but we never made any headway ...till be stock to what we liked and made it popular

Look at south Africa amapiano today ...you can't go to Nigerian night clubs without hearing it

That's how you grow stick to what you enjoy sooner or later people would understand why you enjoy it then join you
let me correct sometime here for our much younger folks.style plus actually made Nigeria ladies love naija music after Tu face.so te pple couldn't wait for olufunmi video .rugged man on the other hand advocated for artiste to sing in their mother tongue in the song he did feature 9ice.what music expert in Nigeria are saying in regards to Ghana music is they should learn Nd create their own local music craft because dancehall is frm Jamaica Nd it glories Jamaica or carribbean.if you love at s.a they did jux that when few of their artiste notice that we go creative with local sounds
Re: Wendy Shay: Let's Swallow Our Pride And Ask Nigerians To Show Us The Way by theTranslator: 9:44pm On Sep 14, 2022
donprinyo:
The way is Igbo tribe factor.
just rest
Re: Wendy Shay: Let's Swallow Our Pride And Ask Nigerians To Show Us The Way by theTranslator: 9:46pm On Sep 14, 2022
SmartyPants:

Afro beat has its origins in Ghanaian music
you're talking trash

1 Like

Re: Wendy Shay: Let's Swallow Our Pride And Ask Nigerians To Show Us The Way by theTranslator: 9:48pm On Sep 14, 2022
DonBenny77:

This scary, that mean more Nigerians must have landed at Nsawam prisons.
Gh is one country I enjoyed living just that the bad name and impressions some Nigerians create through fraud and criminality has made it uncomfortable for us.
if you love Ghana so much. Go and live there

Fvckking clowns everywhere

1 Like

Re: Wendy Shay: Let's Swallow Our Pride And Ask Nigerians To Show Us The Way by theTranslator: 9:54pm On Sep 14, 2022
TUANKU:

Calm down oga...displace which America? You have any idea the number of grammies south African artistes have won compared to Nigeria? South African music has been used as theme songs in some of the biggest blockbuster movies of all.
Nigerian music is on the rise and it's the rave but calm down.
Grammy is no indicator of good music.

If at your age you don't have this in your skull, I don't know what you have up there

South Africa with all their money is no match to us in entertainment
South Africans watch Nollywood, I know this
How many Nigerians watch any movie from SA?
The 2nd largest amapiano song is by a Nigerian

You should stop comparing is to these small countries, it's a disgrace
Re: Wendy Shay: Let's Swallow Our Pride And Ask Nigerians To Show Us The Way by theTranslator: 9:57pm On Sep 14, 2022
mikeapollo:

Big ups to you for your comments.
The truth is, Ghana has had the biggest influence on Nigeria music, right from the days of highlife to the current, so called''Afrobeats''.
Fela Kuti traveled to go and live in Ghana for 2 years so he could join a band called Hedzolleh and learn Afrobeats. He became the most successful because he stuck to it while most others experimented with it.
The biggest Afro band from Africa is a Ghanaian band called Osibiasa.

Most of the sounds, rhythms, melodies and beats/progressions in most of the so-called Afrobeats nowadays are copied from Ghana Highlife, Hiplife, Azonto, Alkaeda etc. They are the originators of putting rap over highlife tunes, which is dominant today in Afrobeats. Many Nigerian musicians have acknowledged that.
But Nigeria has the population numbers and the market which are important for promotion, so we can push our songs farther and in mush bigger . Nigerian musicians also sing in English/pidgin which helps to promote their songs, while Ghanaians sing more in their local dialects.

you are a liar.
And you are a stupid revisionist
Re: Wendy Shay: Let's Swallow Our Pride And Ask Nigerians To Show Us The Way by theTranslator: 10:03pm On Sep 14, 2022
CSTRR:

Jamaica says hold my beer.

If you don't have it, you don't have.
exactly.
These Ghanaians will not make it until they are humble, same way we were humble to black American artists and UK guys too
Wizkid,Davido,P-square,Tuface faced a lot getting features with Americans. Imagine that song Wizkid has with Drake. He did 2 videos, Drake didn't appear in anyone. Drake is obviously far bigger, so he(wiz) understands

Imagine them claiming that they created Afrobeat and afro beats??

These guys irritate me sometimes
Re: Wendy Shay: Let's Swallow Our Pride And Ask Nigerians To Show Us The Way by theTranslator: 10:06pm On Sep 14, 2022
mikeapollo:

fela didn't go there to learn anything
Stop lying felas Afrobeat is a mixture of soul,jazz and yoruba music
You guys are crazy liars
Nigerians don't copy you
You are a liar

I hate Ghanaians that lie this much
Re: Wendy Shay: Let's Swallow Our Pride And Ask Nigerians To Show Us The Way by theTranslator: 10:07pm On Sep 14, 2022
olowofariwo:
The first time I heard Uyo Meyo, played on radio a de be like who sing this song? From which African country? as I finally discover it was from Nigeria artist from ekiti state, I was extremely happy so te I cried, cry of joy
this is funny cheesy
But I feel you.

That song is evergreen. Teni put her soul into it
Re: Wendy Shay: Let's Swallow Our Pride And Ask Nigerians To Show Us The Way by SURElee(f): 10:08pm On Sep 14, 2022
Kabirudeen25:
The other way round as in how? I have never heard any Ghanaian music in my life. That tiktok artist abi wetin b him name no dey hear 'swallow your pride' grin

You didn't hear Azonto from Ghana too?
Re: Wendy Shay: Let's Swallow Our Pride And Ask Nigerians To Show Us The Way by beelon1020(m): 12:12am On Sep 15, 2022
oz4real83:
Even with our "no electricity, bad economy, bad govt, bad infrastructure, poor education and bla bla bla" status, Ghana and many other countries are still very envious of us and would want to be us, they display this envy through hatred and anger against Nigerians. Just imagine what we will be if we are able to get leadership right in this country embarassed embarassed, even the Ghanaian president will abandon his country, relocate to Nigeria and be governing his people from Nigeria cheesy cheesy grin
Lol.. you are a savage bro.. you really got me cracking with that..
Re: Wendy Shay: Let's Swallow Our Pride And Ask Nigerians To Show Us The Way by kgr28(m): 1:11am On Sep 15, 2022
theTranslator:

If at your age you don't have this in your skull, I don't know what you have up there

BS... What entertainment?
Where do we watch nollywood? Do you really think we pay to watch crap? How do you know we watch crap?
Answer how many nigerians watch SA movies?
Piano is SAcan, we listen to real piano here not that diluted crap you claim is piano. No one is listening to any piano from Nigeria here.

1 Like

Re: Wendy Shay: Let's Swallow Our Pride And Ask Nigerians To Show Us The Way by DonBenny77(m): 2:39am On Sep 15, 2022
theTranslator:

You are a he-goat
Re: Wendy Shay: Let's Swallow Our Pride And Ask Nigerians To Show Us The Way by AfriqueDuZuid: 4:12am On Sep 15, 2022
Bfly:
The leverage is the population. You cannot fight it.

As advanced as South Africa, compared to Nigeria. They are still behind on matters that has to do with population.

See how easy it was for MTN to move headquarter to Nigeria.

Nigeria is still struggling on what that matters pls.

Let this matter rest.

LOL MTN headquarters are in South Africa

What you have in Ghana, Nigeria Mauritius, Uganda Rwanda, Sudan, turkey, etc are subsidiaries/branches

SA is MTN, and MTN is SA

1 Like

Re: Wendy Shay: Let's Swallow Our Pride And Ask Nigerians To Show Us The Way by donprinyo(m): 7:25am On Sep 15, 2022
theTranslator:
just rest
Okay
Re: Wendy Shay: Let's Swallow Our Pride And Ask Nigerians To Show Us The Way by DonBenny77(m): 9:20am On Sep 15, 2022
theTranslator:

Olodo broke Gboy spotted.
What exactly is the cause of your frustration I only stated obvious facts
Re: Wendy Shay: Let's Swallow Our Pride And Ask Nigerians To Show Us The Way by theTranslator: 4:28pm On Sep 15, 2022
kgr28:
BS... What entertainment?
Where do we watch nollywood? Do you really think we pay to watch crap? How do you know we watch crap?
Answer how many nigerians watch SA movies?
Piano is SAcan, we listen to real piano here not that diluted crap you claim is piano. No one is listening to any piano from Nigeria here.

delusional
Re: Wendy Shay: Let's Swallow Our Pride And Ask Nigerians To Show Us The Way by Bfly: 10:08pm On Sep 15, 2022
AfriqueDuZuid:

LOL MTN headquarters are in South Africa

What you have in Ghana, Nigeria Mauritius, Uganda Rwanda, Sudan, turkey, etc are subsidiaries/branches

SA is MTN, and MTN is SA

Thanks
Re: Wendy Shay: Let's Swallow Our Pride And Ask Nigerians To Show Us The Way by TUANKU(m): 7:34am On Sep 16, 2022
theTranslator:

Small boy wey be illiterate. Nigerian entertainment industry bigger than SA because of nollywood crap? I pity your empty skull.

2 Likes

Re: Wendy Shay: Let's Swallow Our Pride And Ask Nigerians To Show Us The Way by theTranslator: 1:05pm On Sep 16, 2022
TUANKU:

Small boy wey be illiterate. Nigerian entertainment industry bigger than SA because of nollywood crap? I pity your empty skull.
na your papa be illiterate. Idiot ancestor wink

Clowns everywhere
Na your stupid papa be illiterate

1 Like

Re: Wendy Shay: Let's Swallow Our Pride And Ask Nigerians To Show Us The Way by AfriqueDuZuid: 4:58am On Sep 17, 2022
Bfly:

Thanks

Yeah MTN is a South African company,
Re: Wendy Shay: Let's Swallow Our Pride And Ask Nigerians To Show Us The Way by TUANKU(m): 7:29am On Sep 21, 2022
theTranslator:
na your papa be illiterate. Idiot ancestor wink

Clowns everywhere
Na your stupid papa be illiterate
grin
Did i touch a nerve? I'm 33 and damn sure am not older than the animal that fathered you so if you say i be ancestor then your old papa and mama na fossil na grin
Ekuke without base, so you don't know growing old is a blessing? You don't know you are getting older too? grin I can do things your empty small brain can only ever imagine.
Young idiot grin
Re: Wendy Shay: Let's Swallow Our Pride And Ask Nigerians To Show Us The Way by sharone21(f): 8:14am On Sep 30, 2022
Ghana is trying too in Afro hiplife/rap but Naija is always big brother. I still listen to Ghanaian music.

Give it to Nigerians especially on YouTube for attracting the world to Africa with it's music, content creation....

If not for Nigerians exposing a lot on some fields like IT and Nursing, many will be in the dark. The Indians, Paks and Phillipines will just even prefer speaking their languages and communicating goodies only to themselves....Filipinos own na to say 'PO' in many of their sentences.

I like Ghanaians too because they too are trying on the international scale.... As we are boasting of Nigerians who have lived in USA and UK even in the 40's to 60's, Ghanaians too rev up....There is this oldies sitcom: Mixed Blessings where Suzie was married to Thomas ( the white guy).... Suzie was a Ghanaian, I think she is late...but many thought she was a Nigerian and her dad had lived in UK.

Nigerians have made a lot of Africans, including SA people to up their games. That is y I believe our Politicians don't define us.

Naija to the world.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Kemi Adesipe Wears Cleveage-Baring Outfit To A Wedding / Phyno Loses $1000 To Deejay J Masta Over A Bet / Crystal Cunningham, Maje Ayida's First Baby Mama Rocks Bikini On The Road

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.